Ganelon

Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

ah great. lovely
    aight lemme check the setup for realz now

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I don't really see anything in the setup about a day chat so it seems like an odd conclusion to make... unless you happen to be in a day chat right now?
    I see so you interpreted it as "no pre-game chat" = there must be a D1 chat? Why?
    I don't know why either. I just pressumed "no n0 chat" means "d1 chat".

Are you shading me or are you actually curious if I'm in a Mafia chat? You read my opening post, so you know (or at least, should suspect) that I thought mafia have a D1 chat before the game started.

If I thought mafia have D1 chat before even the game started, why does that make me mafia?

I sincerely feel like you are shading me right now.

7. ISO #157
    Ganelon

tbh if anything ozy not knowing if the mafia had a day chat or not wouldn't make him scum at all in this context

8. ISO #158

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    well, no, the problem is when you claim to be MY scummate.
    I consider that scummy.
    Also, I'm weary of you, are you trying to buddy me? it feels like it so much :P
    What would I have to gain if I were scum from calling you my scum mate during shit posting?

You should be weary of me tbh, I'm comfortable with my ability to read you so yeah I guess you could say I'm buddying you right now
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

9. ISO #159
    Ganelon

or rather, ozy assuming they would have a day chat/n0 chat WOULD be towny or at least it would make him not-mafia

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    What would I have to gain if I were scum from calling you my scum mate during shit posting?

You should be weary of me tbh, I'm comfortable with my ability to read you so yeah I guess you could say I'm buddying you right now
    This makes you sound like you feel threatened, why?

11. ISO #161

Spoiler : Ozy's huge thing :
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post

Hey, guys!
    I was hoping that, with your help, we could try a little experiment this game?
    Everyone whenever they read a statement or a question or anything of interest - quote it and simply write "+1" or "-1". That shouldn't be much to ask tbh.

• It is easier to write off a voice as coming from a mafia, unreasonable town, or crazy person than it is to write off two, three, or four voices all saying the same thing. Then we know where to look at.
    • Collective problem solving and communication in a highly paranoid environment is more effective because whenever 2 players are arguing - they are likely to have skewed versions of the conflict if they do not have the voices around them offering perspectives. Town can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. Mafia can be expected to ask more questions of town than they will ask of mafia. The numbers of the game set up make this a fact.
    • Town often have every reason to moderate their position by hearing the opinions of other townies, as opposed to mafia who may be looking to simplify their day by letting one simple encounter define how they vote or how they contribute for the day. Meaning that as the game progresses, the mafia will simply have fewer and fewer corners to hide in, while town will be consistently encouraged to not get tunneled.

I know a lot of people are often in the mindset of observing and solving the game on their own. Some even go as far as not making posts on their own while they judge everyone elses content. That's not team work, and no town could ever win if everyone would do that.

What I'm asking in this little experiment is not much. Just a little voice from everyone in everything. Play your regular games, except add those little "+" and "-". Seeing where is agreement and where is disagreement can only be good for the town.

I'm one of the green guys this game. But I had a Day1 plan for either alignment. For one thing - as a red guy I wouldn't had asked for this little experiment.

But I want to tell you guys what I would had done if I were a red:
    I would had made a general "pro town behavior" list and asked my fellow red's to do those things for the first 24 hours. Then, at the 24 hour mark, I would had posted these 2 tables and thereby gotten all mafia to be in the town core and powerwolf our way to victory. The first table is Pro-Town behavior, the 2nd table is Anti-Town behavior. I publish those now in the hopes that they will encourage players to act in a town favored manner:

Being active Asking probing questions Providing a conclusion Putting in effort into the game SCUM HUNTING Making new points Observing reactions
    MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami
    Posting WAY too much Posting too little Extreme WIFOM Low effort posting Too careful/self aware IIoA (information instead of analysis) Sheeping too much
    MM YES
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami

@Marshmallow Marshall
    its just a joke bro
    @aamirus
    so much for being a reserve, ehh?
    @Caustic
    I don't recognize your name

Siiilent night....
    Hoooolly shit..........

What are you doing, Ozy?! Lol.

This was very very probably a post created before start of day, and is somewhat NAI, I guess. The only actually telling part is that he puts the spotlight on him very very hard early on, so he gets 0.00000001 town points, I guess.

As for its content itself, I disagree that we should spam the thread with + 1 and - 1's. That's just saying "I like this." or "I do not like this.", which gives pretty much no info, and gives wiggle room to scum, since they can just say "I didn't like that guy, so I can't be scum with him!" or similar things. I'm not going to do it; however, I'll voice my opinion on the game's topics, just like I always do.

In case the question wasn't answered yet, the setup is plurality + majority (if no majority happens, plurality will happen at EoD).

And very funny....

Btw, why can Nass (or Voz, up to you) claim to not have read their rolecard on post 101, but that every time I say it (and it's always true), I get a thousand people jumping on me and get lynched D1?
    -vote Chip Skylark
    UNFAIR!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

12. ISO #162
    Ganelon

eh nothing just something I saw that I didn't like.

