• Shinra Employee
    • Shinra Employee
    • Shinra Employee

AVALANCHE
    • Cloud Strife
    • Party Member
    • Party Member

Sephiroth

Party Member possible roles: Aerith Gainsborough, Barret Wallace, Tifa Lockhart, Red XIII, Vincent Valentine, Yuffie, Cid
    Turk/Shinra Executive possible roles: Tseng, Reno, Rude, Elena, Heidegger, Scarlet, Palmer, Reeve, Hojo

Role List:

Spoiler : Shinra Corporation :

Spoiler : Rufus Shinra :

Rufus Shinra
    You are the president of the Shinra Corporation. You can reveal at any time during day by sending a PM to the host. After being revealed you will gain a permanent extra vote (for a total of 2 votes) until you die.
    You can not be killed the day you reveal.
    You will be seen as a Shinra Employee to investigatives before you've revealed.

Spoiler : Turks :

Tseng
    Target one player at night, revealing their alignment (non-AVALANCHE/AVALANCHE).
    Reno
    Target one player at night, roleblocking them.
    You will not be notified if the roleblock is unsuccessful.
    Rude
    Target one player at night, learning who visited them.
    Does not bypass detection immunity.
    Elena
    Target one player at night to learn who they visited that night.
    Does not bypass detection immunity.

Spoiler : Shinra Executive :

Heidegger
    Target one player during the day, jailing them the following night.
    The jailed target will be roleblocked and immune to night kills, and will not be able to participate in any other night chat other than the Jailer's.
    You may choose to execute your target, limited to 1 time.
    Scarlet
    Target two players at night, giving one of them a gun and the other a bulletproof vest.
    Using the gun/vest will be used instead of the players night action.
    Limited to 2 handouts.
    Palmer
    Target two players at night, switching their places which causes night actions that target one of the swapped players to be redirected to the other one.
    Your first named target will count as the first target.
    You may self target.
    Reeve
    Target two players during the day, giving them access to an anonymous night chat the follow night.
    Reeve can not read the anonymous night chat.
    Hojo
    Target one player at night, protecting them from all attacks.
    Prevents the target from being roleblocked.

Spoiler : Shinra Employee :

Shinra Employee
    You are employed by the Shinra Corporation. You possess the power to vote.

Spoiler : AVALANCHE :

Spoiler : Cloud Strife :

Cloud Strife
    You share a night chat with the other members of AVALANCHE. At night, you may collaborate who to target for your factional night kill. You may either send yourself to perform the kill or send one of your team members.
    You may instead of submitting a night kill target a dead player listed in the graveyard, becoming their role but keeping your alignment and win condition. Limited to (1) use.
    Immune to detection before choosing a new role.
    Cannot claim Rufus, Sephiroth's, Scarlet or Heidegger's role from the graveyard.
    You are immune to roleblocks and attacks.

Spoiler : Party Member :

Tifa Lockhart
    Target one player during the night, giving them a suit of your choice. When they die, the suit will be revealed in place of their role.
    Limited to 2 uses.

You share a night chat with the other members of AVALANCHE. At night, you may collaborate who to target for your factional night kill.
    Aerith Gainsborough
    Target one player during the night, roleblocking them.
    You will not be notified if the roleblock is unsuccessful.

You share a night chat with the other members of AVALANCHE. At night, you may collaborate who to target for your factional night kill.
    Barret Wallace
    Target one player at night, learning their exact role.

Cid Highwind
    Target two players during the day, giving them access to an anonymous night chat the follow night.
    Cid can read the anonymous night chat.

Vincent Valentine
    Target one player at night, learning either who they visited or who visited your target.

Red XIII
    Target one player during the night, making them appear as another role of your choice to investigatives for that night.
    You may instead frame the target so it looks as they visited another target of your choice.

Yuffie
    Target one player at night, redirecting all actions on yourself towards your target.
    Limited to (2) uses.

Spoiler : Chaotic Evil :

Spoiler : Sephiroth :

Sephiroth
    Target one player at night, killing them.
    Once during the game, you may publicly kill another player regardless if it is day or night, as long as you are alive. You can trigger this by pming the host "assassinate <TARGET>".
    Immune to detection. Will show up as an inactive Shinra Employee to investigatives.

Special Mechanic: Materia
    Each night, 2 random players are given a piece of materia. The materia can be used instead of your night action.
    Materias have (1) use.
    Spoiler : Materia :

Restore Materia
    Target one player at night, protecting them from all attacks.
    You may self target.
    Gives no feedback to the user.
    Heal Materia
    Target one player at night, giving them immunity to roleblocks for that night.
    Contain Materia
    Target one player at night, roleblocking them.
    Steal Materia
    Target one player at night, stealing any items they possess.
    Includes other materia.
    Healing prevents stealing.
    Cover Materia
    Target one player at night, getting attacked in their place while counterattacking their attacker.
    You can not be healed while succesfully protecting someone.
    Counterattack pierce night immunity.
    Sense Materia
    Target one player at night, revealing their alignment (non-AVALANCHE/AVALANCHE).
    Manipulate Materia
    Target two players at night, manipulating your first target into visiting your second target.

