lookout ignores BD swap?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

lookout ignores BD swap?

lookouts indeed visits homes, but i saw in 1 game that 3 people visited lookout's target:
    arso (for dousing)
    investigator
    and bus driver.

bus driver drove lookout's target with the investigator (that visited the lookout's target).

invest was really doused (as he was swapped with himself)
    but lookout saw the 3 guys visiting 14 (but they actually visited investigator).

so. lookout ignores BD swaps as i see.
    what about detective? if i'd go on the investigator - will i see him visiting himself?

2. ISO #2

Re: lookout ignores BD swap?

Quote Originally Posted by arielb View Post
    lookouts indeed visits homes, but i saw in 1 game that 3 people visited lookout's target:
    arso (for dousing)
    investigator
    and bus driver.

bus driver drove lookout's target with the investigator (that visited the lookout's target).

but lookout saw the 3 guys visiting 14 (but they actually visited investigator).

what about detective? if i'd go on the investigator - will i see him visiting himself?

Wat? You said the Investigator was swapped with himself, so wouldn't the Lookout be looking at the Investigator regardless?

Maybe post a replay, cause I don't really understand what happened

3. ISO #3

arso (for dousing)
    investigator
    and bus driver.

Arson -> 14's house
    Inve-> 14's house
    BD-> 14's house
    BD-> invest's house
    Lookout-> 14's house

Result:
    Investigator was in 14's house that night.
    14 was in investigator's house that night.
    Lookout saw BD, arsonist and invest,
    Investigator checked himself,
    Investigator got doused.

Is that correct?

I see nothing wrong about it because lookout target house not person.

In fact, almost everyone targets house not person.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

4. ISO #4

(idk why i marked this with suggestion )

i'll post a replay if u still dont understand, (as i'm lazy)

3, 7, 12 -> 14 (3 of them visited 14)
    3 was arso
    7 invest
    12 Bus driver.

12 switched 14 <-> 7

that means, invest and arso actually visited 7 (as 7 was really doused and actually invested himself).

but! there was a lookout (15 for our talk) - 15 visited 14,
    15 saw the following guys visiting 14: 3,7,12 (she saw the arso and invest - which redirected actually to 7, and saw 12 - the bus driver).

5. ISO #5

Lookout doesn't ignore Bus Driver- Bus Driver moves people, and Lookouts watch houses.

If I understood your description correctly.
    1: Lookout watched player 14.
    2: Bus Driver swapped player 14 with Investigator
    3: Arsonist went to douse player 14
    4: Investigator went to investigate player 14

The end result of this would be Arsonist, Investigator, and Lookout visiting Player 14's home, which contained the Investigator.

The players VISITED 14, but EFFECTED the Investigator. The topic of Bus Driver and Beguiler/Deceiver can get complicated, so it is important to separate; in your own mind, the different ideas of visiting (where a player moved to), and effecting (who was hit with the feedback). In this case all the players visited #14, but effected the Investigator because the Investigator was swapped with 14.

Lookout does not ignore Bus Driver, but can not tell which player is actually at the home he watches.
    If a Detective had chosen to track the Investigator he would have VISITED the Investigator's home, but EFFECTED player 14, and then tracked player 14 for that night.
    Last edited by Slaol; January 31st, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

6. ISO #6

(idk why i marked this with suggestion )

i'll post a replay if u still dont understand, (as i'm lazy)

3, 7, 12 -> 14 (3 of them visited 14)
    3 was arso
    7 invest
    12 Bus driver.

12 switched 14 <-> 7

that means, invest and arso actually visited 7 (as 7 was really doused and actually invested himself).

but! there was a lookout (15 for our talk) - 15 visited 14,
    15 saw the following guys visiting 14: 3,7,12 (she saw the arso and invest - which redirected actually to 7, and saw 12 - the bus driver).
    Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    Arson -> 14's house
    Inve-> 14's house
    BD-> 14's house
    BD-> invest's house
    Lookout-> 14's house

Result:
    Investigator was in 14's house that night.
    14 was in investigator's house that night.
    Lookout saw BD, arsonist and invest,
    Investigator checked himself,
    Investigator got doused.
    Pretty much.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

7. ISO #7

Night actions have 3 parts.
    1: Targets.
    2: Visits.
    3: Effects.

