S-FM 211 : Three Foes and a Stranger - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM 211 : Three Foes and a Stranger

Investigation Pairings :
    •Killer : Mafioso, Executioner, Serial Killer, Vigilante, Bodyguard.
    •Shady : Agent, Consort, Witch, Bus Driver, Detective, Lookout.
    •Charismatic : Godfather, Survivor, Mayor, Citizen.
    •Informative : Consigliere, Janitor, Sheriff, Investigator.
    Jester isn't in there. I think host has slipped that jester is not a role in this game.

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Everyone should be scumhunting all the time

-vote eggy
    I don't get why you voted someone who isn't even here yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

4. ISO #104

Stereo is a town read, in my newb days I would not lynch day 1 as town.
    I would agree that Stereo is currently a town-lean, but I disagree about why you say this. Using comparison to a newb is wrong, you don't know how they would play so how can you counter them?

To add on, if you want to do comparison I can say myself that I did not want to lynch at all in my first game as scum. I understand comparing to myself isn't ideal but your argument feels too one-sided and biased.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by SecondLynch View Post
    Yoyoyo! I'm here, the game can start.

Let's start from the start.

The Calix's opener was a hard "I am this town's leader" claim. It is shown by this: "Ask me questions, I am the town leader."

What does this say about the Calix's alignment?
    1) She rolled town. She encourages the new players to collaborate so she can read 'em correctly so she can carry the game home.
    2) She rolled Neutral.
    2a) Survivor. It doesn't make sense for her to proclaim herself town leader as Survivor, she's drawing Kim Kardashian attention to her by doing so, survivors should want to lie low.
    2b) Jester. Yes, she attracts everyone's attention (which is what le jester would want), but the tone of her post don't feel like a jester's, and there are much more efficient ways of appearing scummy to be lynched. I seriously doubt it's this scenario, but then again, WIFOM.
    2c) Executioner. She claims town leader so that her reads are to be sheeped, and, thus, she can get her target lynched. Possible.
    2d) Serial Killer. Claiming town leader allows her to control the flow of the thread, lets her play the town game by still wanting to eliminate the mafia, and looks town. This is a really ballsy move to do, as she would need to be absolutely confident in her ability to pocket the majority of the thread for her to stay town leader, and given that she knows that I'll be reading every single one of her words with the attention of a jailkeeper watching the inmates, I doubt this is the right scenario.
    2e)Witch. Yeah, no. It makes her more of a night target than she already is (Definition of Calix by the Urban Dictionary: One who is nightkilled on Night 1.). She would need to appear town leader so she can find the scum and hope that she can control their nightkill to kill whoever she wants. Ballsy. Bad. No.
    3) She rolled scum. She wants the new players to trust her and to collaborate with her so that she can control the flow of the thread and protect her teammates. Probable.

1 is the most likely in my book.

Next, she finds me scummy for posting random stuff. What a shocker it is for NeverUnlucky the Troll to post random shit day 1.

Mesk’s opener makes me think she’s town. She basically claimed that she was town, and last time she was scum, she didn’t do the « I AM MESK, I AM ALWAYS TOWN » shit before day 2 iirc.

Gyrlander & Yuki’s openers were NAI.

Now, Unknown…

I’m not sure why he made that post this way…
    If he’s saying that he will be sheeping this game, then his post is dumb at best and scummy at worst.
    If he meant something else, he was just ASKING to be misinterpreted.

I like this opener. Simple and direct.

Stereo.
    I love this dude’s post. He’s being honest in his posts, not afraid to give his thoughts on the D1 lynch (Though I too advocate for D1 lynches), and he has a town tone. Plus he’s new, so I do not think he is being deceptive with this and fooling me. Town-read, town-read, town-read.

Fuck, why wasn’t he in Give or Take?

Also, I disliked Unknown’s interactions with him. Again, he was asking purely rhetorical questions, and it gives me the feeling of Déjà vu.
    This is long, and there isn't a lot that is responsible to.

Why did you overthink your read on Calix so much? She plays completely different when she's scum and it's easy to catch on to.

My sheep post has nothing to do with me sheeping, and if it did why would me saying this make me seem scummy or dumb to you? It was me relating to the last game where I posted a sheep and it made me like Sheeps more. Think it was BFN maybe.

I don't like how people are analyzing Stereo. Saying "let's lynch the scum" is the exact definition of trying to look town too much, and I didn't feel all too strongly about it. I wouldn't think a huge amount about it, but it seems like an easy chance to manipulate someone new with less knowledge.

How do my questions even compare to the last game? Fairly certain I didn't openly ask questions to "try to scum-hunt" last game.

