Register

User Tag List

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2242
  1. ISO #1901

2. ISO #1902

Re: S-FM 216 Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    *sniff, sniff* I smell the pungent scent of sweat in the air. Looks like someone's tryharding today.
    Or you're still useless

Scum motivation for pushing arrow lynch until today. He knew arrow was omega b/c he is alpha and knew in pushing the lynch he would gain another night immune. Also, while hoping he could push a mislynch in the day, have vigi waste the shot on arrow at night. Of course he knew this would raise suspicions of sheriff and so when sheriff checked him he would show up clear and this would remove a potential vote on him in day time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

3. ISO #1903

Sj scum motivation for pushing lynch*
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

4. ISO #1904

Or you're still useless

Scum motivation for pushing arrow lynch until today. He knew arrow was omega b/c he is alpha and knew in pushing the lynch he would gain another night immune. Also, while hoping he could push a mislynch in the day, have vigi waste the shot on arrow at night. Of course he knew this would raise suspicions of sheriff and so when sheriff checked him he would show up clear and this would remove a potential vote on him in day time.
    Seriously, you wont get anywhere by creating conspiracy theorys.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

5. ISO #1905

6. ISO #1906

7. ISO #1907

8. ISO #1908

Or you're still useless

That's a kinda wackjob conspiracy theory, tbh. SJ seemed to sincerely believe having the vigi do the kill was wiser. Furthermore, no-one thought about the potential sheriff confirmation on d3 all the way back during d2. This is only conceivable now in retrospect, when we're actually thinking about this from a d3 perspective.

9. ISO #1909

10. ISO #1910

Gonna post this, and dig into it.

Spoiler : All of Y's posts so far :
    Hello, I'm going out in a few mins but I should be around in 'bout 8 hours and tomorrow morning. So, for estimates:

8pm-10pm GMT saturday
    6pm-10pm GMT sunday

This means I probably won't be on for LYLO - given that day seems to end at like 4am or something lol.

That is all.
    EOD*
    This is the wrong attitude to have. This is more about having an argument than actually finding scum on page 2. That aside, however, this kind of "we can't be sure of our scumreads" attitude can be applied to basically the entire game - not just page 3. To put it bluntly, this is a very defeatist attitude to have, and quite the non-opinion. I don't like it.

This is different from BC and Mesk being like "wtf this is page 1", because Mesk and BC simply found quick to be obnoxious / overanalytical to the point of being ridiculous, which is not the same as Arrow making this defeatist non-point.

Judging by the fact pretty much noone seemed to reply to this and it kinda faded into obscurity (I'm on page 80) this subtle defeatist non point seemed to do its job, if Arrow is scum, and was a pretty useless contribution, if Arrow is town.
    That was post 55 btw.
    Post 113

What's the point of this comment? If you've got something against someone on the Mesk train, then just say it. This vague "attack-on-noone-in-particular" only throws shade on the Mesk train without making a real point. If a scum reads this comment they're just gonna be like "oh looks like people are suspicious of the Mesk train - I'll be more cautious about making my voting look legit" - you're just giving the scum advice LOL.

I dunno, you seem to actually townread Mesk but this looks like a really indirect, round-about way of attacking the Mesk train that won't convince anyone in particular. If a town on the train reads this they're just gonna think "Well I still scumread her - I'm definitely not taking advantage". This just looks like white-knighting in case Mesk dies tbh.

Maybe you were trying to see if anyone will pussy out of the train with this really vague remark... Meh...
    This is weird from someone who actually puts thought into his one-liners.
    I'll give you developed thoughts later - It's 1AM, I'm a slow reader and I only just started page 11. Here are my thoughts thus far:

The way you're talking to people is very obnoxious. Arguing with people about irrelevant shit and being condescending/annoying doesn't actually help move the game forward, or convince people to vote with you. Right now, you're on your way to being lynched for feigning being a "VI" (I learnt that term too lol) - I wouldn't necessarily disagree with such a lynch myself, given your current behaviour.

If this is planned, this is a shit plan. Being seen as the VI is not a good thing, even if it is technically a townread. A VI-read is a stone throw away from a scumread or PL. Chill, and talk less nonsense =P
    I noticed your "softclaim" in this game, because you've already brought up this softclaim in Inside Job... lol... Question: Would you not softclaim town if you were scum?

P.S. I answered the questionnaire and was town.
    Bro, I can't believe the last example you have of this overanalysis-style working is when Calix used a suggestive pronoun suggesting she maybe-did-not-include-herself-as-town-or-scum, and then later flipped an anti-neutral-killing executioner-ish role, over a fucking year ago XD

I remember that game... You got lynched for tunneling Calix over that ridiculous d1 "slip" and then Calix got accidentally killed by the actual neutral killer... LOL

Ahhh... The memories... I believe I hammered you, despite you being my townread? Some things never change.
    You asked for my opinion, I gave it. Sorry for giving the wrong answer. Anyway, you're underestimating the suspicion you're garnering, even if no-one but SJ has been very vocal about it yet. Lynch-outcomes in this game won't work how they typically do - if 3 or 4 people switch to one person just before EOD that'll be enough to fuck them over.

