What is your 1 favorite YouTube channel?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: What is your 1 favorite YouTube channel?

Bedtime Stories
    its a p fucking great channel. They narrate various urban legends and bizarre disasters that have a supernatural tinge to them.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Bedtime Stories
    its a p fucking great channel. They narrate various urban legends and bizarre disasters that have a supernatural tinge to them.
    Interesting.
    For a very short time I was into creepypasta's myself. But not even long enough to know if it's one and the same thing. I think they are.

I noticed there was this huge boom on YouTube with YT channels that tell creepypasta stories emerging some years ago.

For me personally, back then I found it to be more important how good of a reader the channel has than the actual stories it is reading.

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

Indeed, the narrator is very important. In that channels case the narrator is a guy from the midlands or from the north of England, not sure, with a great voice and a pretty nice way of narrating things, I think he’s actually a professional. But I also like creepypasta, but in some cases the stories he narrates are actually based on real events. Which is pretty interesting

5. ISO #5

philosophytube

The politics may not be your cup of tea, but I got some great book recommendations thru him and his videos are entertaining asf. His interview with Riley Reyes taught me so much about sex work.

I love 3b1b, but that's a math channel lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    philosophytube

The politics may not be your cup of tea, but I got some great book recommendations thru him and his videos are entertaining asf. His interview with Riley Reyes taught me so much about sex work.

I love 3b1b, but that's a math channel lol.
    That math channel has over 2m subscribers lol.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    That math channel has over 2m subscribers lol.
    He's got a really good explanation of the mechanics of bitcoin. And it's fairly accessible, iirc.

p;edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

8. ISO #8

Interesting, I might check that channel mag

also politics not maths though lol

Mine is Dr. Ludwig (and the channels he makes to escape Youtube's overcensorship). Which is... about German music. Yes, I'm such a traitor lol, but the music is really great and helps learning the language. As for why he's my favorite, well, he makes good and accurate translations, has interesting choices most of the time, seems pretty nice, and fights the unfair policy from Youtube and the dumb people who think the 2nd Reich is about Nazis and just want to erase all German history. Note that it really has nothing to do with nazism... and as another disclaimer :

- From a Frenchman deeply opposed to nazism and related ideologies
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

9. ISO #9

Smarter Every Day or JCS Criminal Psychology

I have a long list of nitch stuff I am into but those two might be my favorites at the moment because youtube decided anything that includes a gun shall not exist..
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Interesting, I might check that channel mag

also politics not maths though lol

Mine is Dr. Ludwig (and the channels he makes to escape Youtube's overcensorship). Which is... about German music. Yes, I'm such a traitor lol, but the music is really great and helps learning the language. As for why he's my favorite, well, he makes good and accurate translations, has interesting choices most of the time, seems pretty nice, and fights the unfair policy from Youtube and the dumb people who think the 2nd Reich is about Nazis and just want to erase all German history. Note that it really has nothing to do with nazism... and as another disclaimer :

- From a Frenchman deeply opposed to nazism and related ideologies
    https://youtu.be/UyKN2Rs5Epc

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Smarter Every Day or JCS Criminal Psychology

I have a long list of nitch stuff I am into but those two might be my favorites at the moment because youtube decided anything that includes a gun shall not exist..
    The most I ever watched regarding science/engineering is myth busters

That criminal psychology seems interesting though.
    I wanted to say "idk how you can watch all those videos, they are all 30-70min long" , but it's only ~11 videos. I know I will watch those at some point.

12. ISO #12

@Helz
    I watched the first video of JCS Criminal Psychology.

Am I correct in thinking that being the investigator there is nothing like being a townie in FM, but being the murderer is similar to being a Mafia in FM who is under pressure? Obviously a great deal of magnitude more stressful.

Sad though that being a townie is nothing like being that investigator/interrogator. Being a townie is like being an investigator in a room full of other investigators trying to figure out which ones are real and which ones are fake among them.

@Marshmallow Marshall you would make for a lousy IRL murderer because you can't fake emotions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 6th, 2020 at 07:31 AM.

