Redeemer

Subtitle: You are a spiritual artist who believes in a second chance
    Description: Revive 1 dead townie, at the cost of your own life
    Alignment: Town
    Type: Power

Attributes:
    -You can revive one dead town member
    -You will die when your ability is used
    -Sacrifices take 1 day to complete, if you are lynched beforehand, your ability does not work
    -You cannot talk while sacrificing
    -If you are killed the night you sacrifice, your ability only half works, turning your target into a basic citizen
    -You cannot be healed by doctors while sacrificing
    -If you revive a killing role, they will be left with 1 shot, Jailors receive 0 executions.
    -If you are converted to cult during sacrifice, your target becomes a cultist.

Options:
    Immune to roleblock On/Off
    Can revive cleaned or disguised targets On/Off
    Becomes Witch Doctor if converted On/Off
    Can revive Town Government Roles On/Off
    Can Revive Killing roles On/Off

Possible Crimes: Conspiracy

notes: Obviously this takes inspiration from the Retributionist from ToS. Unlike ToS, however, I'd like this role to be somewhat balanced and make sense, a sort of "trade a life for a life scenario". In most cases this can be used for an extra vote in those neck and neck situations, or get a useful role when there are none left.
    Last edited by Chalibluefin; March 5th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

Re: Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    This role is overpowered. What happens if you revive a jailor? You get a confirmed town role who has the ability to kill? This is even more powerful than the Marshal's reveal.

This role can make a kidnapper waste his kill, for example.
    You can make it unable to revive killing roles... It's a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    omg... lol im sorry that you did that...... there is no hidden message, it was a direct copy paste..its 189,000 characters long, so trust me when I say - I am sorry for wasting that much time reading amino acid sequences.
    if there's a wolf on Ceme, I can get behind Tom, I basically townread everyone, Aba a bit less and Marsh has his special throne
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK LORD HAS ARRIVED TO DESTROY THE SCUMS AND PURGE HERESY FROM THIS TOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    This role is overpowered. What happens if you revive a jailor? You get a confirmed town role who has the ability to kill? This is even more powerful than the Marshal's reveal.

This role can make a kidnapper waste his kill, for example.
    Oh, if you revive a killing role they no longer have executions... Fixes it.
    omg... lol im sorry that you did that...... there is no hidden message, it was a direct copy paste..its 189,000 characters long, so trust me when I say - I am sorry for wasting that much time reading amino acid sequences.
    if there's a wolf on Ceme, I can get behind Tom, I basically townread everyone, Aba a bit less and Marsh has his special throne
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK LORD HAS ARRIVED TO DESTROY THE SCUMS AND PURGE HERESY FROM THIS TOWN!

My personal opinion is that something needs to be done with the Marshal/Mayor
    - they are the only Town roles in the game that can confirm themselves beyond the shadow of a doubt.

They have the potential - especially the Marshal - to either win the game for the town with little effort on anyone's part other than their own, or to decidedly shift the balance of power in favour of the evil roles.

Adding another self-confirmable town role isn't something that would benefit this game, in my opinion - unless you forced it to take the Town Government slot, in which case, it could work.
    Last edited by Magoroth; March 5th, 2018 at 12:49 PM.

Many players leave after they die.
    And some players might not like the idea that their only play is to move themselves out of play.
    I could also see it being called OP - a "Revive a confirmed powerful town role".

One possible way to fix all those 3 problems would be changing the ability to: "absorb a dead townies abilities".
    However, that would make it a completely different role while basically making a Town-Power-Amnesiac.

Might as well just change Amnesiac to be Town Power. I never liked that WIN MORE role to begin with.
    Truth being told: you kinda suck. :)

------

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    I think some of you are forgetting the fact that this role DIES when it revives someone. Confirmed or not, this role would help in a pinch. Also keeping in mind that there will is a chance for an evil to counteract this easily.
    I don't think anyone is forgetting that.

The thing is - confirmed townies are incredibly impactful.

Just 1-2 confirmed townies middle or late game are pretty game winning when need to spot those last evils.

Many games where just 2-3 townies carried the town to victory just because they confirmed each other in the early game.

The debate here is: how impactful would a confirmed and powerful townie be in middle or late game?
    Confirmed roles are carrying town to victory on a daily basis when they ask for roles/lw from everyone after they get confirmed.
    You think Mayor is so strong because of his +vote power? Nope - it's because he is confirmed.

All I'm saying is - either you are underestimating or we are overestimating how strong a confirm townie is. Even if just citizen.

------

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    It all comes down to the people playing. Just how like, in theory, the Marshall is probably the most broken role. But in practice not so much
    To be fair. Setups where Marshall has double group execution with 4 executions in each - the Marshall would have to try really hard indeed to lose the game.

------

What would you think if Redeemer confirmed a role from someone who is alive, at the expensive of his own life?

Like, you know how Amnesiac reveal is sometimes displayed to everyone? How about some players exact role is displayed to everyone at the expense of Redeemers life? Yes - that's how powerful I think confirming a players role is.

Slightly offtopic:
    I'm always impressed how @Distorted , or other really good players, as Mayor give townies jobs which would confirm them or someone else the next day. I feel like only the best players do it and it truhly is game winning.

A confirmed town role can have drastic effects as you have stated. However, that can only really be in an argument based on the current number of players still in play. If there are town roles still in play mid game to late, there are already confirmed roles at play. There are many variables that can negate the Redeemer's effect. Cultists at play, auditors...the target can still potentially be doused from earlier if there is an arsonist still at play. Point is that a confirmed role can only do so much other than be confirmed. Depending on his/her role will have abilities, but that doesn't stop evils from killing them at night. I guess what I am trying to say is, there is too many variables to really say how this this effects the game. As i stated before, it really comes down to the players, while good players will most likely take advantage of this, there are still a good majority who don't realize its significance and would fail to take advantage. The latter is usually the case, otherwise town would never lose. But it would also change the way evils prioritize their targets and adapt strategy, because this role would also make for another role to claim.

I'd much rather this idea be considered for Sc2 Mafia than FM. Hence why the site is called "Sc2 Mafia".
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

This game is not Town of Salem. Our tagline is "Death is permanent, there is no mercy. Trust only yourself".

We're not turning dead chat into it's own metagame. This is a hardline stance that will not change. We will not ever have anything that interacts with dead players period.

Search up my responses to this topic time and time again for more analysis. It's just not going to happen
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    This game is not Town of Salem. Our tagline is "Death is permanent, there is no mercy. Trust only yourself".

We're not turning dead chat into it's own metagame. This is a hardline stance that will not change. We will not ever have anything that interacts with dead players period.

Search up my responses to this topic time and time again for more analysis. It's just not going to happen
    ^^ people must try else the game will die.