User Tag List

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

Re: M-FM 22: Avatar- the Last Airbender: Book 2- Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoshi Warrior #37 View Post
    my meta guess is that at least one of the three dock guys is scum.
    That's random, and dumb. It's been stated in the past that hosts usually random the names and roles attributed to them. Saying something like this helps noone, and assuming this because of meta reasons is a no go in my book.

Besides, why point this out now?

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Make a list of codes/phrases with your lovers to confirm you are not brainwashed every day
    Place in your last wills who your lovers are or reveal your Lover until all pairings are known
    badabing badaboom its bathtime
    For obvious reason this will not work as intended, however I agree we should give our lover a codeword to confirm our identities later. Keep in mind the lover chat is today only, we are only passing through.

Quote Originally Posted by Li View Post
    Sorry for my absence, midterms are a bitch. Will begin reading...
    Does anyone else think its odd that Li says she will begin reading and then never posts again? I mean I understand the midterm issue, but this seems like a downright lie. Why say she will begin reading if she won't?

-vote Li

6. ISO #156

Make a list of codes/phrases with your lovers to confirm you are not brainwashed every day
    Place in your last wills who your lovers are or reveal your Lover until all pairings are known
    badabing badaboom its bathtime
    Pffftt <belch>

Aarrrrrr

Roar

Spoiler : Bosco Translation :
    Bosco says that he and his lover have exchanged anti-brainwash codes.

No Bosco!

Sigh, Bosco and his lover exchanged more than anti-brainwash codes as he went bear-back.

7. ISO #157

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    That's random, and dumb. It's been stated in the past that hosts usually random the names and roles attributed to them. Saying something like this helps noone, and assuming this because of meta reasons is a no go in my book.

even if it's random the chance is 79% at least one of them is not town. everythings random to some extent as you can rarely be sure about anything, so the best bet is to follow probabilities.

and i know it doesnt help us. with the same logic i could say one of x, y and z is most likely scum. why i pointed it out? just because it came to my mind somehow i guess

but the question is why did you point this out?

btw i also will make a code with my lover. only problem is if he's scum

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by Warden (Boiling Rock) View Post
    For obvious reason this will not work as intended, however I agree we should give our lover a codeword to confirm our identities later. Keep in mind the lover chat is today only, we are only passing through.

-vote Li
    I figured that's one of the first things people would do when given their chat. It's not like there's all that much to discuss in there today anyway.

Because this is one of the most obvious filler posts I've ever seen. It's like you felt the urgent need to post pro-town comments. This may be Day 1, but this almost feels worse than people posting useless random stuff like Shit Sang just did, because you just look like you're going full tryhard to attempt to gain some town credit.

And sending ''why did you point this out?'' back at me when that's the question I asked you in the first place (which you failed to answer) except ''it came to my mind lol'' is strangely funny to me. It's as if you're almost afraid of some kind of pressure.

And codes are not meant to be fail-proof.

10. ISO #160

I agree with this post because trying to meta scum by names it stupid.

Does anyone else think its odd that Li says she will begin reading and then never posts again? I mean I understand the midterm issue, but this seems like a downright lie. Why say she will begin reading if she won't?
    -vote Li
    All Li said really was that she was reading. She never said she wouldn't post again. Given her previous first half of the day activity. (None) I'm not surprised she decided to read and lurk again.

11. ISO #161

Lo is town.
    Bosco is town.
    KW is unknown.

And you, you ask for others' opinions before giving more than just a taste of your own?

I was right to vote you from the start!

But the real question is, where is Li!
    Mai's Mother is town.
    Foo Foo Cuddlypoops is town.
    This is one of the reasons I never took my vote off of you Lo. I don't like how you just outright keep saying a person is town. Give some reasoning behind your choices. If I can be on before day ends and you're on then I'd like to question you behind your reasoning to randomly say a person is town.

12. ISO #162

even if it's random the chance is 79% at least one of them is not town. everythings random to some extent as you can rarely be sure about anything, so the best bet is to follow probabilities.

and i know it doesnt help us. with the same logic i could say one of x, y and z is most likely scum. why i pointed it out? just because it came to my mind somehow i guess

Is the question really why Foo Foo pointed it out? Probabilities on day 1 have been shit for town in most games. The first Avatar book a citizen was lynched day without any information and a PR was revealed that day too. Instead of hoping for your chances on lynching a scum based on the percent chance for them to be scum how about you analyze posts and give reasoning behind why you believe they are scum.

13. ISO #163

Quote Originally Posted by Xu View Post
    I feel like everyone is expecting Bosco to do so much work for them.
    Maybe they should be more understanding and learn how to speak bear.
    Just a thought?
    Just a thought.

Also, we are out of fish. Maybe Dock has some more to bring me?

