S-FM 214 Mean Girls - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 214 Mean Girls

you are actually going all out on me by making something more extreme than it needs to be. You have yet to realize that your contribution is more important than what Suntax did or what I feel he did that was scummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

2. ISO #252

I need to sleep it's 1. I don't like Matt's attitude I think it's way more hostile than his usual Town self but that's just my opinion. I'll catch up tomorrow.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

3. ISO #253

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    Everyone has to analyze. Scum have to analyze or at least attempt it in order to appear townie.

Look, you replaced into a pretty bad slot. I'm probably going to keep voting you unless a better case appears against another player. The case is:

1. Suntax admits he's on the mafia

2. Suntax says he is rusty in an attempt to pre-empt errors in a display of scum-guilt

Unknown presents some reasoning on why he doesn't like this:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643927
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643932
    I present some reasoning on why I don't like this:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post643945

3. Suntax is really blendy with his "just checking in" post which seems like scum trying to stay under the radar and post just enough to coast through the day

@MattZed if not you then who should we lynch today and why.
    You are still arguing that Suntax, in a mere two sentences, made a post so clearly damning that he must be scum and should be lynched at once. Your argument is simultaneously bad and opportunistic. Really, it's only now that you noticed an alleged scumslip? That's not evaluating a slot; that's looking at who you want to make a case against and simply figuring out how you could make it.

I don't trust you, and I'm not going to continue playing this game of defending an introductory post I didn't make that you and Unknown have unreasonably tunneled into. I've already stated that we should lynch Unknown, and I've already stated why.

There is no way in hell you two are both town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I need to sleep it's 1. I don't like Matt's attitude I think it's way more hostile than his usual Town self but that's just my opinion. I'll catch up tomorrow.
    I don't let scum go when I think I've found them, and if you really read my past games you would know that. (see: FF7)

Nice job just sliding in the discredit there but distancing from it with "just my opinion."

5. ISO #255

Reading this silly argument is funny. MattZed is turning my read of Suntax as a misrep of him. Instead of trying to be productive and doing he isn't doing what he should be doing as town. Such as...

A.) proving why I'm scum

Or

B.) Providing reads or scum-hunting

Instead he spent his time saying that I misrepresented him by arguing about a word and clinging to the fact that one post isn't enough to scum-read someone. I really don't see any reason for you to scum-read me, and I'm surprised you haven't commented elsewhere because I can name three people who had a read on me based on my first post. So tell me Mr.Zed, when are you going to pick up where Suntax left off and actually do something? Or are you scum and going to push your "Unknown misrepped me he's scum" theory.
    For one, the notion that productivity=town is bullshit and you know it.

Second, you misrep me by suggesting that I'm not productive. I have been scumhunting, and I've found you. "I really don't see any reason for you to scumread me." Really? READ ANY OF MY POSTS. I have directed several posts at you and Whad explaining my suspicions toward you. I came into this game three hours ago, and if you're going to say I haven't put effort into this game so far you're plainly distorting the facts.

6. ISO #256

The entire first paragraph relies on me having to know his entire background, and saying that I need to meta read him. If there is no meta read, I'm not going to do it and will instead go against what I believe to be scummy.

That being said, you have spent your entire time arguing with me and trying to full force discredit me. You haven't even considered anything else I've said, or the fact that me asking you that question was to get you engaged in discussion.
    Unknown, if you actually flip town, we're going to have a long conversation after this game about how to read people. As I've ranted in several other instances, "scummy" is just a lazy word that doesn't actually mean anything. If something indicates scum alignment, you have to actually make that case. A necessary part of that is arguing why a person would be more likely to do something as scum than as town. For instance, scum tend to act more like they know what's going on because they're informed, but a good town (and bullheaded bad town) will have reads and project a similar aura of confidence. Thus, acting confident isn't a scumtell because a town is very likely to do it as well.

