Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
To anyone who things homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "mental illness" ... I'll offer you this.

When in college my professor of religion/philosophy was talking about how homosexuality was "so unnatural" -- he meant it sarcastically. He then went on to inform the class that the same chemicals in the brain (oxytocin) that lead to attraction/forming bonds early in potential mates, are released in both straight and gay people. He then went on to tell my class that homosexuality is natures form of population control, because if you think about it, if every man and woman could reproduce we would be overrun and our resources would be depleted. So before you try to say being gay is a "choice" or it's "unnatural" just try to consider that it's actually designed by nature to allow for the population to grow in such a way that it does not overtake the earth. Also, homosexuality is found in almost every (or in every) species. Homophobia/discrimination is only found in one species.

Thanks to everyone defending the LGBTQ+ community, I saw some of the comments here, and I was blown away by the ignorance and bigotry.
"Who needs facts when I have my opinion?" -Bigots