You are talking odd Secondpassing. Almost as if you pre-planned to turn on me using past game "feelings" as your ammunition.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I would agree that Stereo is currently a town-lean, but I disagree about why you say this. Using comparison to a newb is wrong, you don't know how they would play so how can you counter them?

To add on, if you want to do comparison I can say myself that I did not want to lynch at all in my first game as scum. I understand comparing to myself isn't ideal but your argument feels too one-sided and biased.
    Why are you Town reading stereo?
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

8. ISO #108

Calix has already called him out for this, he has already answered.

It makes sense from a mod player's POV. I understand where Stereo is coming from, I assume DW too.

I have a slight-scum-read of you. You're asking a rhetorical question and an irrelevant question, scumtell. You're giving me the exact same feeling as MiniZed and DB gave me in GoT and BFN.

-vote Quick

Any comments you want to make on my wall post?
    Your argument is that he reminds you of DIFFERENT people who were scum in DIFFERENT games. I'm assuming this is Secondpassing again?

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    What gives you the impression that is all I am doing? I also said I'm not going to just hand out a town read on stereo because he doesn't want to lynch day one and is sticking by that. No comment on that?

You drew a comparison between two players in a different game where I am not either of them. you are basically saying I am giving you certain "vibes" that are similar to what you experienced by two different players than me in a completely different game than this. I mean what do you want me to say to that? I didn't even read that game so I don't even know if they were Scum in that game. Its impossible for me to argue against because its based on "feels" in a completely different context than here.

Sometimes I have stances early and sometimes I don't. Its not bad that you have stances, its just that you should be able to argue them. So far from what I have seem fmpov you scum read on me is based on feels and that I commented on things that were not AI.

Just letting you know for future engagements with me.

because its proactive and not reactive. Proactive is Townie and reactive is Scummy. Not a big tell tho since its Scums job to do the same.
    From this argument, Quick's interaction feels town and completely justified. SecondLynch is providing a completely biased opinion that cannot further any conversation or points to build off of.

10. ISO #110

Why are you Town reading stereo?
    His interaction with me seems to be more open. There isn't much to say but I feel that his opinion and how he expresses it seems one that does not stand out as scummy to me. I think that scum wouldn't stand out and calling for a no-lynch to me seems town.

I also think this slot will be easy to figure out further in, so I don't feel too worried about them right now.

11. ISO #111

So for this setup we have a standard 13 player setup consisting of the following:

Mafia
    Mafia
    Mafia

Neutral
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

It's safe to assume that one of the Town Random is a citizen in all cases. So let's update the list.

Mafia
    Mafia
    Mafia

Neutral
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town PR
    Town Random
    Town Random (Citizen)
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

That leaves us with 9 roles which are hidden to us. Let's work on the mafia first.

There are a total of 7 different mafia roles, which allows for 27 (25 if godfather is a unique role).

The following questions will have to be answered before I may continue.

Is godfather a unique role?

Is mayor a unique role?

What defines a "failure" for survivor to not use up a vest charge?

Is Agent correctly informed of exactly who visited his target, along with who his target visited?

For the janitor, what defines a "failure"?

Both the consigliere and the Investigator receive clues on who their roles are based off of the investigative pairings, yes?

Does bodyguard kill night immune roles?

Does the Mayor keep his additional vote until his death?

If framer is the only living non-town, and his target is framed as a random living non-town, yet Framer is put into a random investigative pairing. How does that work out?
    deathworlds is a town-read for me. I will cover this when I remember what I was going to say.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

It's funny how in every games the new players are automatically catalogued as Town. It happens in EVERY game.

Drittz and Stereo, welcome to the world of the Unlynchable.
    Funny. In the real game its usually always someone bs'ing about being new. I'm not sure this is an exception.

14. ISO #114

Questions & Answers Session 1 :

Is godfather a unique role?
    Is mayor a unique role?

While I haven't written that they're unique, Godfather and Mayor are indeed unique.

What defines a "failure" for survivor to not use up a vest charge?
    A Survivor can be Roleblocked, thus they never used their battery powered vest that lasts a single night.

Is Agent correctly informed of exactly who visited his target, along with who his target visited?
    Agent targets Bob. "Bob were seen visiting Luigi. Bob were visited by Gary."

For the janitor, what defines a "failure"?
    Same as a Survivor, if they're roleblocked then their battery powered broom won't work.
    In addition, this includes if they target did not die. A successful attempt is cleaning a role.

Both the consigliere and the Investigator receive clues on who their roles are based off of the investigative pairings, yes?
    Yes.

