bodyguard vs massmurder
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

bodyguard vs massmurder

today i played a game:

mm attacked a jailor n1. that jailor was kidnapped (and executed), doced, janitored, and bodyguarded n1. (multi-colored name ofc, thats why my save has no costum names btw...)
    result: dead jailor (executed), dead doc, dead janitor, ALIVE bodyguard, ALIVE mass murder

form mafia wiki:
    If a Bodyguard visits your target, they will save all players there (aside from themself) and kill you instead.
    thats obviously not the case, bg was not triggerd, maybe because bgs target was not attacked by mm?

and:

A Bodyguard will kill a Mass Murderer who attacks the Bodyguard's target at the target's home. No-one else other than the Bodyguard and the Mass Murderer will die including other visitors to the house.
    does not compute with statement 1. here it says bg target must be attacked by mm at his home.

whats happening if bg target is not home (not jailed), mm at his house (no attack on bg target). does this trigger bg? or does bg just die by mm?

save here:
    strange_bg.SC2Replay

another thing just came to my mind: the jailor did not die too, he executed the mm target, so he should be considered visiting him.
    jailor wiki just says, that jailor gets killed by mm when mm visiting him, no matter if jailor is executing (visiting) or not.
    Last edited by dooglrig; November 20th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: bodyguard vs massmurder

BG kills MM if the BG targets the MM while they're spreeing, not if they target the same person as the MM.
    The Jailor is also always at their own "house". Therefore, a Jailor can only be killed by an MM if the MM directly visits the Jailor.

And for the second, I've never seen that before, but I am guessing the Doctor will not visit the Mayor successfully, and therefore not be attacked by the MM.

Edit: Actually, there is something wrong with the original BG situation... they shouldn't be alive. Someone will need to check the replay for witch/roleblock/ect.

Moved to bug reports.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; January 20th, 2016 at 02:21 PM.

4. ISO #4

unfortunatley i dont have a replay form the mm/doc incident today. just noticed my sc2 doenst save arcade replays automaticly anymore.

but i am pretty sure no other role was involed:
    4 players left, 3 town (mayor, doc, inv role) and mm alive. i was the mayor, got attacked by mm and the heal form doc. next day no dead doc, all alive. a pitty sc2 doenst save my replays anymore....

i would love the re-enact this situation, we would only 3 ppl to do so.

bg/mm:

there was no witch or roleblocker, just checked the replay. my guess: its connected with the jailor execution issue:
    wiki says: jailor visits his targets when he executes (for lookout, det), but for the mm (and only the mm) its the other way around (executed visits jailor). "considered a bug"
    so for mm his target was not at home, so bg did not interfere. but imo he should have be killed by mm anyway. he was at the same house.
    Last edited by dooglrig; January 20th, 2016 at 07:11 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by dooglrig View Post
    unfortunatley i dont have a replay form the mm/doc incident today. just noticed my sc2 doenst save arcade replays automaticly anymore.

but i am pretty sure no other role was involed:
    4 players left, 3 town (mayor, doc, inv role) and mm alive. i was the mayor, got attacked by mm and the heal form doc. next day no dead doc, all alive. a pitty sc2 doenst save my replays anymore....

i would love the re-enact this situation, we would only 3 ppl to do so.

bg/mm:

there was no witch or roleblocker, just checked the replay. my guess: its connected with the jailor execution issue:
    wiki says: jailor visits his targets when he executes (for lookout, det), but for the mm (and only the mm) its the other way around (executed visits jailor). "considered a bug"
    so for mm his target was not at home, so bg did not interfere. but imo he should have be killed by mm anyway. he was at the same house.
    You can find the replays in multiplayer replays, they should all be there. Just saying.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

i think its a combination of:

- Jailors visit their target only when performing an execution.

-Jailed targets never visit the Jailor, they are always considered home.

-This is not true for Mass Murderer, if a Jailor executes his target, and the Mass Murderer visits the Jailor, both the Jailor and its target will be attacked. The Jailor stays home during execution, and its target visits the Jailor (Though an Agent will see the Jailor visiting his captive, but it visits his captive at his own house. (Maybe a bug)

and:

Bodyguard visits the house of whoever the target he is defending visits, so this is intended and not a bug. That's straight from DR.

the execution-visiting thing with mm really seems like a bug.

9. ISO #9