M-FM XXVI The Frozen Throne Gamethread - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: MFM XXV The Frozen Throne

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM King Magni Bronzebeard View Post
    Hi everyone~
    I think the mafia would want to avoid from killing each other too early, and we should try our best to actually make them mishit, while scumhunting and finding an easy scum lynch every day.
    I don't understand what the point of this post was other than informing the two rival mafia factions (or possibly the other rival faction if you are a part of one) that they should avoid hitting each other. Your view of this setup is not form a town point of view and it's not helpful to town. I also don't like the bandwagon on Plaguelands off of a visiting role based on one players accusation without plaguelands having addressed this yet. By all means, continue the bandwagon.

My sheeple list is growing:
    M-FM Princess Calia Menethil
    M-FM Mal'ganis
    M-FM King Magni Bronzebeard
    M-FM Captain Luc Valonforth

2. ISO #152

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Mal'ganis View Post
    Northrend, the guy has claimed new yesterday. Most likely he's playing to sc2 arcade meta where results are released immediately, which makes his claim more believable. You are right that it is suboptimal to do it the way he did.

Sure it is possible that Plague is town, but we got enough to get a claim and investigate.
    I agree, but based on Day 1, it should be noted that Plaguelands doesn't need to be pressured to talk.

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Captain Luc Valonforth View Post
    What about his lead is insufficient to you?
    Silvermoon was very brief on Day 1. He entered, voted Plaguelands, and left without participating in conversation. If I were a roleblocker or an investigative type, I would have targeted Silvermoon as well. The fact that Plaguelands visited Silvermoon is therefore not suspicious to me.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Yet, that next post looks a hell of a lot like coaching Plague to claim investigatives. Stating there are possibilities is enough.
    You're right. I am being overly defensive for someone else. I'm going to give it a few hours to let others weigh in first.

Are players allowed to post codes?

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Archimonde View Post
    -vote M-FM Plaguelands
    Your input in this game is highly valued Archimonde.

It seems that your posts have been short but well heard. Yesterday you also voted for Plaguelands but have yet to reply to anyone's questions directing or regarding you.

What is your take on how Town players should act during the day? Scum/ObviousTown/AFK?

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

If Silvermoon was killed by two killing roles, how would that be reflected?
    Not claiming to be a mod, but there are no death descriptions.

There are a few scenarios.

1) Vet alerted night 1.
    2) Doc
    3) The Scourge targeted Arthas or Sylvanas
    4) One faction found the invulnerable from the opposing faction

I think it would be in the interest of the Town that if a Town was targeted, they should not be forthright claiming to have been attacked.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Northrend View Post
    I'm going to give it a few hours to let others weigh in first.
    X XX XXXX XX XXX XXXXX X XX XXXXXX. XXXX XXXXX X XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXX XXXXX XXX XX XX XXXXX. XX XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXX # XXX XXX #. X'X XXXXXXX XX XXX XXX XXXX XXXXX XX XXX XXXXXXXXX. X'X XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XX XXX XXX XXXXX XX XXXX XXX.

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

So we have a player who has claimed detective with Plaguelands visiting the dead person. However, I'm slightly uncomfortable with how the wagon has been progressing, and with the claim itself.

I find it unhelpful to run up a wagon on Plaguelands while he is not here, and would like him to at least post a defence/claim/something else before we all rush to lynch him. Not doing so just deprives us of information on him and his wagon, which is not something we want.

Additionally, I find it odd how readily people have trusted Princess's claim, and how Princess herself went from saying Plaguelands was def. scum before saying there was a 90% chance of him being scum, before immediately saying he was def. scum again.

This could be a case of scum sending who they perceive as a weaker/expendable player to try and get rid of a person they thought would be unlikely to be lynched while costing us a mislynch/avoiding doc protection.

However, if we do proceed to believe Princess, and Plaguelands does flip scum, then I believe Northrend is worth taking a look at, with his defence and coaching of Plaguelands.

