Game Over! - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Game Over!

1. ISO #201

Re: Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    So you don't want the site to improve and you want find to die?
    I'm not saying that. I'm stating that I am returning Silverwolf's negativity with my own negativity. We are all adults, we should be able to receive what we dish out.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    I didn't know you did it all by yourself. Thought it was a group effort.
    When did I say I did it by myself? I see a bunch of other names up there with mine, with most of those names doing more than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That's not WIFOM, though? The only WIFOM I did was asked for Doc.

If you say so. I mean, if you look @ post #1 it says I won.
    Right here crypt. As for the negativity you are an admin so you should still have the higher standard of having constructive critizicm even if silverwolf was being condescending when she wasn't to begin with

4. ISO #204

If you guys are so concerned about the health and well being of our site, then maybe you shouldn't respond to someone saying they thought you were scummy with:

We didn't play any different in those two games. Your reasons for your tunnel were the reasons we thought you were scum because they were terrible both times and you died without convincing anyone of your case or getting us lynched. Your WIFOM caused more confusion than it helped Town.
    and then getting angry when I point out your playstyle flaws in return. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

5. ISO #205

If you guys are so concerned about the health and well being of our site, then maybe you shouldn't respond to someone saying they thought you were scummy with:

and then getting angry when I point out your playstyle flaws in return. You gave your opinion, I gave mine.
    The thing is you just blanket statement that we played like crap or we had bad logic, you don't say post specific or anything that would objectively help. You as an admin and in charge of fms should care and still be held to the higher standard. When you stoop down to the level you are stating we are going you are allowing negativity to breed

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

That's where we differ. My playstyle is to be loud, get my thoughts out, encourage discussion. It's more fun to participate in day chat then try to win the game by Night Actions. That shit is boring as fuck.
    If all of a sudden I am having a low profile, then that would single me out.
    Second of all, scum is expecting Protectives to keep a low profile, so it's misleading.
    Thirdly, I think confirming Unknown as non-Mafia, stopping a NK, and encouraging discussion is a lot better than staying quiet all game in HOPES that a second kill gets prevented.

I think your thinking on how a Doctor should be played is deeply flawed. A person should not lay low, all the rest of Town should step up to the higher level to give the Doctor the place to hide. Unknown, Sino, Firebringer did a good job in doing that, imo. They were active enough that I could hide among them.

If you're wondering why I claimed Doctor, it's because people had cast suspicion on me. With this type of suspicion, no one would bother listening to my opinions on things, and that would discourage me from talking; if I talk less after having people suspicious of me, then that makes me appear scummy. I appear scummy, I get voted. I claim Doctor. I get night killed.
    Yea, maybe I could've gone an extra day without claiming, but I already did my job.
    You can in fact change your meta, I have done it. Its best to have multiple tools in your arsenal, not just playing to be the loudest voice. I agree you should play the thread and NA come secondary, but you should be factoring in what role you are on how you play itt. Now if you have a game that is mostly dictated by NAs, then that is what gets talked about itt. That said, I think there were too many PRs in the game.

But it doesn't even matter what Scum expect a Doc to play like, that is beyond what I am talking about. So while, yes, you can theory craft and say "Scum expects X so i will do Y" it really doesn't get you as far as some might think. And you can create plenty of discussion without being the top poster. Its about quality over quantity in this regard. Furthermore, I am not saying you should lurk as Doc, that would be counter intuitive. What I am suggesting is that the PRs fall about in the middle of the pack for number of posts. Also, if someone is being active and you expect Town to post more then that is flawed. Town has no idea who is Town and who is Scum. So that means they really don't know who to cover for and who not to cover for. And lets not forget that your account was anonymous. So there is no reason to worry about what your meta is.

Lastly, I will admit that if serious suspicion were to fall on you, you def need to claim, but that is true for any PR, but especially for you since you could clear someone. but to forgo giving up up your role is a wise idea, especially when you could do more good with more attempts to save. If you stay alive long enough, your role alone gives a lot of super useful info to town on who was attacked and who was not. And I am talking about prevention here, not what happened after people already were Sus of you.

