Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: S-FM President

1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

Re: S-FM President

Quote Originally Posted by John Kennedy View Post
    He means when I gave townpoints to Washington for shaking the tree and not being cautious. It was not a "free townpoint move", however this is a discredit

No. This reads as town to me because it shows he is willing to say something about you, probably your role, but doesn't want to show it. No scum would do that, unless WIFOM. And from my experience, it is rare.
    Horseshit. There is not even the slightest town value whatsoever to a “saving this to talk about it later” post. If you want to save a post, write its number down or the page it’s on. How the hell does quoting it and saying “saving this” actually help you save the post for later? Is it somehow more efficient in your eyes to try and scroll back and find your “saving it” post than to simply write the actual post number down?

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    the purpose behind the post was because if JFK is MM and Truman is blinkskater, that interaction is identical to every single interaction they have every game. MM (JFK) scumreads anything blink (Truman) is doing. the conversation literally looked identical to that lol But I don't want to hunt for "who is who", even though it will be figured out pretty quickly lol.

So that read on JFK "scum reading" Truman - in the context of that being MM scum reading Blink, that would be a town move from JFK. The scenario looked identical lol thus, with the habituality of it making JFK town and truman town.- but You (truman) were using a lot of correct punctuation, so that threw me off.

However, if that turns out to be the case, I am going to laugh so fking hard because even with random names that same damn scenario would have just played out again.
    teddy who are these people. it's like i don't even know you anymore

face judgement of the holy God

goodnight, thank you for the sleep allotment JFK

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Truman View Post
    nah, the "free townpoints move" was the same thing I did the other post on, when he set up to say something later. some town might see it as a reason to keep him alive or trust him, because the ambiguous post might scream "hello I am useful I'm collecting information," but it looks like a minor scum play to me because it looks like he just wants to be like "a-ha" later when he's under pressure.

sorry if I'm unclear. Truman will return when he wakes up un-inebriated and with an actual computer
    Agreed. It’s a desperate move for town points and serves no other purpose

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    Horseshit. There is not even the slightest town value whatsoever to a “saving this to talk about it later” post. If you want to save a post, write its number down or the page it’s on. How the hell does quoting it and saying “saving this” actually help you save the post for later? Is it somehow more efficient in your eyes to try and scroll back and find your “saving it” post than to simply write the actual post number down?
    lol it was a post to be talked about after the game. was an early game prediction =P but tbh, from how tunneled u are on this im getting a bad town vibe over a scum vibe. I dont see a scum tunneling this hard this early with a no lynch day.

11. ISO #161

Ok. This is the beginning of my suspicions on Roosevelt. Actually, no, the beginning is when I saw he wasn't retracting this. I thought he wanted to put hard pressure on Truman by jumping on a possibility that was obviously false, to see if Truman would panic. He did not, and answered as I would expect a town member to answer.

But to get back to Roosevelt, he twisted the narrative. Then organized a push around it, and when he saw it was dying, stopped posting. I said earlier that to stop posting was not a scum tell in itself; however, to stop posting STRATEGICALLY then re-post something 10 minutes later without getting back on the subject, especially when: , is SUSSSSSSSSSSP.

I believe Roosevelt is a skilled player when it comes to scumpainting. But I cannot be sure if it was good scumpainting or legitimate town though process, because they are very similar. That being said, I am now thinking about where my president vote will go. And I do not trust Roosevelt enough to vote for him.
    This is what I was saying about Roosevelt too

12. ISO #162

Yes, because it shows you didn't desperatly search for an old post to get you out of a bad situation.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

So is your post
    so far I see Nixon and Truman popping in doing lots of discrediting and preventing people from playing anything out (thus preventing reads). if this is how you are scum hunting... not a very good strategy.

Now, on a progressive note:

I am fine for an Abraham Lincoln or JFK presidential vote.

16. ISO #166

so far I see Nixon and Truman popping in doing lots of discrediting and preventing people from playing anything out (thus preventing reads). if this is how you are scum hunting... not a very good strategy.

Now, on a progressive note:

I am fine for an Abraham Lincoln or JFK presidential vote.
    Elaborate on why you are okay with Lincoln.