Does bodyguard kill night immune roles?
    While this were not written in the actual setup, they can indeed kill night immune.
    This is hinted by that the SK and Vigilante can "attack" while the Bodyguard can "Kill".

Does the Mayor keep his additional vote until his death?
    Yes.

If framer is the only living non-town, and his target is framed as a random living non-town, yet Framer is put into a random investigative pairing. How does that work out?
    Then he will frame someone as a random pairing.

Jester isn't in there. I think host has slipped that jester is not a role in this game.
    Error found. Jester is among "Charismatic".

15. ISO #115

Drittz and Stereo, welcome to the world of the Unlynchable.
    I would like to imagine this is not the case for anybody. All men are mortal in this save.

Right but I followed that up with reasons why lynching day 1 is good that haven't been said yet.
    The advantage of possibly lynching a scum today outweighs what we lose if we lynch a town. If we do not lynch today, the maximum we can lose is 1 townie. Instead of the potential 2 we could lose.

DW is really pushing the town initiative right now. I am have a great deal of confidence in their Townly status.

As an aside, if people are using acronyms could they make a note for me as to their meaning? Thanks.

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo View Post
    This is my first Mafia game on a forum, it doesn't strike me well that we're supposed to ignore(?) our power roles. They exist for a reason, and they are tools for us. I definitely see what you're saying, but I am not saying we don't act until a power role gives us something of substance.

Its day 1 and not everyone has posted. We're not winning yet.

I'll vote to pressure, sure, but I won't let myself be included in a lynch on the first day.
    you cant vote to pressure if you just clearly stated you will not allow yourself to be part of a lynch D1 no one will take your vote seriously because they know you willove it before they are lynched.
    -vote unknown1234

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

Missed your post, but I saw it now.

No, I don't know. But anyone who is town aligned is valuable solely for that fact. I will not discount the fact that we may or may not have certain roles, but at the moment I will remain content. Day 2 is what I am waiting for at the moment. There will be much more to work with then, more concrete information.

Genuinely overlooked this, will keep this in mind for the future.

Scummy, but not scum for sure? That's reason enough for me to not vote them. I've seen it far too many times where we lynched someone we thought for sure was scum, but turned out to be town. I am not discounting lynching in the future, but for today I will not be an accomplice to it. You guys go nuts.

Out of curiosity, why do you care that I will not vote to lynch today?
    i find it strange that you will not be part of a lynch but tell us to go crazy? saying you don't want to be an "accomplice" as if by not voting you dont get any blame for a potential mislynch. to me this seems pretty scummy and comes off as a way to avoid responsibility but it may also just be noob behavior so Im not sure yet.

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    you cant vote to pressure if you just clearly stated you will not allow yourself to be part of a lynch D1 no one will take your vote seriously because they know you willove it before they are lynched.
    -vote unknown1234
    Both are true...

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

Yoyoyo! I'm here, the game can start.

Let's start from the start.

The Calix's opener was a hard "I am this town's leader" claim. It is shown by this: "Ask me questions, I am the town leader."

What does this say about the Calix's alignment?
    1) She rolled town. She encourages the new players to collaborate so she can read 'em correctly so she can carry the game home.
    2) She rolled Neutral.
    2a) Survivor. It doesn't make sense for her to proclaim herself town leader as Survivor, she's drawing Kim Kardashian attention to her by doing so, survivors should want to lie low.
    2b) Jester. Yes, she attracts everyone's attention (which is what le jester would want), but the tone of her post don't feel like a jester's, and there are much more efficient ways of appearing scummy to be lynched. I seriously doubt it's this scenario, but then again, WIFOM.
    2c) Executioner. She claims town leader so that her reads are to be sheeped, and, thus, she can get her target lynched. Possible.
    2d) Serial Killer. Claiming town leader allows her to control the flow of the thread, lets her play the town game by still wanting to eliminate the mafia, and looks town. This is a really ballsy move to do, as she would need to be absolutely confident in her ability to pocket the majority of the thread for her to stay town leader, and given that she knows that I'll be reading every single one of her words with the attention of a jailkeeper watching the inmates, I doubt this is the right scenario.
    2e)Witch. Yeah, no. It makes her more of a night target than she already is (Definition of Calix by the Urban Dictionary: One who is nightkilled on Night 1.). She would need to appear town leader so she can find the scum and hope that she can control their nightkill to kill whoever she wants. Ballsy. Bad. No.
    3) She rolled scum. She wants the new players to trust her and to collaborate with her so that she can control the flow of the thread and protect her teammates. Probable.

1 is the most likely in my book.