Also, fuck both warden's.
    I'm fine with the way he is posting now. Invisible ink annoyed me because of having to highlight on a phone, but now that it is resolved I can deal with it. He is putting his text in a spoiler now.

14. ISO #164

bunch of questions:
    is hammer final? so if we hammer and unvote again so there aren't enough votes when the day ends, will he still be hammered? or if someone is hammered and then someone else
    if aang converts someone, will the rp name and the powers be randomed or is it already determined
    thief: will he receive only passive feedback (like rbed, bded etc) or also active feedback (like invest, sheriff, det check)
    what happens if azula's target is bussed with ty lee or mai
    is shocking informed
    if long feng switches target, can this kill be healed or bodyguarded or redirected
    if encouraged and second ability condition is fulfilled, can you use second ability twice or both abilities once? what if condition is not fulfilled
    must sokka choose between 'encourage to act twice' and 'unlock second ability'
    can toph jail d6 or already d5
    pai sho player: will learn powers too or only rp name? will still reveal if turned down?
    shaman: what is target cleaned or shows up wrong
    will rp name and all powers be revealed on death?
    mafia: do they already know each other or does azula have to make them join first
    does azula already know what roles both have?
    OoO: can roleblock be redirected by busdriver? can busdriver be roleblocked?
    zuko: does betray even work if there's a lynch
    cabbages: do the 3 nights have to be in a row to grow a piece?

strategy thought: i think long feng will change his target every night so he can kill. thats why we profit a lot from figuring out who is controlled so we can heal him

15. ISO #165

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Beifong View Post
    I dont even know why we even bother to vote ppl day 1, without anything against them, except their posts wich are not informative at all.
    Anyways I'd like to point this out to the town because I disliked that he said posts aren't informative at all. If you read setup you know we have 1 person who turns cits into PR's, a motivator, doctor, and bodyguard to start. There is a ventriloquist in this game. Basically we need to read posts and depend on the analysis way more than PR's. We have no confirmed investigative role at the start unless you count Sokka who we need to lynch someone for his to use his detective ability. Posts mean a lot more in this game. That is literally the whole reason a ventriloquist is in this game. Otherwise if we wait for an investigative we are just going to get overwhelmed because 1. It isn't confirmed we will get one right away. 2. We will get killed off if we just wait for an investigative.

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    Is the question really why Foo Foo pointed it out? Probabilities on day 1 have been shit for town in most games. The first Avatar book a citizen was lynched day without any information and a PR was revealed that day too. Instead of hoping for your chances on lynching a scum based on the percent chance for them to be scum how about you analyze posts and give reasoning behind why you believe they are scum.
    day 1 lynches are mostly shit you're right. but the problem are not the probabilities. actually day 1 lynches have a BAD probability of being succesful, so if you follow the probabilities here you are fine. in general lynching without information has a bad probability (number of scums divided by number of town)
    i never said we should lynch one of them. probability to low. and i will analyze posts. the analysis will just affect the probability again though. there is no guarantee someone is scum. for example: this guy's post are so scummy i'd say he's 90% scum
    so you misunderstood what acting on probabilities means. it doesn't mean random lynch. it means assuming whatever is more likely is true and act on it (so if someone is 90% scum lynch him and if 10% not)
    I figured that's one of the first things people would do when given their chat. It's not like there's all that much to discuss in there today anyway.

Because this is one of the most obvious filler posts I've ever seen. It's like you felt the urgent need to post pro-town comments. This may be Day 1, but this almost feels worse than people posting useless random stuff like Shit Sang just did, because you just look like you're going full tryhard to attempt to gain some town credit.

And sending ''why did you point this out?'' back at me when that's the question I asked you in the first place (which you failed to answer) except ''it came to my mind lol'' is strangely funny to me. It's as if you're almost afraid of some kind of pressure.

And codes are not meant to be fail-proof.
    lol if i tried to fake contribute i'd say something useful. and i would never feel the need to fake contribute on d1.
    i'm not afraid of some pressure. and i tried to answer, sorry that there's no real reason lol.

17. ISO #167

day 1 lynches are mostly shit you're right. but the problem are not the probabilities. actually day 1 lynches have a BAD probability of being succesful, so if you follow the probabilities here you are fine. in general lynching without information has a bad probability (number of scums divided by number of town)
    i never said we should lynch one of them. probability to low. and i will analyze posts. the analysis will just affect the probability again though. there is no guarantee someone is scum. for example: this guy's post are so scummy i'd say he's 90% scum
    so you misunderstood what acting on probabilities means. it doesn't mean random lynch. it means assuming whatever is more likely is true and act on it (so if someone is 90% scum lynch him and if 10% not)
    Fair enough right now. ATM I'm trying to find the code generator used in Curse of Castle Varen. I don't have the site offhand and I'm diving through tons of pages looking for it.