13. ISO #13

@Helz

Am I correct in thinking that being the investigator there is nothing like being a townie in FM, but being the murderer is similar to being a Mafia in FM who is under pressure? Obviously a great deal of magnitude more stressful.

Sad though that being a townie is nothing like being that investigator/interrogator. Being a townie is like being an investigator in a room full of other investigators trying to figure out which ones are real and which ones are fake among them.

@Marshmallow Marshall you would make for a lousy IRL murderer because you can't fake emotions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, yes, a room full of investigators lol. That can correspond to some situations IRL (even though I can't think of examples right now, I remember I thought about that and found some earlier), where noone trusts anybody because there is a group with hidden interests. That's the point of the game (as far as I know).

And yes, I would be an horrible criminal lol.

~~

What is that link you posted lol
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

14. ISO #14

@Helz

Kinda.
    Before I swear the guy had like 90 videos and now there is like 12.. Most of his videos were explaining the interrogation as it went on with reasoning to what the interrogator was leveraging as well as the mindset of the one being interrogated. I learned a lot from the dynamics between the two party's as well as the tricks used by the interrogator that I applied to Mafia. A good example would be offering a change of subject and seeing if scum will go for the evasion or offering a lesser offence as a way to justify an action when I am confident the players motivation was worse.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

15. ISO #15

What is that link you posted lol
    You were talking about German music and that's what came to mind. Idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find that song to be funny af tbh.
    Some funny lines include(for me):

Volk will kämpfen, denn Volk ist stark
    Volk demonstriert, doch nur bis Acht

Volk ist zornig, Volk will Rache
    Vermisstes Kind, die große Sache

Volk ist schlau, Volk hat ne Zeitung
    Volk hat Bild, Volk hat ne Meinung
    Volk ist dick, Volk ist träge
    Volk ist fett, Volk braucht Schläge

Volk hat Zukunft, shoppen gehen

Volk ist dumm, Kopf ist faul
    Volk ist schon braun, Volk auf's Maul (this one cracks me up every time xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Kinda.
    Before I swear the guy had like 90 videos and now there is like 12..
    All his videos are in his patron page I think. 1$ to access it.

16. ISO #16

People are already... brown?
    I meant folk music or military marches, tbh, but your song's lyrics are interestingly strange lol.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

That's a horrendous translation

schön not schon though, that's my bad.
    Idk if English has a direct translation of volk tbh. Probably folk?
    People. Hört ihr, wie das Volk erklingt?
    Edit : Damn, that's probably the best Javert I've heard... and it's in German lol. Thanks autoplay! Stern (Stars, apparently)

Also, people are BEAUTIFULLY BROWN? That at least makes artistic sense. I think it's correct, and it's pretty nice tbh. People "brown", colorless; it fits with the rest ^^

Or maybe my translations and thoughts are horrendous content worthy, but meh. @NoctiZ Thee who art German, help us!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; January 7th, 2020 at 03:35 AM.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

I assumed it's racist... they're brown so hit them in the face...
    Regardless though. It's said in a funny way and that's what I found funny

Also, stern = star, not stars.
    but not everyone is black (or "brown")! If you're right, it's bad though lol.

And oof. I think I'll stop cluttering the thread and go to sleep, it's not even early anymore lol.

21. ISO #21

but not everyone is black (or "brown")! If you're right, it's bad though lol.

And oof. I think I'll stop cluttering the thread and go to sleep, it's not even early anymore lol.
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    WE WERE BOTH COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG

I asked my brother, who lives in Germany, what does the braun/brown stand for.

This is what he answered:
    Are you both for fucking real?

Braun == Nazis

Because brown shirts of the sturmtruppen der SS

In the clip the guy getting hit in the face was a skinhead
    Tbh, idk what half that stuff means that he said, but sounds pretty neat tbh.

22. ISO #22

"Volk ist schön braun" means "People are pretty brown" and it is as Ozy's brother said: Brown is the colour of the uniform and thus the song accuses the people of being Nazis in that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

23. ISO #23

penguinz0
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

24. ISO #24

Oh well. Thanks Noctiz and to your brother, Ozy... and eww, less good than what I thought. I guess I gave the sentence a good meaning it didn't have