Just my two cents.

25. ISO #175

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Captain Luc Valonforth View Post
    What about his lead is insufficient to you?
    The potential fact that this was a mafia kill and that a witch is in the mafia roles list. Although sitting on this lead could also have ended up badly.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Archimonde View Post
    -vote M-FM Plaguelands
    What is it going to take to get you to contribute something?
    #Dirty Lurker

Until Plague is online
    -vote M-FM Lordaron

I would not mind seeing some pressure on this guy. His D1 actions seemed to consist of some buddying with players even slightly defending me followed by some excuses for his lack of contribution although he was around and able with plenty to talk about.

I have a few ideas on the plague conversation but would rather let him defend himself before I post them. That said we have plenty we can talk about between the players who are already online and it would be productive for us to avoid 100% focusing on this one night action.

Just because its not specifically statedDoes jailors jailing provide night immunity to his jailed target?

26. ISO #176

Woof. Await the accused to Defend. Woof.

Woof. In B4 Exe lilz. Woof.

Woof. Why would detective claimer show like that is not town. Woof. Not something a Mafia would doo. Woof. Perhaps he is Detective. Woof. Perhaps he is gambiting. Woof.

Woof. Don't forget it's 2 teams of 3. Woof. So unlikely able to gather large gsoup to vote. Woof. But the accusation was clear and easy for anyone to jump on to. Woof.

Only 1 Death. Woof. woof.

27. ISO #177

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Andorhal View Post
    Woof. Why would detective claimer show like that is not town. Woof. Not something a Mafia would doo. Woof. Perhaps he is Detective. Woof. Perhaps he is gambiting. Woof.
    Tracker- Track a player at night learning whom they visited, or Watch a player at night observing all those that visited them.

Even if he did nail a scum here it doesn't mean he is not on the opposing mafia faction team. This is something mafia would do in this setup with 2 mafia teams. This is something to consider.

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

Woof. Also, been said that mafia not want to kill each other yet, so unlikely to be evil. Woof. What ever the case, anyone who has defended the accused should be kept an eye on. Woof.

But whatever the case, two players that can visit have been revealed. And detectives future results are threatened if witch/roleblocker alive. Woof.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Woof. Also, been said that mafia not want to kill each other yet, so unlikely to be evil. Woof. What ever the case, anyone who has defended the accused should be kept an eye on. Woof.

But whatever the case, two players that can visit have been revealed. And detectives future results are threatened if witch/roleblocker alive. Woof.
    Exactly, i dont know why forum mafia is so different, but there are 6 evils! We don't have a lot of time. Anyone stalling for an obvious killer is definitely suspicious.

33. ISO #183

Woof. Feel like it would be to early for mafia to pull gambit like that. Woof.
    I disagree. And if this was mafia its probably a solitary action. Not a coordinated one given they did not have feedback to look at in night chat.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Princess Calia Menethil View Post
    Come on guys, lets get this day over with. Lynch the baddie and doc on me. Town wins, gg
    I am not sure what to make of this statement. Lynch control is a thing and we will want to preserve the day chat lynching in the last 30 minutes of the day.

34. ISO #184

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Dalaran View Post
    I disagree. And if this was mafia its probably a solitary action. Not a coordinated one given they did not have feedback to look at in night chat.

I am not sure what to make of this statement. Lynch control is a thing and we will want to preserve the day chat lynching in the last 30 minutes of the day.
    Gotcha, there is something to be said for making people talk. Just keep an eye on the prize (dead maf at end of day 2), and keep a bigger eye on the dipshits that defended him who will be outed by the invest roles tonight because of their obvious defense of obvious evil.

