S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II - Page 27
Register

User Tag List

Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 4131
  1. ISO #1301

Re: S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    Where (imo) my logic is most powerful is once I get a chance to see night actions or something big happens, like a gambit. Then it's very easy for me to basically brute-force a read on which faction would find it most optimal to perform some action.

World of Music was a particularly prominent case of that.

You can argue that Duck's claim is the same in this game. I am not willing to lynch Duck. There is a correlation there in regards to what I think is town's best play today.
    So you're claiming that you're terrible at reads but good at mechanics?

2. ISO #1302

3. ISO #1303

Where (imo) my logic is most powerful is once I get a chance to see night actions or something big happens, like a gambit. Then it's very easy for me to basically brute-force a read on which faction would find it most optimal to perform some action.

World of Music was a particularly prominent case of that.

You can argue that Duck's claim is the same in this game. I am not willing to lynch Duck. There is a correlation there in regards to what I think is town's best play today.
    "Hey guys, sorry for being useless NOW with giant wall-posts devoid of content. But I pinky-promise that I'll be USEFUL and stuff later, even though nothing is actually stopping me from trying now. And since everyone on this fucking site thinks being useful = town, this will hopefully spare me from choking on rope today!"

4. ISO #1304

5. ISO #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline Crazy Dealers View Post
    So instead of "meta", you claim you can read my personality from one game? topkek
    Because I am gosu.

I'm not going to waste time on giving links to past games if you won't read them.
    Good, glad we've got that settled. So now you can argue without linking games that I will never read.

Wouldn't that fall under personality?
    Yes and no. Experience does bring knowhow, this cannot be disputed.

That question isn't relevant, so why mention it?
    Rhetorical question. Are you slow or something? I did it to prove a point. A point dismissed.. utterly.

Usage of the filler word "oh" can no way be read as an offensive retort. It's hedging the sentence.

He absolutely has NOT been open with his thought processes, especially NOT before I pushed him. Provide the quotes please for this read.
    Copout. Read his ISO. There are two possibilities. Hes is telling the truth about how he feels about things or he is faking it.

More hedging as you try to fling something else at the wall to see what sticks.
    Conjecture.

There is no One Way to play as scum.

He absolutely has NOT been open with his thought processes, especially NOT before I pushed him. Provide the quotes please for this read.

What is your point here? Obviously. I have no idea why you bring this up. Because I use the word efficient? I take Kovath to be a logical fellow and as such he would be driven toward efficiency. Do you disagree?

If someone ccs, they will create a 1v1 by default. No way would two ccs stay alive until the next day under normal circumstances.
    ROLES ARE NOT UNIQUE IN THIS GAME BUT I FIND IT HIGHLY UNLIKELY THERE ARE TWO BALKFAL (WHATEVER THE ROLE IS) IN THIS GAME.

Strong counterargument. You are scum.
    I see so you just plan on mellowing things out with a he said she said argument is that right?

6. ISO #1306

If we're going to use meta here, I recall Quick saying that his scum play is bad in Sandbox

There is obvious scum motivation for claiming that everything scummy they do is "reaction-testing" and this is obvious, lol.

In regards to your wall-post, you use a lot of words to conclude that they are null-scum. I notice that you do not have any questions to help clarify your read on them. Why is that?
    I evaluated off what LI has done this game. I don't need to ask questions about what they've done, only why, and some of it was already provided by LI and the other part is what I am attempting to make my read on. If LI wants to clarify something or does not agree with a characterization, they are welcome to speak up and I will consider their point.

Aye, funny QT jokes eh? And having two roles is against the rules, I assume you're trying to tell me that you'd think I'm both FBI agent and Luciano or something? lol :P
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

7. ISO #1307

8. ISO #1308

Why are you suggesting that you could be scum?
    Im suggesting you aren't as critical as you should be, not that I am scum. Everyone is going to say " I am town, duh.". So in a world where I am scum, because 3 of us are, you need to have your killer banana instinct ready to lynch me. I don't care if that would cause me to lose the game, I don't want you to play sub optimally like I did last game over personal ties.

-DucK

9. ISO #1309

So you're claiming that you're terrible at reads but good at mechanics?
    I would agree with this characterization. I am worse at reads than I am at mechanics. Reads is about developing a feel for players and their posts in a game, the latter is just pure logic.

"Hey guys, sorry for being useless NOW with giant wall-posts devoid of content. But I pinky-promise that I'll be USEFUL and stuff later, even though nothing is actually stopping me from trying now. And since everyone on this fucking site thinks being useful = town, this will hopefully spare me from choking on rope today!"
    Like my Shifty iso?

Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

10. ISO #1310

I evaluated off what LI has done this game. I don't need to ask questions about what they've done, only why, and some of it was already provided by LI and the other part is what I am attempting to make my read on. If LI wants to clarify something or does not agree with a characterization, they are welcome to speak up and I will consider their point.

Aye, funny QT jokes eh? And having two roles is against the rules, I assume you're trying to tell me that you'd think I'm both FBI agent and Luciano or something? lol :P
    If you have a null read, you should work to clarify it. This is obvious.

Highlighted for MORE waffling to try and make it look like you're saying more than you are.

No, just Luciano. What strategy did you have planned with Quick, if you'd be so kind to share?

11. ISO #1311

I would agree with this characterization. I am worse at reads than I am at mechanics. Reads is about developing a feel for players and their posts in a game, the latter is just pure logic.

Like my Shifty iso?

I've already addressed how you went for a nice, safe train there. You keep trying to wave your Shifty scum-read around but that won't hide the fact that he is your ONLY substantial scum read you don't waver on.

12. ISO #1312

If you have a null read, you should work to clarify it. This is obvious.

Highlighted for MORE waffling to try and make it look like you're saying more than you are.

No, just Luciano. What strategy did you have planned with Quick, if you'd be so kind to share?
    We planned for Quick to go full-crazy in chat and hard-defend me and for me to lay low and get pinged by Calix again like in Classy.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

13. ISO #1313

14. ISO #1314

Why are you trying to pocket him?
    Also, if I am trying to pocket sino, what is my intent? To have a town on my side?

Why when the vote is 4votes me, 3 votes shifty, do I vote your slot who is currently voting with me on shifty, and has 0 votes. If I am looking for friends I am being completely counter productive. You can say I am an off the wall player, and sometimes reckless, but I am not completely oblivious. POD entered the thread, I told him to replace, other inactive people I have all criticized and not tried to pocket. If I am playing a pocket style, why is it someone who already does not want to vote me and is on my side?

-DucK

15. ISO #1315

16. ISO #1316

17. ISO #1317

18. ISO #1318

19. ISO #1319

It's so cute when you try and pretend you're not evil :')
    I haven't had to try too hard recently because I seem to roll town quite a bit.

Now my burgeoning scum meta is going to fall flat on its face in light of my inevitable lynch instead of the lurker legions.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

20. ISO #1320

21. ISO #1321

I haven't had to try too hard recently because I seem to roll town quite a bit.

Now my burgeoning scum meta is going to fall flat on its face in light of my inevitable lynch instead of the lurker legions.
    "Sarcastic" comments aside, you plan on acting like town anytime soon?

Because if this is it, you're getting the only D you've ever had in your life ;)

22. ISO #1322

Responses below in red:

Quote Originally Posted by Rurouni Kenshin View Post
    Because I am gosu.

People are complaining about the thread being full of spam and you double down more with this?

Good, glad we've got that settled. So now you can argue without linking games that I will never read.

We point out why we think Duck would act the way he did and cite evidence / past precedent. You stubbornly refuse to examine the evidence. Really boosting your Town-cred there, mate.

Yes and no. Experience does bring knowhow, this cannot be disputed.

This is a meaningless fluff statement. Explain what you're trying to get across without coming off zen / philosophical.

Rhetorical question. Are you slow or something? I did it to prove a point. A point dismissed.. utterly.

More flashing of logic statements as opposed to actually getting into the arguments. Why are you wasting our time with this?

Copout. Read his ISO. There are two possibilities. Hes is telling the truth about how he feels about things or he is faking it.

You're arguing he's telling the truth or faking it? Ok, this doesn't really add much / anything and is beyond useless. In other news, it's either raining or it's not outside.

Conjecture.

Well, no shit, Sherlock -- it's an argument, not a statement of fact. Everything here is opinion. Citing logic terms does not an argument make.

What is your point here? Obviously. I have no idea why you bring this up. Because I use the word efficient? I take Kovath to be a logical fellow and as such he would be driven toward efficiency. Do you disagree?

Kovath is almost deliberately concealing his reads with lots of generic talk about how to approach the game. At this point in the game, it's very counterproductive and suggests he's afraid of putting himself out there, but instead would rather act like he's contributing without doing so. None of us feel that's being straightforward or efficient.

ROLES ARE NOT UNIQUE IN THIS GAME BUT I FIND IT HIGHLY UNLIKELY THERE ARE TWO BALKFAL (WHATEVER THE ROLE IS) IN THIS GAME.

We have absolutely no idea whether MZ duped roles, but your thought is noted.

I see so you just plan on mellowing things out with a he said she said argument is that right?

