Marshall / Mayor shouldn't be able to be lynched the day they reveal
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Marshall / Mayor shouldn't be able to be lynched the day they reveal

literally just palyed a game with marshall, revealed on day 2 and a few key trolls decided to be retards and yell "LOL LYNCH 1 HE'S TRIAD" (i was 1) and the whole town followed them and lynched me

this is honestly fucking retarded. @DR, please add in an option where the "vote" option for mayor and marshall disappears on the first day they reveal themself. also if mayor or marshall reveals while they are at the podium, the trial should immediately end and go back to lynching phase

the option to vote the mayor or marshall back on to trial will only be available again if the judge calls court after they reveal

the option to vote the mayor or marshall will return the following day (to factor in if the town wants to lynch the mayor/marshall due to suspected cult conversion)

there is no reason that i can think of why this shouldn't be a function in the game.
    Hi there.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Marshall / Mayor shouldn't be able to be lynched the day they reveal

There are normally about 6 non-town players. Which makes up a large amount of votes.

Voting patterns are a great way to find evil roles. Along with the night clues gained in the night, and the Mayor/Marshall gaining information from revealing all can lead to good plays.

To safety net something, for the sake of a few silly people it not a good thing to do.

And the option to lynch Mayor/Marshall should not be added, because the town are not always the Majority voters.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

All players would be handled in 1 report. And making a mayor reveal auto end a trial would be a huge change for the late game. Mayor is already op
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Portaloo View Post
    what you just said has nothing to do with what i suggested
    this cant be added because of the possibility of a mayor/marshall not having the majority of voters on his side when he reveals. put it this way, theres a mayor and 3 mafia left, thats it, mayor just decides now to reveal, he cant be lynched? what nonsense is that, its a guaranteed loss for the mayor, all you do is timestall another night.

now lets assume it was a marshall. whats that? you just invalidated the 3 votes against the marshall and now the 1 vote against any mafia player gets hung? did the marshall just reveal on the last possible day and single handedly vote off the entire mafia just because he lasted this long and had zero wrong guesses?

what you are suggesting completely changes the game just because you got trolled by gamethrowers. its literally gamethrowing for town to vote guilty on a newly revealed mayor/marshall, thats no different than a godfather outing his team mates day 1, should we take away a godfathers ability to speak during the day? no, we report them.

8. ISO #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    this cant be added because of the possibility of a mayor/marshall not having the majority of voters on his side when he reveals. put it this way, theres a mayor and 3 mafia left, thats it, mayor just decides now to reveal, he cant be lynched? what nonsense is that, its a guaranteed loss for the mayor, all you do is timestall another night.
    Mayor can already do this regardless of being vote-immune; if he has a vote count of 3 (to override the 2 inno's from the mafias) he can just reveal and vote 1 of them before they have time to majority vote mayor up.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    now lets assume it was a marshall. whats that? you just invalidated the 3 votes against the marshall and now the 1 vote against any mafia player gets hung? did the marshall just reveal on the last possible day and single handedly vote off the entire mafia just because he lasted this long and
    Marshall only gets 1 vote. In your described situation, a player needs to be voted by 3 out of 4 people to be lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    making a mayor reveal auto end a trial would be a huge change for the late game. Mayor is already op
    I don't think you read my post correctly. This isn't a balance change to the Mayor.
    Last edited by Mugy; September 14th, 2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Double post
    Hi there.

9. ISO #9

Mayor can already do this regardless of being vote-immune; if he has a vote count of 3 (to override the 2 inno's from the mafias) he can just reveal and vote 1 of them before they have time to majority vote mayor up.

Marshall only gets 1 vote. In your described situation, a player needs to be voted by 3 out of 4 people to be lynched.
    the mayor scenario only happens if the mayor votes first, you negate the mafia from being fast and voting the mayor off before he votes.

10. ISO #10

I don't think you read my post correctly. This isn't a balance change to the Mayor.
    I understand that you do not mean it as a balance change but it is one. Its adding a feature to the mayor that gives him a higher chance of winning. This makes him stronger.

As kyle pointed out we dont modify the game to cater around trolls. If we did we may as well get rid of Last wills, Night chats, -prefer, Colored names, Colored text and points. I understand the logic behind what you are saying but I disagree that its the right way to go.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Yeah I see it coming, Mayor, Marshall and Judge in one game and all are reaveling at the same time, while being vote immun GG.
    It's only vote immune the day they reveal.

I like this idea for Mayor, and I always have it as a property Mayor's have in any forum mafias.

I don't like Marshall getting this, because he can reveal multiple times. Plus, scum can still easily control a lynch when a Marshall reveals, so it doesn't make sense that he can't be lynched.

Judge was mentioned, but it doesn't really work either. What would happen when people vote the Judge during court? If it doesn't work, then it basically outs who the judge is.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; September 15th, 2014 at 12:00 PM.