Next Roles Poll - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Vote for the roles you want first! (I am only doing one at a time)

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amnesiac [in next]

41 51.25%
  • Veteran [in now]

18 22.50%
  • Cultist [in after that]

21 26.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Roles Poll

1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102
    vileguy

Re: Next Roles Poll

I feel usurper and spirit medium are bad ideas. Usurper should win if mafia wins, seeing as their part of the mafia. I think people are too likely to give spoilers when dead, rat out their mafia buddies, etc. I think spirit medium would work if they could only talk to people right after they die, and those people couldn't talk to the other dead people until they are blocked from talking to spirit medium.

Recruit sounds cool and bodyguard sounds awesome.

3. ISO #103

Spirit Medium is fine because its not aligned with the town or the mafia, its a cult role... Would be interesting to see how the cult changes the game, heh.

I think putting Cultist in the vote is meaningless, because having Cult Leader includes the recruited people as Cultists. You can't add one without the other, and adding Spirit Medium without the cult would also be meaningless...

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105
    Deolrin

I don't understand the Hunter; What do you mean by 'trap for a day'? Is it basicaly the same as a Townie Silencer with a twist?

Miller sounds kinda 'meh' and boring, we already have the Janitor for that.

Bodyguard would be awesome if he didn't die with the attacker, that just makes him reluctant to do anything until there's like three people left in the game and he knows for sure who's the townie and who's the Mafia. Then his only chance is hope and get lucky. Overall, he seems like a rather weak and 'meh' role.

I don't understand Hitman. Is he like the Mafioso's\Godfather's sidekick, there only to help kill Survivors and Citizens? Either way, sounds bad because only the Citizen and the Survivor usually have 'immunity'. Godfather and Serial Killer are most often set to no immunity.

Usurper is bad for reasons stated by people above.

Silencer is pretty awesome. Voted for it.

Spirit Medium would be awesome, although I was really waiting for a Mafia\Townie\Completely Neutral role that does the same... If the cult gets implemented, that's an awesome idea, though.
    I assume that if one cult role wins the poll, all the other cult roles will be added, right? Or at least, if Medium wins. Of course, I'm not saying that Medium should be included if cultist\cult leader wins.

Cultist and Cult Leader are awesome, I voted for Cult Leader but I assume the cultists will also get implemented.

Mason Leader will FINALLY make masons less 'boring', as many people say. What happens if a Mason Leader recruits the Cult Leader or Godfather?

Recruit is very lame in my opinion. It sounds like a "MAFIA KILL ME I'M RECRUIT" kind of role. Kind of like what Jester was before today's update.

6. ISO #106

If the recruit says that, then the town (and more specifically the vigilante) knows who to ice. They need to play it cool. And if they dont get attacked, they'd win with the town anyway so all they really have to do is avoid Serial Killers.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108
    Afumba

Voted for Bodyguard, Silencer, Medium and Cult-leader (cult leader and mason leader was a coin toss )

Hunter - dont understand the role exactly... hmmm...^^

Miller - no oppinion on him yet^^

Bodyguard - What if GF or SK with night immunity attacks? Whats the outcome... only Bodyguard dies? No one dies?

Hitman - seems a bit weak atm

Silencer - bets role on the pole^^ And surely brings a lot of fun Everyone stating "defend urself!" or "state ur role" blabla to the accused guy... and the poor guy cant talk... haha... or faking it...

Usurper - hard winning condition... also cuz Mafia sees his role & know that he might try to kill GF^^ Mafia ppls would mostly be pro GF as pro him

Spirit Medium - sounds nice... but i think it would be nice if Spirit medium has to select someone (or a certain number) at the graveyard to be able to listen to his/their talk. Would be a bit harsh if she can hear everything^^

Cultist - does this mean he can only die by mason?...

Cult Leader - sounds nice

Mason Leader- would improve the Mason role

Recruit - no opinion so far on him

9. ISO #109
    Zilas

Hunter - Errr.. I couln't say If Id want this one In or not..

Miller - Think this role would suck, If there Is a Investigator who recently got the right people ( and he is being kept up alive due doctor) and he checks this guy and he appears to be guilty, well then its almost a guarandeed dead.. Yes I know that he can do say hes miller but really, why wouln't they take the risk? nothing much to lose really.

