FM Moving Forward
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #11
    Ganelon

Re: FM Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Is it possible to add a poll on a save that someone posts in the Setups workshop. Just to see if people are interested in playing or not? It can be viewed by the person making the save and the FM staff to help gauge how players feel about it. Just an idea.
    If there's multiple setups or games in the queue, we can always just vote on the game we'd like to play.

Condorcet comes to mind. We could run an experiment with Condorcet voting. Condorcet generally makes everyone equally satisfied/content.

A problem that could arise would be if there were too many games in the setup queue. So if you have like 100 games, and they're each rated from 1 to 100, and the most voted one has a rating of 50, then the people playing it would be... content, I guess, but it would also result in people being more likely to lose interest in the game (it's boring!). I don't really see this being very likely, as I don't think we've ever had more than at most three games in the queue at any one time, but it's still interesting to consider.

I'm sure we can correct this by adding in another variable - "total amount of time I'm willing to spend playing this game/I will enjoy playing it."
    Last edited by ; January 21st, 2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: I can't grammar