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

Fair enough right now. ATM I'm trying to find the code generator used in Curse of Castle Varen. I don't have the site offhand and I'm diving through tons of pages looking for it.
    Dangit read set-up and can't use encrypted messages. Gonna have to use a different code system.

20. ISO #170

i'd also recomment to lynch every day (but d1) because then zuko cant kill and katara and sokka can use second ability
    Out of curiosity, why do you think we shouldn't lynch day 1? Isn't Zuko going to kill someone anyways night 1? Shouldn't we make sure the death is on our terms?

Obviously nobody but me thinks Li's behavior is odd, so I'll return to my secondary target.

-vote Roku's Waterbending Master

21. ISO #171

lol if i tried to fake contribute i'd say something useful. and i would never feel the need to fake contribute on d1.
    i'm not afraid of some pressure. and i tried to answer, sorry that there's no real reason lol.
    I still dislike how you tried to deflect this to me, but fair enough for now.

Dangit read set-up and can't use encrypted messages. Gonna have to use a different code system.
    Yes. As I posted earlier, all encryptions are banned from this game because I guess the hosts want to give evils a chance to attempt to decrypt codes from players who didn't put enough efforts in theirs.

It's really up to everyone here to come out with something original and difficult to figure out. I can't make one right now, but I'll have one up by tomorrow.
    Seriously, everyone needs to post one.

Out of curiosity, why do you think we shouldn't lynch day 1? Isn't Zuko going to kill someone anyways night 1? Shouldn't we make sure the death is on our terms?

Obviously nobody but me thinks Li's behavior is odd, so I'll return to my secondary target.

This is a no lynch day... as far as I know? Vote counters don't have a lynch number.

22. ISO #172

This is a no lynch day... as far as I know? Vote counters don't have a lynch number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setup View Post
    Game will start on Day 1 with a lynch.
    Hammer votes will never lock the day unless a Marshall reveals.
    I does this confirm it for you?

23. ISO #173

I does this confirm it for you?
    Well shit. I guess I went over that part, I was assuming this was a no lynch day so far... especially with everyone just fucking around, posting gimmicky stuff and talking in other languages.

I guess a lynch is our way to go then, since as you said, if we don't, Zuko will just kill one of us anyway. My mistake.

24. ISO #174

because day 1 is troll day thus lynches are mostly random and therefore not good for us in most cases

however give me solid evidence and i will join a lynch.

25. ISO #175

Well shit. I guess I went over that part, I was assuming this was a no lynch day so far... especially with everyone just fucking around, posting gimmicky stuff and talking in other languages.

I guess a lynch is our way to go then, since as you said, if we don't, Zuko will just kill one of us anyway. My mistake.
    even if we lynch he can still take the night action forever i assume (still need hosts to answer)

26. ISO #176

because day 1 is troll day thus lynches are mostly random and therefore not good for us in most cases

however give me solid evidence and i will join a lynch.
    Option A: No lynch Let Zuko kill and/or betray someone. (No Limit)
    Option B: Kill someone and get evidence for vote analysis.

I think the logic is quite sound don't you?

27. ISO #177

even if we lynch he can still take the night action forever i assume (still need hosts to answer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Setup View Post
    You may Burn them on nights that follow days with no lynch.
    Instead of Burning you may Betray your captives on any night.
    Does this answer your question?

28. ISO #178

It's on his role card. As long as Zuko is alive, not lynching will always be disadvantageous to us.
    People should start stepping their game up. Boiling Rock is right, Li needs to show up. I shrugged it off because I thought it was just another troll day 1.

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

bunch of questions:
    is hammer final? so if we hammer and unvote again so there aren't enough votes when the day ends, will he still be hammered? or if someone is hammered and then someone else
    if aang converts someone, will the rp name and the powers be randomed or is it already determined
    thief: will he receive only passive feedback (like rbed, bded etc) or also active feedback (like invest, sheriff, det check)
    what happens if azula's target is bussed with ty lee or mai
    is shocking informed
    if long feng switches target, can this kill be healed or bodyguarded or redirected
    if encouraged and second ability condition is fulfilled, can you use second ability twice or both abilities once? what if condition is not fulfilled
    must sokka choose between 'encourage to act twice' and 'unlock second ability'
    can toph jail d6 or already d5
    pai sho player: will learn powers too or only rp name? will still reveal if turned down?
    shaman: what is target cleaned or shows up wrong
    will rp name and all powers be revealed on death?
    mafia: do they already know each other or does azula have to make them join first
    does azula already know what roles both have?
    OoO: can roleblock be redirected by busdriver? can busdriver be roleblocked?
    zuko: does betray even work if there's a lynch
    cabbages: do the 3 nights have to be in a row to grow a piece?

strategy thought: i think long feng will change his target every night so he can kill. thats why we profit a lot from figuring out who is controlled so we can heal him
    1. Hammer is not final until the day ends. So if you unvote at 7:59 and they go from lynched to L-1, they will not be lynched (unless someone else votes to put them back at L-0). The exception to this is if there is a marshall reveal, in which case the first two of the Marshall's lynches will occur as soon as the person reaches L-0, and the last lynch will proceed normally.

