S-FM 198 : Stay Classy - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 198 : Stay Classy

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    I've yet to see you play, so it depends on what you want help with
    I'm in one game right now and was in another. Would be great to hear feedback on those games I have played once they are finished.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    A game that ends within like 10 pages isn't typically most people's idea of a good game. Doesn't have to be forever, but this was insanely quick due to the obvious scum collapsing. This was more like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals.
    Naw not really, and having all the vets on town vs on scum is very different as town still aren't informed of alignments.

And the problem with the Illuminati game was deeper than who was on who's team. That setup was broken AF
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

3. ISO #253

Strong play gets you killed. If you want to avoid being night killed, then start playing like crap, lol.
    No, fuck this 'crabs in a bucket' mentality with a rusty pitchfork.

Have EVERYONE play better, then night kills aren't so bloody predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I'm in one game right now and was in another. Would be great to hear feedback on those games I have played once they are finished.
    Will do
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

No, fuck this 'crabs in a bucket' mentality with a rusty pitchfork.

Have EVERYONE play better, then night kills aren't so bloody predictable.
    Sure, that's fair easier said than done -- look at all the pushback from the PLZLEAVEJACKK thread. Many underperforming players regard criticism about playing well as a personal affront or alternatively, are too lazy / risk-averse to improve. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

7. ISO #257

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Or just be aggressive/insulting enough so scum always keeps you around to try to mislynch you and fail
    Sure, but underperforming players usually have a problem with being aggressive in the first place. It's far more of the "well, I have nothing to add -- someone ask me some questions" level of commentary that makes for poor players here.

10. ISO #260

If there's one thing I've learned about Darkness its that he'll complain about every game afterwards. Either too lurky or too spammy, or too scum sided or too town sided - news flash we're not gonna get the perfect game ever because it doesn't exist.
    My game I made will be perfect ;) LOL J/K
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

11. ISO #261

If there's one thing I've learned about Darkness its that he'll complain about every game afterwards. Either too lurky or too spammy, or too scum sided or too town sided - news flash we're not gonna get the perfect game ever because it doesn't exist.
    There are many games I haven't complained about -- Watermeloann was a fucking work of art. Firebringer's BOG was fun as well. Return to Normalcy was fun, just to name three. I complain about games with terrible hosting errors, unfair role cards, or unbalanced teams for the most part.

This is SuperJack's lazy criticism of me instead of you know, actually improving the games in question.

12. ISO #262

Sure, but underperforming players usually have a problem with being aggressive in the first place. It's far more of the "well, I have nothing to add -- someone ask me some questions" level of commentary that makes for poor players here.
    That's to be expected. Hell, I was timid and shy in my first few games as well. You just pick it up as you watch the other, more experienced players. It's a slow process.

13. ISO #263

There are many games I haven't complained about -- Watermeloann was a fucking work of art. Firebringer's BOG was fun as well. Return to Normalcy was fun, just to name three. I complain about games with terrible hosting errors, unfair role cards, or unbalanced teams for the most part.

This is SuperJack's lazy criticism of me instead of you know, actually improving the games in question.
    But but but Return to Normalcy was obviously unbalanced in terms of the scum: town players. Contradiction!

14. ISO #264

That's to be expected. Hell, I was timid and shy in my first few games as well. You just pick it up as you watch the other, more experienced players. It's a slow process.
    I don't recall you ever being that timid or ever making banal comments like "what are you reads on everyone else" or "I have nothing to add". It's partially natural instinct as well as learning. Some people just have more of a knack for jumping into the mud, while it's a far longer path for others to get used to that.

15. ISO #265

But but but Return to Normalcy was obviously unbalanced in terms of the scum: town players. Contradiction!
    Despite all my hate on Whad, he has a decent amount of experience -- he just played that game like ass for some reason. Happens to us all. The Town in that game also had a fair number of newbie / underperforming players as well. It took hitting people such as Unknown over the head to get them to vote the right way in the end vs. going for some insane Jailor gambit.

16. ISO #266

I don't recall you ever being that timid or ever making banal comments like "what are you reads on everyone else" or "I have nothing to add". It's partially natural instinct as well as learning. Some people just have more of a knack for jumping into the mud, while it's a far longer path for others to get used to that.
    My problem is more like people not knowing how I get from A to B. Like when I explain it I just get "I don't agree" or "That doesn't make sense".
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

17. ISO #267

Despite all my hate on Whad, he has a decent amount of experience -- he just played that game like ass for some reason. Happens to us all. The Town in that game also had a fair number of newbie / underperforming players as well. It took hitting people such as Unknown over the head to get them to vote the right way in the end vs. going for some insane Jailor gambit.
    We also had a Town player who refused to counterclaim even though his scum counterpart claimed on Day 1 and it being a super small setup. There was plenty of poor Town play as well -- we just pulled it together and Whad was unlucky. Normalcy was not anything like this game in terms of tilted teams.

18. ISO #268

My problem is more like people not knowing how I get from A to B. Like when I explain it I just get "I don't agree" or "That doesn't make sense".
    Have you looked at Helz's guide? ('Guide Directory' under Forum Mafia Parking) If you're having difficulties with persuasive arguments, I'd give that a read

19. ISO #269

Have you looked at Helz's guide? ('Guide Directory' under Forum Mafia Parking) If you're having difficulties with persuasive arguments, I'd give that a read
    Someone needs to dumb down the Helz guide for beginners. I like reading verbose things, but I'll be honest -- it's not exactly the most approachable source for those not looking for quick suggestions.

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

I think I read the host of this game's guid actually. Found it pretty helpful. I just have a hard time sticking to it, sadly. I mean in the way I approach games. I just want to react to everything. Making arguments that I can use to persuade people would be a very good asset to have for me I think.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

23. ISO #273

Only if I get to be Bruno and threaten you on Day 1.
    I want that game to play out very similar to the last game, so wish granted.
    This tiem though, I would like to go for a town win though.
    '
    So more power roles pls! (as my past self would say)
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

24. ISO #274

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Guys, you are all invited to my Anniversary FM Game:
    Its going to Artificial Intelligence.

It broke my FM cherry.
    I'd love to join you there fire
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

25. ISO #275

'
    Ask Orpz to make me Town and you'll get your wish ;)

26. ISO #276

Ask Orpz to make me Town and you'll get your wish ;)
    you just want to win ;)
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

27. ISO #277

I think I read the host of this game's guid actually. Found it pretty helpful. I just have a hard time sticking to it, sadly. I mean in the way I approach games. I just want to react to everything. Making arguments that I can use to persuade people would be a very good asset to have for me I think.
    You just don't get Town points for being reactive generally -- you don't want to led to thoughts by other players. If you're not being proactive, odds are, you aren't scumhunting as well as you could be. Sure, every player doesn't have to be super proactive for the Town to win, but odds are, the proactive players have less to hide since they're being forward about what they think. That doesn't mean proactive players can't actually be scum, but it's a far harder act to put on, and one more commonly done by the savvier players around.

28. ISO #278

'
    No way! Fuck town! Ultron FTW

I think that game was my first MVP game

DW also faked a sheriff claim on me. Still better play than Foxtrot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

29. ISO #279

No way! Fuck town! Ultron FTW

I think that game was my first MVP game

DW also faked a sheriff claim on me. Still better play than Foxtrot.
    My first game I was in, some newbie pulled a gambit and said the investigated me guilty when I was town. It was a crazy moment for me to be sure.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out