Black Lives Matter
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Re: Black Lives Matter

Honestly, those riots in the US are pretty scary... I don’t like how many politicians from both parties (including the Vice President, and many Mayors/Governors) are essentially telling people that the riots are okay. Mike Pence scolded America for its racism. He didn’t even ADDRESS the protest.

Is there police injustice? Perhaps, though burning down businesses and attacking people in broad daylight is NOT justified. Violence is not a medium of communication. I would only see riots in this scale being justified in case of a genocide or a totalitarian regime taking over, which btw is not the case.

Btw, the Post has kept a database of all police shootings since 2015, and they’ve found that the number of police shootings of unarmed individuals has actually decreased since then. Last year it was around 10 blacks who were killed; in 8 of those cases either the cop was attacked first or it was an accident of some sort. In only 2 of those cases was the cop criminally charged with murder.

In 2015, the story is pretty different: 32 whites, 38 blacks shot.
    So this ‘racial injustice’ narrative doesn’t hold up in my estimation.

What I really think is happening is, politicians in the US are playing identity politics and trying to paint several groups - blacks, gays, bisexuals, transsexuals, etc - as somehow being ‘oppressed’ by the white population in the US. Why are they doing that? For me, I honestly love what Tucker Carlson (Fox News) had to say about it: what’s happening right now is class war disguised as race war.

I really don’t like what’s happening in the US, and I find it detestable that BLM activists are telling people to ‘kneel’ and to renounce their white privilege simply because of their skin colour. Really, if you watched TV you’d get the feeling that the civil rights movement didn’t happen. I have a temper problem and I would probably yell at anyone who tried to get me to do that and call them a Marxist-racist scumbag. I’d like to say I’d also punch them hard in the face, which honestly, fuck them. Probably not the appropriate response, but I wouldn’t do it anyways... there’d be a horde of people ready to defend them.
    Last edited by ; June 6th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.

2. ISO #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Btw, the Post has kept a database of all police shootings since 2015, and they’ve found that the number of police shootings of unarmed individuals has actually decreased since then. Last year it was around 10 blacks who were killed; in 8 of those cases either the cop was attacked first or it was an accident of some sort. In only 2 of those cases was the cop criminally charged with murder.

In 2015, the story is pretty different: 32 whites, 38 blacks shot.
    So this ‘racial injustice’ narrative doesn’t hold up in my estimation.
    Are you capable of comprehending that there are more white people than black people in America?

Also imagine being such a bootlicker that you think the Republicans are bad now because they don't suck authoritarian dick enough lmfao.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Violence is not a medium of communication. I would only see riots in this scale being justified in case of a genocide or a totalitarian regime taking over, which btw is not the case.
    This puts you at odds with a long list of history's illegal and sometimes even violent protests that were still, in my opinion at least, justified - even if they weren't protesting Hitler or Stalin. That list includes the suffragettes, the ANC, civil rights groups, and many major revolutions and civil wars that finalized the transition from monarchy to democracy (and I really don't think it's fair to conflate all monarchies with "totalitarian regime"). It also puts you at odds with the stonewall riots that the gay pride parade is effectively an anniversary of.

Peaceful resistance isn't always an option. MLK only pulled it off because he made a point of sending his protesters to the most racist parts of the country where they would get ruthlessly attacked for simply peacefully demonstrating, so that he could get national coverage. He even intentionally featured children in his protests, knowing they would get attacked. Though he's held up as the quintessential example of non-violent resistance, his protests were ironically catered to facilitate violence. And all of this was only possible because the media gave him coverage (when the protesters were attacked).

It would be nice to live in a world where we could get everything done by signing petitions, but the power to bring change through purely peaceful means is a blessing conferred upon very few, if truly anyone at all. Indeed, carrying out change through the state itself constitutes violence. People who are imprisoned for refusing to accept black clients are having violence used against them - if they resist imprisonment, they are physically forced to comply. Taxation is effectively theft, and anyone who opposes taxation in principle may suffer arrest for peacefully refusing to pay. Indeed, the state itself is ultimately a massive institution primarily tasked with carrying out violence in the most ordely and even-handed manner possible to keep society running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Peaceful resistance isn't always an option. MLK only pulled it off because he made a point of sending his protesters to the most racist parts of the country where they would get ruthlessly attacked for simply peacefully demonstrating, so that he could get national coverage. He even intentionally featured children in his protests, knowing they would get attacked. Though he's held up as the quintessential example of non-violent resistance, his protests were ironically catered to facilitate violence. And all of this was only possible because the media gave him coverage (when the protesters were attacked).
    People who invoke MLK's words as an argument against so-called riots also forget that MLK was literally assassinated because of his peaceful protest. And that he couldn't push through a lot of reform in his lifetime through his peaceful protest, notably laws on fair housing.

What did push those final changes through were massive riots that occurred in response to his assassination that fucked up a lot of D.C., putting pressure on politicians to work towards those goals.