Granted, I didn't play a very good game either because I got lynched so early. So if anyone has any pointers for me, I'm all ears.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

8. ISO #208

Then why insult ika?
    I'm not insulting anybody. That is my opinion on his playstyle. You two insist on sharing a slot, so I can't comment on one without commenting on the other. You can agree or disagree with my opinion, which is your right. But I also have a right to my opinion, especially when you first offer your opinion on me.

You're right, maybe I shouldn't have stooped to your level of negativity.

9. ISO #209

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    You can in fact change your meta, I have done it. Its best to have multiple tools in your arsenal, not just playing to be the loudest voice. I agree you should play the thread and NA come secondary, but you should be factoring in what role you are on how you play itt. Now if you have a game that is mostly dictated by NAs, then that is what gets talked about itt. That said, I think there were too many PRs in the game.

But it doesn't even matter what Scum expect a Doc to play like, that is beyond what I am talking about. So while, yes, you can theory craft and say "Scum expects X so i will do Y" it really doesn't get you as far as some might think. And you can create plenty of discussion without being the top poster. Its about quality over quantity in this regard. Furthermore, I am not saying you should lurk as Doc, that would be counter intuitive. What I am suggesting is that the PRs fall about in the middle of the pack for number of posts. Also, if someone is being active and you expect Town to post more then that is flawed. Town has no idea who is Town and who is Scum. So that means they really don't know who to cover for and who not to cover for. And lets not forget that your account was anonymous. So there is no reason to worry about what your meta is.

Lastly, I will admit that if serious suspicion were to fall on you, you def need to claim, but that is true for any PR, but especially for you since you could clear someone. but to forgo giving up up your role is a wise idea, especially when you could do more good with more attempts to save. If you stay alive long enough, your role alone gives a lot of super useful info to town on who was attacked and who was not. And I am talking about prevention here, not what happened after people already were Sus of you.

Granted, I didn't play a very good game either because I got lynched so early. So if anyone has any pointers for me, I'm all ears.
    But I don't want to change my meta, I play to enjoy myself the most. What is the point of playing if I'm not having fun? Also, I am a believer that every role should be played the same. Play as if you are Citizen regardless of your role, alignment, ect.
    You played fine, you just needed to post more and get more involved. We had a fast paced game in our Universe, so it was really biased against middle-of-the-road activity in players. Lurkers and highly active players definitely got a pass.

10. ISO #210

Quick, you didn't do that bad, but missing an entire day didn't help and you completely trapped the Doctor in a corner at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

11. ISO #211

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Quick, you didn't do that bad, but missing an entire day didn't help and you completely trapped the Doctor in a corner at that point.
    I didn't really feel trapped by him, to be honest. I mean, he should've realized that it was more than likely a self-solving problem (me claiming doctor, that is). But I didn't feel like he caused my to do anything that I wouldn't have done anyway.

12. ISO #212

What I mean is, by saying "if the doctor survives, lynch him" it is basically doing the job for scum by guaranteeing a TPR role to die.

I don't mean it in a sense of forcing you to reveal.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

13. ISO #213

I also think you souldn't have asked for other people to claim doc Quick, of course you probably wanted citizens to claim doc to take the bullet for WC, but it might also be used by the scum.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

14. ISO #214

What I mean is, by saying "if the doctor survives, lynch him" it is basically doing the job for scum by guaranteeing a TPR role to die.

I don't mean it in a sense of forcing you to reveal.
    Oh yea, but I liked him saying that. I thought it might give me enough WIFOM to survive the night lmao

15. ISO #215

Crypt did you just decide not to heal anyone? Also WIFOM in that sense would be okay, but given he actually wanted to it's ineffective and gives scum a chance to take out a more important role in the Universe they have control in.

16. ISO #216

Crypt did you just decide not to heal anyone? Also WIFOM in that sense would be okay, but given he actually wanted to it's ineffective and gives scum a chance to take out a more important role in the Universe they have control in.
    No, I tried to heal you again because I assumed that I was getting shot or someone in other Universe was, and you were confirmed non-Mafia to me.

Yea, I say I appreciate it now; but I probably would be angry with him if I did live through the night lmao.

