User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: SoMuch: 1-S2-1-677001

NAME / SC ID VERIFICATION
    CORRECT: 1-S2-1-677001

Respective Hotkeys

Was the Game Result altered?
    Only in the limited sense that there was no Neutral Killing role after SoMuch role quit.

Previous Offenses
    Tons, among the recent ones:
    Role Quitting (Ban List): https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-1-S2-1-677001
    Intentional Game-Throwing (Ban List): https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-1-S2-1-677001

Player Offenses
    Role Quitting

Summary
    SoMuch rolls Arsonist and announces to the Town "rip", "im arson", "im leaving". This is a clear role quit with intent clear as well, given his announcement of his role and saying that he was going to leave. There is no possible ambiguity here given his comments to the Town. The rest of the game proceeded normally.

While a role qutting offense is usually a very minor thing, this is something like SoMuch's tenth different offense. This player has had significant leeway to clean up his play including a number of permabans which have later been cut back in the hope that he would do so -- a number of "last chances" that have been blown. I really don't see much choice other than to recommend a permaban or at the warden's discretion, a very long ban list (such as 12x). Nothing else seems to be sticking.

Recommended Action
    Permaban or Ban List x 12

Additional Notes
    Thank you for this report.
    Last edited by DarknessB; March 7th, 2016 at 06:17 PM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Rolequitting is a bannable offense now? Well fair enough, but what do you expect after I played thousands of games and then mods reset my points midgame so I am unable to blacklist, and then they reset them again once I got back to 3000 because it is impossible to have 3,000 points with the games I had. Ban me if you want, gamethrowing 1/50 games is inevitable with how active I play, and how egregious some people's play is. Well GLGL.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Rolequitting is a bannable offense now? Well fair enough, but what do you expect after I played thousands of games and then mods reset my points midgame so I am unable to blacklist, and then they reset them again once I got back to 3000 because it is impossible to have 3,000 points with the games I had. Ban me if you want, gamethrowing 1/50 games is inevitable with how active I play, and how egregious some people's play is. Well GLGL.
    With all due respect, there are many of us who have logged thousands of games and have not accumulated anywhere near the record of reported offenses that you have, if any offenses whatsoever. Perhaps you are simply playing too close to the line / crossing the line on occasion? At the very least, if you know you have had issues with rules violations before, it would be helpful to be a little more careful. You've played more than enough to know not to role quit.

Also, many offenses are not reported due to player apathy or not knowing about the forums. No one is out to get you, but when your name keeps coming up time and time again, you really leave us little choice but to escalate punishments. A role quit isn't a huge offense, but we really need you to clean up your play.

7. ISO #7

History of what, gamethrowing? I have gamethrown about 100 games out of 10,000. You even said yourself to me "everybody gamethrows once in awhile". If you want to use my history, that is fine although all but the cult gamethrow report is fabricated or wrong. Reported for rolequitting, sure I do that often, was not even aware it was an offense. I say choo everytime someone leaves, just learned that was also bannable. I have many bannable offenses, but only one has been correctly reported to this website ( the cult game). Last week I was banned for hacking, but because I decided to finally make an account I had actual intelligent people review it.

Also to darknessb, I am aware, but very few players are as active as me. If you look at every single game I am in, i type more than every other player combined. I spend all game trying to find roles, and win for town, and then d6 or whatever I get culted. Hard not to get frustrated at those scenarios... If you really want I can go through every single report and show why they are a joke (aside from the cult+rolequit). Granted I could also submit 50+ replays of me gamethrowing that are not reported.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I am aware, those were Superjack's words not mine. Although that raises a good point. You have never gamethrown, but many of your plays are what causes people to gamethrow. You are not as emotionally invested into the game as others are. I play to compete and improve which means I am actively leading town regardless of my alignment every single game (sometimes I will lurk if I feel it is correct). You are mostly idle in the games I have played with you. It is fine if you are playing for fun, but people who play like that are not going to get mad when their alignment makes mistakes that give them a loss that should not have happened. It is the other players like me who get angry at your style of play. Your lack of contributing hides information from me that in turn causes me to make mistakes that results in towns loss. Two of our recent games for example: I was town and claimed survivor to see if the benign would counterclaim me (cc usually means survivor or amnesiac, no cc means exe or jester). When the benign died at night and I explained this to you, all you did was tunnel on my fake claim. This particular case is not really your fault, but had I been any of the other town and saw this happen I would lose all desire to continue in that game normally. Second game was me as confirmed town gov. I had two total invest claims, and you did not pm me your role( you were town invest). This resulted in me having two people confirmed as town( 2 required town invests, 2 total town invest claims) when one of them fake claimed. Assuming no cult possibilities there is 0 reason to not pm a town gov your role in that case, and it could very easily result in an angry town gov gamethrowing. Would it be childish, sure, but I assume you can at least understand where the frustration comes in.

I don't gamethrow to ruin games, I do it because I get frustrated at people not trying to play the game. People can play poorly, I do it all the time, but there are many cases that leave me bewildered...

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

And that is fair, but how is me throwing out of frustration any different than the other players who actually lose town the game? The other players made severe errors that really should not happen even if it is your first game. Do you not agree that a town invest in the given scenario not pming me as town gov is game throwing? I will agree getting culted, and throwing is pretty toxic throwing, but games where I am town or mafia are really just other players throwing by making huge obvious mistakes that everyone sees but for them... and of course me whining and bitching before I concede. Is there no difference between my usual game throw and somebody who joins the game intending to throw?