If you're town, you don't want to be mislynched. Town has 3 mislynches they can make, then it's LYLO. Any logical person would not want to waste a mislynch. In fact, any logical person wouldn't meaninglessly add clutter and chaos by having a long conversation about 13/3, either. Stop saying so much irrelevant crap.

Of course, "this is just my opinion", blahblahblah. If we're still not reaching eachother, then there's no point continuing this conversation.
    @Gyrlander tbf people have said a lot of stuff now. You've gotta have some thoughts on some people by now. Give us a bit of good ol' stream of consciousness where you puke your thoughts and feelings about how people seem scummy or not.

Where has @SuperJack gone? He started out with some decent scumhunting but has since disappeared. His activity is still way higher than mine but I swear he said he'd be checking in throughout the day. SJ, are you eyeing anyone other than PTB?

I think Anass has enough votes to get the idea at this point. I'd rather place my vote somewhere more productive.

Hmm.

-vote Arrow

You've still barely posted any developed thoughts. Sure, it's only d1, but it's been a big d1. Even if I didn't scumread you a little, this would still make sense as a Policy Lynch.

One of us has to die today, why shouldn't it be you?
    So you do have thoughts. Glad you got to the crux of my problem with you. I like you.

-unvote

Keep giving lots of thoughts pls, even if they seem shit, and we will have a compassionate and healthy relationship.
    (no homo)
    Your playstyle is really anti-status-quo man. There's nothing wrong with conforming a little with your approach for the greater good of the town.

Either way, I'm beginning to understand your attitude, and as a result I'm promoting you to a null read. It looks like I'll be able to build a solid read on you in later days anyway, whether you turn out to be town or scum.
    1) I honestly just didn't think to list all the inactives. SJ stood out to me because I'd just finished reading the PTBvs.SJ thing.

Anyway, listing everyone who's inactive and going "fuck these people" sort of reduces it to meaningless, doesn't it? If you see your name among like 4 you don't really give a shit.

2) I didn't say my reasons there because I said them earlier:

3) Yeah, it was a half-hearted, slap-on-the-end-ish reason. You correctly read that. I've never had anything against PLs though, if I can't find a good scumread.

I replied to your criticism. Now reply to mine:

This felt very off to me, and you never responded.
    You feel that way, because I did. I have no reason to waste time on a train when my reasons are reduced to insignificance.

Tempted to join the train on you for emotional reasons (I've read so many of your words it's starting to drive me insane), but a great man once told me not to vote my townreads, so I'm gonna give that a miss for now. If you want reasons for my TR just ask, but they're largely the same as others.

Hate to be that guy, but I was mulling over a mesk lynch on the train this morning. I'll look into her posts again and see if my suspicions have any substance, then I'll get back to you in like half an hour / an hour.
    Bro, someone says "lol I might vote you for the bants" and then you're like "DO IT THEN. DO IT BITCH. YOU A FUCKING PUSSY? FUCKING DO IT. IF YOU THINK IT'S BEST FOR THE TOWN THEN FUCKING GO FOR IT. I REFUSE TO BE DEMONIZED AADFGFDSFG"

This is why no-one thinks you're chill =P
    I don't believe you ever responded to that post specifically. The response you're giving presently is pretty weak. I wasn't talking specifically about you defending her, it was more that your defense sucked and it looked like you were just trying to look like a goodie in the event that Mesk died and flipped town.

If you can't name anyone in particular who was "taking advantage of Mesk's nature", why would you just assume this is the case? Do you assume all votes on mesk are people "taking advantage"?

I remember in the last game you defended Mesk too, but that time you defended her with real reasons and scumread the people attacking her for real reasons, and directly attacked FB. This is not comparable to your usual defending of Mesk, to me.
    Dafuq? Am I just speaking a different language today?

1) You said you responded to me, but I can't find that response. Your present response was focused on *why* you should defend Mesk. Your *why* kind of sucked anyway, but I was more interested in *how* you're defending Mesk. You're defending her in a manner that wouldn't convince anyone who scumreads Mesk to stop scumreading Mesk - in other words, your defense isn't actually doing anything.

2) You said "People are taking advantage of the Mesk train ", so I said "What? Why don't you just say who is taking advantage of the Mesk train? Why be indirect?".

Then you said "People often take advantage of the Mesk train.", and then I said "it sounds like you're just assuming the votes on Mesk are people taking advantage. Can't you name someone in particular who was taking advantage?"

This shouldn't require me to "show you" anything.

3) Last game, you specifically scumread the person against Mesk (Firebringer) for good reasons. Firebringer looked like he'd cc'd Mesk just because he had to - it didn't seem sincere. FB also seemed to be twisting facts and was half-heartedly town compared to Mesk. This is very different from going "people are taking advantage of the Mesk train, Mesk is clearly town. GG" I'm not saying abstract shit right now, I shouldn't need to go and dig up quotes to make my point.

Does anyone understand what I'm saying? Am I speaking the same language? Fuck me lol.
    What the fuck, are you a professor?

Oh my god please tell me you're an eccentric professor in real life. That would make my night.
    Yeah exactly, I did read the game lol. POD was just placing a random vote, SJ voted her over the red-hot thing and Gyrlander voted her out of emotion. So, who's "taking advantage of the Mesk train"? As I said, it looks like you're white knighting her with this remark. Anyway, I'm not saying their reasoning is good.

