User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM 198 : Stay Classy

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    The game has started. Should I add an additional 24 hours Day 1 if players are completely unprepared for this?
    Yes. Please add that to your amazing countdown timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    don't worry Calix I'm here and I'm ready to WIFOM

-vote Calix
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    don't worry Calix I'm here and I'm ready to WIFOM

-vote Calix
    Jolly good. Any fascinating insights into WIFOM that you think would be beneficial to town?

The setup is basic as fuck, so I can't talk much on that matter. Seems to be similar to POD's last game though.

-vote BananaCucho
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

6. ISO #6

boring setup, prepare for the mass citizen claims day 3 zzzzz
    Jolly good. Any fascinating insights into WIFOM that you think would be beneficial to town?

The setup is basic as fuck, so I can't talk much on that matter. Seems to be similar to POD's last game though.

-vote BananaCucho
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

7. ISO #7

For the love of god and all that is holy, why is the system so nazi on making it CAPSLOCK?
    I'll fix it lol.

Edit : The command wasn't wrong actually, it was the color that messed it up somehow.
    Last edited by RLVG; May 25th, 2016 at 01:11 PM.

8. ISO #8

Damn wtf with all of those posts trying to read me.

I don't really like Goatse's reaction to Calix vote putting him at L-1.

@Calix in case you are still here
    It seemed like Goatse is trying to ping Calix and try to convince her to unvote him. This kind of behavior kinda made me think he is more concerned on his own survival than actually scumhunting.

Especially now with about 1 hour left in the day and I dont think anybody really want to lynch Calix. Goatse havent really made any good argument. He didnt convince any of the town to hop on Calix's train, and isn't trying hard enough. His tone was more like "Okay I accepted this fate" than like "WTF DONT LYNCH ME?!" make me think this is the correct lynch.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Damn wtf with all of those posts trying to read me.

I don't really like Goatse's reaction to Calix vote putting him at L-1.

It seemed like Goatse is trying to ping Calix and try to convince her to unvote him. This kind of behavior kinda made me think he is more concerned on his own survival than actually scumhunting.

Especially now with about 1 hour left in the day and I dont think anybody really want to lynch Calix. Goatse havent really made any good argument. He didnt convince any of the town to hop on Calix's train, and isn't trying hard enough. His tone was more like "Okay I accepted this fate" than like "WTF DONT LYNCH ME?!" make me think this is the correct lynch.
    Calix is afk and will not be unvoting me. I just want to point out calix successfully changing the train on a member of the town who is more likely to contribute than gaslight on dubious circumstances, her safe as heck null reads on her buddy khovak who somehow escapes persecution despite his lack of aggression, safe tactics and sheepvoting, and the fact that even if nobody wants to follow me on calix or khovak then g4slight who I personally read as a bad, null player is probably a better lynch as he will contribute less to discussions if he is town. GG lads, hammer if you want I am citizen.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Why #11? And why first poster instead of #7?
    Lurking is tolerated on day 1, so by making the first few posts me and Cowlix are claiming that we're happy to type and lead town and take an active role in discussion instead of lurking. But obviously WIFOM says that there is a 50% chance that this is a mafia tell, I think that is what G4slight meant to say

13. ISO #13

Lurking is tolerated on day 1, so by making the first few posts me and Cowlix are claiming that we're happy to type and lead town and take an active role in discussion instead of lurking. But obviously WIFOM says that there is a 50% chance that this is a mafia tell, I think that is what G4slight meant to say
    Why did you need to explain it for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

14. ISO #14

What led you to the conclusion that lurking is 'tolerated' on Day 1? The Illuminati game had us lynch a lurker on the first day and Veri was not a prolific poster either, so I am struggling to see how you concluded this.

Cowlix?

That seems like a stretch to take from Gaslight's post.

15. ISO #15

What led you to the conclusion that lurking is 'tolerated' on Day 1? The Illuminati game had us lynch a lurker on the first day and Veri was not a prolific poster either, so I am struggling to see how you concluded this.

Cowlix?

That post is not serious at all lmao, he obviously didn't mean anything even relating to WIFOM or lurking since he already implied he was randomizing who he voted for :^)

16. ISO #16

Cowlix?

K fine, lurking wasn't tolerated in the illuminati game. But everyone in that game was active as hell. In the beginner mafia game and FM-game of thrones, lurking was the #1 meta and went unpunished.

