Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
@Magoroth logical is not a type of reading style separate from things. logic applies to every situation. Meta reads is the persons style, unique to that individual. The other form of reading would be to just base what you see from the current game only, not taking into account past games. that means with every person u are just starting from scratch every time. that stops you from really developing in the game. meta is how you grow in mafia.

if you learn typical scum patterns from how scum act from playing 500 games, thats meta style reading. You are putting together patterns based off of past games to improve your current game.

You do the same thing with individual players for reading them. You take their playstyle, and compare the motive to how they usually play. if ur not using meta, why not lynch someone who is scumreading someone for coloring a text? that would come off horribly opportunistic to me if i didnt know kiras meta.
there's obviously more at work here than simply meta. I didn't say all actions had in-game reason. lynching someone for non-in-game reasons is poor play, but not scum-motivated.