Bro I never said you passionately defended her, this game or last game. The point I'm making is last game you had reasons for attacking Mesk's train, and you attacked her train well, while in this game it seems like you just wanna "appear" like you're defending her.

I must be phrasing myself terribly for you to be misunderstanding me this hard lol. Seriously, am I incoherent? Tell me and I'll start making more of an effort.
    You have disappointed me. You must redeem yourself by pursing a career in professor-ship.
    Because Unknown made this vague remark about people taking advantage of the Mesk train that felt really off to me, for reasons that I've divulged on the previous page.

Seriously, I ain't supporting that mesk train, nor am I saying it was scummy to defend her. It's just how he went about it and, to a lesser degree, the reasons he gave.

To put it shortly, it feels like Unknown was just white-knighting. If Unknown really thought someone was "taking advantage", he woulda made some effort to call the bastard out, but he didn't. He just made that indirect remark instead.

Think about it, if you scumread Mesk and voted her, then later someone said "there are people on the Mesk train taking advantage of Mesk as lynch bait", would that convince you to get off the Mesk train? I certainly hope it wouldn't lol.

I felt like there was an agenda behind the one-liner, given the kind of person Unknown is, but I couldn't find the towny agenda. So here I am making a fuss about it ^^.

P.S. Maaan I always confuse POD and DW's names. Sorryyy.
    To clarify: White Knighting, by my definition, is when scums focus on appearing to defend towns, rather than actually defending their townreads. I'm moreso saying your defense of Mesk feels more vanity-driven than actually-convincing-towns-not-to-vote-Mesk driven.

Okay, so do you think Gyrlander was taking advantage then? SJ's read seemed pretty reasonable tbh - Mesk might write that "red-hot" shit to brag about it in the post-game. It's just Gyr didn't seem like he was doing it to "take advantage".

Humans surprise eachother I guess. I never saw it as a massive deal, I just thought "oh that seems off". Personally, I felt like I was the one responding to you in this conversation LOL.
    Sorry, sorryyy. I'd write shorter if I was less tired, and I probably would have cut this conversation short too. T_T
    I had that logic too back when I was new LOL.

Anyway, I can't find a solid scumread, so I'll probably hope on the Anass thing too.

What are the chances Anass will get replaced?
    Nope, it was definitely SJ - not PTB. SJ voting Mesk started the PTBvs.SJ thing, remember?
    Yeah, it's really solid logic for the first 24 hours or whatever it was. It's quite plausible for Mesk to do something rash like that. SJ switched soon after, too.
    Dat dedication to spotting meaningless votes tho.
    tbf, the point is you thought PTB was voting her rather than SJ, so we should read your interactions with your perception, whether it was true or false, in mind.
    If there is a god, he has ensured all your scumreads are TPRs so that you'll stop looking down on me
    NOOOOO
    Never has the temptation to vote my townreads been so strong... No... This is a test from the Darknessb-almighty... I must resist... I must stay in the light... I must walk the holy path of the sacred PL, and cleanse toxicity with master-cucho.

-vote AnassRhamur

Please show me the light in the dark, Darknessb ^(o.o)^
    My bad.
    That's a good point actually. In fact, L-3 is more than enough.

-unvote

I've gotta go to bed. In case you guys wanna pivot, hopefully you still can with my vote off.
    As per usual, on working days I tend to miss the first 16-18 hours of play and arrive late. I forgot to post times, apologies.

I'll catch up then post some thoughts.
    While the claim is certainly plausible, you're giving it too much credence. It's very possible he sincerely planned to tunnel PTB w/o switching onto another train, or simply wished to make that argument go on for the full day 1 before relenting so that he could offset productivity - when there's a massive, pointless argument going on it basically devours any other discussion that could have happened.

Given how he seemed so discussion focused with his early strategies, grabbing the game by the reigns and forcing it in one direction seems counter-intuitive.

However, I can still see this as SJ experimenting lol.

P.S. It felt a bit off to me that Unknown was so critical of Mesk about that vote when he knew she'd be very unlikely to early hammer like that as scum, unless she was WIFOMing stupidity. It was like he was deliberately pivoting his read after he got shit for appearing to white knight Mesk.
    It was particularly weird how he continued to act suspicious of Mesk after FB had replied to him explaining why Mesk's vote wasn't actually very suspicious.
    If anything, DW was helping Stereo with that ridiculous tunneling. DW gave Stereo an excuse to post barely any reads while Stereo fought an endless war over "scummy" answers to a fucking questionnaire. It diminished the credibility of any Stereo train, because it contained conspiracy theorist DW.

If Stereo is a scum who agreed to the DW kill, it was because DW was a reasonably-strong townread who probably wouldn't be healed and to create the (flimsy) illusion that Stereo was framed.

Regardless, the controversial choice in NK has distracted y'all from making deep psychological reads for now, so on that level it succeeded. NK analysis pretty much never yields anything productive, because you can just keep piling layers of WIFOM over the motives of the kill.

(On post 880)
    @BananaCucho

These votes are only a result of your own lack of a follow-up to the PL. You dragged this town onto that AR lynch, kicking and screaming, only to begin d2 with a "meh Mesk seems kinda bad I guess". That's meek as fuck.