23. ISO #1323

24. ISO #1324

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    What about cult before mafia ? Why did you change your mind ?
    I am more confident in a Kovath/ Quick pairing than I am in Shifty being CL.

I changed my mind because a potential Luciano pairing became apparent when DB started to catch up. While I'd prefer to kill the Cult, I think lynching among those two has a higher chance of actually hitting scum.

There are also advantages to only having one Luciano killer ;)

25. ISO #1325

"Sarcastic" comments aside, you plan on acting like town anytime soon?

Because if this is it, you're getting the only D you've ever had in your life ;)
    I've tried to play the game as I want to help my faction win.

I also doubt I'm changing your mind with anything I'll do. If I continue to play as I am it's confirmation of your scummy read, and if I change my play it's confirmation that I'm just desperately trying to survive.

I'm going to move on and start looking harder at other players, if you want to lynch me just pile on the votes, I'll claim, and then I'll die or not. Best I can do is put out what I think is useful in the remainder of day rather than try to mold myself into your ideal townie.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

26. ISO #1326

27. ISO #1327

I've tried to play the game as I want to help my faction win.

I also doubt I'm changing your mind with anything I'll do. If I continue to play as I am it's confirmation of your scummy read, and if I change my play it's confirmation that I'm just desperately trying to survive.

I'm going to move on and start looking harder at other players, if you want to lynch me just pile on the votes, I'll claim, and then I'll die or not. Best I can do is put out what I think is useful in the remainder of day rather than try to mold myself into your ideal townie.
    Yes, I wholeheartedly support this move of yours to give better reads on players.

I also support more votes

28. ISO #1328

29. ISO #1329

I changed my mind because a potential Luciano pairing became apparent when DB started to catch up. While I'd prefer to kill the Cult, I think lynching among those two has a higher chance of actually hitting scum.

Lynch this fucker when I gone, thx.

30. ISO #1330

So what do you think Shifty is now ? misguided town or actual scum ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

31. ISO #1331

Lynch this fucker when I gone, thx.
    MFW both of your Luciano reads decide to belly up.

I'm never getting mislynched. Sorry to crush your dreams <3

- Calix

32. ISO #1332

33. ISO #1333

34. ISO #1334

Well its a really shitty way to have a conversation. I can't quote that and respond, that's why that way of discussion suck ass.
    Just copy-paste his response and reply that way. Yes it sucks but it's not impossible.

Or just write down your response in a new post.

- Calix

35. ISO #1335

36. ISO #1336

He is still a scum read but it's really hard to ignore what may be the most obvious scum team ever.

Like seriously, just read their posts.

- Calix
    Yeah i have the feeling Rurouni Kenshin is going OMGUS right now,

Btw @Rurouni Kenshin how much did AIVION post ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

37. ISO #1337

Just copy-paste his response and reply that way. Yes it sucks but it's not impossible.

Or just write down your response in a new post.

- Calix
    No I think I will settle for not responding and encouraging a shitty way of having a discussion. You are going to look bad when I claim.

Also, I don't think you explained your scum read on me. Its by association isn't it? Well guess what? If you me and Kovath are all town, who looks the bigger fool?

38. ISO #1338

39. ISO #1339

40. ISO #1340

41. ISO #1341

No I think I will settle for not responding and encouraging a shitty way of having a discussion. You are going to look bad when I claim.

Also, I don't think you explained your scum read on me. Its by association isn't it? Well guess what? If you me and Kovath are all town, who looks the bigger fool?
    You two, because you got yourselves in this position in the first place.

Interesting how you try to deter us by pointing out how your role-claim reflects on US, rather than the fact that this apparently important role fucked up enough to claim on Day 1 in the first place.

42. ISO #1342

Quote Originally Posted by SexyDucK View Post
    I Do not see the kovath/rurouni kenshin world.

Please post everything darkness has said or I have no plan to lynch Kovath.

I am thinking for a POD/shifty lynch currently.

-DucK
    You're trying to push for a policy lynch on POD. Enough said.

We are working on that. Might be done tomorrow morning for me tbh.

43. ISO #1343

44. ISO #1344

You two, because you got yourselves in this position in the first place.

Interesting how you try to deter us by pointing out how your role-claim reflects on US, rather than the fact that this apparently important role fucked up enough to claim on Day 1 in the first place.
    It's even better because YOU HAVE NO VOTES ON YOU.

How badly can one squirm under the pressure of NO VOTES? Quick leads the way!

45. ISO #1345

HEY I THINK IF OUND MY GODFATHER CLAIM.

-DucK

46. ISO #1346

47. ISO #1347

48. ISO #1348

49. ISO #1349

50. ISO #1350