Whould I Move to Another Country?
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Post Should I Move to Another Country?

Fucking typo in the title! It's "SHOULD"

So, here's the deal I need a piece(s) of advice(s) on.
    Currently I live in Russia. Have been living in the same town since I was born with less than 5 trips elsewhere for my entire life. And I have a strong feeling that things are just getting more pressuring here until you suffocate unable to move or speak.

But not diving much into politics, I'd like to ask you wether it's worth moving to another country (hopefully) forever? Was thinking about Canada. I mean, the climate is hardly different from the one we have here, I love its nature and more importantly the overall cultural mix. It's like fresh air.

I can freely speak english, am good with IT (coding, a little of database and web), got better at drawing recently and have an idea for a business in a small town. Even if I'm not good enough at something, I can learn new things as fast as possible if I have to. So I have something to bring with me, not to come and say "Hey, take me as your citizen, give me a job and feed me pls, thanks", no. I wish both to take and to give. To make something good out of what I can. Something that (as I've learnt in a hard way many many times) not achievable here at all.

On the other side, it's like burning every bridge behind me, including friends and a family I'm just too close with to leave like that. Even if I have a joke on the topic of moving my mom and brother either don't take it seriously or think of me as some kind of ungrateful motherland traitor. Well, of course I can still keep in touch with them considering modern technology, but it feels like tearing a huge part of your soul from yourself and throwing it away. And then going out there completely on your own, which is so relieving and terrifying at the same time. Like swimming away into deep ocean.

What would you suggest? Do yo have any experience at moving to another country, maybe specifically Canada or any country that provides fair opportunities for living? I just don't know, it's a very important choice to make and if I make it, I should start preparing as soon as I can. After all, it's my life, isn't it?
    Last edited by Espozito; May 16th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Sencerely yours,

Self_Obsessed_Attention_Hungry_Wh()re_With_High_Ambitions_And_Low_IQ