You don't get to choose whether you're town leader - it's bestowed upon you. You're obligated to offer a good lynch to us, after ultimately wasting our d1 lynch.

If you're going to be a shady, agenda driven player, ffs at least do it properly. Choose a player who you don't like and repeat 50 times why us sheep should vote them, because right now it looks like you're transitioning into a backseat role of "1 mediocre comment per page" to let the town devour itself.

@Arrow

Give us more thoughts on the actions of players. Try to imagine scenarios where a player might do X because they're scum, or might do X because they're town, and post them. If you don't let us into your brain, we're going to continue to question your motives. Eventually, we'll just have to presume you can't give towny thoughts because you're scum.

--------------

BTW, this train on Mesk is only as good as the one on Anass. Mesk townread Anass as an empty citizen because Anass didn't give a shit about this game - I think that was her projecting. So yeah, I townread her.
    I can't remember where you said it, but you asked something like why I was "drawing attention without pursuing". I'm having lots of thoughts about you, but none of them are conclusive, which means many of my thoughts end up being about you, which shows in the brain-puke posts.

I don't even know whether saying you're null is correct - that's more like a statement of not having a real read. It's moreso the fact I can entertain the idea you're town and the idea you're scum at once, and neither feels like a better hypothesis.
    You voted her to encourage her to answer a question? You must be aware that kind of stuff doesn't actually make sense lol =P
    I don't have a strong read tbh. I'll post what thoughts I have:

His comments about Mesk yesterday seemed genuine / useful, along with several other contributions he made about Arrow and PTB. Otherwise, when he said this:

Though the read itself is pure dogshit, it felt like a really towny thing to say for some reason. It had that sort of self-centered-ness of "oh yeah my pressuring really took a toll on BC, I'm hot shit" that felt characteristic of FB lol.

Anyway, you said something about scumreading him for "playing dumb"? I'd like to hear more about that, because he doesn't seem to have much underlying psychological agenda / WIFOM to his posts beyond keeping a poker face up.

I get the feeling I'm dolling out townreads too easily though. FB's a good player, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was faked. I also need to go back and read what he said before.
    When was the last time you two played a game together?
    Good catch. This is actually motivating me to stop fucking around and actually start ISOing lol XD
    I was thinking more in regards to the tunneling you thing, rather than his whole meta.
    When I'm dealing with some work I really care about, I suddenly become a very steadfast and motivated man.

Then when I'm taking out the garbage I turn into the most nihilistic, neurotic piece of shit.

Arrow's flip in personality makes perfect sense tbh LOL. He's clearly a matter-of-fact policeman rather than a master-plan-savvy detective.
    Firebringer (3 [L-3]):
    BananaCucho, SuperJack, Unknown1234
    Quick (1 [L-5]):
    Gyrlander
    Mesk514 (1 [L-5]):
    Stereo
    Stereo (2 [L-4]):
    Firebringer, Arrow
    Arrow (1 [L-5]):
    Quick
    BananaCucho (2 [L-4]):
    PowersThatBe, Mesk514

Ya highlight it then click copy, then click paste :P

Try clicking towards the bottom right ish.
    I need to be honest with myself and accept I'll be doing jackshit for the rest of the night.

I've got the day off tomorrow, so I should be able to give the game some more love tomorrow. Expect great things from me.

Nighty night.
    I thought it was weird you'd cc like that. Vigi shooting false CCs is like mafia 101.

The plays man, the plays.
    Digging myself deeper by saying this probably, but SJ is completely right. Even if vigi cannot kill Arrow, we can just lynch him tomorrow. Your instincts may tell you to grab this lynch and not let it go, but he's not going to go anywhere over this daycycle. The only difference is, in the event that he isn't godfather, we can squeeze pressuring out of an extra day cycle.

Besides, this is a wayyy more effective way to use our vigilante - rather than crossing our fingers and hoping, whoever they may be, that their reads are good lol.

In short, we should be trying to find a 2nd scum today to lynch instead.
    The difference is then we're depending on an anonymous player we do not know the identity of, and may choose to do whatever the fuck they want rather than what the town mandates. Personally, I'd shoot based off personal decision rather than who town has assigned to me if I was vig, if I felt the town was fucking nuts.
    At least let me ISO stereo before EOD, if it hasn't already been done.
    I voted him, then, while I was working over the day, I came to realize that what I had initially scumread him with was off-base, and I was just assuming he'd be a certain player because his name was red. Ik it looked like a few posts from your perspective, but from my perspective it was half a day.

Honestly, I still wouldn't have wanted to vote him today given what he had said so far. I wanted to get on and have a conversation with him, and see if I could draw some light out of him. I was gonna try and guilt-trip him (with appeals to honor and responsibility n shit) to do a partial ISO on Stereo/FB/unknown then talk to him about the ISO. At that point if I was still unable to get him to draw something out of him, I would have given up.

If we were scumbuddies, I'd have no reason to coach him in the daychat when I can just coach him at night. Furthermore, I'm capable of defending people in more nuanced ways if I wish to. You're underestimating me lol.