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

Exactly, i dont know why forum mafia is so different, but there are 6 evils! We don't have a lot of time. Anyone stalling for an obvious killer is definitely suspicious.
    The difference is that in the mod everyone has a nice power role and the town can depend on leads from their power roles to give them something to go on and lynch the scum. In FM there are plenty of games where there is only 1 town power role and the rest of the town is citizens. You do not depend on night actions so much as you depend on reading other players. The mafia can win with their night actions and do not need to scum hunt. The town need to scum hunt and pressure players to look for scum slips.
    Past that as I have said- even if the feedback you provided is true and we lynch plague with him flipping mafia; that doesn't mean you are confirmed town. Only that you are very likely not part of plagues mafia team.

37. ISO #187

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Dalaran View Post
    The difference is that in the mod everyone has a nice power role and the town can depend on leads from their power roles to give them something to go on and lynch the scum. In FM there are plenty of games where there is only 1 town power role and the rest of the town is citizens. You do not depend on night actions so much as you depend on reading other players. The mafia can win with their night actions and do not need to scum hunt. The town need to scum hunt and pressure players to look for scum slips.
    Past that as I have said- even if the feedback you provided is true and we lynch plague with him flipping mafia; that doesn't mean you are confirmed town. Only that you are very likely not part of plagues mafia team.
    Sounds more fun! Sucks that I won't be confirmed town though. Am I really the only "power" role?! Are the rest of you all citizens? ROLECALL

38. ISO #188

A lot has happened quickly so I'll try to address everything I can because I've got a lot I want to say. Maybe we will start out with some scenarios. What could have happened during the night and what was the result of those actions? I'll compile anything I can think of and find in the setup (and I'll also add other scenarios that do not have anything to do with night actions).

Spoiler : Scenarios that make me town and Princess a Detective :
    1. A town BD bussed me with the killer. To me a likely scenario, I'd consider myself a target I'd want to protect as a town Bus Driver considering I contributed a lot and tried to scumhunt when possible and also tried to encourage activity. The only problem is that without the Bus Driver revealing we won't know if this happened as bussing does not leave feedback. On the upside a BD reveal would reveal a scum player and avert this possible mislynch. The BD would also very likely not be scum allied with me because that action would be very weird for scum to take. If an allied BD would want to protect me he would swap me with someone towny. If they wanted to kill me they'd want to swap me with someone scummy (the killer that Princess followed? risk of unintentionally framing me).
    2. A framer framed me. It's possible that someone framed me because I looked towny and they wanted to cause a mislynch if an investigative role checked me. (Unlikely in my eyes though, I will explain later in this post)
    3. Princess was blackmailed. Unlikely because her behaviour does not suggest that at all.
    4. Princess was witched. Is that likely? Who knows, maybe the Witch is trying to find scum by using their action and seeing what happens and as Princess had only one post yesterday it's possible she was deemed scummy.
    5. A reaction test. The fact that she claimed being new speaks contrary to that but on the other side it might all be fake to set up a strong reaction test. The way she is pushing the lynch it could be either way.
    As far as I can see these are all the possible night actions and other scenarios.

Spoiler : Scenarios that make me town and Princess scum :
    1. A gambit. I do not find that super unlikely. Consider this: It's usually not expected that scum would try a gambit this early. This leads to a more believable train and causes a mislynch. Now if the gambiting player presents himself as a towny player and even uses one of the scenarios from the spoiler above to prove why he is still town even though his result was not correct then that scum team would be in a way better position than before. It is however questionable why they would not try to kill me instead if they wanted me dead this much and try such a risky gambit instead which relies on the gambiting player being a player that can seem sincere. I could only see this gambit as a continuation of a failed night kill but even then.. ehh.

Any other scenarios are not possible. Why? I will claim now as this statement will lead to that conclusion soon anyway: I am a footman. As a small proof I'll post my last will.. it'll be slightly redacted though because of sensitive information.

