Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
  1. ISO #901

2. ISO #902

Re: S-FM 191: Decisions

[QUOTE=secondpassing;590177]
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Oh. I think you got me mixed up with AIVION, I was night killed for activity.

He and I are rather similar.
    Uh, Helz and AIVION were hydraing. These are Helz's comments to AIVION about how he might approach mislynching you in terms of casting your behavior as scummy.

3. ISO #903

[QUOTE=secondpassing;590177]
    Oh. I think you got me mixed up with AIVION, I was night killed for activity.

He and I are rather similar.
    I'm not sure what you mean
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #904

I really think if that had been posted in a timely manner that SP would have been the D1 lynch for a combination of the reasoning in it, the 'teaching' notes attached with it and the targeted appeals that I used.. I bet if AVION had posted that he could have lurked the entire next day as well before getting real pressure : )

That shit was sexy
    LOL, and this is why we made comments to the effect of "Helz could sell ice to eskimos / underwear to nudists" in the Bag of Goodies game.

5. ISO #905

6. ISO #906

Really though that was probably one of the strongest cases I have ever made against town D1. I think you just walked into the game a little too excited and lacked direction. Posting your thoughts as they come to you is a very powerful tool to being read as transparent town but you need to find a middle ground between just doing anything that pops into your head and thinking about how you post. Its the same situation in fighting. Some very good fighters step into the ring and are just too hyperactive flipping between actions as opposed to being a little more relaxed and following through with their technique. Just give it a few games and once you are more confident in your plays you will level out in a way that will be much harder to paint you as scummy. I could see you becoming very transparent as town in the future but you will probably have trouble with your scum game with that play style.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #907

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    If you find scum but fail to convince others to lynch them, you forfeit the right to say that you played well.
    This hits a point I have been pushing for a while.

In order to gloat about knowing the scum you have to be certain of your read that the player(s) was(were) scum. And if you were certain and failed to lynch the player then you kinda failed harder than the people who had no idea who the scum was. At least they were ignorant, you claim to have had the game solved and failed to use that info to push your win condition forward. The objective of town is not to identify scum, its to eliminate them. This pops in my head every time I hear someone say they played a good game because they 'identified the scum' yet did nothing with this information. Its either the player is misrepresenting their level of certainty on their scum reads or they failed hardcore.

8. ISO #908

Thank you Helz.

I have no doubt that if AIVION posted that, I would have been dead. AIVION's scummy looking posts would have been ignored and mafia probably would have steamrolled.

There's a boatload to learn from what makes me scum-seeming in there, so in future games I'll try to repress it.

I don't like how detailed the post is and how darn mafia I look, but it's good.

I'll try to digest this post like your guide to communication. (Which I still need to learn to apply)

9. ISO #909

The best advice I can give you given your play is to try to evolve your posting style. Most importantly read your posts before you make them and evaluate what it is you are saying and its implications. If you take the time to do that for just 1 game you will probably grow more as a player than you have in your last 10 games. Every game you play read back through the thread after the game has ended and look at what the scum posted trying to figure out where you could have identified that they were scum and how they manipulated the game against you. Maybe play a game and try to give yourself a small post limit that forces you to select the information you want to convey and the interactions you want to make.