Surely this isn't so surprising, given you also seemed to get the same inexplicable "exploitable town" vibe from him too? Maybe we sympathize with the helpless LOL
    You're gonna be around until EOD, right? Let me catchup, ISO stereo, and then let the day end. Even if you're gonna hammer him eventually, surely you can't argue with that?
    You're the one who seems to think the town is nuts tbh :P
    "Hey guys, I'm just gonna leave the nuclear launch codes right in this dustbin.

It's not up to me who uses them, if anyone does. I'm just leaving them here in case we need early access to them against Russia or some other threat my delusional paranoia has created."

Seriously man, that vile PL has taken its toll on your sanity XD
    @Stereo please puke all your reads, if you're town. You're quite a calculated player and if you die in vain as town it would be a shame.

Don't forget the "because"'s, even if your "because"'s end up being vague because you can't find exact posts.
    And, obviously, if your reads are golden you can probably save yourself.
    Spoiler : DW drama :

tl;dr: this drama accomplished very little, in terms of getting reads on Stereo.

There was little scummy about Stereo's response to the questionnaire. Responses 1 and 3 are very sincere-sounding, responses 4 and 5 are simply jokes appealing to self-deprecation and perversion. There is nothing to suggest these jokes were made to sympathy whore as scum / get on people's good side - as Stereo has made it clear he has a genuine strange side:

Response 2 looks strange in isolation, but the explanation that he simply didn't know how to answer feels more believable than the explanation that he was deliberately withholding information to try and dodge contradictions. If he wanted to withhold information, he could simply not respond to the questionnaire, and enter the forumchat through another conversation starter.

As a result of this, few viable scumreads can be directly derived from how he defended himself, as his defense was completely sound lol.

Spoiler : Stereo "overacting town" :

tl;dr: Stereo's "overacting town" this game parallels his scum meta and seems to be the opposite of his town meta.

Stereo is quite the actor. He's got a thing for sprinkling in a bit of drama, and he's very good at adopting a town tone. In Stereo's last scum game, he put on such a compelling town voice that he completely convinced Calix he was town, and drew in many other good players.

Here are some cases of Stereo "sprinkling dat drama" in this game:

Short, rhythm-breaking response of "only if I were scum" to DW's bragging, "Depriving town of a voter" <--Dramatic phrasing

juxtaposition of expectations of a townsperson and actual reads as a scum to emphasize injustice, "I am being prosecuted" <--Dramatic phrasing

This leads me to scumread him more, in this game, because it's like he's making an effort to put on a show of being town. In contrast, when I played with him on Wheels of the Bus, he didn't sprinkle in the sort of Reagan-y (or Bush-y) voice of purity that he's doing now.

In fact, he even made a point of repeatedly talking about how he "wishes he was scum" and did an ironically bad job of "pretending not to be scum" in the Wheels on the Bus game, literally mocking his own "town overacting".

(softing scum by referencing his opening to the scumgame he won)

These posts (partially cut in places) make up over half of Stereo's posts on d1 of Wheels on the Bus.

This towngame is literally the opposite of his scumgame, and what he's doing this game. It's as if he feels a degree of cynicism about his own acting here lol. Yet he's completely returned to using that same acting unironically this game.

To reiterate, I'm not really scumreading him for using rhetoric, or even being melodramatic about acting town. I'm mainly scumreading him for repeatedly using this kind of "melodramatic town-claim" or "over-acting town" when his meta tells us this is entirely scummy of him.

Spoiler : Other things I found on d1 :

He opposed the AR PL, believing there would be a replace:

only to flip in support of the AR lynch:

It's as if he realized the train was actually viable/popular and flipped to follow the majority. You could argue he realized AR wouldn't be replaced anytime soon and changed his mind without saying anything, however.

Again, he never actually states why people should vote AR. This makes it weird he's "conflicted" when he's clearly stating SJ is a real lynch based on suspicion rather than the AR PL. It's like he's trying to appeal to both sides by acting more "balanced", or feigning internal conflict to look more towny. Again, it looks like Stereo-typical acting (heheh).

Completes transition to SJ.

Honestly, I read this kind of careless play as more town than scum - While logically this secures a mislynch for scum, any individual scum would be highly self-conscious of the attention this draws. Of course, if one is careless as town and cuts day short, they can also be careless as scum and mistakenly draw attention.

NM of a flipflop from the SJ vote, given the post SJ made and the steam the SJ train was losing, but definitely a sheep vote.

Spoiler : Stereo d2 :

If Stereo and Arrow are scumbuddies, this is quite a striking interaction. Bussing, I guess? I generally wouldn't so brazenly challenge my scumbuddies to vote me while they try to throw small shade lol. On the other hand, Stereo may be aware Arrow's vote holds little strength.

Another ambivalent post. Can be read as a sincere town wanting to milk the day, or a scum stalling. Of course, people don't really need to be told they should try to use most of the day, so this can be seen as taking easy brownie points.

This is a little weird because of what he says next:

This implies he doesn't have a good TPR claim to get him out of this sticky situation, but if that's so why did he show reluctance to claim above?

Looks like he was just bouncing between different role-softs to try and scavenge some townreads lol.

In summary, his flipflopping on softclaims and opinions and my overanalytical meta read suggest he's a reasonably strong scumread, but I can't deny that a determined man could dredge a townread out of him somehow.
    Okay, that's my wallpost-that-noone-will-read of the game. All posts beyond this point will be less than 150 characters.
    Ever stop to consider how, with games like these, someone could literally collect all the posts together and make a slim novel, purely due to how many words there are?

