FM Moving Forward
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Re: FM Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    Isn't your example the whole point we are trying to say? If the game doesn't fill then maybe it's because there is little interest in playing that game. Current system forces us to play it even if we don't like it - thus why i play on other sites instead of on this site, which is the problem everyone seems to want to fix: players leaving the site.
    Read the last paragraph. and please show a setup that no1 wants to play, havnt found 1 in the 2 years being here yet. Other than naz refusing to play cult setups xD

You are speculating for a future event like it is a present issue. we usually have 1-2 signups running right now, yes? we actually had 3 because the large FM game is still getting signatures as well. allowing 10+ signups to happen at once is just a mess, especially with only 15-20 people actively playing.

I am pretty sure people were not leaving the site because of a "hosting queue" for FM games =P Once again, Mafia is a social game. The most growth will be between the connections people make through the games - not the games themself.

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

2. ISO #2

Re: FM Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Read the last paragraph. and please show a setup that no1 wants to play, havnt found 1 in the 2 years being here yet. Other than naz refusing to play cult setups xD

You are speculating for a future event like it is a present issue. we usually have 1-2 signups running right now, yes? we actually had 3 because the large FM game is still getting signatures as well. allowing 10+ signups to happen at once is just a mess, especially with only 15-20 people actively playing.

I am pretty sure people were not leaving the site because of a "hosting queue" for FM games =P Once again, Mafia is a social game. The most growth will be between the connections people make through the games - not the games themself.
    Personally, I have signed for more games than I can count than I actually wanted to play on this site. I either signed because the host needed help, because I wanted to get the game moving so I could either host or sign for a game I wanted play. After completing these games, I will say that there are a lot that I wish I didn't play lol. Sure, some I still had fun in, but it really drained me to force myself to participate. You're right that Mafia is a social game, but it is still 100% possible to hate a game entirely because of a host &/or setup lol. You make it seem like it's impossible not to enjoy a game.

The issue is this site is based on a TPR heavy game (Sc2 Mafia), so players gravitate away from vanilla setups. Hell, a good chunk of players who come through here don't even want to try if they roll Citizen lol.

You really think that there would ever be 10+ signups? Hyperbole I hope? lol. Maybe the moment the rules change, but I don't think 10+ open signups would continue after a few games get going.
    I also think that a strict moderation of closing signups threads past x days would suffice in pruning and maintaining a clean & healthy signup subforum.

You're right that no one has likely left due to the queue. However, I can tell you as a FM Moderator for many years you see that it is definitely a flawed system. And as a Host, the queue is so discouraging. Regardless of what we decide on as a best route, the queue should be eviscerated lol. That's just my opinion, though.

I'd love to hear as many ideas as possible. The goal here isn't to just change the system and hope it works; it's to try to be innovative and come up with an idea that best suits the community.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,