Spoiler : Incomplete Last Will :
    Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Plaguelands
    Spoiler : My read on M-FM Lordaron :
    His first 3 posts are a bit of trolling, nothing much. Don't mind, that's fine in the beginning.
    #45 he agrees with Dalaran that Mal'ganis FoS as "pretending to be from another site = scum", asks Mal'ganis to make a better case (immediately dismissing Dalaran as scum). At the very least he is interested in involving himself but he gives very little in this post.
    #56 he claims "Mal'ganis does not feel like town" it'd be nice if he gave reasoning. kind of scummy in my eyes to exclaim such a thing without explaining
    #58 is a troll post. meh, its the first day so I'll let it slide
    #69 claims that no one has read the setup. In context he is slightly defending Dalaran and buddying with Andorhal.
    #84 troll post again.
    #98 "you two have completely taken the spotlight" I assume this is supposed to be a defense as to why he hasn't posted a lot. I say it's bs and he could've added his opinion at any time.
    #111 "like half the players are inactive" nice deduction Sherlock. That's no excuse for you to do the same

My conclusion from everything he has done is that he is pretty scummy atm. He was available throughout the 48h and has barely contributed anything. He had several opportunities to do so seeing as he commented even at times where the discussion was at its most active point. He even chose to post troll posts instead of anything of value. Makes me think that he wanted just wanted to seem active without contributing. Might also just be inexperienced.

[REDACTED]

Spoiler : More reads made by me :
    M-FM Silvermoon: Has voted me early in the day because I apparently looked like I didn't want to allow any kind of speculations being made. However she did not entirely explain her reasonings and even though she has posted one more time later in the game it was just a troll post regarding a pun. 1/2 out of 4 posts and nothing of much value. For someone so aggressive early it's surprising that he did not involve himself in any discussions at a later point even though he was seemingly there.

M-FM Andorhal: This player wants to float to the late game. The tone in his posts makes me think that he is an experienced player but he chooses not to contribute a lot on D1 to stay under the radar. Him calling us "showoffs" underlines the impression that he is experienced.. or that he is unskilled, but I find that unlikely.

M-FM Archimonde: Even though he has posted throughout the day (a bit at the beginning and near the end of the day) he did not contribute anything. His vote on me copied the format of Hearthglen's vote on Archimonde and makes me think that all he did that day was troll. He actively chose not to say anything useful on anything despite quoting me twice (and one time even saying TL;DR when it was just 5 lines of text). He made no effort to share any of his opinions. Honestly one of my bigger scum suspects coming out of the day for me.

M-FM Hearthglen: Despite not saying a lot he did give his opinion on a current conflict and that's a lot better than most of the people that day have done. Contrary to that the fact that chose not to say a lot makes it a lot harder to look at his behaviour meaning he is able to hide his thoughts and his strategy going into the game. Someone like Andorhal, who has not contributed a lot, is a lot easier to read because you can analyze his strategy going into the game from the way he behaves.

[REDACTED]

I want everyone to make an effort to ask questions to low-activity players to get them to contribute. Make sure the activity picks up during the game. As of n1 there is not much to say otherwise. I hope the reads are of help. Good luck.
    PS: Oh and just because M-FM Lordaron was the first read I made doesn't mean he is the scummiest of them all. Just one of many scummy people.
    If that quote is real or not is up to you to decide. Anyway, I'll come to the juicy part. Why did you decide to investigate me, Princess? I mean honestly, saying "uh dunno just a feeling" isn't really a good reasoning. Usually you'd use your action on someone you read as scummy. Why'd you use it on me? Did you read me as scummy? Can you go through my posts and point out what is scummy about them to back up your action? Saying it was based on a gut feeling seems pretty weak to me to be honest.

Now, I did say that scum trying for a gambit is unlikely. This still stands even though Princess has gotten a lot scummier over the course of her posts but that doesn't quite refute the fact that a scum gambit would not be a good idea. I'm not sure if I'd give Princess the benefit of doubt for now because she claims to be new and that's maybe what is making me read her as scummy. If I would give her the benefit of doubt though the only possibility left is that one of the different night actions I mentioned interfered with the investigation and as such threw up me visiting the dead Silvermoon.

