Game stopped after choose name
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Game froze in between Names successfully assigned and Roles distributed for All players

Weird Glitch Freeze.SC2Replay

Entered a game with a player using a saved setup. Names were chosen as normal. After names were chosen and successfully taken "XXX etc. moved in." Game froze. Roles were never distributed, though music kept playing. Someone paused and resume (probably attempting to jump-start it forward) but that had no effect.

Eventually you could see all the players leave one-by-one, so this freeze occurred to everyone and did not seem to be due to lag.

Not sure what could have happened etc., but replay is attached.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Game stopped after choose name

Yea, I also had this a while back: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...409-Game-Froze

What were the setups like in both those? Possibility of 4+ night chats? Might just be a rumor, but could be worth looking in to.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy7 View Post
    Necroplant and a fake DR is hosting games with all Any Randoms + one Mafioso, which is causing this bug.
    yes I wanted to try out this setup , and it didn't work. I am the other dark revenant . I liked the name cause it was cool. I only hosted one though.

Oh I wanted to edit, I didn't host with necro. thanks.
    Last edited by santa0205; October 23rd, 2013 at 02:58 PM.

10. ISO #10

I noticed this bug too. I happened to me when someone paused right as the game would be distributing the roles but after we picked names. I believe that when the game was paused it cut one of the triggers short on the actions that should have happened which in return would keep the game running ( as in the music), but the game would not be able to figure out there would be no transition from picking names to generating roles and fix itself.

11. ISO #11

Oh yeah, Rev told me about it when I was working on it with him to find out the cause of this bug.

He said that the problem may be that every role is possible and the array size for the roles at the top is 51 meaning the number of roles fits the exact size possible and if someone who is stumplisted were to be in the game then that would cause the amount of roles to be more than the possible amount allowed at the top, thus freezing the games. Atleast that was one theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

12. ISO #12