S-FM 299: Insanity 2: the Second One, Gamethread - Page 13
Register

User Tag List

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #601

Re: S-FM 299: Insanity 2: the Second One, Gamethread

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Frinckles is playing his scum meta to a T by not pushing people, trying to coast by, and by offering weak suggestions to other players. Plus, he’s reallt careful this game.
    Yes But He Hasnt Begged To Be Thunder Domed Yet.. So Thats A Little Off Of His Scum Meta From My Perspective Granted Metas Can Change And Its Been Some Time Since Ive Played Forums With Any Regularity.

2. ISO #602

3. ISO #603

4. ISO #604

5. ISO #605

6. ISO #606

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    What is the Jester King? If we lynch him do we win or lose
    Lynch the Jester king we just get terrible night feedback. We still play, just Jester King isnt alive to convert people to Jesters.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

7. ISO #607

What is the Jester King? If we lynch him do we win or lose

Spoiler : Jester King From Set Up :
    Jester King
    -Unique Role-
    At night you may target someone to jesterfy them. Turning them into a Jester.
    If you attempt to target yourself, a random player will receive feedback that someone visited them.
    You may only turn 2 people into a jester.
    You cannot convert other sinister.
    You are informed of successful conversion of a player.
    Upon being lynched, all Insane may receive randomized feedback, instead of their normal feedback.
    25% chance of receiving 2 separate pieces of random feedback, instead of any feedback they might receive.
    25% chance of receiving feedback from their true role instead their assumed role.
    25% chance of having feedback swapped with another player, if no other player has their feedback swap then default to another.
    25% chance of receiving normal feedback.

8. ISO #608

9. ISO #609

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Spoiler : Jester King From Set Up :
    Jester King
    -Unique Role-
    At night you may target someone to jesterfy them. Turning them into a Jester.
    If you attempt to target yourself, a random player will receive feedback that someone visited them.
    You may only turn 2 people into a jester.
    You cannot convert other sinister.
    You are informed of successful conversion of a player.
    Upon being lynched, all Insane may receive randomized feedback, instead of their normal feedback.
    25% chance of receiving 2 separate pieces of random feedback, instead of any feedback they might receive.
    25% chance of receiving feedback from their true role instead their assumed role.
    25% chance of having feedback swapped with another player, if no other player has their feedback swap then default to another.
    25% chance of receiving normal feedback.
    The terrible feedback would still outweigh the ousting of a neut + non recruitment of jesters IMO. But again I don't think a jester king is present, even with Sen's picture.

10. ISO #610

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    The terrible feedback would still outweigh the ousting of a neut + non recruitment of jesters IMO. But again I don't think a jester king is present, even with Sen's picture.
    The Issue Is You Never Really Know And You Can Only Go Off Of What PPL Have Posted..

11. ISO #611

12. ISO #612
    Ganelon

How's it scummy
    He’s not commuting to a read

13. ISO #613

14. ISO #614

15. ISO #615

16. ISO #616

17. ISO #617

Frinckles is playing his scum meta to a T by not pushing people, trying to coast by, and by offering weak suggestions to other players. Plus, he’s reallt careful this game.
    Frinckles is playing his scum meta to a T by not pushing people, trying to coast by, and by offering weak suggestions to other players.
    Frinckles is playing his scum meta to a T by not pushing people, trying to coast by
    Frinckles is playing his scum meta to a T
    huh?
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

18. ISO #618

He devoices his obstruents and goes full-blown New Zealander as scum, with some vague Texan undertones to remind you who he really is.
    What a profound misrepresentation of my scum meta from person who understands it so well.

My vote is a good place.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

19. ISO #619

Wrt to the merits of a no-lynch
    we have literally
    no info. Lynching is 50/50. The person you may lynch may not be scum, or town. However, as indicated by the game Gyrlander linked, it is highly likely that if you receive a Town rolecard, you are Town. It’s not so clear cut if you’re scum. Hence it makes absolutely no sense to lynch someone today and we should not lynch. That is not to say we should skip however.

on the flip side: I have no idea why MM thinks light is scum. At worst what he has done is NAi. Lights lay makes a lot of sense if you take into account his last game. He actually said he needs to learn to communicate better, and believe it or not, I actually value his reads bc I think he’s capable of reading people fairly well, in spite of what I said about him last game, for that I apologize.

i agree with Varcron that Light can be a valuable asset to town as long as he doesn’t out his role every game at the start of d1.

aecondly, very obviously we cannot use host meta this game. This means that we cannot assume that the world we live in is a reasonable one. So we have to prepare for the worst. Obviously deathworlds would never put 6 serial killers in the setup as that’s insane and absurd, but anything between that and 1 extra scum
    is reasonable.