39. ISO #189

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Plaguelands View Post
    A lot has happened quickly so I'll try to address everything I can because I've got a lot I want to say. Maybe we will start out with some scenarios. What could have happened during the night and what was the result of those actions? I'll compile anything I can think of and find in the setup (and I'll also add other scenarios that do not have anything to do with night actions).

1. A town BD bussed me with the killer. To me a likely scenario, I'd consider myself a target I'd want to protect as a town Bus Driver considering I contributed a lot and tried to scumhunt when possible and also tried to encourage activity. The only problem is that without the Bus Driver revealing we won't know if this happened as bussing does not leave feedback. On the upside a BD reveal would reveal a scum player and avert this possible mislynch. The BD would also very likely not be scum allied with me because that action would be very weird for scum to take. If an allied BD would want to protect me he would swap me with someone towny. If they wanted to kill me they'd want to swap me with someone scummy (the killer that Princess followed? risk of unintentionally framing me).
    2. A framer framed me. It's possible that someone framed me because I looked towny and they wanted to cause a mislynch if an investigative role checked me. (Unlikely in my eyes though, I will explain later in this post)
    3. Princess was blackmailed. Unlikely because her behaviour does not suggest that at all.
    4. Princess was witched. Is that likely? Who knows, maybe the Witch is trying to find scum by using their action and seeing what happens and as Princess had only one post yesterday it's possible she was deemed scummy.
    5. A reaction test. The fact that she claimed being new speaks contrary to that but on the other side it might all be fake to set up a strong reaction test. The way she is pushing the lynch it could be either way.
    As far as I can see these are all the possible night actions and other scenarios.

1. A gambit. I do not find that super unlikely. Consider this: It's usually not expected that scum would try a gambit this early. This leads to a more believable train and causes a mislynch. Now if the gambiting player presents himself as a towny player and even uses one of the scenarios from the spoiler above to prove why he is still town even though his result was not correct then that scum team would be in a way better position than before. It is however questionable why they would not try to kill me instead if they wanted me dead this much and try such a risky gambit instead which relies on the gambiting player being a player that can seem sincere. I could only see this gambit as a continuation of a failed night kill but even then.. ehh.

Any other scenarios are not possible. Why? I will claim now as this statement will lead to that conclusion soon anyway: I am a footman. As a small proof I'll post my last will.. it'll be slightly redacted though because of sensitive information.

[SPOILER=Incomplete Last Will]

If that quote is real or not is up to you to decide. Anyway, I'll come to the juicy part. Why did you decide to investigate me, Princess? I mean honestly, saying "uh dunno just a feeling" isn't really a good reasoning. Usually you'd use your action on someone you read as scummy. Why'd you use it on me? Did you read me as scummy? Can you go through my posts and point out what is scummy about them to back up your action? Saying it was based on a gut feeling seems pretty weak to me to be honest.

Now, I did say that scum trying for a gambit is unlikely. This still stands even though Princess has gotten a lot scummier over the course of her posts but that doesn't quite refute the fact that a scum gambit would not be a good idea. I'm not sure if I'd give Princess the benefit of doubt for now because she claims to be new and that's maybe what is making me read her as scummy. If I would give her the benefit of doubt though the only possibility left is that one of the different night actions I mentioned interfered with the investigation and as such threw up me visiting the dead Silvermoon.
    You were talking a lot. I didn't like your avatar, I didn't even read the whole thread, just skimmed it when deciding who to follow. Dumb luck, really. Enjoy being dead, scum.

40. ISO #190

[SPOILER=Incomplete Last Will]

You never even claimed who you visited?!

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

Princess, your whole being seems so fake, everything you say seems like it was specifically said to seem overly new. Even things like looking into the setup. New != stupid. Are you telling me you couldn't even look into the setup to confirm that the role of the footman visits no one? Especially after we had one dead footman already. This impression in turn raises the possibility for me that this could be a gambit.
    Now you corrected yourself but that doesn't remove the post before that.

However the outright rudeness throughout this day in turn leaves the impression of a reaction test.