17. ISO #217

But I don't want to change my meta, I play to enjoy myself the most. What is the point of playing if I'm not having fun? Also, I am a believer that every role should be played the same. Play as if you are Citizen regardless of your role, alignment, ect.
    You played fine, you just needed to post more and get more involved. We had a fast paced game in our Universe, so it was really biased against middle-of-the-road activity in players. Lurkers and highly active players definitely got a pass.
    Playing the same every game is a viable strategy, but only if people know your meta. OTOH, you can play differently every game. I know for me myself (at least on other forums) I have to play middle of the road no matter my role because if I don't, I get lynched. I still haven't really figured out how I should play here. There are some differences here than that of other places I have played. I used to be top poster every single game, but now I am not. Some people were telling me I need to let the thread breath a little before commenting on everything possible that happens itt. I have an intuitive grasp now of how much I should be posting and I don't really think about it any more, at least not consciously. That last part is one example of the way this forum is a whole lot different than other forums I have played. Usually it is the opposite of that elsewhere.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

18. ISO #218

Badass said you didn't heal lol.

Also someone said I was DOCTOR?

19. ISO #219

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I also think you souldn't have asked for other people to claim doc Quick, of course you probably wanted citizens to claim doc to take the bullet for WC, but it might also be used by the scum.
    I will pretty much always ask if people are going to CC or not. Its just a precautionary measure I have taken so that people don't claim the same thing on a different game day. Its basically just instinct. I've seen games where people claim the same thing that someone else claims on a different day and it never ends well if they are town.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

20. ISO #220

Badass said you didn't heal lol.

Also someone said I was DOCTOR?
    Yea, because heals come after kills

21. ISO #221

Quick, when you are town, there really is no limit to how much you should say.

22. ISO #222

Yea, because heals come after kills
    I think Matt answered the question wrong then.

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

Quick, when you are town, there really is no limit to how much you should say.
    Not true. If you hold off on saying something, it can be a way of Town hunting. If someone brings up what you would have said, there is a good chance that they are thinking similarly to you and can be evidence that they are Town trying to solve the game. There is such thing as posting too much. You don't want to dominate the thread too much or you can actually stifle content that you are not bringing up. In other words there is a threshold where posting too much actually damages Towns chances of winning. There is an optimal amount of post any given person can make to be helpful in solving the game. I have a feeling that @Sino is someone who might be familiar with this line of thinking. If he's around maybe he can comment more on it if he knows what I am talking about.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

25. ISO #225

Not true. If you hold off on saying something, it can be a way of Town hunting. If someone brings up what you would have said, there is a good chance that they are thinking similarly to you and can be evidence that they are Town trying to solve the game. There is such thing as posting too much. You don't want to dominate the thread too much or you can actually stifle content that you are not bringing up. In other words there is a threshold where posting too much actually damages Towns chances of winning. There is an optimal amount of post any given person can make to be helpful in solving the game. I have a feeling that @Sino is someone who might be familiar with this line of thinking. If he's around maybe he can comment more on it if he knows what I am talking about.
    yeah, iirc, i got a town feeling at the beginning of the game that way on WC i think.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

26. ISO #226

Not true. If you hold off on saying something, it can be a way of Town hunting. If someone brings up what you would have said, there is a good chance that they are thinking similarly to you and can be evidence that they are Town trying to solve the game. There is such thing as posting too much. You don't want to dominate the thread too much or you can actually stifle content that you are not bringing up. In other words there is a threshold where posting too much actually damages Towns chances of winning. There is an optimal amount of post any given person can make to be helpful in solving the game.
    I sort of agree that spam posting stifles discussion but I always enjoy games more when people are active and engaged. Look at our universe. Wildcard, Unknown, and Sino were the most active and not only were they universally townread, but pretty much unlynchable.

27. ISO #227

I sort of agree that spam posting stifles discussion but I always enjoy games more when people are active and engaged. Look at our universe. Wildcard, Unknown, and Sino were the most active and not only were they universally townread, but pretty much unlynchable.
    yeah, and that is a difference from at least one forum that I have played on. At PerC, my homesite, people who post the most are usually lynched or NKed first. I agree that the more people who are active the more fun the game is. Ofc there are some people who lurk as a playstyle, but its not the norm and comes with issues.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

28. ISO #228

I like that you attempted to capitalize on WildCard day 2, it was smart. Woulda been best if you joined me with Sino day 1, coulda been your break before I changed my mind.