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

Yes, because it shows you didn't desperatly search for an old post to get you out of a bad situation.
    It serves to try and force a quick lynch later on when you finally do “analyze” it for us (and show us who MUST be the scum). I don’t think it serves very well as a “don’t lynch me I analyzed this post a long time ago”. Even if it did, I can’t see why townies would need to actively try and create outs for themselves from future lynches. They should be focused on a team victory and scum hunting rather than ensuring their own survival. But maybe people are egotistical enough here to care more about surviving til the end than winning because they have no faith in anybody else... I guess that’s believable

20. ISO #170

Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
    Scrolling through they seem to be insignificant for me. Give me an example.
    Good vibe from that slot. Didn't seem to be scumpainting or trying to manipulate scenarios at all. still put light pressure on people. I shall follow Abraham Lincoln to the ends of this world!! On the other hand, we got Truman over here and nixon scumpainting everyone and yet not interacting with each other. JFK, somewhat opportunistic but feel it's a town slot. But, a presidential slot is not a confirmed town slot. If all hell breaks loose and we think we made a mistake, can always lynch/assassinate em.

Now, you seem to be pushing for the presidential vote for yourself; who do you think should be president here?

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

Good vibe from that slot. Didn't seem to be scumpainting or trying to manipulate scenarios at all. still put light pressure on people. I shall follow Abraham Lincoln to the ends of this world!! On the other hand, we got Truman over here and nixon scumpainting everyone and yet not interacting with each other. JFK, somewhat opportunistic but feel it's a town slot. But, a presidential slot is not a confirmed town slot. If all hell breaks loose and we think we made a mistake, can always lynch/assassinate em.

Now, you seem to be pushing for the presidential vote for yourself; who do you think should be president here?
    I like how when people analyze your posts and try to determine the town or scum motivations behind them you call us scum painters, but when you do the same to us you’re apparently a good townie. You come off as very scummy to me m8

24. ISO #174

In forum mafia it is always good (with the exception of if u can confirm urself 100%) to leave a trail of your thought process. always. gives people stuff to read you with and gives information on your train of thought. it also serves to make scums nervous if they see their names being thrown into "scenarios" where they do not know what is going on with it (how im reading ur reaction).

25. ISO #175

It serves to try and force a quick lynch later on when you finally do “analyze” it for us (and show us who MUST be the scum). I don’t think it serves very well as a “don’t lynch me I analyzed this post a long time ago”. Even if it did, I can’t see why townies would need to actively try and create outs for themselves from future lynches. They should be focused on a team victory and scum hunting rather than ensuring their own survival. But maybe people are egotistical enough here to care more about surviving til the end than winning because they have no faith in anybody else... I guess that’s believable
    This post really pushed me into seeing why I didn't like that post. It's like setting up an escape plan. As town I tend to not look far forward, so seeing people actively plotting is a major scumpoint for me. This post looks like he's planning it forward. I won't be surprised if he pulls this back up later, but if he does that would be pretty much instantly confirmed scum.

26. ISO #176

This post really pushed me into seeing why I didn't like that post. It's like setting up an escape plan. As town I tend to not look far forward, so seeing people actively plotting is a major scumpoint for me. This post looks like he's planning it forward. I won't be surprised if he pulls this back up later, but if he does that would be pretty much instantly confirmed scum.
    so then what do you feel about this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Truman View Post
    I’m mafia because I said I didn’t want to be the president and then retaliated in a hedging way?

I’m a weak PR because I said that I don’t want to be the president, but then weighed the benefits?

I’m a strong PR because I’m just trying to look like a citizen making a gambit?

I’m a citizen because I’m baiting the thought that I’m a PR with my disinterest in presidency?

C’mon baby, let’s hear the read now! Let’s start the partisan politics!
    shows that they purposely made a post with 4 different escape plans that they PRE THOUGHT OUT before posting it yet I don't see you addressing that

27. ISO #177

In forum mafia it is always good (with the exception of if u can confirm urself 100%) to leave a trail of your thought process. always. gives people stuff to read you with and gives information on your train of thought. it also serves to make scums nervous if they see their names being thrown into "scenarios" where they do not know what is going on with it (how im reading ur reaction).
    “Saving for later” is not a train of thought. What you say about making scum’s nervous is true in the case where you actually replied with part of your read, but not true in the general case of somebody just saying “saving to respond to this later” as JFK did

28. ISO #178

This is unsatisfactory for me but I unfortunately must leave it here.

My presidential vote is still open. Not everyone has checked in yet, and some people could be a solid townread. Right now I like how Nixon is thinking but I don't know if I'd consider him for presidency.

