1. Helz
    2. Mizery
    3. Marshmallow Marshall
    4. scumbot5679
    5. Cape90
    6. powerofdeath
    7. Luka
    8. Frinckles

Ordering to be randomly determined at SoD1, depending on if the Mafia Goons decide if they want to be seated behind (i.e. be able to /detonate to kill) a mafia or town.

Spoiler : full/official setup (don't rely on what the signups said, it was incomplete) :

Hapless Citizen
    Hapless Citizen
    Hapless Citizen
    Hapless Citizen
    Hapless Citizen
    Hapless Citizen

Mafia Goon but Explosive
    Mafia Goon but Explosive

Win conditions are normal.
    Every day there will be an elimination via vote. Eliminations are plurality + majority. RNGjesus takes the wheel if there's a tie.

Days are 48 hours, nights after day 1 will be 24 hours but nothing (except mafia chat) happens during them. No night-kills!!! Treat them as breaks if you would like.
    SoD/EoD is 8pm EDT.

Anyone may publicly post "/detonate" in the thread. This kills the person seated in front of them once the host is aware of it (If you're player 8, then you kill player 1, if you're player 1, you kill player 2, and so on). Prior to Day 1, the Mafia Goons can decide if they are seated behind their mafia partner or behind a Hapless Citizen. Regardless of alignment, if you use "/detonate" you may not use it again for 24 hours after you've last said it (time between the "/detonate" being said and the host being aware of it is not an extra cool-down). If "/detonate" is used at a time where someone else has already used "/detonate" on you, even if the host is not aware of it yet, your "/detonate" will not be processed.

10 posts per day phase is required. If you don't meet this, you may be risking instant replacement. Where I am able, I will try to warn you of this if you appear to not be meeting this.

Last edited by MartinGG99; November 12th, 2023 at 07:14 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM 354: Short Fuse Mafia

Day 1 has begun! The player-list/ordering is as follows:

@Helz
    @Mizery
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @scumbot5679
    @Cape90
    @powerofdeath
    Luka
    @Frinckles

If you "/detonate", you will kill the next living person listed directly below you (Luka would kill Frinkcles, Frinckles would kill Helz, Helz would kill Mizery, ect). I will be checking in every-so-often (depending on how busy I am, I can't make any promises as to how often, sorry) and once I see a person has triggered a /detonate will said killed person be registered as dead. If I am not aware you've been detonated/killed, you are considered alive until I am aware. The time prior to that but after the "/detonate" will count towards reducing the 24 hour cooldown, regardless of my awareness.

5 votes to hammer.

Day 1 ends in 48 hours from now. I'll be sending timestamps to you all in a discord DM very soon, so you can know what time that is in your timezone.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; November 11th, 2023 at 06:09 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    So that means if I detonated I would kill mm not helz?
    Yes. I might as well write it all out currently:

Helz kills Mizery
    Mizery kills Marshmallow Marshall
    Marshmallow Marshall kills scumbot5679
    scumbot5679 kills Cape90
    Cape90 kills powerofdeath
    powerofdeath kills Frinckles (although powerofdeath is on cool-down so any /detonate that is said before 24 hours have passed will not work)
    Frinckles kills Helz (since Frinckles is at bottom of list, it wraps around)
    Last edited by MartinGG99; November 11th, 2023 at 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot cape90 smh
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    why do you think i haven't deto'd u?

I also don't trust Miz enough yet to know how bad faith his push to deto you is
    It's not good faith or bad faith it's policy

I'm noting that you didn't take a side at all tho just noted it and the way you did that I'm not a complete fan of

23. ISO #23

The way you worded that is just so strange to me

Would a wolf come into thread though and just straight up push me for trying to kill someone for doing something that no doubt everyone wants to do?
    Because waffling on that isn't really wolfy it's just strange in the way that you seemed to emphasize that you don't know if you can trust me yet instead of taking a side/forming an opinion

24. ISO #24

It's not good faith or bad faith it's policy

I'm noting that you didn't take a side at all tho just noted it and the way you did that I'm not a complete fan of
    you seem to be thinking like mafia here and I don't like that

why should I take a side there? I know immediately detonating is not great, I mean they literally killed someone who didn't even get a chance to play the game. I don't particularly think their deto is AI and all me detoing will do is just cause a stupid chain to happen and for mafia to win. Which kinda sounds like maybe what u want ;)

By your logic me policy detoing would be stupid because AS YOU SAID

I mean we had to all know someone would instashoot...
    Meaning you KNOW it isn't particularly AI either

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Also do you mean nai
    Oh, I apologize, that means "not alignment indicative" meaning I believe you want to policy someone for reasons that I could see both town and mafia do with no real leaning one way or the other.

Like as for myself, I would rather play to my win condition, which is to kill mafia rather then just killing people for bad plays.

