Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
There are always going to be people that take advantage of a situation

But if George Floyd isn't murdered, the riots never happen in the first place. Address the injustice, you prevent future riots.

You shoot them down? You just escalate the situation. When has escalation ever been the smart way to go?
The problem is that nobody really knows what injustice means in this context. Is there a police conspiracy to oppress black people in America? Are most policemen racist? Besides, it’s not at all given that race was a factor here. It could be, it could also just be gross negligence or a non-racially motivated murder. Let’s face it: policemen aren’t exactly known for their stellar IQ. He could easily have made a dumb mistake that escalated to monumental proportions. I’m of course not finding excuses for him, he killed a man and should probably go to jail. But let’s not jump to race here. Floyd wasn’t exactly a law-abiding citizen who was just brutally seized by the police for no reason.

i find the identity politics the democrats are playing completely detestable and they’ve been proven to be dangerous. The democrats are basically putting people against one another based on race... how Trump is the racist one here is beyond me.