Bodyguard - Sounds like a lovely role. Giving ur life for someone else :P But if sk kills mafia and u save mafia :P then i'm not sure if u should be happy or not, anyhowever ima probablly vote on this one

Hitman - I never leave games when I'm alive, Unless a very Important thing pops up ofc, Anyway If I'd be this role, I would just leave straight away.

Usurper - What exactly If there Is no godfather? Does he just win if the mafia wins then? Also what Is this guy supposed to do anyway? sit on chair and hope for game to end without a gf in game or gf being dead? :P

Silencer - Hey, Zilas, Role? I don't reply since I can't :P so... I'd most likely just get random lynched, This role can be tricky though..Since some people don't talk or barely talk, But don't think I'm voting this cause yeah It's kinda annoying

Spirit Medium - This sounds like an Interesting role. Only can speak with the dead during night? Or will you make some chat available at day to switch to talk with dead talk with alive? Either way this role sounds lovely. Can also trick people by acting like you're this role etc, So this gets a vote.

no comment for these roles really... (not meaning bad i just got no clue what to say :P)
    Cultist
    Cult Leader
    Mason Leader

Recruit - Awesome Idea

Votes go to:

Recruit - Bodyguard - Spirit Medium

10. ISO #110
    Echo

I like the idea of a cult, but I think it should be more refined - 1) membership should be anonymous, this way you can't so easily deduct who is mob and who isn't if you're in the cult (as you'd know who the cultists are, so they obviously cant be mob too, right?)
    2) Cultists should have regular classes AND be in the cult, so that's it's basically an exclusive chat channel with anonymous users.
    3) A cult leader should be able to nominate a person for recruitment, so the only people who can 100% know for sure who is in the cult are the people who were already in it to begin with after they've started recruiting people.
    4) Cult max capacity should be set at the configuration screen, defaulting to 3-5?
    5) Every two rounds, the cult should be able to nominate someone to "sacrifice", not unlike the mob nominates kills, only less frequent (otherwise too many people dying in an evening).

I also like the idea of a class that can punish people who try to attack it at night (like the Hunter), but it should be targetable towards a specific person before hand, and if that person attacks them, they instead die.

My 2cents anyways

11. ISO #111
    Supersun

I think you need to expand what the cult actually does. Some people seem to be missing that they are an entirely new faction who's objective is to convert or kill every non cult member.

12. ISO #112

My opinions and questions on the new roles...

Hunter: allready said, kinda cool but I invision it better
    Miller: so you have absolutely no night powers and sheriff's and investigators see you as mafia? No one is going to want to play this role ever. It is hard enough getting people to play citizen or mason.
    Bodyguard: it's a cool idea but I would bet that most people wouldn't want to sacrifice themselves for someone else. Does the bodyguard still die if he protects someone who is attacked and is healed by a doctor? If he is I would think that would be too OP for town. Also a good role for a witch to manulipate into protecting themselves.
    Hitman: I like it a lot more now that I've had time to think about it, definetly add this! I have allready said how I think it should work so hopefully that is the same plan you have for them.
    Userper:
    Silencer: Could be a little op for mafia if someone is put on trial and then can't say anything in their defence. That would seriously make me rage hard if it happened to me. I would say either allow them to speak during their defence or give a notification at the start of each day that they are being silenced.
    cult roles: I like it and think it is cool because I was the original one that suggested it but the details of how they work are important. Spirit medium seems kind of random, one think I would like to know is what happens when the cult leader dies? I really think they should just turn back to their previous roles. Also what happens if you try to convert either a mafia member or a sk/arsonist? How are they killed by the masons? Does this mean the masons get the power to kill at night?
    mason leader: that's cool, as long as a n00b mason leader doesn't recruit a doctor or sheriff and screw the whole town over. What happens if you try to convert either a mafia member or a sk/arsonist?
    Recruit: Cool role dynamic for random games, I don't see it being used too much in pre-selected games because it might give too much power to the mafia.

13. ISO #113
    vileguy

Quote Originally Posted by Deolrin View Post
    Bodyguard would be awesome if he didn't die with the attacker, that just makes him reluctant to do anything until there's like three people left in the game and he knows for sure who's the townie and who's the Mafia. Then his only chance is hope and get lucky. Overall, he seems like a rather weak and 'meh' role.
    Bodyguard needs to die with the attacker, and actually the sooner the better. If bodyguard dies using his ability, he's killing either a SK, a Mafia, or a Vigi who is prob being stupid (assuming GF immunity doesn't foil this). That's worthwhile, and killing a SK sooner means an easier time for town. The only time a bodyguard would be sad is if a stupid Vigi got him them both killed, or if he got offed alone.