Win Conditions:
    Shinra Corporation: Eliminate AVALANCHE, Sephiroth and Jenova and have at least one player alive.
    AVALANCHE: Eliminate the Shinra Corporation, Sephiroth and Jenova and have at least one player alive.
    Sephiroth: Survive to eliminate the Shinra Corporation and AVALANCHE.

OoO:
    1. Heidegger jails
    2. Jailer/architect/night chats open.
    3. Yuffie hides
    4. Heal Materia/Steal Materia
    5. Reno/Aeris roleblock/Contain Materia
    6. Manipulate Materia
    7. Hojo heals/Scarlet handout/Restore Materia/Cover Materia
    8. Red XIII frames
    9. Night Kills
    10. Tifa hands out suit
    11. Investigatives investigate simultaneously/Sense Materia
    12. Cloud remembers role

Mechanics:
    Days are 48 hours long.
    Nights are 24 hours long.
    Always send in your night action. If you do not wish to commit an action, mention it in the PM.
    Hammer is set at 51%. To place a vote you need to use the [vote] tag.
    Night will begin at the designated time regardless if there has occured a lynch or not.
    Being immune to detection means that you will appear as a Shinra Employee to investigatives.
    As AVALANCHE, performing the night kill counts as a night action (i.e. you will not be able to submit any other night action if you perform the kill for your team).
    Commiting suicide is not allowed.
    Last Wills are allowed.

Rules:
    No out of game communication.
    Minimum 5 posts per day. If days are skipped early this don't apply.
    You may not use any other language than english.
    You may not post URLs or lead other players to other sites or pages.
    Pictures are allowed, as long as they don't disrupt the game.
    No deleting/editing posts.

Changelog:
    EDIT 1. Removed a Shinra Employee and added Jenova, neutral witch.
    EDIT 2. Added special mechanic, "Materia".
    EDIT 3. Switched faction colors around to avoid confusion, Shinra is now green (town) and AVALANCHE is now red (maf).
    EDIT 4. Vote system changed. Changed to lynch at 51% of the votes.
    EDIT 5. Changed the conditions for Sephiroth's assassination. Now Sephiroth doesn't need to know who Jenova is to use it, but will instead learn of who Jenova is by targeting him.
    EDIT 6. Tweaked Cloud, removed Jenova for a Shinra Employee.
    Last edited by Shifty; May 8th, 2016 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Typo

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM FF7

Target two players at night, switching their places which causes night actions that target one of the swapped players to be redirected to the other one.
    You may self target.
    Lol, inspired by me?

Scarlet
    Target two players at night, giving one of them a gun and the other a bulletproof vest.
    Using the gun/vest will be used instead of the players night action.
    Limited to 2 handouts.
    Is this order specific, or randomized?

Barret Wallace
    Target one player at night, learning their exact role.
    Do they learn just the exact role, or also the players name? Would be countereffective with a witch around.

Sephiroth
    Target one player at night, killing them.
    Once during the game, you may kill another player regardless if it is day or night, as long as you are alive. You can trigger this by pming the host "assassinate <TARGET>".
    If you attack Jenova, you will instead learn of each others identities.
    I think Sephiroth and Jenova should become a shared faction upon learning eachothers identity.
    Also, if Sephiroth publicly kills someone during day, if he attacks Jenova and learns identity, then both are revealed and it's like "Oh shit, TIFU"

5. ISO #5

Very basic comment here -- I understand why you have switched the colors (red being the uninformed majority and green being the informed minority). I feel like this is ripe for confusion, however, especially among players who haven't read the setup quickly or players who might be juggling different games. From the perspective of Shinra, they are the good guys and Avalanche are the evil infiltrators, so perhaps you just do a color flip?

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Lol, inspired by me?

Is this order specific, or randomized?

Do they learn just the exact role, or also the players name? Would be countereffective with a witch around.