29. ISO #229

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Thanks for the help and the win, @Gerik and @Brendan . I wish I could've contributed more in the early days...need to try and get whatever hit me on N4 and bring it to N1.
    Yeah I definitely agree that you played better towards the end. As a citizen you just have an inherent information disadvantage that you have to overcome to play well. Most of your reads have to come from analyzing discussion and interaction.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

32. ISO #232

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    Thanks man, so did you. Last game I played that you were town in which sticks out in my mind was FM 16 where you made one of my all time favorite FM posts "It's ya boi Kermit wit da daily post". You've come a long way from then. lol

I also really enjoyed how everyone's opinion on us changed over the course of the game. I went from everyone's scum read day 1 to pretty much confirmed town on like day 2, and you went from being seen as super scummy to being a solid town-read as well. I had you pegged as the vig too except the brief moment where you gave me a heart attack in my grave at the end there.
    LOL. Yeah I tried to put myself in a place where I was still contributing, but could still be seen as a possible lynch/scum so I wouldn't be targeted. Our universe was kind of boring compared to the other.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

33. ISO #233

Ours was interesting? Also you guys failed us when Firebringer got lynched. That entire day was an upset.

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

BTW Good job Brendan. Very impressive
    Esp for you
    Dude FM-16 I got cucked by yayap. I didn't feel like typing up a real summary to give him so I stuck with my character in my pm and I guess he didn't like that.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

Who is Almost Late? That kid insulted me in another universe.

38. ISO #238

Also, I am a believer that every role should be played the same. Play as if you are Citizen regardless of your role, alignment, ect.
    Strongly agree. There are some exceptions, and I like to switch up my playstyle a bit from time to time, but I generally follow this rule and it usually works out pretty well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Wtf happened here
    Turns out Universe Prime was a shitshow lol

Alternate Universe is best universe

39. ISO #239

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    LOL. Yeah I tried to put myself in a place where I was still contributing, but could still be seen as a possible lynch/scum so I wouldn't be targeted. Our universe was kind of boring compared to the other.
    Yeah that's pretty much my general FM startegy regardless of my role. It worked out pretty well for you there. And yeah it's fun reading the prime universe chat in comparison to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Dude FM-16 I got cucked by yayap. I didn't feel like typing up a real summary to give him so I stuck with my character in my pm and I guess he didn't like that.
    lmao

40. ISO #240

Who is Almost Late? That kid insulted me in another universe.
    That was Gamefreak, i don't know who Brendan was though.

We're the ones who actually got to lynch a scum
    -vote Sino

41. ISO #241

Fuck it's sad, but true.
    We spent 42 hours one day discussing if we were made Prime because we were better, or if we were made Prime to make us feel better because we're insecure.

42. ISO #242

Lol, we won the 5 vote tie. Probably worked out for the best though, because we didn't have the Vigi.

We waiting on Arcchitect Chats and Mafia chat?

43. ISO #243

Brendan was Yes.

44. ISO #244

45. ISO #245

Brendan was Yes.

To be fair, we had one on the chopping block day 4, but you guys out-voted us. Which, by the way, was only by the grace of YOUR MAJESTY HIMSELF AKA THE MAYOR (AKA ME). So, you're welcome.

Fuck it's sad, but true.
    We spent 42 hours one day discussing if we were made Prime because we were better, or if we were made Prime to make us feel better because we're insecure.
    LOL omg that sounds amazing now I have to read this

46. ISO #246

If you are re-reading, day two is really boring and spent most of the day talking about Cryptonic

47. ISO #247

LOL omg that sounds amazing now I have to read this
    Lol no I was just kidding, but it wasn't that much better.
    We did have like 1-2 hours talking about assumptions and assumptions of assumptions. Was such a pointless conversation.

48. ISO #248

"Stfu I'm a confirmable TPR".

49. ISO #249

Lol no I was just kidding, but it wasn't that much better.
    We did have like 1-2 hours talking about assumptions and assumptions of assumptions. Was such a pointless conversation.
    Damn, you got my hopes up.

Might still check out that assumption-ception (assum-ception?) convo though.

50. ISO #250