Cannibal
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Cannibal

1. ISO #1

Cannibal

EVIL-ADVANCE

An insane individual with a gruesome dream, to survive and consume the masses of flesh creatures plaguing his town.

The Cannibal is a killing role designed to cause confusion and chaos. Unlike most killing roles, the Cannibal relies on a two-day killing method, one offensive and the other defensive.

"Your target works with dead bodies" ~ Investigator
    "Your target is a Serial Killer" ~ Sheriff

Can also be renamed from the Cannibal, to the Harvester or the Butcher.

Silence
    Select a target at night to Silence. When the day begins, your target is muted for the entire session. When the night ends, your target will die. If your target is healed by a Doctor, the effects of Silence are negated. You will know if your target is healed. The Cannibal cannot silence himself.

Harvest
    Passive ability. When the night ends, your the bodies of any players affected by Silence are cleaned. During the nights of Harvest, the Cannibal has night-immunity. Targeting a player with Silence override Harvest unless the Cannibal is role-blocked. You will be informed of your target's role if they are killed.

Night Immunity
    Passive ability. Prevents the Cannibal from being killed at night. Disabled by default.

Victory Conditions
    • Be the last one alive. You will win with any Neutrals including Serial Killers and Arsonists
    • Eat more players for additional points

Usable Recycled Content
    • A cleaning option for the Serial Killer
    • A killing ability for the Janitor
    • A safety mechanism for the Vigilante
    Last edited by cookies4you; February 19th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Cannibal

I like the mechanics.
    I feel it has good synergy with the blackmailer to boot.
    Its a new and unique roll.

Problems i have with it.

The victory condition seems a bit odd.
    I'd honestly be happier if the victory condition was if he killed 2/3/4 players. At which point he becomes satiated.

If its an anti-town roll, its going to play havoc with a lot of setups when such a roll spawns. Simply because neutrals tend to be problematic to all parties. The exception being that the witch isn't actually a killing roll so its ability to affect the balance of power is minimal.

I'd prefer if the killer had control over if he actually kills or not.
    The ability to silence someone and not kill them, would be very useful. As a doctor would otherwise be able to render you ineffective, healing anyone claiming to be silenced.

Eitherway, i feel this is one of the more interesting rolls to appear, and if there isn't enough room, i'd consider removing the arsonist to make way for this guy.
    Last edited by Bazar; February 14th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

It's like a more powerful version of the disguiser. While not overpowered in itself, it would be VERY hard for the cannibal to be caught. As soon as anyone suspects him/her of being a cannibal, he/she can just disguise him/herself. I think this should be a role that is against EVERYONE, not just the town. The mafia with this role would be VERY overpowered.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Derogatory View Post
    It's like a more powerful version of the disguiser. While not overpowered in itself, it would be VERY hard for the cannibal to be caught. As soon as anyone suspects him/her of being a cannibal, he/she can just disguise him/herself. I think this should be a role that is against EVERYONE, not just the town. The mafia with this role would be VERY overpowered.
    Nerfed him. Now he wins with Neutrals instead of the Mafia. Also, the Cannibal doesn't disguise as people, he eats(cleans) them...

Also added a new another alternative name, the Butcher.
    Last edited by cookies4you; February 19th, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

11. ISO #11

Oh! Sorry, I misread the OP. I thought that the cannibal worked like an on-off disguiser. I think a fun thing to add would be that after the victim is silenced, his character disappears from the group, including the name on the list. There could be an option where it tells the players when someone is kidnapped, as many wouldn't notice in a large game. Another thing that could be added is if a detective/lookout targets the cannibal, they'll find out who the cannibal kidnapped and save that person.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    This role seems interesting. Maybe we should delete the useless survivor to make room for it.
    Survivor isn't useless, in fact, it's a powerful role when you play with sensible players.
    Mafia doesn't want to kill you as 1.) you are powerless and 2.) you can vote with maf
    Town doesn't want to lynch you either as they are busy catching Evil roles. If they waste a lynch on you, there's one less target for maf.

And survivors can decide games every now and then, a couple of days ago I was an amnesiac who became a survivor (I honestly LOVE this role), then it went to 3 maf v 3 town v me. It was funny that both side wanted my vote and they all went like 'Survivor you're the BOSS'.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by skillah View Post
    Survivor isn't useless, in fact, it's a powerful role when you play with sensible players.
    Mafia doesn't want to kill you as 1.) you are powerless and 2.) you can vote with maf
    Town doesn't want to lynch you either as they are busy catching Evil roles. If they waste a lynch on you, there's one less target for maf.

And survivors can decide games every now and then, a couple of days ago I was an amnesiac who became a survivor (I honestly LOVE this role), then it went to 3 maf v 3 town v me. It was funny that both side wanted my vote and they all went like 'Survivor you're the BOSS'.

I saw an Amnesiac become an Amnesiac once...