13. ISO #163

I will just give a red check for trying to confuse everyone with that constant nonsense talk
    Posting WAY too much Posting too little Extreme WIFOM Low effort posting Too careful/self aware IIoA (information instead of analysis) Sheeping too much
    MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink YES
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami

14. ISO #164

I don't know why either. I just pressumed "no n0 chat" means "d1 chat".

Are you shading me or are you actually curious if I'm in a Mafia chat? You read my opening post, so you know (or at least, should suspect) that I thought mafia have a D1 chat before the game started.

If I thought mafia have D1 chat before even the game started, why does that make me mafia?

I sincerely feel like you are shading me right now.
    You assumed there was a D1 chat which is a really weird thing to assume IMO (rarely do the mafia have day chats). I dunno, I find that extremely odd. You also disappeared until after Frinckles said there was no day chat and then reappeared to say "hey look I thought there was a day chat, I must be town". I do think it looks like you planned that......
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

15. ISO #165

I don't like this, it feels like manipulation all over the place, and town shouldn't be manipulating this early. But Blink is Blink, and I am MM, so....
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

Siiilent night....
    Hoooolly shit..........

This was very very probably a post created before start of day, and is somewhat NAI, I guess. The only actually telling part is that he puts the spotlight on him very very hard early on, so he gets 0.00000001 town points, I guess.

As for its content itself, I disagree that we should spam the thread with + 1 and - 1's. That's just saying "I like this." or "I do not like this.", which gives pretty much no info, and gives wiggle room to scum, since they can just say "I didn't like that guy, so I can't be scum with him!" or similar things. I'm not going to do it; however, I'll voice my opinion on the game's topics, just like I always do.

In case the question wasn't answered yet, the setup is plurality + majority (if no majority happens, plurality will happen at EoD).

And very funny....

Btw, why can Nass (or Voz, up to you) claim to not have read their rolecard on post 101, but that every time I say it (and it's always true), I get a thousand people jumping on me and get lynched D1?
    -vote Chip Skylark
    UNFAIR!
    I disagree that post was not towny at all, it's post that, from a scum perspective, would be done to project towniness.

19. ISO #169

I will just give a red check for trying to confuse everyone with that constant nonsense talk
    MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink YES
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami
    I'm not particularly sure why you're doing this table.... You can actively try and scew with town this way if you are a scummy.

20. ISO #170

Siiilent night....
    Hoooolly shit..........

And very funny....

-vote Chip Skylark
    UNFAIR!
    You're the first person to take that opening post serious. No kidding.
    I'm actually considering if it's scummy or not.

21. ISO #171
    Ganelon

???
    efe in disguise

22. ISO #172

MM
    Huey
    Solid
    Varcron
    Caustic
    OzyWho
    SB16
    Korvoth
    Naz/Voss
    Blink YES
    Efe
    Mag
    Aamirus
    Yagami
    I like this table idea, btw. That's something nice. I also like that our thoughts align on Blink's post. I think that I'm going to do this for now:

-Jump in Ozy's pocket

23. ISO #173

That opening post from him is definitely pre made, except I wouldn't go to the extent of "Oh my god, he's scum!" that's jumping to conclusions a wee bit too quick.

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175
    Ganelon

also statistically speaking:
    -stealth is a 3p
    -mm is mafia
    LYNCH MM
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall

26. ISO #176

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I'm not particularly sure why you're doing this table.... You can actively try and scew with town this way if you are a scummy.
    How can I screw with town?
    If I "mark" someone wrongly - Everyone will put my arse on fire.
    Weither a mark means good or bad - everyone can make up their own mind.

Can you elaborate how can such a table screw with town? What's you idea?

27. ISO #177
    Ganelon

Hmm I keep seeing people saying this but I don't buy it one bit, that's not something a scum ozy would do

28. ISO #178

Not sure why you'd think that I feel threatened an hour into the game tbh
    I don't think you feel threatened, except your tone in your previous post makes you sound it

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater

This doesn't sit well with me at all, I don't know why, it is just wacky.

29. ISO #179

And he can actually help town a lot if he's not. I see your point, though, but for now I choose to trust him
    Uhm, what? I think that your kind of opening is the most viable alternative to RVS, and even though it's rare to see it, I believe it can work.

30. ISO #180
    Ganelon

um I don't think that such a table would help anyone but ok

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

How can I screw with town?
    If I "mark" someone wrongly - Everyone will put my arse on fire.
    Weither a mark means good or bad - everyone can make up their own mind.

Can you elaborate how can such a table screw with town? What's you idea?
    If you mark someone wrongly, people could potentially be persuaded to agree with you depending on who it is.

33. ISO #183

And he can actually help town a lot if he's not. I see your point, though, but for now I choose to trust him

Uhm, what? I think that your kind of opening is the most viable alternative to RVS, and even though it's rare to see it, I believe it can work.
    you have ozy as lock town from him having similar thoughts about 1 player?