You have not yet said why you believe Suntax wouldn't call himself rusty as town. You've merely asserted that he wouldn't. This is a necessary part of the argument.

7. ISO #257

8. ISO #258

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    what I liked that post in particulary? quite arousing.

you and second passing. You dont like my reasons well tuff shit broski I aint here to impress you drop the second K and maybe we can talk
    I don't like your reason either.
    -vote secondpassing
    omgus was real secondpassing and duck are scum gg
    You didn't bother to wonder why I omgus'd.
    And you're probably not going to even go back and look.

9. ISO #259

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I'm less here than you would believe. Just replaced in because Frog PM'ing me triggered an e-mail. I'm busy until later tonight.

No idea what you have against the FM god that is Suntax. Surely he couldn't have messed things up so much that you're going to hard scumread someone who needed a replacement.
    I appreciate the humility, but are you agreeing with what Suntax has said? Is it something you would have done?

I will grant you that inexperienced scum tend to have a guilt complex.

However, in order to scumread Suntax for saying something, you still need to make the claim "Suntax as scum is much more likely to say this than Suntax is as town." The notion of 'scum guilt' makes it plausible Suntax would claim to be rusty as scum, but you still need to assume that Suntax isn't going to claim to be 'rusty' as town, which is wrong. Suntax has a reputation of being shamed for being inactive in games. (he even abandoned hosting a game!!) At the end of the day, he'll want to not keep getting shamed, which means not letting his teammates down, regardless of alignment. Why would he bother apologizing in day chat when he would have a night chat to apologize to a scum ally? Unknown's argument, even if the non-overstated version you present it, doesn't prove what it claims to, and that bothers me.
    Suntax as scum is much more likely to lurk than if Suntax was town. I totally agree that if he was in a team, he would not want to let them down, BUT players feel more like in a team if they are on the scum team {personal experience}. Because they are on the scum team, they feel the need to appease more than a town usually does in most cases. Considering his personality, I think Suntax would act in this way {meta}. There is really all there is to go on right now. Aside from Suntax's opening post, your opening post, and a bunch of reactive comments, there is little to comment on concerning your slot.

You say it needs a defense. I though, find it odd that you are defending it instead of dismissing it.

You are still arguing that Suntax, in a mere two sentences, made a post so clearly damning that he must be scum and should be lynched at once. Your argument is simultaneously bad and opportunistic. Really, it's only now that you noticed an alleged scumslip? That's not evaluating a slot; that's looking at who you want to make a case against and simply figuring out how you could make it.

I don't trust you, and I'm not going to continue playing this game of defending an introductory post I didn't make that you and Unknown have unreasonably tunneled into. I've already stated that we should lynch Unknown, and I've already stated why.
    Whad has been slow concerning that. On the other hand, if the day would have to end in the next 5 minutes and I had all the vote power and marshall power, I would lynch Suntax.

You don't have to continue playing this game of defending an introductory post you didn't make as long as you comment on something else.

10. ISO #260

Seems to me like the argument isn't about whether playing town or scum requires skill; it's more about the mindset of both alignments. Most townies have a sort of self righteousness about them where they don't really care if they come across as a little bit scummy since they have the truth behind them and don't fear a cop check. Scum on the other hand may be more cautious to try to avoid being lynched and to avoid being checked. This caution manifests itself in subtle ways such as calling one's self "rusty" as a pre-emptive excuse of one's behavior. Scum guilt can result in a lot of pre-emptive excuses.
    I haven't pinned down Whad's alignment, but what she(?) is saying is that scum are a bit cautious.
    And I totally agree with this statement. To take it further, I believe that scum, being inherently the trash of the earth are made be gotten rid of.

That sense of exclusion makes people feel bad morally, and will affect their attitude in games.
    Some players (I think Suntax included) are more likely to replace out as scum because it is hard to do what is "wrong".