17. ISO #17

I'm not even sure exactly where you were going with this after reading it twice.

Why are you so convinced you know what he did or didn't mean?
    Why does my vote on Calix make you so jumpy?

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Only going to be around for the next 3 hours as I have to attend my sister's graduation, so I'll just post some reads.

Banana, Whad, Kovath are town for me. The first two are shamelessly based on meta, as I don't see many similarities between their scum games and their play-style here. Kovath is more of a POE kind of thing because I think Goatse/ Gaslight/ POD are where the scum lie, in order of likeliness.

Banana is partly meta-based (more aggressive and willing to push players/ re-evaluate than she does as scum) and partly because I agree with the pushes she has made. Meanwhile, Whad's logic actually makes sense, he makes original points and he's not being opportunistic or making weird pushes like he did in his scum game.

Spoiler : Some of Whad's posts which I liked :

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    If Banana is indeed "trying to shift attention from Calix", Banana has only served to bring more attention to her by pursuing this line of questioning with you.
    The entire "Banana defending Calix" point was stretched out to hilarious proportions. Call me cocky, but the idea of Banana trying to defend me is mad. That is all

In any case, hardly anyone else here will understand why I find that amusing. I'll just say that I was initially null-reading Gaslight as just trying to make some retarded pre-flip associations (as MS players are prone to doing) but his 'explanation' for the Banana/ Calix idea is clouded and doesn't show a transparent thought process.

I agree that Banana's post did not come across as defending anyone. Consequently, his read feels forced, like he had to fake it and ended up overstating his level of confidence in that read when it wasn't warranted.

Contrast Gaslight with Whad's post here. No room for ambiguity in that response. (highlighted)

I actually really dislike this post since you fence sit or say you like everyone you've mentioned. Scum often have a hard time scumhunting since they know who the actual scum are in the game.

Also, you said that your motives early on were to say questionable things and see how G4slight responded. Well here is how he responded. What do you glean from G4slight's response? What did you hope to get from his responses?

This next quote really REALLY bothers me. You like PoD's playstyle so you are adverse to lynching him?!? Seems like someone (Goat) is trying really hard to buddy PoD. Also, why do you keep answering questions for G4slight and defending him (see your question to Kovath)? If G4slight is "obviously the most scummy and reacting the worst to pressure" then why not vote him?

-vote unvote

Given that I have to leave around ~6 hours before EOD and there is no chance that I will be back before then, and given how almost all the town need to vote to lynch successfully, I will be voting for Gaslight/ Goatse when I leave.

If anyone comes around before then and they know they will be around at EOD, please unvote. It'll allow for more mobility at EOD.

29. ISO #29

Goat's play seems very bold and attention grabbing for a mafia member, and I just can't see why scum would want to gain that much negative attention so early in the game. I can see town motivation behind his posts to help boot us out of RVS. Goat's play also reeks of "too scummy to be scum".
    I do not agree with this logic at all. Town only has one ML so it is plausible that scum would act in an outrageous fashion in order to get a Day 1 pass. My reasons for finding Goatse scummy have more to do with his strange thought patterns. Unlike Banana and yourself, I can't relate to his thinking or understand how he came to the conclusions he did. I don't think this can be adequately explained by wanting to push the game out of RVS, because your reasoning should at least have SOME grounding in what has been posted. In general, I find "it was a joke/ reaction-testing" as a defense to be a cop-out for scummy behaviour.

I have seen Goatse's town play before (assuming that he was playing pro-town in Illuminati??? although since his play was consistent with the Beginner's Game, I'm assuming that he was) and both times he made original points that went against the grain WITHOUT looking scummy. He is also a proponent of WIFOM and 'too scummy to be scum' so it is plausible that he is trying to use that to his advantage.

(he died N1 in both games so it won't take you very long to look through the posts, but I'll link shortly since this is a meta read)

While I can acknowledge that Goatse has only been around at the start of the game (much like myself), his characterisation of players and his general reads rub me the wrong way. Some examples include...

- Characterising Kovath and I were "grilling" players. All I had done at that point was ask some flimsy questions

- His potential buddying with POD by referring to his play (despite giving no indications that he's read past games with POD, and given he calls POD a 'town leader', has not done this)

- Speaking on Gaslight's behalf on two occasions (something that would ACTUALLY fall under defending a player when it looked like Gaslight would fall under the spotlight)

[side note: Did Gaslight ever comment on Goatse's posts where he put words into his mouth?]