30. ISO #30

So mechanically-

If wolves are behind 2 townies:
    6T 2W
    -1 from POD detonating on Luka
    -1 from Lynch
    4T 2W entering D2
    -2 from double wolf detonation and we loose

We could WIFOM all day about if wolves would want the kill insulation or the extra day kill but this is a bad place to be in. If there is 1 more town killed via Day Vig and a bad lynch its potentially game over when we go into D2 and townies will need to quickly detonate and get one wolf to save the game. I believe if we approach such a situation we should plan for it and have players online the second day starts.

On POD's shot:
    I very much dislike that he killed without allowing the player to interact. If Luka had flipped scum we would have been robbed of any indicators to read into and solve the game. Cape saying its not AI to Day Vig a town and flatly voice intent to Day Vig a second player the moment their cooldown is up is not great. I would expect some form of take one way or the other on such an issue and my mind instantly jumps to the potential of a POD/Cape aligned team that chose to stack behind etch other. POD could kill but not be killed and in such a world wolves need 3 townies dead D1 to win on D2.
    -But- Its an extremely balls out play that exposes the entire team and sets POD up as the obvious lynch if he kills 2 townies so they would literally be depending on swinging the lynch somewhere else so I find it unlikely such a coordinated plan that is so reckless would be used by a team. For that reason I feel like POD and Cape are either not aligned or if they are this was not a coordinated plan. At minimum it places Frinckles in a self preservation situation where against POD where he either lobbies Cape to kill POD or pushes the town to vote POD off prior to the ending cooldown. None of these are good things for a wolf POD.

So TLDR-
    Cape/POD less likely to be aligned or this action was almost certainly not a planned team strategy. Its too reckless imo
    Him intending to kill a second time is mechanically good for wolves that are stacked in the lobby order.

@powerofdeath
    Why did you kill instantly instead of waiting to get some stuff out of Luka to read him post flip?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

31. ISO #31

@Cape90
    Unless the situation changes the way I see it you have a trolley problem. The train is going to run over Frinckles when POD's cooldown expires. Will you let it happen or pull a lever diverting the train to run over POD instead? Either way someone dies but you get to decide which of the two unless scumbot stops you.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

32. ISO #32

Oh, I apologize, that means "not alignment indicative" meaning I believe you want to policy someone for reasons that I could see both town and mafia do with no real leaning one way or the other.

Like as for myself, I would rather play to my win condition, which is to kill mafia rather then just killing people for bad plays.
    I am curious. What town motivation do you see for jumping into a game and blindly killing in a 5T/2W pool? You are referring to it as a 'bad play' for town.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    /detonate
    ... excuse me? They lived a grand total of ZERO MINUTES.

Last time this happened in a similar setup, it was done by mafia (cf. Ceko dayshooting Lumi at start of D1, although it was pretty much trolling). I defended Ceko, thinking scum probably wouldn't do that. I was wrong. Defend yourself
    -vote powerofdeath
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

35. ISO #35

it really is tempting to just insta shoot that
    Unfamiliar with everyone except POD, this should be fun . Seen Frinckles in champs
    would i make myself such a big target as mafia hmm?
    big wifom incoming:

idc what you do with me
    Afaik you weren't like this at all in your previous games as town, and you also aren't a troll, so what exactly is your point? Why should we not just kill you, since you're basically openwolfing atm? It's almost too easy to be real - but it has happened in the past, so I'm more inclined to actually get rid of you lol.
    why do you think i haven't deto'd u?

I also don't trust Miz enough yet to know how bad faith his push to deto you is
    The fact Cape didn't just insta blow up POD indicates that either Cape is town or he's scum with PoD and decided to sit behind him (which would be ridiculous if the plan is to blow someone up in the first minute of the game lol). A scum!Cape vs town!PoD instantly detonates with pretty much no consequences here and has his cooldown start refreshing immediatly, which is the scum play there.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    @Cape90
    Unless the situation changes the way I see it you have a trolley problem. The train is going to run over Frinckles when POD's cooldown expires. Will you let it happen or pull a lever diverting the train to run over POD instead? Either way someone dies but you get to decide which of the two unless scumbot stops you.
    trolley problem conductor.png

I think it's more like he has to figure out whether or not PoD is scum, much like all of us. Let's not forget lynch exists: we could actually just lynch POD, too, and POD could... decide not to blow Frinckles up when he hasn't said anything yet, so this looks very much like a false dichotomy.

37. ISO #37

you seem to be thinking like mafia here and I don't like that

why should I take a side there? I know immediately detonating is not great, I mean they literally killed someone who didn't even get a chance to play the game. I don't particularly think their deto is AI and all me detoing will do is just cause a stupid chain to happen and for mafia to win. Which kinda sounds like maybe what u want ;)

By your logic me policy detoing would be stupid because AS YOU SAID

Meaning you KNOW it isn't particularly AI either
    It's not entirely NAI (it means Not Alignment Indicative, mizery), though. It depends on what he does next... and what he did next isn't particularly great, hence I'm voting there. I don't think blowing him up immediatly is a good idea, considering we want as much time as possible without people dying left and right, but I do think he is scummy for not even following up with anything. Like, he generated reactions - he could have said it was what he wanted, but he didn't say anything about those reactions, meaning it wasn't his goal (else he'd have exploited the info he generated). And while I like you not insta-blowing him up, I'd still like you to address that point, since you could still be scum with him.

