Role: Officer
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Role: Officer

1. ISO #1

With the investigator update, I thought of a role that could work. I would love to hear an opinion on it.

Category: Town Government/Power
    Night Action: Suspect/Arrest
    Possible Crimes: None

Role description: A police officer. During the night he can choose someone to Suspect. If that person has committed crimes, they will be arrested. The Officer does not know what crimes they have committed. The next day, a message will come up after the death messages (similar to an Amnesiac role change message) that says "X is under arrest!" and the arrested player will be immediately put to trial. The Officer has a limited number of arrests.

Mechanics: Using the Officer's night action does not cause him to visit his target. Similar to a Vigilante, the Officer cannot use his night action on the first night. If an Officer Suspects someone who has not committed any crimes, they will not be arrested and the Officer's arrests will not be deducted. The officer is also a unique role.
    Arrest mechanics: The player will be put to trial regardless of the type of lynch mode, ex. if it is in instant lynch mode they will still be put to trial.

Options:
    Limited to X arrests: default 3
    (Leaving all options unchecked causes it to be invalid, like Marshall's lynches)
    Immunity to Auditing: default Yes

"Your suspect has not committed any crimes."
    "Your suspect has committed crimes! You place them under arrest."

Edit: Thanks for your feedback, made a few changes
    Last edited by SamSparta; March 26th, 2014 at 07:23 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Role: Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    won't that auto-confirm Towns to him if he arrests X towns and then gets fired?
    Do you think the Officer should be fired for arresting townies then? I'm not sure, I put that in because I didn't want him just arresting everyone, so it's sort of an "anti-troll" measure. But yes, that didn't occur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Not the worst thing since both town and evil can get crimes. Would limit it though. Learning the crimes option makes no sense since we have Investigator.
    Yeah, I removed that option

5. ISO #5

Imo the role should get limited number of arrests, not the getting fired ability. That would save us from auto-confirming townies.
    So, same as jailor, veteran, vigi, auditor and so on. Just limited arrests.
    Though I really like teh idea!
    Sencerely yours,

Self_Obsessed_Attention_Hungry_Wh()re_With_High_Ambitions_And_Low_IQ

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Good idea for a town role, as it utilizes the power of trial and it seems fitting for a Government role, which is the least interesting group of roles to my eyes.

So, do you really want to skip the discussion phase? That seems painful. How about he is sent to trial immediately once the trial phase starts?
    Does this count for repeated crimes? Or only for new crimes?
    What about excluding trespassing? It is way too common.
    It should be a unique role!

Regarding powerofdeath's comment, I would actually like to see that. A town role who can overcome X-vs-X-situations by trial. On the other hand, this is too similiar to a citizen, winning 1on1s.
    Last edited by cxx; March 25th, 2014 at 09:17 AM.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by cxx View Post
    Does this count for repeated crimes? Or only for new crimes?
    What about excluding trespassing? It is way too common.
    It should be a unique role!
    I agree it should be a unique role, putting that up. As long as that person had committed a crime, including trespassing, they would be arrested. If the crimes were too specific, the Officer would have too much investigative power.

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Let say theres 3 people left, one doctor, one sk, and one officer. The officer arrested the sk, the sk killer the doctor. Does the game auto end or does the sk go to trial and solo office get to lynch him
    Maybe there would be an option for that. By default the SK would win, but if checked then he could trial the SK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    IMO should go:

Night ends -> Trial starts ->
    • If inno -> Discussion -> Vote -> Trial -> Day ends.
    • If guilty -> Day ends.
    That's what I had in mind yeah. Letting them have discussion before the trial is basically just extending their defense time, because they know they are going to get put up.
    Last edited by SamSparta; March 26th, 2014 at 07:26 AM.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13