- Claiming he was doing it on purpose. He leaves a short while later. Starting fires before disappearing, while not always a scum-motivated move, is not something I can reconcile with a town mindset either. If a town reaction-tested, they would have shown what they got out of it and used the results to push on scum leads. This play just reminds me of Stealthbomber16. For those not in the know, he is a player also known for doing insanely scummy things and 'reaction-testing', especially as scum.

Kovath I'm a noob with 0% winrate and I can see that g4slight is obviously the most scummy acting and reacting the worst to pressure, why do you need to vote him and take jabs at him? Do you think this makes you seem more town-acting than if you focused on somebody else?
    - Thinks Gaslight is scummy but doesn't move his vote away from a RVS one. Not seeing any sort of town motivation to not vote for Gaslight/ Kovath in this post. Even better, he accuses Kovath of trying to fake being town by voting for Gaslight. Again, he does not back this up with a vote. Bear in mind that this is AFTER he claims he was being scummy on purpose. (aka, after he's tipped people off)

It should be noted that he attacks Kovath for voting for Gaslight, another scum-read.

Conclusion: Goatse/ Gaslight is the most plausible scum team at the moment and one of them should be the lynch today. Anyone who pops in should comment on this.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Trying to discredit a player from 1 game in the past is a big scumtell.
    Sure thing sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by G4slight View Post
    Have 0 idea who that is but with the lel, and PoD's post I can assume it's a dig. See the logical process in action.

-unvote

-vote BananaCucho
    You can't unvote and vote in the same post. It didn't count
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

33. ISO #33

what do you think of the game so far?
    I'm assuming you are asking for my reads? or general thoughts on the game?

If my reads

Not a lot of activity to comment on, other than my scum lean on Banana, and Goats weird post, but they have already been discussed.

I also think the activity is kinda slow, wish you, whad, and Calix would all post more along with Kovath, would like others opinions on the gameplay that's happened.

34. ISO #34

I'm assuming you are asking for my reads? or general thoughts on the game?

If my reads

Not a lot of activity to comment on, other than my scum lean on Banana, and Goats weird post, but they have already been discussed.

I also think the activity is kinda slow, wish you, whad, and Calix would all post more along with Kovath, would like others opinions on the gameplay that's happened.
    I'm here now aren't I?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

So basically Goats started off with a vote on Calix, and then this happened

I am Spartacus.

-vote GoatseOnTheCupboard

Wow your name sucks to vote
    So he voted for someone who voted for Calix

Hi everyone.

I normally reserve my first vote for #11 as a send off for a good game, but there is no #11, so I'm gunna vote for the first poster

-vote Calix
    My number 11 rvs vote, and reason for doing so.

Why #11? And why first poster instead of #7?
    Slight appearance of trying for me to get me to shift my vote.

Then this weird af post which started the second phase of things

Why did you need to explain it for him?
    I'm not even sure exactly where you were going with this after reading it twice.

Why does my vote on Calix make you so jumpy?
    This is where I think things got messed up tbh

Wait you actually have a reason for this? How is 11 deceitful?
    I was jokingly explaining my reason for 11

Your definition of jumpy is odd. Point out how I'm jumpy.
    Then banana fires this quote after his above quote

Said its duplicitous obv tongue and cheek, it's just my traditional starting place/joke vote to start off the game.
    Me referencing my rvs (I'm assuming rvs=random voting stage, if I am wrong please correct me) vote

Maybe jumpy wasn't the correct phrase to use. Your initial post of "Why do you have to explain it for him." when you were talking to Goats, and me being the him, seemed odd almost as odd as Goat's comment. But coupling it with your initial averse reaction to me voting for calix, and trying to get me to swap to 7 just read as a pseudo defense of Calix to me.
    Again the above quote is me pointing out what I perceive to be initial buddying

Questioning a vote with odd reasoning isn't a defense.
    See I thought the above quote was a throwback to me explaining why 11 is duplicitous

It's not, but I stated the reason, and it was pretty nonsensical, which I'm fairly certain a lot of people picked up on, despite me explaining it overly so.
    Again the nonsensical part is me referencing my RVS vote, and not my thoughts of the whole Banana buddying Calix

If you agree its not a defense why did you try to play an early Banana+Calix scum team angle? And why are you backing off of it now?
    The quote above I respond with the below reasoning

At this point I'm just going to assume you are intentionally not understanding where I am coming from. I never fully played a Banana + Calix scum team angle, just said the defense you had towards her (that I perceived from reading your posts, and still to this point agree with) appeared odd. There could be several reasons for that

1. You are both scum together, and this is one of your first games playing mafia, or one of your first games as scum.

2. the mafia know who isn't scum so buddying up and helping a townie is a quick way to try and earn some town cred from the person they are defending, so in that case you'd be mafia and Calix would not.