thwrefore, I also think the statiscal argument has some merit to it. However I think Sen is a tryhard town who doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’s probably gonna try to lynch me for this lost. Rn im
    ina cunty mood and don’t feel like being an appeaser.
    as it seems to me:
    we should watch out for frinkles, even though rn I think he’s tiwn
    we should no lynch. Lynching only gives info to the cult... lastly we should watch very closely for every hint of a rolecpaim. What does everyone think of a mass claim d1? The only one who really needs to be afraid of a massclaoming is he director, and he can just lie and claim to be a citizen. We can figure this out mechanically. If y’all agree to that I’ll start.
    btw I don’t trust Varcron :P I’m pretty sure he was trying to pocket me.
    lastly, SJ has never explained why he voted me; would appreciate it if he did.
    I'm not surprised you don't trust me

Pocketing you wasn't even on my mind sadly

20. ISO #620

21. ISO #621

22. ISO #622

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Perhaps this is why meta is so shitty. Because if you use it the wrong way, you trip over your own feet.
    Most of the people I see play the exact same way every game. Agreed that meta arguments suck

I move that we throw all meta arguments out

23. ISO #623

24. ISO #624

25. ISO #625

26. ISO #626

Most of the people I see play the exact same way every game. Agreed that meta arguments suck

We should, but we should keep our known meta of players in the back of our heads to double check later down the road.

27. ISO #627

28. ISO #628
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    What a profound misrepresentation of my scum meta from person who understands it so well.

My vote is a good place.
    Bruh that’s a shitpost

29. ISO #629

30. ISO #630

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    How have you managed to workout the setup? How have you figured out what roles are in and what roles are out?
    I'm saying that I do not think Jester King is likely. I have said this several times above if you read my posts, even Yigama responded to them. If there was a jester king (that knew his role and wasn't a lunatic) I see no reason why they wouldn't have revealed when you beckoned to get their win.

Granted, there could still be one that is hidden and even they don't know. I'm not talking about that.

I have not said anything else about what roles I do and do not believe are in the setup. Others discussed the possibility of cult but not me.

So I am not sure where you are getting that I have determined anything about the setup outside of Jester King not being likely -that's a mighty small banana peel for such a large slip for an esteemed vet, no?

31. ISO #631
    Ganelon

No. I disagree.
    As someone who used to bash meta quite often, meta arguments are incredibly useful if you know the person. It’s how I scumread MM. it’s shallow meta that’s bad.

32. ISO #632

33. ISO #633

34. ISO #634

35. ISO #635

I'm saying that I do not think Jester King is likely. I have said this several times above if you read my posts, even Yigama responded to them. If there was a jester king (that knew his role and wasn't a lunatic) I see no reason why they wouldn't have revealed when you beckoned to get their win.

Granted, there could still be one that is hidden and even they don't know. I'm not talking about that.

I have not said anything else about what roles I do and do not believe are in the setup. Others discussed the possibility of cult but not me.

So I am not sure where you are getting that I have determined anything about the setup outside of Jester King not being likely -that's a mighty small banana peel for such a large slip for an esteemed vet, no?
    Quite simple, an Intelligent Jester King would question their role card, wouldn't it be worth converting some roles or getting their rolecard confirmed before they go get themselves lynched? This has been pointed out by Gyrlander.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

36. ISO #636

37. ISO #637

38. ISO #638

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Quite simple, an Intelligent Jester King would question their role card, wouldn't it be worth converting some roles or getting their rolecard confirmed before they go get themselves lynched? This has been pointed out by Gyrlander.
    So if that is your reasoning for antagonizing me for believing there isn't a jester king, then why did you ask for one to claim in the first place? You do recall that you polled the crowd for jester king claims, right?

Hmmm

39. ISO #639
    Ganelon

I’m killing someone tonight

40. ISO #640

41. ISO #641
    Ganelon

So if that is your reasoning for antagonizing me for believing there isn't a jester king, then why did you ask for one to claim in the first place? You do recall that you polled the crowd for jester king claims, right?

Hmmm
    I think he’s saying jk wouldn’t reveal bc what if he isn’t a jester king (and doesn’t want to get lynched)
    besides, who wants to reveal and get lynched d1? That’s like the lamest win ever

42. ISO #642

43. ISO #643

I think he’s saying jk wouldn’t reveal bc what if he isn’t a jester king (and doesn’t want to get lynched)
    besides, who wants to reveal and get lynched d1? That’s like the lamest win ever
    Yes I understand that is what he is saying, so why was he asking for Jester King to reveal in the first place then?

44. ISO #644

45. ISO #645
    Ganelon

Meta arguments are shit
    Depends on the meta. I used meta to scumread MM last game.

46. ISO #646
    Ganelon

Yes I understand that is what he is saying, so why was he asking for Jester King to reveal in the first place then?
    That I cannot answer

47. ISO #647

I think he's saying jk wouldn’t reveal bc what if he isn’t a jester king (and doesn’t want to get lynched)

48. ISO #648

49. ISO #649

50. ISO #650

Hmmm
    You are assuming everyone is intelligent.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016