38. ISO #38

Aaaaaand nobody's here

39. ISO #39

So mechanically-

6T 2W
    -1 from Lynch
    4T 2W entering D2

We could WIFOM all day about if wolves would want the kill insulation or the extra day kill but this is a bad place to be in. If there is 1 more town killed via Day Vig and a bad lynch its potentially game over when we go into D2 and townies will need to quickly detonate and get one wolf to save the game. I believe if we approach such a situation we should plan for it and have players online the second day starts.

On POD's shot:
    I very much dislike that he killed without allowing the player to interact. If Luka had flipped scum we would have been robbed of any indicators to read into and solve the game. Cape saying its not AI to Day Vig a town and flatly voice intent to Day Vig a second player the moment their cooldown is up is not great. I would expect some form of take one way or the other on such an issue and my mind instantly jumps to the potential of a POD/Cape aligned team that chose to stack behind etch other. POD could kill but not be killed and in such a world wolves need 3 townies dead D1 to win on D2.
    -But- Its an extremely balls out play that exposes the entire team and sets POD up as the obvious lynch if he kills 2 townies so they would literally be depending on swinging the lynch somewhere else so I find it unlikely such a coordinated plan that is so reckless would be used by a team. For that reason I feel like POD and Cape are either not aligned or if they are this was not a coordinated plan. At minimum it places Frinckles in a self preservation situation where against POD where he either lobbies Cape to kill POD or pushes the town to vote POD off prior to the ending cooldown. None of these are good things for a wolf POD.

So TLDR-
    Cape/POD less likely to be aligned or this action was almost certainly not a planned team strategy. Its too reckless imo
    Him intending to kill a second time is mechanically good for wolves that are stacked in the lobby order.

@powerofdeath
    Why did you kill instantly instead of waiting to get some stuff out of Luka to read him post flip?
    I’ve been planning to do it instantly for over a month

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

I’ve been planning to do it instantly for over a month
    Also I originally thought both detonater and target die together
    That doesn't actually explain anything, though... like, why do you do any of this as town?

The problem is, there's also the question "why do you do any of this as scum?", but your lack of follow-up on the reactions makes me think you're just happy with the chaos you caused without trying to gain any information. If you're town, though, you absolutely should be addressing reactions and drawing conclusions right now.

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    It's not entirely NAI (it means Not Alignment Indicative, mizery), though. It depends on what he does next... and what he did next isn't particularly great, hence I'm voting there. I don't think blowing him up immediatly is a good idea, considering we want as much time as possible without people dying left and right, but I do think he is scummy for not even following up with anything. Like, he generated reactions - he could have said it was what he wanted, but he didn't say anything about those reactions, meaning it wasn't his goal (else he'd have exploited the info he generated). And while I like you not insta-blowing him up, I'd still like you to address that point, since you could still be scum with him.
    I know what it means

I thought he said it was AI because I can't read

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

So mechanically-

6T 2W
    -1 from Lynch
    4T 2W entering D2

On POD's shot:

So TLDR-

@powerofdeath
    I don't know if I really agree with this. A scum POD has plenty of scum motivation to come in and rando detonate then play the WIFOM card. I think Cape is a bit scummy for not instantly wanting POD dead..to me that would make sense as partners. I also think Cape is lying about how familiar he is with the player list. Maybe you say "well that's not a big lie." and maybe not but he's still lying.

47. ISO #47

rip
    Yea
    i'll be killing frinckles in 24 hours unless cape kill me first
    would i make myself such a big target as mafia hmm?
    This isn't the reaction of someone who isn't familiar with how the detonate mechanic would work

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ... excuse me? They lived a grand total of ZERO MINUTES.

Last time this happened in a similar setup, it was done by mafia (cf. Ceko dayshooting Lumi at start of D1, although it was pretty much trolling). I defended Ceko, thinking scum probably wouldn't do that. I was wrong. Defend yourself
    -vote powerofdeath
    That was kind of a different situation though where you could 1) Shoot whoever you wanted to not just who was infront of you in the list, and 2) Ceko shooting lumi wasn't a "lol I'm going to detonate right away" but theoretically more targeted to "I'm gonna kill lumi right away" and was NAI imo.
    Not only that but you only had one shot in that game and here you can shoot twice in a day if you shoot before the 24 hr mark. I would honestly say that that makes shooting immediately more wolfy since if you are a villager and want to maximize your shots then you can shoot before the 24 hr mark and still have time to make another shot if you're not shot yourself.

But I'm not going to theorize any more on that until POD responds because imo there's like 2 acceptable answers he could say

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    Someone argue with me about something. I need 7 more posts but I don't really have any other game-related posting to do. I just think its a POD/Cape team and I don't really see myself budging from that position.
    If you don't see yourself budging then why not detonate?