If there is a Spy 1, Framer 2, Bus Driver 3, Witch 4, Sheriff 5, and Citizen 6
    - Targets -
    Spy 1 takes no action: sees Framer Target Sheriff 5
    Framer 1 targets Sheriff 5
    Bus Driver 3 swaps Citizen 6 and Witch 4
    Witch 4 witches Framer onto Citizen 6
    Sheriff 5 checks Citizen 6
    Citizen 6 uses his vest like a pleb

- Visits -
    Spy 1: none
    Framer 2: Citizen 6 (his visitation being different from his target due to Witch)
    Bus Driver 3: Witch 4 and Citizen 6
    Witch 4: Framer 2
    Sheriff 5: Citizen 6
    Citizen 6: none

- Effects -
    Spy 1: No real effect, but would see a Frame attempt on Sheriff 5 that matches the Framer's Target.
    Framer 2: Framer 2 would effect and frame the player at Citizen 6's home, which is now occupied by Witch 4.
    Bus Driver 3: Bus Driver 3's visit and Effect would match each other as the OoO does not impact it
    Witch 4: Witch 4 would effect Framer 2 to visit Citizen 6's home which would contain Witch 4.
    Sheriff 5: Sheriff 5 would go Check Citizen 6's home, which would contain a framed Witch 4.
    Citizen 6: Citizen 6 would be swapped by the Bus Driver

- After the fact -
    The Sheriff would get a framed guilty check from the Witch, but believe it to be the Citizen.
    The Spy would see the Framer visit the Sheriff, and thus conclude the Sheriff's lead was, in fact, the Framer himself.
    The Bus Driver would chime in to explain his impact and suggest the lynch of the Witch over the Citizen that did not occupy the home that night.
    The Town would vote to lynch the Witch, thinking that player was the Framer.

8. ISO #8

Sloal you should post some weekly quiz for new players.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Lookout doesn't ignore Bus Driver- Bus Driver moves people, and Lookouts watch houses.

If I understood your description correctly.
    1: Lookout watched player 14.
    2: Bus Driver swapped player 14 with Investigator
    3: Arsonist went to douse player 14
    4: Investigator went to investigate player 14

The end result of this would be Arsonist, Investigator, and Lookout visiting Player 14's home, which contained the Investigator.

The players VISITED 14, but EFFECTED the Investigator. The topic of Bus Driver and Beguiler/Deceiver can get complicated, so it is important to separate; in your own mind, the different ideas of visiting (where a player moved to), and effecting (who was hit with the feedback). In this case all the players visited #14, but effected the Investigator because the Investigator was swapped with 14.

Lookout does not ignore Bus Driver, but can not tell which player is actually at the home he watches.
    If a Detective had chosen to track the Investigator he would have VISITED the Investigator's home, but EFFECTED player 14, and then tracked player 14 for that night.

explained perfectly. thanks.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Night actions have 3 parts.
    1: Targets.
    2: Visits.
    3: Effects.

If there is a Spy 1, Framer 2, Bus Driver 3, Witch 4, Sheriff 5, and Citizen 6
    - Targets -
    Spy 1 takes no action: sees Framer Target Sheriff 5
    Framer 1 targets Sheriff 5
    Bus Driver 3 swaps Citizen 6 and Witch 4
    Witch 4 witches Framer onto Citizen 6
    Sheriff 5 checks Citizen 6
    Citizen 6 uses his vest like a pleb

- Visits -
    Spy 1: none
    Framer 2: Citizen 6 (his visitation being different from his target due to Witch)
    Bus Driver 3: Witch 4 and Citizen 6
    Witch 4: Framer 2
    Sheriff 5: Citizen 6
    Citizen 6: none

- Effects -
    Spy 1: No real effect, but would see a Frame attempt on Sheriff 5 that matches the Framer's Target.
    Framer 2: Framer 2 would effect and frame the player at Citizen 6's home, which is now occupied by Witch 4.
    Bus Driver 3: Bus Driver 3's visit and Effect would match each other as the OoO does not impact it
    Witch 4: Witch 4 would effect Framer 2 to visit Citizen 6's home which would contain Witch 4.
    Sheriff 5: Sheriff 5 would go Check Citizen 6's home, which would contain a framed Witch 4.
    Citizen 6: Citizen 6 would be swapped by the Bus Driver

- After the fact -
    The Sheriff would get a framed guilty check from the Witch, but believe it to be the Citizen.
    The Spy would see the Framer visit the Sheriff, and thus conclude the Sheriff's lead was, in fact, the Framer himself.
    The Bus Driver would chime in to explain his impact and suggest the lynch of the Witch over the Citizen that did not occupy the home that night.
    The Town would vote to lynch the Witch, thinking that player was the Framer.
    mind blowing thx

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Wat? You said the Investigator was swapped with himself, so wouldn't the Lookout be looking at the Investigator regardless?

Maybe post a replay, cause I don't really understand what happened
    You not understanding what is happening is a common thing.