Corrupted Poltician
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Corrupted Politician

Corrupted Politician (could have been also just 'politician' since these are synonimous terms ^^)
    (Mafia/Advanced)

His speeches have big impact on society's opinion. He chooses one player during the night and while the first day there is a voting time this person will vote exactly the same way as Corrupted Politician. It can buy sometimes valueable vote for mafia but it turns to be useless when everybody is voting the same. Defautly this ability can be used only in one day (no matter how many unsuccessful trials gonna take place). Corrupted politician can change target if the one he chose had already died but can do it only at night. It's about luck the same way as it's with Sheriff, Investigator etc. - if chosen target dies all beneficial information is lost. His target while he is still a Corrupted Politician with charge(s) on his ability will vote 'Innocent' if he's put on the trial. It doesn't use up any charge though he has to still have somebody upon impact of his speeches.

Corrupted Politician cannot affect Mayor, though he can't click everybody during the night to see if there is any. Picking Mayor is equal to losing his charge as if it was casted on normal target but has no effect at all.

If there is no trial in the game Corrupted Politician turns into Blackmailer.

If Corrupted Politician doesn't use his ability on anybody system automatically randomizes non-mafia character after third night. When '2 charges' option is ticked however the ability will be ranndomized just at the end of the night after this character used up his ability and decided not to use it again. It is designed to not break late game.

Options: 2 charges.
    Becomes Consigliere/Mafioso after using up his ability.
    Excluded form random.

More information: Smart and lucky players (sometimes votes of Politician and his victim are the same) may notice the change in their vote and ecknowledge their mates of Politician's presence, also presence of this role in the game can be another trick for mafia to survive! This role is not imba, somehow it refers to Mayor but it is surely less powerful. Also it is very customizable. If host decides to put very strong Town (veteran + Detective + Sheriff + Jailor + investigator + 1 Adv. Town) and average Neutral characters it is advisable to put Corrupted Politician with ability of becoming Consigliere or placing 2 Adv. Mafia to balance things up or possibly giving Corrupted Politician 2 charges to bring even more mess into the trials.

Hope you like it. ;)
    Last edited by JackWolfsong; April 22nd, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Corrupted Poltician

What if the setup doesn't have trials? It's useless. Also, what if both consig and politician are set to become GF? Finally, this would be wholly gamebreaking if it was saved for lategame, especially 2 town/1 maf situations, where you basically are now coinflipping for your vote if you need to use it. Also, make mayor immune, because it leads to the coinflipping of "did I get speeched or not," where it ends up being luck guessing for 3 or 4 votes. Again, really powerful.suggested changes:1. Option to become GF changed to option to exclude from randoms2. Option added to make it not effect Mayor
    FMXI: Citizen (Zilean). FMXII Attempt 1: Coroner. FMXII Attempt 2:Consigliere. FMXII Attempt 3 (the one that actually finished): ​Ghost (Jon)
    FMXIII: ​Observer
    https://improbable.com/airchives/pape...i3/kansas.html

3. ISO #3

Editing doesn't work on 3DS, so doublepost I'm retarded time: He should be given his ability back if there are no trials during the day/the chosen player takes no votes. Also, it should work all day, since a smart player would see the change in vote after 1 trial, and a dumb player, well...
    FMXI: Citizen (Zilean). FMXII Attempt 1: Coroner. FMXII Attempt 2:Consigliere. FMXII Attempt 3 (the one that actually finished): ​Ghost (Jon)
    FMXIII: ​Observer
    https://improbable.com/airchives/pape...i3/kansas.html

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I think the role is pretty weak, as well as being unreliable.

You normally can't tell when someone is going to get put on trial ahead of time with any reasonable accuracy.
    What if the town decides to lynch a serial killer, arsonist, or other random lynch. The Politician will have revealed his role and wasted his abilities.
    Thus his ability is of unreliable use to the maifa.

The biggest thing this class provides is an excuse for maifa players voting poorly, and its not a very good one at that.
    Thus his role is pretty weak, compared to the other roles maifa could spawn with.

The role would have to be considerably buffed, and ideally be strong enough to be effective, even if the role was announced in the roles list.

The final point to add, what is there to stop town from lynching the same target over again?

6. ISO #6

So maybe it is enough to make target voting the same as Politician does? It would directly make victim following his idol's suggestion.

Final point - so what about changing votes for all trials in the first day? Seems okay?

So I'm implementing another pair of changes. Thx for your valueable feedback.
    Last edited by JackWolfsong; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

7. ISO #7

You don't think anybody would notice that when One person votes, another votes instantly at the same time for the same person?...

Meaning, everybody could tell that one of the Two Instant-Voters were the Mafia Role. It's a broken mechanic, no point in trying to correctly add it.

Roles that tend to cause "chaos" in the voting system, are usually useless.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Kind of Usless it will be obvious who the Polication is because he will vote then someone will vote stright after him.
    Then he will be like well hes the Polication making me vote someone.
    I am about of the shit SC2Mafia forums. It is such a dark place I just want out of it just for fun I'm going to troll to get myself Banned.
    BAN ME CUNTS FUCK YOUR STUPID FORUM

10. ISO #10

MIsunderstaing again... vote changes at the very end when they all show up. Everybody has feeling of free choice, one vote may change though thus making one more person suspicious. Let me explain one more time.

There are three stages of voting.
    1. To put on trial - no changes.
    2. Innocent/Guilty - no changes
    3. Innocent/Guilty SHOW UP! Here 1 vote may change to respectively fit Politicians' will.

Do u understand the idea now?

11. ISO #11