dont see why citizen should not win 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

dont see why citizen should not win 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1

Well had a suggestion for the citizen role.
    recently had a game wich lasted up to day 9. a standard save etc. after we lycnh last guy i asked not to be attacked at night. and when day started ofc i didnt win my tie

in general if its 1 town vs the rest. i dont see why citi should not just win the game. 1 vest is junk and u usually spend it early days because you be like, ah i dont even care if i die or not with this role.

so even tho its 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 triad / citizen. the citi should win.

and the chances of having more mafia alive until the end of the game is lower and lower and if ur lucky enough to be last town survivor as a little citizen (against greater than one mafia) i dont see why u should not be rewarded with a win. for ur nice efforts to avoid being killed / lynched without having any clues and often claiming citizen is what gets you lynched in the first place.

and if i ever get trialed or so and i claim in citizen. obviously maf will not let me live as near to the end of the game in general in the fear of 1v1. and most likely just get lynched.

in my saves i just exclude citizen since it ruins most of the fun. people can leave at start of the game when given roles. and others just troll in the chat until they die. even tho citi is a boring and hard role i dont see why not just making it win vs 3 triad / maf aslong as im the onliest town left and no neutral evils or benign.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; January 26th, 2015 at 05:55 AM.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

2. ISO #2

Re : dont see why citizen should not win 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    Well had a suggestion for the citizen role.
    recently had a game wich lasted up to day 9. a standard save etc. after we lycnh last guy i asked not to be attacked at night. and when day started ofc i didnt win my tie
    If it's 2 (or more) v 1, it's not a tie. A tie situation is either in 1v1 or if not a single dead after several days. (Actually, the latter never happened to me, might be a very rare case...)

in general if its 1 town vs the rest. i dont see why citi should not just win the game. 1 vest is junk and u usually spend it early days because you be like, ah i dont even care if i die or not with this role.
    Don't say like if it was the case for everyone. I already saw Citizens trying to play well, like I do. Actually, when I'm Citizen, I always keep my vest for the end of the game, in case a tie might happen.

so even tho its 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 triad / citizen. the citi should win.

and the chances of having more mafia alive until the end of the game is lower and lower and if ur lucky enough to be last town survivor as a little citizen (against greater than one mafia) i dont see why u should not be rewarded with a win. for ur nice efforts to avoid being killed / lynched without having any clues and often claiming citizen is what gets you lynched in the first place.
    The latter is wrong, I rarely see a citizen being lynched because of claiming Citizen (except if Citizen has 0% of chance to spawn...) And beside that, you have more or less 1/9 chances to be the last town alive at the end (assuming you play a common save), so... Not a big deal.

and if i ever get trialed or so and i claim in citizen. obviously maf will not let me live as near to the end of the game in general in the fear of 1v1. and most likely just get lynched.
    It's a risk to claim citizen, the same thing if you claim doctor/bodyguard. Actually, I think the latter will be most likely the target number one.

in my saves i just exclude citizen since it ruins most of the fun. people can leave at start of the game when given roles. and others just troll in the chat until they die. even tho citi is a boring and hard role i dont see why not just making it win vs 3 triad / maf aslong as im the onliest town left and no neutral evils or benign.
    I think it would make citizen kinda too OP... If there is a citizen, just claim it, don't get any counterclaim and get all the protective roles on you, kill the neutral roles and congrat, town will probably win unless protective roles die too quickly.

3. ISO #3

Re: dont see why citizen should not win 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1

No. They already have the power to win ties against mafia, as you mentioned, and if 2/3 mafia survives until the end that's a greater feat than if a citizen manages to survive until the end, as they are susceptible to detection from various sources.
    Also this makes the mafia almost forced to waste one night to kill a citizen earlier than usual instead of focusing on other targets, such as suspected investigative or protective roles.

4. ISO #4

Citizen win ties (1v1 is when tie breakers come into play), it doesn't automatically win if it's the last town remaining. Compare Citizen winning a 2 Maf vs 1 Citizen scenario to 2 TPR vs 1 Maf. Mafia wins ties over town, should Mafia automatically win in the morning when it's 2v1? Of course they shouldn't, and neither should Citizen.

Also, This cannot be a thing because a game that has Citizen as the only town role would become broken.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; January 26th, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

I don't like this idea. Citizens aren't SUPPOSED to have power comparable to the rest of the town by their very nature. They are the pawns of mafia.

Implementing this would ruin their charm. Yes, they do often become trolltoys and throwaway players, but every now and again a good player gets citizen and demonstrates how much power can come from communication alone, without any fancy ability. If you want a role that has powerful tie-breaking abilities, it should get added as a separate role. Citizens have their place.

Also, just think about how silly such an idea sounds. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the rest of the playerbase who aren't familiar with your idea. If this was added tomorrow, do you really think people would take it seriously? The weakest role in the game can now destroy the mafia unless the mafia makes an entire separate plan just to deal with this role? A role that beats mafia by being as passive defensive as possible and staying out of the way until it can autowin doesn't seem like a role that would be particularly fun, for mafia or town.

The only advantage I can see to such an idea is that it'd make mafia less trusting of survivor / witch claimers, as they could be citizens trying to win the trust of the mafia and steal victory at the end. This would make the common 'benigns allying with mafia when town starts to crumble' scenario a less certain outcome and mean survivors and witches have to do a little more to win the trust of the mafia.
    Last edited by yzb25; January 30th, 2015 at 05:07 PM.

7. ISO #7

Almost unrelated but I believe the neutral cit wins ties over the town cit.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

8. ISO #8