@MattZed

What scum-motivation does Unknown have for getting all argumentative about semantics of "rusty." And like, how is that more scummy than a lot of other behavior we've seen here. I don't understand your response to the "rusty" argument and I'm trying to understand it beyond the face value OMGUS.
    ^This. So much.
    I don't know if Unknown is emulating the way I read people or what, but I don't see why he would use this style if he was scum.
    Perhaps he would try to use an analysis style more easily agreed with as scum.
    Thus, I see Unknown as town.

11. ISO #261

Please explain how you've PoE'd someone as scum on D1 of a 9-player game. If you're town, how did you establish 6 townreads so quickly?
    This post. I hate it. Why are you trying to break town unity?

::

Also, are you going to say the counter argument? (i.e. Is Purebe town in your eyes? Is Eggy town in your eyes?)

12. ISO #262

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I appreciate the humility, but are you agreeing with what Suntax has said? Is it something you would have done?
    I don't really see what there is to "agree" with Suntax in his one post. I read it as a fluff post promising activity but not delivering.

Suntax as scum is much more likely to lurk than if Suntax was town. I totally agree that if he was in a team, he would not want to let them down, BUT players feel more like in a team if they are on the scum team {personal experience}. Because they are on the scum team, they feel the need to appease more than a town usually does in most cases. Considering his personality, I think Suntax would act in this way {meta}. There is really all there is to go on right now. Aside from Suntax's opening post, your opening post, and a bunch of reactive comments, there is little to comment on concerning your slot.
    I strongly disagree. Suntax is probably the most-replaced player in our site's history. A game he hosted had to be cancelled because he went AWOL. If memory serves, I led the first ever attempted policy lynch on this site, and it was against Suntax for always lurking out of games. The idea that he's more likely to lurk as scum simply isn't true.

You say it needs a defense. I though, find it odd that you are defending it instead of dismissing it.
    Basically everyone reads a lack of a defense as an admission to guilt. I would be doing my fellow town a disservice (by letting them scumread me for not responding) to not explain how poor Unknown's logic was.

Whad has been slow concerning that. On the other hand, if the day would have to end in the next 5 minutes and I had all the vote power and marshall power, I would lynch Suntax.

You don't have to continue playing this game of defending an introductory post you didn't make as long as you comment on something else.
    Frankly, I'm not really addressing the post anymore. I find the responses of Unknown and Whad to be much more interesting, and it's these that I've been commenting on.

15. ISO #265

This post. I hate it. Why are you trying to break town unity?

::

Also, are you going to say the counter argument? (i.e. Is Purebe town in your eyes? Is Eggy town in your eyes?)
    "Town Unity"? How do you know that Whad or any of their alleged townreads are in fact town? Whad is claiming that my slot is PoE'd into being scum, (although interestingly, they don't bring up this line of argument in summary post #245) which means they're confident enough to make 6 townreads, which is absolutely crazy at this stage in the game.

Unknown and Whad are my top two scumreads. Although now that you bring it up, the scummier of the two is becoming Whad for me. I would be incredibly surprised if they were both town. (and also if both scum, because spending both scum going after me this hard, knowing I'd flip town if they actually succeeded, is a far riskier move than they would need to make) Between the two, Whad really feels like the scum trying to buddy a town. He (she?) tries to explain Unknown's reasoning from a somewhat detached position, merely discussing what the argument is and not so much taking a position on it. Perhaps you need to be in my shoes of being pressured by these two to see it, but I very much get the feeling of Whad trying to buddy Unknown.

But it is more than that. The reasoning just looks fake. Doesn't bring up the PoE point since I questioned, doesn't notice an alleged scumslip until long after the fact, and doesn't adjust the "strategic lurker" read to account for the fact that Suntax actually got replaced out. It doesn't add up to a town trying to sincerely read my slot. He's not using his vote to pressure me into providing more information. He's pushing my lynch based off of Suntax's one post and won't hear anything to the contrary.