He is an INCREDIBLY powerful role, which is why he can only kill once. He is able to kill a Killer Role without knowing who it is. That is unbelievably strong in a game where the only info you have is based on trusting people blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by McPwnage View Post
    Bodyguard: it's a cool idea but I would bet that most people wouldn't want to sacrifice themselves for someone else. Does the bodyguard still die if he protects someone who is attacked and is healed by a doctor? If he is I would think that would be too OP for town. Also a good role for a witch to manulipate into protecting themselves.
    Bodyguard get to kill a SK or mafia, that's "better" than being a civ to most people. Bodyguard living if he got healed wouldn't be overpowered, it would be only slightly better than double medic:
    A heals B, B heals C, B and C are unkillable by 1 attack
    vs
    A heal B, B guards C, B and C are unkillable by 1 attack, attacker dies if targetting C, does not die if targetting B

That situation wouldn't happen all the time, and if u know there's a bodyguard that may be healed, just try to find the doctor. The only way this is going to happen is if the bodyguard thinks someone is a target and announces that he's guarding so a medic can heal him. That means you know 2 people who aren't a doc, probably others as well, more if you're mafia, so u can limit your attacks fine. If it's late in the game, u can know who the doc is right off the bat and kill them now and bodyguard next turn. It's perfectly balanced.

14. ISO #114
    Deolrin

It would be hilarious if a bodyguard protects a Mafioso from a Vigilante, then. :P

15. ISO #115
    Searix

bump

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Then why add the Hitman role at all? Just add those abilities as optionals for Mafioso. With the Godfather being able to kill on his own the Mafioso role became obsolete, personally I don't add it anymore. Changing Mafioso into Hitman would give the role viability again. Then again, when thinking of Consort/Janitor/Framer turning into Mafioso when alone, it might be overpowered late in the game.

18. ISO #118
    Mysterymeat

Some of these ideas are pretty cool. I like the idea of bodyguard, sacrificing yourself to take down mafia or sk. How does spirit medium win exactly, cause it would be pretty op if it was town but pretty useless for mafia. lol miller is funny, no one would want to be that role and it would give mafia a HUGE advantage cause it could waste a trial, and they could claim they are miller. Don't exactly get what cultists do... Masons leader is a very cool idea and would stop some ppl from spamming no masons and leaving if host puts them in. Recruit to me is kinda op by himself cause mafia doesn't kill him he only converts and if he didn't convert he could dodge all sheriffs. It would foce sheriff to inv ppl twice in case they changed from recruit to mafia. So I don't get the role of usuerper.... What does he do exactly except hope gf dies? Can he kill too.....or what? I mean he could just shout to the town who the gf is and prob die too but i don't see how else he could kill gf, beside hope sk or arsonist gets him.

19. ISO #119
    Faceless

I voted for Recruit, Spirit Medium, Mason Leader, and Silencer.

Spirit Medium has been suggested for a while (or at least I thought it was), so it would make sense to implement it. It just seems like a fun role and it would give the dead a reason to stay which would also hopefully cause them to stay until the end to get their points, and it would also make dying on night 1 a little less lame.

Recruit would give the mafia a sort of secondary goal, especially if they knew who the Recruit was but didn't target him/her right away. Increasing mafia vote numbers would be pretty high on my list of priorities as Godfather.

I personally loved Masons from the beginning, but it seems like most other people tend to hate any role that doesn't involve clicking someone's name at night, so Mason Leader could fix this and give Masons a really cool new way to play by scoping out potential new guys.

Silencer sounds like a really really really fun role and could (and would) add a new way for people to lie, and that's what the game is all about, right? It'd be kinda like having a Framer around. People would second-guess themselves or their allies, and the "That guy's been quiet for a while, he must be mafia" argument would start to fade a little.

As for the Cult, I think they'd be kind of hard to incorporate into an average setup, but they'd still be fun.

20. ISO #120
    Steve

I know this is meant to be a poll on roles the official makers are thinking about, but I could not sleep last night (after some rounds of mafia...XD) And had a few ideas for possible roles, and figured, this would be the best place to pitch them.

First: Deputy: Town, Becomes a Sheriff if the Town loses its last/current Sheriff(s), otherwise, works like a citizen, in case consiglere investigates. Earns extra points if the town wins and does not have to be deputized.