29. ISO #179

shows that they purposely made a post with 4 different escape plans that they PRE THOUGHT OUT before posting it yet I don't see you addressing that
    I already claimed the reaosning behind my post - love how it wasn't addressed and is being brushed back further =P I feel a big scum drive behind it.

and if anyone thinks anyone is being "hard pressured" today, just.. lol

30. ISO #180

“Saving for later” is not a train of thought. What you say about making scum’s nervous is true in the case where you actually replied with part of your read, but not true in the general case of somebody just saying “saving to respond to this later” as JFK did
    because it results in meta that isnt to be mentioned in the game. I brushed over it, the post was to be cited after the game. Placed it here to point it out when I had the thought. If you are going to tunnel at me all game for it then do it lol give the scums the wifom

31. ISO #181

This just feels more like a meta thing. I don't see that post as an escape plan. But it shows that they are actively thinking about what they say.

I agree with the previous assertion that this slot is probably a PR or neutral of some kind.

i totally didn't just forget this post existed

32. ISO #182

You’re insisting he thought about this before he had made the previous post which you replied to. It seems to me that he came up with these 4 ideas AFTER you replied to his earlier post as a way of showing that your post was shit

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

come on. He has shitposted. OF COURSE HE DIDN'T TWIST ANYTHING, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

That discredit though

Okay, is that buddying, trying to get out of your quite bad situation or legitimate town thoughts?

35. ISO #185

This just feels more like a meta thing. I don't see that post as an escape plan. But it shows that they are actively thinking about what they say.

I agree with the previous assertion that this slot is probably a PR or neutral of some kind.

i totally didn't just forget this post existed
    PR or neutral? why not a mafia

36. ISO #186

You’re insisting he thought about this before he had made the previous post which you replied to. It seems to me that he came up with these 4 ideas AFTER you replied to his earlier post as a way of showing that your post was shit
    yes, and u are insisting I made my post with some plan to "scum read" you later in the game. lol

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

come on. He has shitposted. OF COURSE HE DIDN'T TWIST ANYTHING, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!

That discredit though

Okay, is that buddying, trying to get out of your quite bad situation or legitimate town thoughts?
    nah, good feeling about the slot. how about you name who u want to vote for president?

40. ISO #190

yes, and u are insisting I made my post with some plan to "scum read" you later in the game. lol
    Why scumread him later when you have stated you scumread him now?

Or have you forgotten you scumread him?

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

because it results in meta that isnt to be mentioned in the game. I brushed over it, the post was to be cited after the game. Placed it here to point it out when I had the thought. If you are going to tunnel at me all game for it then do it lol give the scums the wifom
    No tunneling for it, if you just meant to refer to it after the gsme that’s different obviously. It just didn’t seem that way when you initially posted about it (you responded right after saying you were townreading jfk for it....). But I guess I’ll take your word for it since it looks like you thought it was a blink MM interaction as you said a few posts back.

43. ISO #193

Why scumread him later when you have stated you scumread him now?

Or have you forgotten you scumread him?
    You are not following this are you? After that post he immediately jumped at me pushing why I am scum reading him (which i never did) UNTIL I watched how he was reacting to not getting the info right away. go back and read the damn thread lol

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

Why are you so insistent on addressing the president vote while literally <60% of the playerbase has checked in?

Are you a sponsor?
    because that is the main purpose for today. may as well start getting some ideas in place. Do I expect them to change? yes. but early read information out always leads to interesting topics.

47. ISO #197

You are not following this are you? After that post he immediately jumped at me pushing why I am scum reading him (which i never did) UNTIL I watched how he was reacting to not getting the info right away. go back and read the damn thread lol
    I think you’re confusing me with Truman now. YOU go back and read it lol

48. ISO #198

You should cut the shitty attitude.

In my eyes his "jumping on you" is completely valid because your townread on Lincoln appears to be completely unfounded. I understand gut reads but dude you cannot just call it a "gut read" and say that's it. It reads like 30 IQ executioner play.

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200

You should cut the shitty attitude.

In my eyes his "jumping on you" is completely valid because your townread on Lincoln appears to be completely unfounded. I understand gut reads but dude you cannot just call it a "gut read" and say that's it. It reads like 30 IQ executioner play.
    oh the irony.

nah I like the Lincoln slot