-vote Whad

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

Matt if your excuse for only considering/voting people accusing you is because you "caught scum" then I'm not impressed.

You literally have done NOTHING. I doubt you've read anything else I've said outside this argument because that seems to be the only thing you care about. You have done nothing else to make me believe you are Town, and yes I do find your play to be scummy right now. You are trying to take either of us down, and making it pretty clear that neither of us can be scum.

It's not a misrepresentation and it's actually really annoying to hear you say that because you really haven't done anything,

I already said why Rusty isn't something a town player would say. There is NO way you can be rusty at playing town.

Also, it doesn't matter when Whad picked up a slip really, it's still something to be considered.

18. ISO #268

Also, Mesk and Eggy have completely snuck out of the game recently. Not enjoying that.

19. ISO #269

20. ISO #270

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    -vote mattzed

Trust me. First and only time I will use the trust me logic.
    Does trust me involve some sort of explanation?

21. ISO #271

Does trust me involve some sort of explanation?
    It means if you are town have faith in me. I never do the whole "vote to lynch without reasoning" so if you either think its scummy of me or don't agree with voting someone because someone else says trust me then I don't blame you, but we will be missing on a hit.

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

24. ISO #274

I don't disagree with it, but more that I don't understand why YOU want it this badly.

25. ISO #275

@PLZLEAVEDUCKK makes his town play way to obvious compared to his scum play.

I'm also enjoying SPs play and reading them as town.

I did not like @Unknown1234 at the start. A Town player should never try and make themselves harder to read plus that sly vote on Stereo, is unknown going for the LHF, or is he just trying to make sure nobody lurks?

@Mesk514 Is giving me little warning signs. Will have too re-read when I get back.

@Whad I have to admit I've not read yet. Just skimmeed through.

@MattZed seems to be way too defensive over such a small attack.

Uh. Who Else is playing lol...

Oh @Eggy is being very aggresive, very offputting when trying to read him. But then again aggresiveness is a town tell

@purebe I feel like I am floating with what PLD is saying aout him

Also Breadcrumbing is allowed. Also insane bets that don't have to be kept.
    I bet everyone £100 that I will not drink tea today.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

It's connected to the desk.

Also, it was only the first few posts where I was being weird, but I was more mocking how people see me opposed to being difficult to read.

Other than that, any new updates on me?

31. ISO #281

Sorry I'm in between and during classes so I usually just poke at little things. Purebe is also unecessarily being lurkish too

32. ISO #282

Town:
    Duck
    Superjack
    Whad
    Mesk
    Unknown
    Secondpassing

Null:
    Purebe
    Eggy

Scum:
    Mattzed

I honestly think as long as the cop and n0 check are not within mz/eggy/pure town has auto. If I am wrong on anyone in my town circle it is mesk and then possibly unknown.

I think town was just too towny this game, and scum wasn't able to cause enough chaos/make townies look bad.

If I am correct it is 3 town voting on mattzed, mattzed scum is voting on a town, and eggy scum is voting a town.

33. ISO #283

There is no way in hell you two are both town.
    mattzed is town im wiiling to see unknown hang
    -vote unknown1234
    ur lucky duck ill b back for you soon

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

I don't really see what there is to "agree" with Suntax in his one post. I read it as a fluff post promising activity but not delivering.

I strongly disagree. Suntax is probably the most-replaced player in our site's history. A game he hosted had to be cancelled because he went AWOL. If memory serves, I led the first ever attempted policy lynch on this site, and it was against Suntax for always lurking out of games. The idea that he's more likely to lurk as scum simply isn't true.

Basically everyone reads a lack of a defense as an admission to guilt. I would be doing my fellow town a disservice (by letting them scumread me for not responding) to not explain how poor Unknown's logic was.