Again, I never said that you and Calix were on a team together or that you hardcore defended her and are obv scum, no I said it seemed odd and put you on my lean scum list as of now.
    And the two quotes below happened which shows what I perceived as a missrep and my response to it.

But you just agreed it wasn't a defense. So is it a defense or isn't it?
    \

I thought this was in reference to me voting for number 11?

Also your defense of Calix, may not be a full throated defense, but it certainly appears as if you are trying to shift attention from her

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Hello everybody! I'm here and going to take a second to catch up on what has happened so far.

For now, here is a blatant attempt to buddy Kovath:
    -vote G4slight
    I'm curious as to why I am your buddy target of choice :P
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    I'm curious as to why I am your buddy target of choice :P
    Well you are currently online, voting who you are voting doesn't put us prematurely at L-1, and I thought it might be cool to see how you would respond.

So how do you respond?
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Thoughts so far:

Powerofdeath - His move this game to have one on one conversations with people is a bit awkward. I think this could be a play as scum to avoid having to talk with everyone since he is focusing on one player at a time. So far he is only talking with G4slight except for a jab back at Banana. I'm hoping that I am misunderstanding what he intends to do here and that he won't ignore everyone he is not 1 on 1 conversing with. Time will tell.

I also dislike how PoD says that Bananacucho is scummy for bringing up drama from past game to discredit him but then doesn't vote Banana in light of this "scumtell". Scum leaning at the moment.

Powerofdeath, how is a 1 on 1 conversation better for you to find scum? Has this method ever been successful before? (Links to games in which it has would be awesome!). Can you also place a vote on someone?

BananaCucho - I like Banana so far for pointing out minor logical inconsistencies in G4slight's posts. I am not sure their interaction from Banana's side is alignment indicative. Null for now.

G4slight - Logical inconsistencies that Banana has pointed out seem a bit scummy like G4slight is scrambling to justify every post (but then forgetting the previous justifications in the next). This seems like a tell of inexperience to handling pointed questions or a scumtell via defensive overjustifications.

Their vote on Banana for a "dig" at PoD seemed a bit opportunistic of a justification to vote the person (Banana) who is questioning them (G4slight). I am leaning scum on this player.

Goat - His claim that Day 3 would be mass citizen claim is odd to me. If scum both claim citizen then we would know which PRs to trust. Although this game is not guaranteed to even get to Day 3 since town only has one mislynch and worst case scenario things end D2. I'll read this as a facetious comment for now though.

His post #17 is also strange since basically he is saying there is a 50% chance he is mafia??!:
    I also find #30 to be anti-town. Going off topic fills the daychat with garbage and should be frowned upon. Also, only scum needs to try to be "too careful" on D1. It seems like Goat is justifying potential cautious scumplay by saying everyone is doing it:
    boring and dry day 1 mafia chat quizzing, where every1 is too careful and you can't get anything out of anything because everyone is playing safe. This is why U gotta go far off topic, get them lulled into a false sense of security, start talking about WIFOM and anubis and shit and pick up the scumtells and slips fam
    @GoatseOntheCupboard , can you please describe your method of scumhunting? Is this method useful past D1? Why do you think townies would have to "play it safe" on D1?

Everyone else is null and needs to post more before I can get a good read: Kovath, Calix now is your cue to chime in.
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

46. ISO #46

@Whad I was throwing random sentences with questionable reasoning out there and really just wanted to see how g4slight would react to it. I see banana throwing loaded questions at g4slight too and I think it's smart and good to see how people react not only to standard questioning but "Lol why do you think calix and banana are on a team" and other logical fallacies. G4slight seems to be reacting quite horribly to pressure, he seems inexperienced though so not necessarily a scumtell. I hate how he is being aggressive towards his accuser Banana but not towards any other player, unlike Calix and Kovath who have already started the grilling.