Either that, or make a Sheriff ability: Deputize: Gives a citizen or Mason the option to become a Sheriff.

Second: Lawyer: Neutral, Hides a person's role from all detection Consider Self target?

Speaking of Self Target, in traditional Mafia I have played, the doctor CAN target himself...so perhaps consider adding a self target for the doctor with like a single use? Or multiple with an option like survivors number of vests. Just a thought.

Finally, I was thinking something like a priest, that calls a Mass once per game and role blocks everyone.

Anyway...Have fun, and I will be giddy with glee if I ever do see any of my suggestions. ^_^

S-

21. ISO #121
    Omgproberush

Still pushing for the Miller just to add a role that isn't a power role but nonetheless mixes things up. Of course, everyone will probably quit out as them, but it'd be fun to have them anyway for when people don't ragequit. Bodyguard sounds cool too.

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123
    Uzban

Bodyguard (bonus points if they take a hit for the sherriff or doc ?)

24. ISO #124
    Yarr

Im not a mason hater, but mason leader would totally spice that shit up.

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127
    Fulla

Please add the Mason leader, or simply let all masons together vote on attempting to recruit one person each night.

That would make Mason being such a fun role.

28. ISO #128
    Membrax

As I understand it, Recruit is pretty OP for mafia. Losing 1 town member AND mafia gaining another member is almost gg right there.
    At least, make the investigator & sheriff have a particular description for this role. But even then, at best you'll "only" lose a town member and mafia is going as strong as ever.
    Dunno, game is already hard enough for town in public games.

29. ISO #129
    Deolrin

Yeah, the Recruit really looks like a game-breaking role, I seriously suggest you to replace it for one of the other roles on the poll. A mason leader will certainly fix a lot.
    Also, assuming the spirit medium is going on in, how are you planning to implement it? A Neutral role? A cult role along with all the other cult roles? Or what?

30. ISO #130
    thisismyname

I don't really understand what the purpose of the Spirit Medium is. What would a neutral role have to gain from talking to the dead other than to troll the game?

31. ISO #131
    Supersun

Purple = cultist I believe

32. ISO #132
    Deolrin

He's a member of the cult.
    As in, he works with the Cultists and Cult Leader.

33. ISO #133
    thisismyname

Quote Originally Posted by Deolrin View Post
    He's a member of the cult.
    As in, he works with the Cultists and Cult Leader.
    Ah, I see. Still, I don't see the great value of this. Wouldn't it make more sense to make it a town role? Then it would be up to the SM to determine if what is being said to him is coming from a dead townie or a mafioso.

34. ISO #134
    Supersun

Makes more sense with the cult since if the town had it the mafia would just never speak about the game when dead. The cult on the other hand is a little safer since the members of the cult tend to change.

35. ISO #135
    Zimonek

If more roles are added, it would be cool if there were 16 players.

36. ISO #136
    Deolrin

Yes, more players would be epic!

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

Well I voted and would like to explain my votes and why I think they are the only 2 viable on the list.
    I would have voted bus driver but that role is already going in. However I think that for creation purposes the role should be simplified.

I voted for bodyguard as this role is simple and can be used very effectively in public games and premades to turn the tide of the game with a well timed "Save".

I also voted for silencer as this role opens op alot of opportunities for neutrals and newer players at the game who simply do not understand everything yet. They can simply opt to be silent and suspicious parties will think them victim to the Silencer. It is also an incredibly powerful too for mafia to prevent information from leaking after they make a critical kill that only the "silenced" person would be able to identify as a mafia hit. I am really looking forward to this role.

I did not vote for the other roles for this reason. I believe hunter is a weaker version of the silencer and would rather see it in play as the silencer as mafia being silenced is nowhere near as strong as a town member being silenced.

The following roles are very easily abused: Spirit Medium, Recruit, Upserper, Miller. These roles are very open to abuse by dead players/alive players. The jester already provides us the "troll" role and I honestly feel adding these will turn the game into less of a game of strategy and more of a game of luck. I am not 100% positive on this opinion until I could see the final goal list of each role.

Also an opinion regarding your post on the difficulty of putting the bus driver in. You could avoid that by giving the arson a different description when investigated by a consig/investigator. Example would be "Your target is willing to give his life for his cause" and have him be the opposite of the Arsonist. The town would think twice to lynch an arson if they knew they could lose a bodyguard in the process.