I think Sephiroth and Jenova should become a shared faction upon learning eachothers identity.
    Also, if Sephiroth publicly kills someone during day, if he attacks Jenova and learns identity, then both are revealed and it's like "Oh shit, TIFU"
    1. I believe so, yes. When it came to rolecards I took some inspiration from other games. Hope it's OK. =P
    2. I think randomized is more balanced.
    3. Fair point, but doesn't this apply to most investigatives then?
    4. I was thinking of this, could stay balanced considering the slim chance of Sephiroth actually attacking Jenova early on. I'll most likely add that in.
    5. True, I'll think of something, maybe adding in a "safe-switch" so that Sephiroth only can use his ability once him and Jenova knows eachother, or if Jenova is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Very basic comment here -- I understand why you have switched the colors (red being the uninformed majority and green being the informed minority). I feel like this is ripe for confusion, however, especially among players who haven't read the setup quickly or players who might be juggling different games. From the perspective of Shinra, they are the good guys and Avalanche are the evil infiltrators, so perhaps you just do a color flip?
    Alright, no problem.

7. ISO #7

Re: S-FM FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Shinra Corporation
    Rufus Shinra
    Turk/Shinra Executive
    Turk/Shinra Executive
    Turk/Shinra Executive
    Shinra Employee
    Shinra Employee
    Shinra Employee
    Shinra Employee

AVALANCHE
    Cloud Strife
    Party Member
    Party Member

Sephiroth

Jenova
    Just a little comment, but the formating can be a bit confusing. Here's a fix I've made just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Shinra Corporation
    • Rufus Shinra
    • Turk/Shinra Executive
    • Turk/Shinra Executive
    • Turk/Shinra Executive
    • Shinra Employee
    • Shinra Employee
    • Shinra Employee
    • Shinra Employee

AVALANCHE
    • Cloud Strife
    • Party Member
    • Party Member

HTML Code:
    [COLOR="#00FF00"][B]Shinra Corporation[/B]
    [LIST][*]Rufus Shinra[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[/LIST]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]AVALANCHE[/B]
    [LIST][*]Cloud Strife[*]Party Member[*]Party Member[/LIST]
    [/COLOR]

8. ISO #8

Re: S-FM FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Just a little comment, but the formating can be a bit confusing. Here's a fix I've made just for that.

HTML Code:
    [COLOR="#00FF00"][B]Shinra Corporation[/B]
    [LIST][*]Rufus Shinra[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Turk/Shinra Executive[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[*]Shinra Employee[/LIST]
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][B]AVALANCHE[/B]
    [LIST][*]Cloud Strife[*]Party Member[*]Party Member[/LIST]
    [/COLOR]
    I can totally see why, fixed it and thank you very much! =)

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

@Shifty , likely going to approve this soon if you're up to host.

Are players informed of being roleblocked?

Is Scarlet's limitations on the number nights they can perform their action, or the total number of items they can give out?

Are power roles unique if they exist?

Jail works even if a lynch happened that day, correct?

Does Elena see all targets a person visited?

I am worried about Cloud Strife's ability to gain access to a night kill by becoming either Heidegger or Scarlet

Are the effects Red XIII's ability permanent, or do they expire?

Is Sephiroth's kill instant?

Suggestion: Let Sephiroth and Jenova share an alignment but possibly not know who each other are; surviving to the end as scum is a harder wincon.

Jenova needs to be buffed or get an easier wincon; she needs to to see 11 players dead but has no kill of her own. I suggest she get Sephiroth's kill or some other boost if he dies.

Concern: Town can lynch scum every day and still lose. It's a bit much to have 5 scum, and I suggest making a scum role into someone who can win with town or simply drop a scum to gain another town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    @Shifty , likely going to approve this soon if you're up to host.

Are players informed of being roleblocked?
    Yes, players are informed of being roleblocked.

Is Scarlet's limitations on the number nights they can perform their action, or the total number of items they can give out?
    The numbers of nights she can perform her action.

Are power roles unique if they exist?
    PR roles are not unique, no.

Jail works even if a lynch happened that day, correct?
    Yes.

Does Elena see all targets a person visited?
    No. If a target visits more than 1 person she will see their first target as the person who they visited that night.

I am worried about Cloud Strife's ability to gain access to a night kill by becoming either Heidegger or Scarlet
    I can see your concern, and I will further restrict Cloud so that he can not take Heidegger or Scarlet's role aswell.

Are the effects Red XIII's ability permanent, or do they expire?
    No, they are for the remainder of the night only.

Is Sephiroth's kill instant?
    If I'm around to supervise it, yes. Same goes with mayor reveal.

Suggestion: Let Sephiroth and Jenova share an alignment but possibly not know who each other are; surviving to the end as scum is a harder wincon.

Jenova needs to be buffed or get an easier wincon; she needs to to see 11 players dead but has no kill of her own. I suggest she get Sephiroth's kill or some other boost if he dies.

Concern: Town can lynch scum every day and still lose. It's a bit much to have 5 scum, and I suggest making a scum role into someone who can win with town or simply drop a scum to gain another town.
    I feel like all these 3 can be brought up in one, and I will probably, as you suggested, remove a scum (Jenova) in place of a vanilla townie to not overcomplicate things.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19