I also crumbed my role before today already but I'd be surprised if many picked up on it.

43. ISO #193

Princess, your whole being seems so fake, everything you say seems like it was specifically said to seem overly new. Even things like looking into the setup. New != stupid. Are you telling me you couldn't even look into the setup to confirm that the role of the footman visits no one? Especially after we had one dead footman already. This impression in turn raises the possibility for me that this could be a gambit.
    Now you corrected yourself but that doesn't remove the post before that.

However the outright rudeness throughout this day in turn leaves the impression of a reaction test.

I also crumbed my role before today already but I'd be surprised if many picked up on it.
    I would bother to respond to this, but it's all 100% bullshit because footmen don't visit dead people.

44. ISO #194

I would bother to respond to this, but it's all 100% bullshit because footmen don't visit dead people.
    You are 100% bullshit because detectives don't visit footmen who are able to move. Same shit. Prove that your claim is better than mine. That's what this is about. All you've done so far is claim a role and a night action that supposedly makes me scum. This ain't an arcade mode, little Princess. This is a battle of words and wits. Prove that your word is better than mine.

45. ISO #195

You are 100% bullshit because detectives don't visit footmen who are able to move. Same shit. Prove that your claim is better than mine. That's what this is about. All you've done so far is claim a role and a night action that supposedly makes me scum. This ain't an arcade mode, little Princess. This is a battle of words and wits. Prove that your word is better than mine.
    Well, genius, I'm sure you've played mafia before right?

I can't prove anything until you die and your role is revealed to be the KILLER.

Of course, the other option is to lynch me.

But that would be fucking stupid.

46. ISO #196

I can't prove anything until you die and your role is revealed to be the KILLER.

There is literally nothing else I can say. You can type whatever you want all day. You can play psychological games, but a scum can type anything they want. The only thing that matters is what the night actions say, and they said you visited silvermoon. The very fact that you claim a role that can't even visit means you are 100% evil.

Do people know if they are witched?

47. ISO #197

Hi there, I got attacked and healed this night whysoever someone had a huge interest in me it seems. Anyway I dont like princess early claim, continued by post farming with 0 content responses and not even seeing the slight possibility of a good amount of scenarios.

Also I´m content to believe plaqulands defence, his day1 posts were pretty pro town to me, him claiming footman is not beneficial to him, since it lowers his defence against a detective claim and the fast votes on him are suspiscious.

Against him stands that Princess could be "new" and northrends chainsaw defence, but that are rather weak points, if you ask me.

48. ISO #198

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Stratholme View Post
    Hi there, I got attacked and healed this night whysoever someone had a huge interest in me it seems. Anyway I dont like princess early claim, continued by post farming with 0 content responses and not even seeing the slight possibility of a good amount of scenarios.

Also I´m content to believe plaqulands defence, his day1 posts were pretty pro town to me, him claiming footman is not beneficial to him, since it lowers his defence against a detective claim and the fast votes on him are suspiscious.

Against him stands that Princess could be "new" and northrends chainsaw defence, but that are rather weak points, if you ask me.

this town has downs. i swear.

49. ISO #199

No darling, you are completely disregarding the possibility that other night actions have interfered which is very possible. Your problem is that you close your eyes to possibilites and tunnel vision onto one view you have perceived to be the most likely in the past and do not sway from that. Have you ever considered the possibility that should you really be town that we both may be town and lynching either of us will result in the death of the other?

Anyway, I'll be working on a read on you now.

50. ISO #200

I don't understand. He asks for "more proof" There is literally none.

How does anyone think analyzing what someone types, WHICH THEY CHECK AND ANALYZE FOR INCONSISTENCES BEFORE POSTING, is more effective than FOLLOWING A LEAD THAT HAS NO COUNTERCLAIMS.

Come the fuck on, learn to play mafia guys.

FOOTMEN CANT VISIT. PLAGUELANDS VISITED SILVERMOON. SILVERMOON DIED.

It's pretty simple.