Frankly, I'm not really addressing the post anymore. I find the responses of Unknown and Whad to be much more interesting, and it's these that I've been commenting on.
    come on guys this is so obviously town mattzeds arguments are flawless

38. ISO #288

"Town Unity"? How do you know that Whad or any of their alleged townreads are in fact town? Whad is claiming that my slot is PoE'd into being scum, (although interestingly, they don't bring up this line of argument in summary post #245) which means they're confident enough to make 6 townreads, which is absolutely crazy at this stage in the game.

Unknown and Whad are my top two scumreads. Although now that you bring it up, the scummier of the two is becoming Whad for me. I would be incredibly surprised if they were both town. (and also if both scum, because spending both scum going after me this hard, knowing I'd flip town if they actually succeeded, is a far riskier move than they would need to make) Between the two, Whad really feels like the scum trying to buddy a town. He (she?) tries to explain Unknown's reasoning from a somewhat detached position, merely discussing what the argument is and not so much taking a position on it. Perhaps you need to be in my shoes of being pressured by these two to see it, but I very much get the feeling of Whad trying to buddy Unknown.

But it is more than that. The reasoning just looks fake. Doesn't bring up the PoE point since I questioned, doesn't notice an alleged scumslip until long after the fact, and doesn't adjust the "strategic lurker" read to account for the fact that Suntax actually got replaced out. It doesn't add up to a town trying to sincerely read my slot. He's not using his vote to pressure me into providing more information. He's pushing my lynch based off of Suntax's one post and won't hear anything to the contrary.

-vote Whad
    vote unknown with me buddy boy

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

Town:
    Duck
    Superjack
    Whad
    Mesk
    Unknown
    Secondpassing

Null:
    Purebe
    Eggy

Scum:
    Mattzed

I honestly think as long as the cop and n0 check are not within mz/eggy/pure town has auto. If I am wrong on anyone in my town circle it is mesk and then possibly unknown.

I think town was just too towny this game, and scum wasn't able to cause enough chaos/make townies look bad.

If I am correct it is 3 town voting on mattzed, mattzed scum is voting on a town, and eggy scum is voting a town.
    then vote me kiddo if your correct im scum. why not vote me?

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

Matt if your excuse for only considering/voting people accusing you is because you "caught scum" then I'm not impressed.

You literally have done NOTHING. I doubt you've read anything else I've said outside this argument because that seems to be the only thing you care about. You have done nothing else to make me believe you are Town, and yes I do find your play to be scummy right now. You are trying to take either of us down, and making it pretty clear that neither of us can be scum.

It's not a misrepresentation and it's actually really annoying to hear you say that because you really haven't done anything,

I already said why Rusty isn't something a town player would say. There is NO way you can be rusty at playing town.

Also, it doesn't matter when Whad picked up a slip really, it's still something to be considered.
    The things I'm adding to the list of "what we need to talk about if you flip town"...

Yes, you are misrepping me, and you're misrepping me HARD right now. If you're town, take an honest moment to reflect on what I'm telling without getting defensive and thinking "what no I'm not misrepping you stop trying to discredit me." You said I have done literally nothing, and this is plainly untrue. The fact that you disagree with me doesn't mean that I haven't made 20 posts of substantial arguments.

As for rustiness, no, you just asserted it. I've already told you why town can be rusty.

Also, Mesk and Eggy have completely snuck out of the game recently. Not enjoying that.
    This is a point I agree on.

-vote mattzed

Trust me. First and only time I will use the trust me logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I want to see MZ's defence in how he is being too defensive.

-vote MattZed

I'm also sheeping
    Yep, I'm being voted by sheep. Shame on both of you for not explaining any more.

To answer SJ's question, there is no such thing as too defensive. Town's first goal is to not get mislynched, which I'm actively pursuing. Second goal is to find scum, and third goal is to try to get the rest of town to lynch them. I would be surprised if you can't see how I'm pursuing these goals, and how a healthy level of defensiveness fits into them.

vote unknown with me buddy boy
    Whad is my main focus atm as I re-evaluate Unknown. Join on Whad, mate.

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300