34. ISO #184
    Ganelon

I'm voting confirmed scum, I'm the town godfather, I know all the mafia in the game
    sheep me

35. ISO #185

You assumed there was a D1 chat which is a really weird thing to assume IMO (rarely do the mafia have day chats). I dunno, I find that extremely odd. You also disappeared until after Frinckles said there was no day chat and then reappeared to say "hey look I thought there was a day chat, I must be town". I do think it looks like you planned that......
    Ozy are you ignoring this now?

36. ISO #186

You also disappeared until after Frinckles said there was no day chat and then reappeared to say "hey look I thought there was a day chat, I must be town". I do think it looks like you planned that......
    Sorry for being slow I guess?

Anyway, do you townlean or scumlean me now?

I don't like this, it feels like manipulation all over the place, and town shouldn't be manipulating this early. But Blink is Blink, and I am MM, so....
    Put your vote where you mouth is.

I disagree that post was not towny at all, it's post that, from a scum perspective, would be done to project towniness.
    I agree, that intent would be very wolfie.

However, just ~10-30 minutes ago you liked the intent of my opening post. Now you say the opposite.
    What changed?

37. ISO #187

I always play like I'm 1 night away from death, because when I get town I'm always killed n1, take it or leave it this is what you're getting lol

38. ISO #188

also statistically speaking:
    -stealth is a 3p
    -mm is mafia
    LYNCH MM
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    And you're mason assassin
    Hmm I keep seeing people saying this but I don't buy it one bit, that's not something a scum ozy would do
    Are you sure you can invoke meta here? Because I don't think you can :P he never pulled that kind of play as either alignment, and we haven't really played with him much recently. Plus, he said he was changing his playstyle and "playing nice" (which is good, btw! <3). I think that's a meta stretch here. And as you can see, my last games are making me rely less on meta... I got tricked on that French site too lol

39. ISO #189
    Ganelon

However, just ~10-30 minutes ago you liked the intent of my opening post. Now you say the opposite.
    What changed?
    I like the intent, just that I don't think the table is actually helpful lol

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

What changed?
    It's interesting that you respond to most posts as they come but hold off on replying to anything aggressive towards you

43. ISO #193
    Ganelon

And you're mason assassin

Are you sure you can invoke meta here? Because I don't think you can :P he never pulled that kind of play as either alignment, and we haven't really played with him much recently. Plus, he said he was changing his playstyle and "playing nice" (which is good, btw! <3). I think that's a meta stretch here. And as you can see, my last games are making me rely less on meta... I got tricked on that French site too lol
    I'm not talking meta here. I should've been clearer, I don't think scum would do that in general. It's just very very contrived, you can't magically manipulate people into believing your BS by marking down players in some table, nobody does that, because tables are not at all descriptive, they're just labels. extreme wifom doesn't actually mean anything for instance. its only important when put together (its the details that count).

44. ISO #194

I don't think you feel threatened, except your tone in your previous post makes you sound it

This doesn't sit well with me at all, I don't know why, it is just wacky.
    I mean it's defensive yeah, but to gauge tonally that I feel threatened feels like a stretch

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

um I don't think that such a table would help anyone but ok
    You don't see how a systematized table of thoughts and reads with categories of reasons to explain the reads shortly would help anyone? Well uhm, I guess I'm a far seer then?

CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!
    Maybe not, but the point still stands that he can screw with our heads with those tables if he really wanted to.
    If you mark someone wrongly, people could potentially be persuaded to agree with you depending on who it is.
    ^^^^^^^^ An extremely skilled scum player could pull such a thing. That's why I choose to trust him for now.
    you have ozy as lock town from him having similar thoughts about 1 player?
    -vote Aamirus

I said : "for now I choose to trust him". I think that's quite clear, no? This post doesn't feel like town aamirus, sorry. Jar Jar shall not eat more babies.

47. ISO #197
    Ganelon

also
    my role is actually 'fuck zeratul clause'
    so I need to do this
    why-a-white-flag-is-used-as-the-universal-symbol-of-surrender.jpg

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199
    Ganelon

You don't see how a systematized table of thoughts and reads with categories of reasons to explain the reads shortly would help anyone? Well uhm, I guess I'm a far seer then?

CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!

^^^^^^^^ An extremely skilled scum player could pull such a thing. That's why I choose to trust him for now.

-vote Aamirus

I said : "for now I choose to trust him". I think that's quite clear, no? This post doesn't feel like town aamirus, sorry. Jar Jar shall not eat more babies.
    I don't think so, no.
    As in, what does table tell you that discussion couldn't? I'd rather have someone who has their own opinion than someone who just looked at a table and went "ya I agree with it".
    Not gonna lie I don't think it's useful.
    Gonna go get something to eat soon, should I have:
    Entrecot
    Lasagna?

50. ISO #200

any other player I would consider it, but I don't think its scummy tbh
    I think its not AI at all
    Am I crazy, or did your view on Ozy's post change for no reason?

Also, to whoever was accusing me of "lurking" by viewing the thread without posting, that's just a plain lie lol, I arrived after more than an hour of the day had passed, was offline before that... so Screw You!