Jailor & Kidnapper

Ok, so this is strange.

3 Jailors, 1 Kidnapper

n1:
    Kidnapper jails 5.
    Jailor jails 5.
    Jailor jails Kidnapper.
    3rd Jailor irrelevant.

So, on everyone's screen everything appeared normal. Except on my screen, as Kidnapper. While I was kidnapped, I could see the conversation between the Jailor and 5, even though I was Jailed in a separate cell.

5 could not see what I was saying.
    Jailor who jailed me also couldn't see what was being said in other cell.

Summary: I was jailed as Kidnapper, but could still see the chat of my Kidnapped target who was jailed by a different Jailor.

Jailed & Kidnapped.SC2Replay

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Jailor & Kidnapper

Added to testing list.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

After looking into this thread I dug through the bug reports and it looks like the jailors / kidnappers are glitched to hell when it comes to interacting with etch other. When we get around to testing we will figure out exactly what causes what and see if it can be fixed.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by CoopaDoop View Post
    Had a game last night where two Jailors jailed the same guy, only one of us had the option of executing or not. We could all see each others chat. Not sure if this is standard operating procedure for this instance or not. My Jailor counterpart chose to execute, and made the right decision.
    This one has been around for a good while and the only part I think of as a bug is that both Jailors should be able to execute.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Oh man, fuck this shit. I'm not implementing a quantum paradox solver for Jailors like I did for the other roles because their night actions are already significantly more complicated than the other roles'.

Take your BDSM orgies elsewhere.
    Also, I believe Cryptonic is correct.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Also, I believe Cryptonic is correct.
    I always thought a fair and simple way to handle would be to just whoever entered the -jail command 1st gets the successful jail. That way it comes down to whoever had the presence of mind to work out the other guy is the enemy jailor/kidnapper 1st.
    Last edited by Mentar; May 20th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.