It would be a terrible read mind you, but... Holy shit lol.
    The emotions I feel right now can only be expressed through gifs, gifs I do not know how to upload.

SEE GUYS?!?! THAT 10% WINRATE IS JUST A COINCIDENCE!!! I AM ACTUALLY VERY GOOD AT THIS GAME AS TOWN!!!

YOU PEASANTS HAVE SIMPLY FAILED TO UNDERSTAND MY SLICK PLAYS. QUICK PLAYS THIS GAME ALOT AND APPROVES OF ME, WHICH MEANS THE REST OF YOU MUST TOO.

*sniff*

It looks pretty set-in-stone that Arrow's getting lynched today. Stereo still has to respond to the very real threat of a vigi-shooting, however, so he can't afford to bail on that readdump right now.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. There's no point in me placing a vote if the train will definitely go through anyway, right?

=3
    I'm surprised the healer didn't choose Quick. I thought everyone had him pegged as a well-contributing townread on n1... Meh...

@Unknown1234 @Mesk514 Seriously guys, you barely played yesterday. I know it's a busy game and y'all have busy lives, but could you at least read the last 20 pages (maybe ignoring the wallposts if you can't be arsed) and contribute something?
    The healer heals for two days. So the heal the healer placed on n1 will still be active on n2.
    That's why I was reading where the heal was in the context of how people were read on n1.
    Regardless of whether this is true, how would me being a hypocrite be "suspicious"?

I have to go to bed 4/5 hours before lynch, so you better not save these plays you plan to make for the last hour of the day.
    I think whether you are or aren't on a confirmed scum train (once the scum is already confirmed) is pretty NAI, tbh. Everyone was aware Arrow was dying no matter what, so the idea of a scum not-voting to try and save him is kind of crazy. I'm interested to see what your "analysis" would entail :P
    Bear in mind also that the godfather is investigation immune, so this "confirmed town" won't be fully confirmed. Furthermore, if we are unlucky with our coinflip and kill the consig first then his check will never be confirmed at all. His green-check won't even raise the probability that his target is town.
    Nevermind - investigation immmune goes when Omega dies. My bad. Man that's confusing lol.
    Lol.
    Tryhards :P
    Anyway, my read on Mesk has only grown from a slight townread to a townread. Her reaction to Gyrlander criticizing her lack of contribution seemed pretty natural, even if I disagree with her actual scumread on Gyrlander.

I feel like BC deserves a townread. I haven't seen a good case built against her for why she's scummy. It looks like she's been focused on being a good little townie all game.

If FB flips town, I definitely wouldn't want a followup of vig shooting BC, nor do I relate to SJ's reasoning on the matter. Why didn't he propose a BC-Mesk? Or a FB-Unknown? He seems to scumread me too, so even a FB-yzb may make some sense. Pls elaborate SJ.
    *sniff, sniff* I smell the pungent scent of sweat in the air. Looks like someone's tryharding today.
    CC's are more a good thing than a bad thing though, because it forces it into a 50/50, rather than swimming through a flood cit-claims to find the one scum, right?
    Yes, day has been extended by 24 hours.
    That's a kinda wackjob conspiracy theory, tbh. SJ seemed to sincerely believe having the vigi do the kill was wiser. Furthermore, no-one thought about the potential sheriff confirmation on d3 all the way back during d2. This is only conceivable now in retrospect, when we're actually thinking about this from a d3 perspective.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

11. ISO #1911

12. ISO #1912

13. ISO #1913

I'm sorry but it's not a wack job conspiracy theory if he's the alpha wolf. That would be a great scum play. So we should look at pre flip associations post flip?
    Shut up cow.

14. ISO #1914

15. ISO #1915

16. ISO #1916

I don't think your pressure will fill me with the same heart-wrenching anxiety that Calix or DarknessB are capable of, but I'll make do I guess.

WTF?! WHY ARE YOU EVEN CONSIDERING ME AS A SCUMREAD AT THIS POINT?!?!

*heavy breathing*
    There is a Difference :P I can stop tunnelling and reanalyse.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

17. ISO #1917

I'm sorry but it's not a wack job conspiracy theory if he's the alpha wolf. That would be a great scum play. So we should look at pre flip associations post flip?
    Even if he did flip Alpha Wolf, I'd still consider it implausible he was thinking so far ahead when he proposed that vigi kill thing. His open condescension towards the towns who didn't agree with his strategy implies he really thought it was the best move for town.

But even if he did think all of this in the moments following Arrow's lynch, there's still easier ways to figure out if SJ is scum, surely. Finding scums through this kind of thinking is like trying to open a tin of tuna with your testicles.

18. ISO #1918

Examples Below of yzb25 tutoring the weaker scum.

This is the wrong attitude to have. This is more about having an argument than actually finding scum on page 2. That aside, however, this kind of "we can't be sure of our scumreads" attitude can be applied to basically the entire game - not just page 3. To put it bluntly, this is a very defeatist attitude to have, and quite the non-opinion. I don't like it.