More feedback and posts to come in the future. Just registered today
    *reserved*

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140
    townkrier

I agree with thisismyname. I don't really see the point in adding a 4th group. I really like the class Spirit Medium, but as a town role. I just don't like the idea of adding too many groups and making the town less significant. Already it seems like most games make the town about 50%. With this it would be even less.

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143
    styx0202

i though about a role

Cop (police officer); can arrest person for 1 day, prisoner can't speak (includes night chat, masons/mafia) or do any any actions (at night)
    additional options (if host enables them) if cop gets attacked at night, he protects himself with taser and survives the night, also sees who was his attacker (name of person).

what do you think ?

44. ISO #144
    Membrax

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    There's all this talk about the Bus Driver... Just what the heck is that role anyway? I don't see it in the list ;o
    Looks to be inspired from this role:
    https://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Driver

Basically, he can swap 2 people at night. Pretty cool role, with lots of possibilities (hence the complex implementation).

45. ISO #145

Quote Originally Posted by styx0202 View Post
    i though about a role

Cop (police officer); can arrest person for 1 day, prisoner can't speak (includes night chat, masons/mafia) or do any any actions (at night)
    additional options (if host enables them) if cop gets attacked at night, he protects himself with taser and survives the night, also sees who was his attacker (name of person).

what do you think ?
    I think that the taser option is overkill. Simply being able to arrest someone at night as a powerful roleblock would be sufficient but I feel the role overlaps the Escort way too much and the silencing portion would be better used in the hands of the Silencer, a mafia affiliate.
    *reserved*

46. ISO #146
    Sarzael

I want Spirit Medium, Cultist, And Cult Leader to be added, also Mason Leader is a good add too.

Maybe Cultist and Masons cannot be added by host, but you can add Cult Leader and Mason Leader.

[move]I hope those four to be added![/move]

47. ISO #147
    Faceless

Quote Originally Posted by platorepublic
    What happened to the Homosexual role?

Homosexual = Immunity to Roleblockers and can silence any person 10% of the time. (I am serious.)
    -snicker-

48. ISO #148
    souleye

Silencer sounds most fun, pardon the pun. Spirit medium second, but not really close.

49. ISO #149
    Deolrin

So when are those guys getting implemented?
    I was waiting for this update eagerly just to see what you will do with the Spirit Medium(Will he still be cult? Etc.).
    I guess Coroner and Bus Driver are good enough, though... :P

50. ISO #150
    Sarzael

Quote Originally Posted by Goonswarm View Post
    Well I voted and would like to explain my votes and why I think they are the only 2 viable on the list.
    I would have voted bus driver but that role is already going in. However I think that for creation purposes the role should be simplified.

I voted for bodyguard as this role is simple and can be used very effectively in public games and premades to turn the tide of the game with a well timed "Save".

I also voted for silencer as this role opens op alot of opportunities for neutrals and newer players at the game who simply do not understand everything yet. They can simply opt to be silent and suspicious parties will think them victim to the Silencer. It is also an incredibly powerful too for mafia to prevent information from leaking after they make a critical kill that only the "silenced" person would be able to identify as a mafia hit. I am really looking forward to this role.

I did not vote for the other roles for this reason. I believe hunter is a weaker version of the silencer and would rather see it in play as the silencer as mafia being silenced is nowhere near as strong as a town member being silenced.

The following roles are very easily abused: Spirit Medium, Recruit, Upserper, Miller. These roles are very open to abuse by dead players/alive players. The jester already provides us the "troll" role and I honestly feel adding these will turn the game into less of a game of strategy and more of a game of luck. I am not 100% positive on this opinion until I could see the final goal list of each role.

Also an opinion regarding your post on the difficulty of putting the bus driver in. You could avoid that by giving the arson a different description when investigated by a consig/investigator. Example would be "Your target is willing to give his life for his cause" and have him be the opposite of the Arsonist. The town would think twice to lynch an arson if they knew they could lose a bodyguard in the process.

More feedback and posts to come in the future. Just registered today
    Miller adds the strategy to mafia of telling they are miller, not mafia, and they might got a change of surviving then.
    I personally dont like Recruit so much, but i dont see why would it turn it into a luck game.
    Userper is a enemy to the mafia inside the mafia, which is objetive is make his way to the lead, i dont see why should it be luck.
    Spirit Medium is part of the cult, which can ask the dead players for find out whos mafia or whos the better one for convert.