"20 Years Ago" Game Thread

“Magic has always existed in this world. It represents the ability for people to break the limitations of their physical forms to perform wondrous feats that they never could do otherwise. Of course, magic also represents the ability to cause massive pain and destruction. And with something as polarizing as magic, it is only natural for people to eventually stop seeing the good and focus solely on the bad.

This is the situation that the town found themselves in 20 years ago. After the son of the blacksmith was found dead by the river with his body horribly mutated, members of the town demanded justice against the magic users that they knew were responsible. This situation made it too easy for the Templars, an extremist anti-magic group, to gain control of the town’s government. Under their leadership, the witch hunts started. Anyone accused of being even remotely associated with the magical community were burned to death in an orgy of retribution.

As everyone knows, the Templars failed in their mission. With magic users being hunted down and killed, those that remained banded together to overthrow the Templars and install their own government, one that embraced magic and punished any who tried to prevent its use; The Council of Mages.

I get ahead of myself though. This story takes place before the Templars have been completely overthrown, when a group of the remaining villagers convened to try to figure out how they could beat the magic users. Many of these villagers are still here today, of course having repented their misguided ways and pledging allegiance to the council. It took place in this town hall under this same clock tower with the same crack… was there a crack back then? I’m sure there was… How did I not notice until now…? My memory is getting rather foggy… I know at least there was a meeting in an attempt to find the remaining magic users. They were doomed to fail, but at that time, they didn’t know it…”

Spoiler : Alive :

Damus_Graves
Kenny
Stealthbomber16
The Lawyer
Bahkieh
Efekannn02
Yayap
Mike
Ganelon
Banshis
Light_Yagami