Also a question: Is using the pause mechanic considered OGI(I would think yes?). I am mckd everygame, if a disguiser kills some1 I can pause the game to reveal "somuch" has paused the game and that I am still me. If judge courts I can say "MCKD SAYS VOTE X, I WILL NOW PAUSE THE GAME TO CONFIRM IT IS ME". I can pause the game twice if I am blackmailed giving the town information before the vote process where I am able to spam skip or votes (if court would not get this chance).

12. ISO #12

Because we all at times get frustrated, but we keep it under the hood. We don't gamethrow.
    And unfortunately being stupid is not a crime. When other players are too thick to do x thing, its part of it.
    But when you have the intellect to know that doing x thing is wrong, and still doing it. Its then it crosses the line.

Using the pause button, is one of them scenarios where you are abusing a mechanic not part of the game. I would consider it OGI, we have not had to investigate this situation yet and hope not to.

The amount of effort you have placed into this topic is quite eyebrow raising. You are looking to push yourself to Improve and compete yet limit yourself to the sc2Arcade? I would highly recommend playing the forum version of it, you seem very capable of holding your own.

Feel free to add me on skype : superjackkk

We can discuss this topic in more detail, and if you wish to know anything more I'm easier to grab their.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

13. ISO #13

Yeah I know throwing is bad, but in my opinion the high volume of games I play correct should make up for the 1/50 game I throw. If it was reported every time I threw or rolequit, I would make hackers seem like saints, but it is because I have a high volume of games. If you guys go by zero tolerance then I guess there is not much I guess RIP my sc2 mafia days.

I use the sc2 arcade to warmup for starcraft ladder as I play that at a high level. Most of our in house skilled mafia group has moved on from sc2, so we play using webcams and never with neutral alignment. Maybe after I get permabanned I'll check out forummafia, although I have been told it is not played all at the same time.

Also you removed me from your skype contacts, I am hurt.

14. ISO #14

Yeah I know throwing is bad, but in my opinion the high volume of games I play correct should make up for the 1/50 game I throw. If it was reported every time I threw or rolequit, I would make hackers seem like saints, but it is because I have a high volume of games. If you guys go by zero tolerance then I guess there is not much I guess RIP my sc2 mafia days.

I use the sc2 arcade to warmup for starcraft ladder as I play that at a high level. Most of our in house skilled mafia group has moved on from sc2, so we play using webcams and never with neutral alignment. Maybe after I get permabanned I'll check out forummafia, although I have been told it is not played all at the same time.

While we appreciate your desire to play a high quality game, we really don't consider game-throwing 2% (1/50) of the time to be acceptable by any means. Part of being a good Mafia player is accepting imperfection -- it's a game of persuasion at the end of the day, and sometimes you get stuck with a poor faction (whether Town or Mafia / Triad) or people just mess up despite their best intentions. That's just life and you move on / try to do better the next time. By your own admission, you have played a lot of games. Ideally, you would develop a thicker skin around when things don't go your way. If we were talking about game-throwing 1/1000 games (0.1%), I personally (i.e. not in my capacity as staff) could see that as closer to being "noise" and more understandable in terms of volume.

Please understand that game-throwing is intentionally tanking the game out of frustration or the desire to troll / ruin the experience for others. Aside from cheating / hacking, it's pretty much the one thing that you don't want to be doing and that we simply can't tolerate. The role quitting is a little more borderline in my personal opinion -- it's still not fair to the other players though in terms of allowing them to play a balanced / complete setup. Think about it from the perspective of others in your games -- they don't want their experiences impacted negatively just as much as you don't want yours impacted that way either. At the end of the day, you can't control their behavior, but only yours. It's corny, but try to be a part of the solution, not the problem.
    Last edited by DarknessB; March 9th, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

15. ISO #15

I did? I occasionaly remove people who havent thrown me a message in a while, cause its hardwork on the phone with to many contacts.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

16. ISO #16

That is a fair point. I think my game throwing is different. Example, final 4 as mafia I tell my teammate not to target the one person because he is vet, and then he suicides on him anyway. Final 3 I spend all day bitching about my teammates play rather than trying to convince the vet to lynch the other guy. Vote logic, graveyard roles, etc have me confirmed mafia if they were paying attention, and the game is essentially already over. I never throw to ruin my alignments chance at winning, it is essentially obnoxious griefing.

Rolequitting is obviously an issue. I do not know what you expect after I play thousands of games to get 24k points then have a mod take them away. Not a big issue, but then they consistently remove my points over and over, and I am stuck playing as roles that just sit there and lurk.... Also, blizzard removing game names is a huge issue for arcade games, but obviously nothing you can do about that.

17. ISO #17

That is a fair point. I think my game throwing is different. Example, final 4 as mafia I tell my teammate not to target the one person because he is vet, and then he suicides on him anyway. Final 3 I spend all day bitching about my teammates play rather than trying to convince the vet to lynch the other guy. Vote logic, graveyard roles, etc have me confirmed mafia if they were paying attention, and the game is essentially already over. I never throw to ruin my alignments chance at winning, it is essentially obnoxious griefing.

Rolequitting is obviously an issue. I do not know what you expect after I play thousands of games to get 24k points then have a mod take them away. Not a big issue, but then they consistently remove my points over and over, and I am stuck playing as roles that just sit there and lurk.... Also, blizzard removing game names is a huge issue for arcade games, but obviously nothing you can do about that.
    You seem like a swell fella, just you let your emotions sometimes get the better of you.
    We've been talkin about holdin some private games, where we can get a good long game in and chill without noobs.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016