This is different from BC and Mesk being like "wtf this is page 1", because Mesk and BC simply found quick to be obnoxious / overanalytical to the point of being ridiculous, which is not the same as Arrow making this defeatist non-point.

Judging by the fact pretty much noone seemed to reply to this and it kinda faded into obscurity (I'm on page 80) this subtle defeatist non point seemed to do its job, if Arrow is scum, and was a pretty useless contribution, if Arrow is town.
    @Gyrlander tbf people have said a lot of stuff now. You've gotta have some thoughts on some people by now. Give us a bit of good ol' stream of consciousness where you puke your thoughts and feelings about how people seem scummy or not.

Where has @SuperJack gone? He started out with some decent scumhunting but has since disappeared. His activity is still way higher than mine but I swear he said he'd be checking in throughout the day. SJ, are you eyeing anyone other than PTB?

I think Anass has enough votes to get the idea at this point. I'd rather place my vote somewhere more productive.

Hmm.

-vote Arrow

You've still barely posted any developed thoughts. Sure, it's only d1, but it's been a big d1. Even if I didn't scumread you a little, this would still make sense as a Policy Lynch.

One of us has to die today, why shouldn't it be you?
    So you do have thoughts. Glad you got to the crux of my problem with you. I like you.

-unvote

Keep giving lots of thoughts pls, even if they seem shit, and we will have a compassionate and healthy relationship.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

19. ISO #1919

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Anyone else getting Tutoring scum vibes from yzb25 to arrow?
    The paternal tones are not a misread. But that's different man.

There is a Difference :P I can stop tunnelling and reanalyse.
    For fuck's sake it's like you don't want drama and just want town to work together to develop their understanding and make informed decisions.

It's like you've missed the point of Mafia.

20. ISO #1920

21. ISO #1921

22. ISO #1922

@yzb25

You can stop with the sarcastic replies, and divulging on game mechanics and go scum hunt whilst I investigate you and go do house chores.
    I'll stop infesting the thread with my shitposting - lord knows this game has enough of that - but I can't be bothered to scumhunt tonight. I'll ISO fb tomorrow... It's a Sunday after all...

23. ISO #1923

Okay, this really isn't going nowhere.

I have some information that may help, and I guess I have to reveal it now since I mentioned it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

24. ISO #1924

25. ISO #1925

No you aren't LOL I AM get the fuck out.

-vote Tzb25
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

26. ISO #1926

Even if he did flip Alpha Wolf, I'd still consider it implausible he was thinking so far ahead when he proposed that vigi kill thing. His open condescension towards the towns who didn't agree with his strategy implies he really thought it was the best move for town.

But even if he did think all of this in the moments following Arrow's lynch, there's still easier ways to figure out if SJ is scum, surely. Finding scums through this kind of thinking is like trying to open a tin of tuna with your testicles.
    Clearly you don't know Sj and his ability to read his allies role cards. If I was alpha I would make it so my omega was killed at night, so I could have that investigative shield for another night. Then I would have pushed a stereo lynch today since he was second most scum read after arrow in a few people's minds. So if I make it so arrow is killed at night, I get another 100% garuanteed mislynch the next day and have a higher probability of taking out sheriff or vigi the next night.

So where I assume everyone is smarter than they appear, you assume they are stupider? Did I not accuse arrow of playing up his precieved weakenesses and that's what it turned out to be? I was accused of creating a meta and reading too deep, but it turns out it was exactly what he was doing. So the implausiblilty of arrow being a very smart alpha are not far fetched. Banana said day 2 that the scum are being led by a very strong leader. I'd say jack fits that discription. But I can't force anyone to listen.
    Shut up cow.

27. ISO #1927

-vote Yzb25

28. ISO #1928

29. ISO #1929

I am the sheriff, not you. I would love to hear your explanation though, but I had a feeling you were scum, which is exactly why I checked you and was waiting to see what you claimed. That was easy.

30. ISO #1930

So what's the info. who did each of you "check" and their role/alignment whatever
    Shut up cow.

31. ISO #1931

I CHECKED UNKNOWN N1, WHICH IS WHY I'VE BEEN THROWING SHADE ON HIM AND FEELING LIKE I SCUMREAD HIM, BUT MY INVESTIGATION MADE ME TOO INSECURE TO PUSH A TRAIN ON HIM

ON N2, I CHECKED MESK because I found her slot to be too difficult to read, even if I did have her pegged as a townread.

I did a shit attempt at crumbing this by asking Unknown not to do his gambit shit while I was asleep, and by asking both Unknown and Mesk to contribute more.

32. ISO #1932

I CHECKED UNKNOWN N1, WHICH IS WHY I'VE BEEN THROWING SHADE ON HIM AND FEELING LIKE I SCUMREAD HIM, BUT MY INVESTIGATION MADE ME TOO INSECURE TO PUSH A TRAIN ON HIM

ON N2, I CHECKED MESK because I found her slot to be too difficult to read, even if I did have her pegged as a townread.

I did a shit attempt at crumbing this by asking Unknown not to do his gambit shit while I was asleep, and by asking both Unknown and Mesk to contribute more.
    They both came up as town, if that wasn't obvious.

33. ISO #1933

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I am the sheriff, not you. I would love to hear your explanation though, but I had a feeling you were scum, which is exactly why I checked you and was waiting to see what you claimed. That was easy.
    I should have just pretended I never saw those results LOL.

