User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Arsonist glitch?

Ignition always kills: ON.
    Ignition kills targets' targets: ON.

Player 4: Bodyguard was doused by you on a prior night, and was guarding you on the night you ignited. This made you his "Target", and due to the second option above, set you on fire. And because the first option was on, this killed you as well, since fire pierced your immunity.

This is working as intended when those options are both on, though they really shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Arrow; September 14th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Ignition always kills: ON.
    Ignition kills targets' targets: ON.

Player 4: Bodyguard was doused by you on a prior night, and was guarding you on the night you ignited. This made you his "Target", and due to the second option above, set you on fire. And because the first option was on, this killed you as well, since fire pierced your immunity.

This is working as intended when those options are both on, though they really shouldn't be.
    So it was just an unfair setup? That kind of explains it.

Never even knew that was an option so it must be newish. It's pretty hard enough to win as Arson, so a bad setup like this isn't needed where it's just even harder. Had I have lived I would've won.

6. ISO #6

The arsonist used to be the slowest, and weakest, neutral killing role. In order to improve it, an option was added to let it kill night immune targets(like most Godfathers). More recently, another option was added that allows the Arson to kill targets' targets, to up his KPN by allowing him multiple targets. The downside, as you saw, is that if both of these are on (or the Arsonist is not night immune), the Arson himself becomes fair game to his own fire, making it very hard to know when to ignite.

It doesn't help that, to paraphrase a player I saw last year, "People view the arsonist as some sort of creeping devil, who has everyone doused", which makes him generally the first lynch target even when there's better options available.
    Last edited by Arrow; September 14th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re : Arsonist glitch?

Well, since it's bumped, I will answer to Ninja... It's when the Arson ignited that the BG visited him. not whne he got doused. The arson never got doused... So yeah, he burned in the arson's house, burning him too... So "reallism" (if we can ever call reallism in a video game...) is still pretty close.