2. RP names for every citizen have already been determined (randomly).

3. All feedback.

4. They will be charged and informed that they

5. Shocking is informed.

6. Yes. If Long Feng chooses a new target, his old target (who would normally be killed by this) can be healed and saved from death (assuming the person is not attacked by anyone else on the same night).

7. If the condition is filled, Sokka's target may use either ability twice. Otherwise, they must choose between using their primary ability twice, or their secondary ability once.

8. Sokka does not choose. He merely encourages someone. The encouraged person then gets to choose how to use his encouragement.

9. I don't understand this question. Please clarify.

10. RP name.

11. Neither will affect the shaman. It will force them to use the actual ability they possessed while alive (if any).

12. RP names will be revealed on death if they were already assigned. Citizens who die will be revealed only as citizens.

13. They do not. Azula must have them join the night chat first.

14. No. She will learn them when they join the night chat.

15. Yes and yes.

16. Yes. Zuko may betray on any night in which he has a captive.

17. Yes.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Oh sweet, I made it back in time just before the day ended.

We aren't allowed to use any sort of encryption for codes to confirm ourselves?

Hmm, then... I'll use the old "modified picture" trick.

On the next day I'll post the unmodified version of this picture to prove I'm still me. I made this picture myself, so hopefully no one'll be able to replicate it.

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

I'm not saying I like Li's lurking. She should definately talk more tomorrow.

35. ISO #185

As the sun sets over the mountain, Aang and his companions find the exit to the Lover's Cave safely. They see Omashu in the distance.

Day 1 is over! No one was lynched!
    - Vote Tallies -
    Roku's Waterbending Master (4):
    Mai's Mother, Lo, Warden (Boiling Rock), Warden (Prison Rig)
    Bosco (1):
    Roku's Waterbending Master
    Lo (1):
    Bushi

Night ends in 24 hours.

Lover's chats are officially closed (even if they are left open, do not post in them after 8pm CST or you will be modkilled).
    Last edited by Slaol; March 19th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

Day Two - The Chase

Having escaped the Cave, lovers in hand, the GAang ventured forth into Omashu. It was nearing dusk and the exhausted group began to set up camp, however in the distance could be heard the sounds of a large machine. Looking to the sky they could see a large trail of smoke seeming to come toward them. Looking around in fear they gathered all their possessions and took off. Sleep or no sleep, The Chase was on.

Day 2 has a posting requirement. Each player is required to post every 6 hours. Gaps in posting larger than 6 hours will bar the player from taking action tonight.

- Living Players -
    Bosco
    Bushi
    Chit Sang
    Dock
    Foo Foo Cuddlypoops
    Friendly Mushroom
    Jin
    Kyoshi Warrior #37
    Lao Beifong
    Li
    Lo
    Mai's Father
    Mai's Mother
    Roku's Waterbending Master
    Tyro
    Unnamed Fire Bending Avatar
    Varrick
    Warden (Boiling Rock)
    Warden (Prison Rig)
    Xu

- Graveyard -
    None.

- Remaining Role List -
    Long Feng
    Dai Li Agent (Hidden Dai Li Agent)

Azula
    Ty Lee (Hidden Azula's Legion)
    Mai (Hidden Azula's Legion)

Aang
    Katara
    Sokka
    Toph
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen
    Earth Kingdom Citizen

Zuko
    Cabbage Merchant (Hidden Cabbage Merchant)

Setup is located here

Day 2 will end at this time

Last edited by Guru Pathik; March 19th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

Quote Originally Posted by Not-so Head Honchkrow
    Day 2 has a posting requirement. Each player is required to post every 6 hours. Gaps in posting larger than 6 hours will bar the player from taking action tonight.
    Who needs sleep or to committing to responsibilities like working?

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

48. ISO #198

49. ISO #199

Well since no one is dead it looks like Azula charged 2 people last night instead of charging 1 person.
    Also it looks like Zuko probably Betrayed whoever his captive was.
    Hrrm

Quote Originally Posted by Xu View Post
    Who needs sleep or to committing to responsibilities like working?
    MwrroooaaaaarRraawr

Spoiler : Bosco Translation :
    Bosco is having difficulty imagining as scenario where Zuko would prefer a stay of execution. Bosco posits that Zuko's captive claimed a scum role and Zuko feared giving town too keen an advantage.

Bosco is concerned for Xu, he fears his personality has shifted again.

50. ISO #200