TFW When ur superpowers erode your ability to scumhunt

34. ISO #1934

Why does this not surprise me that you claim to check me though, my own stupidity for hinting my role too early. No idea how to take it when you are actually claiming Sheriff.

I checked Mesk n1 because of how ridiculous her play was and for being my strongest scum-read. After I got a town result, I had really considered her being Alpha Wolf but I dropped it later on because I didnt believe that anymore.

Why would YOU check Mesk? It doesn't even make sense.

35. ISO #1935

If you are sheriff, why would you so blatantly crumb you were going to claim you had sheriff investigations at the start of the day? The whole point is you're subtle about pushing your target, right? If everyone works out what is going on then that destroys the point.

In the same way you were literally pretending to be subtle today, you made a point of pretending to defend Mesk d1.

36. ISO #1936

Because if I had a scum-check on you, I don't feel the need to hold this information from the town. The only thing I was waiting for was to see if I could see you as the Miller, but I definitely don't believe that you were targeted by the Shaman.

37. ISO #1937

Because if I had a scum-check on you, I don't feel the need to hold this information from the town. The only thing I was waiting for was to see if I could see you as the Miller, but I definitely don't believe that you were targeted by the Shaman.
    POD had Quick as a townread, and Quick had me as his strongest townread, so it's not that surprising if I was actually healed tbh. I have no idea what POD was thinking if he didn't heal Quick. Maybe PTB?

Anyway, beside the point, beside the point. There's no point stalling the 1v1 if you were just gonna crumb it like that. It's like you were just making an effort to make this claim look more natural lol.

The whole point of holding off the sheriff results is to throw some shade on me and see how people take it, then actually reveal and try to get reads on the people who defended me. You knew (I told you) that day had been extended by 24 hours, so you could have still guessed that some people hadn't caught on to your crumbing and tried to push your read. After all, you hadn't actually crumbed who your read was.

I reckon your consig checked me n1, and then when you found out I was sheriff you put this little scheme together heh.

38. ISO #1938

Well...I was hoping a Cc would happen today. Honestly I wrote yzb bc of his lack of contributions to last game too. I knew unknown had to be town when he said he had info earlier today.
    Shut up cow.

39. ISO #1939

Well...I was hoping a Cc would happen today. Honestly I wrote yzb bc of his lack of contributions to last game too. I knew unknown had to be town when he said he had info earlier today.
    Don't tell me you're on his side after he unsubtly pretended to be subtle... RIP

So this is why you find Unknown scum hard lol.

40. ISO #1940

41. ISO #1941

That doesn't even make sense, just because his town-read town-read you, doesn't mean at all that he would have protected you due to that. You barely even interacted to begin with.

You can try all you want to make me look bad, but it doesn't matter to me. If I'm lynched, the Vig shoots you and I am perfectly okay with being the first lynch if that's what it means. I made a mistake hinting my role, it gave you enough leeway to claim before I could because you knew what I was going to say.

42. ISO #1942

POD had Quick as a townread, and Quick had me as his strongest townread, so it's not that surprising if I was actually healed tbh. I have no idea what POD was thinking if he didn't heal Quick. Maybe PTB?

Anyway, beside the point, beside the point. There's no point stalling the 1v1 if you were just gonna crumb it like that. It's like you were just making an effort to make this claim look more natural lol.

The whole point of holding off the sheriff results is to throw some shade on me and see how people take it, then actually reveal and try to get reads on the people who defended me. You knew (I told you) that day had been extended by 24 hours, so you could have still guessed that some people hadn't caught on to your crumbing and tried to push your read. After all, you hadn't actually crumbed who your read was.

I reckon your consig checked me n1, and then when you found out I was sheriff you put this little scheme together heh.

Please, You have just joined PTB. Go Conspire together.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

43. ISO #1943

44. ISO #1944

That doesn't even make sense, just because his town-read town-read you, doesn't mean at all that he would have protected you due to that. You barely even interacted to begin with.

You can try all you want to make me look bad, but it doesn't matter to me. If I'm lynched, the Vig shoots you and I am perfectly okay with being the first lynch if that's what it means. I made a mistake hinting my role, it gave you enough leeway to claim before I could because you knew what I was going to say.
    What if I'm Alpha and I'm night-kill immune? Ik you're NK immune which means 3 towns could die in a row and the game would go to 2v1. Surely you should be worrying about the same thing?

45. ISO #1945

What if I'm Alpha and I'm night-kill immune? Ik you're NK immune which means 3 towns could die in a row and the game would go to 2v1. Surely you should be worrying about the same thing?
    YOU'RE NOT THINKING LIKE THE REAL SHERIFF (ME) SO YOU CAN'T BE THE REAL SHERIFF! A-HA!

Cracked gaem.

46. ISO #1946

47. ISO #1947

@yzb25
    @Unknown1234

I would like a list of your soft-claims/hints if you have any.

I would then like a list of your checks and why.

I would then like a list (ShortList) Starting from Scum, at the top being scumyiest too town, with a quick summery of why on each remaining alive player.

Then, I would like you to explain how the other is lying, or making too far extreme circumstances.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

48. ISO #1948

49. ISO #1949

50. ISO #1950