Next, she finds me scummy for posting random stuff. What a shocker it is for NeverUnlucky the Troll to post random shit day 1.

Mesk’s opener makes me think she’s town. She basically claimed that she was town, and last time she was scum, she didn’t do the « I AM MESK, I AM ALWAYS TOWN » shit before day 2 iirc.

Gyrlander & Yuki’s openers were NAI.

Now, Unknown…

I’m not sure why he made that post this way…
    If he’s saying that he will be sheeping this game, then his post is dumb at best and scummy at worst.
    If he meant something else, he was just ASKING to be misinterpreted.

I like this opener. Simple and direct.

Stereo.
    I love this dude’s post. He’s being honest in his posts, not afraid to give his thoughts on the D1 lynch (Though I too advocate for D1 lynches), and he has a town tone. Plus he’s new, so I do not think he is being deceptive with this and fooling me. Town-read, town-read, town-read.

Fuck, why wasn’t he in Give or Take?

Also, I disliked Unknown’s interactions with him. Again, he was asking purely rhetorical questions, and it gives me the feeling of Déjà vu.
    I like this wall post the most so far got you some town point from me

24. ISO #124

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitaka Oni View Post
    2 edgy 4 me
    did you mean 2 eggy 4 me?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

pressure rvs??? pretty damn normal thing to do dont understand how you would question that?
    Yuki your shitposts are annoying me.

-vote Yukitaka Oni
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

30. ISO #130

Yuki your shitposts are annoying me.

-vote Yukitaka Oni
    The underlying meaning of this post is that I'm concerned with Yuki's unusual behavior. And when I say "unusual behavior" I mean unusual for Yuki.
    fucketh me in the ass

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

why is day 2 better for a lynch than day 1?
    Day 2 is when things start rolling. The first person is dead (hopefully with a role to reveal), and power roles were able to begin putting things together from th

i find it strange that you will not be part of a lynch but tell us to go crazy? saying you don't want to be an "accomplice" as if by not voting you dont get any blame for a potential mislynch. to me this seems pretty scummy and comes off as a way to avoid responsibility but it may also just be noob behavior so Im not sure yet.
    I'll have to be more deliberate in what I say in the future. Whether I like it or not someone could be lynched today, it just seems like something you guys are very adamant about lynching someone Day 1.

36. ISO #136

lol why did you reply to my post but direct your post and vote towards Oni?
    I don't wish to pressure you at the moment.
    fucketh me in the ass

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

Day 2 is when things start rolling. The first person is dead (hopefully with a role to reveal), and power roles were able to begin putting things together from th

I'll have to be more deliberate in what I say in the future. Whether I like it or not someone could be lynched today, it just seems like something you guys are very adamant about lynching someone Day 1.
    Conspiracy time, Stereo is scum, and knows a janitor is on his team.
    fucketh me in the ass

39. ISO #139

-vote unknown1234
    So, in a post where you reply to someone else, you vote me. Wait, let me guess, this is your RVS vote? I don't get why this would be necessary given that we are far enough into the game and it does nothing.

Sure love reading your posts, Egg.

40. ISO #140

Well usually most people want to lynch day 1 because they want to prove that: Look! I do contributed on scum hunting, that mean I am definitely a town read
    - Of course Mafia could do the same. But i prefer 50-50

v)o.o)^

41. ISO #141

BTW I'll finish setup spec when I get home tomorrow.
    fucketh me in the ass

42. ISO #142

pressure rvs??? pretty damn normal thing to do dont understand how you would question that?
    RVS vote is the oppostite of pressure voting Egg. Even when doing RVS votes, the point is to build up conversation. What do you gain from voting someone yet to speak? I'm sure you felt the pressure of one vote after you hadn't even spoken. Doorknob.

43. ISO #143

The underlying meaning of this post is that I'm concerned with Yuki's unusual behavior. And when I say "unusual behavior" I mean unusual for Yuki.
    Why is it unusual for Yuki IYO?

44. ISO #144

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Why is it unusual for Yuki IYO?
    I've just haven't seen Yuki shitpost so much before, and the usual trademark "v)x.o)> v(o.o(v" crap is nowhere to be seen.
    fucketh me in the ass

45. ISO #145

Is this town insecure eggy or trying to improve scum eggy?

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

If you guys are using acronyms I'd love if there were a list so I know what you are saying.
    Sorry. IYO= in your opinion.

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Popular question :
    Q : RLVG, did you blabladappedito?
    A : Yes, little paddawan, I randomized the player slots and the roles they were given. There were no pre-determined slots for players.

Popular question answered.
    Question: does witch win with mafia?

v)o.o)^