47. ISO #47

@Whad I was throwing random sentences with questionable reasoning out there and really just wanted to see how g4slight would react to it. I see banana throwing loaded questions at g4slight too and I think it's smart and good to see how people react not only to standard questioning but "Lol why do you think calix and banana are on a team" and other logical fallacies. G4slight seems to be reacting quite horribly to pressure, he seems inexperienced though so not necessarily a scumtell. I hate how he is being aggressive towards his accuser Banana but not towards any other player, unlike Calix and Kovath who have already started the grilling.
    I wouldn't call anything Kovath has done so far "grilling".

48. ISO #48

I actually really dislike this post since you fence sit or say you like everyone you've mentioned. Scum often have a hard time scumhunting since they know who the actual scum are in the game.

Also, you said that your motives early on were to say questionable things and see how G4slight responded. Well here is how he responded. What do you glean from G4slight's response? What did you hope to get from his responses?

This next quote really REALLY bothers me. You like PoD's playstyle so you are adverse to lynching him?!? Seems like someone (Goat) is trying really hard to buddy PoD. Also, why do you keep answering questions for G4slight and defending him (see your question to Kovath)? If G4slight is "obviously the most scummy and reacting the worst to pressure" then why not vote him?
    I have never seen this strategy before PoD, it seems cool as shit so I would probably be averse to lynching you if that was your plan all along? PoD has always tried to completely lead the town day 1 so this is a weird departure from his usual strategy, he obviously knows we know this so literally who knows he's null as fuck to me. Anyways, I like how banana and calix are singling people out to grill and PoD has pretty much claimed he wants to do this.

Kovath I'm a noob with 0% winrate and I can see that g4slight is obviously the most scummy acting and reacting the worst to pressure, why do you need to vote him and take jabs at him? Do you think this makes you seem more town-acting than if you focused on somebody else?

49. ISO #49

Thoughts so far:

Powerofdeath - His move this game to have one on one conversations with people is a bit awkward. I think this could be a play as scum to avoid having to talk with everyone since he is focusing on one player at a time. So far he is only talking with G4slight except for a jab back at Banana. I'm hoping that I am misunderstanding what he intends to do here and that he won't ignore everyone he is not 1 on 1 conversing with. Time will tell.

I also dislike how PoD says that Bananacucho is scummy for bringing up drama from past game to discredit him but then doesn't vote Banana in light of this "scumtell". Scum leaning at the moment.

Powerofdeath, how is a 1 on 1 conversation better for you to find scum? Has this method ever been successful before? (Links to games in which it has would be awesome!). Can you also place a vote on someone?
    I saw that someone else said they were going to vote Banana, and I didnt really necessarily want to put Banana at L-1. My reasoning for not voting him at least.
    Dunno, but I was always able to read people better when they talk to me directly and I talk to them directly. Just like what we are doing right now. I read you better this way. I dont really read people based on them talking to other people directly.

I have never seen this strategy before PoD, it seems cool as shit so I would probably be averse to lynching you if that was your plan all along? PoD has always tried to completely lead the town day 1 so this is a weird departure from his usual strategy, he obviously knows we know this so literally who knows he's null as fuck to me. Anyways, I like how banana and calix are singling people out to grill and PoD has pretty much claimed he wants to do this.

I never played games with you before. What make you think I always lead town day 1? I am trying something new and S-FM is a good place to experiment my strategies.

I never played games with you before. What make you think I always lead town day 1? I am trying something new and S-FM is a good place to experiment my strategies.

Anyway, this.

-vote GoatseOntheCupboard

50. ISO #50

I saw that someone else said they were going to vote Banana, and I didnt really necessarily want to put Banana at L-1. My reasoning for not voting him at least.
    Dunno, but I was always able to read people better when they talk to me directly and I talk to them directly. Just like what we are doing right now. I read you better this way. I dont really read people based on them talking to other people directly.

Anyway, this.

-vote GoatseOntheCupboard
    Ok, seems reasonable. I misunderstood what you meant earlier by having 1 on 1 conversations. Although I personally can gain new insights on conversations that other players have in the game thread, so I would urge you not to rule out other types of interactions.

PoD going after Goat for perceived buddying with PoD seems like a town reaction. I think a scum PoD would be more inclined to let it slide and keep a player who seems to have jumped in his pocket right in there.