Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

Re: FM XIX afterparty

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Actually, they lost because Xzar got that gun. I was all up for giving Khalid and Montaron their wins.
    It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't have done if the game had gone on longer. They gave their assistance freely while the adventurers constantly pushed their priority to weed out the cult first. The bhaalspawn and thief turned lunatic should've either stayed hidden or tried to create a better bargaining position for themselves and work on securing their own goals first to avoid the ending that they got. Conformist neutrals don't win all that often.

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't have done if the game had gone on longer. They gave their assistance freely while the adventurers constantly pushed their priority to weed out the cult first. The bhaalspawn and thief turned lunatic should've either stayed hidden or tried to create a better bargaining position for themselves and work on securing their own goals first to avoid the ending that they got. Conformist neutrals don't win all that often.
    +1.

I was kinda forced to reveal unfortunately.

I still don't understand Aerie's play; outing and pressuring a neutral that was OBVIOUSLY siding with Town was a terrible idea.
    I wonder how things would've went if that hadn't happened.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

3. ISO #103

Montaron didn't have much of a choice. Especially after being outed by Aerie.
    If anything, he failed when he refused to start dousing the harpers, and when he expected them to play fair and let the game reach the point where the adventurers would vote between him and the harpers.

Khalid didn't have much of a choice after the IS opened. It looks to me like he was really expecting to get his Thief win and didn't put much thought at the strategy in case he would turn into a Lunatic.
    Then he didn't have much bargaining power. He wasn't in a position to threaten Town with some sort of "Give me my win or I make you lose" argument.

I wouldn't say they gave their assistance for free.
    Montaron's assistance would grant him Town's favor against other Bhaalspawns and the Harpers.

Khalid never helped the Town. He was the most neutral player until he revealed as Thief, and then after that, I don't think he ever helped the Town with the lynching. All he did was "Well, lynch me and I'll use my kills to get rid of the Cultist suspects".

Anyway. The thing is that you can't make it look like if a neutral siding with the Town is a bad thing, or that it was the reason why Montaron lost. Montaron lost because he refused to kill the Harpers.

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by Azuriae View Post
    +1.

I was kinda forced to reveal unfortunately.

I still don't understand Aerie's play; outing and pressuring a neutral that was OBVIOUSLY siding with Town was a terrible idea.
    I wonder how things would've went if that hadn't happened.
    In your case, as Sen said, you could've started cursing harpers sooner instead of killing Faldorn. Why Safana and Xan revealed is a mystery to me though.

Khalid didn't have much of a choice after the IS opened. It looks to me like he was really expecting to get his Thief win and didn't put much thought at the strategy in case he would turn into a Lunatic.
    Then he didn't have much bargaining power. He wasn't in a position to threaten Town with some sort of "Give me my win or I make you lose" argument.
    He knew he wouldn't be opening it, because he thought he didn't have enough clues (as he told us, and later wrote in the day chat). I think the primary reason for his claim was that he wanted to force Montaron to use his wail while he still had his vest. He would've died soon after the automatic IS opening otherwise. There might have been another way to accomplish that, though after his role change he added his lynch votes to the town's pile all too easily. There was some talk among town players of using Khalid to kill a number of suspects and he could have pushed that route more strongly than he did.

Khalid never helped the Town. He was the most neutral player until he revealed as Thief, and then after that, I don't think he ever helped the Town with the lynching. All he did was "Well, lynch me and I'll use my kills to get rid of the Cultist suspects".
    He did lend his vote to lynch Jan, Valygar, Yoshimo and Coran.
    Last edited by FM Ferengi; September 29th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

7. ISO #107

In your case, as Sen said, you could've started cursing harpers sooner instead of killing Faldorn. Why Safana and Xan revealed is a mystery to me though.
    Maybe. But I was just really torn; I was afraid the Town would've just turned around and lynched me.
    I probably should have taken the risk, but hey, if it wasn't for that pesky Heartwarder, I might have pulled it off. ;)
    FMs: XIV, XV, XVI, XVII, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI
    MFMs: XIII, XIV, XVI, XVII, XVIII, XIX, XXI, XXII
    SFMs: Too many.
    SFM Night 1 Death Percentage: 72%
    Hosted: SFM 89, SFM 118

8. ISO #108

Never underestimate my power of fucking things up!

Well...Korgan was never forced to reveal in this chat, so it was also his fault. I guess after Korgan revealed that he had Alchemist's fire you could figure out that other person from night chat received one as well. I'm pretty sure the choice of my targets was a public knowledge.
    Last edited by Dagaen; September 29th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

9. ISO #109

Don't get me wrong, I think you were the best of the Bhaalspawn by quite a large margin and you're a possible candidate for non-town MVP. Yet I think some town players have a rose-coloured view of your performance because you were useful to them. The truth is you played towards their victory conditions better than you did towards your own. I'm not sure if they would've been as happy with your performance if Aerie hadn't been bullying you and you'd been given the chance to play more for yourself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: people shouldn't expect Montaron to get scum MVP by default. Because there were other non-town players who did quite a good job.
    Last edited by FM Ferengi; September 29th, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

Alright.

I'll keep my vote on Montaron because he was the MVP for me on a personal level, since he kind of made me give another chance to what seemed to me like an already lost game, after calling out Mazzy four days (and three nights) in a row while watching the town mislynch every day.

I was expecting this to turn into a one-sided game for the Cult, with a daily mislynch until they eventually got majority along with the neutrals who would side them since they would be the obvious winners.
    Montaron raised Town's morale, which was a very important factor in the game's outcome, even if the Town kept being terrible at picking lynch targets.

My other candidates would be:

Imoen: My single solid Town read during the early game. Strong player who was able to tell scum from obvious mislynch targets. Would've been a really stron asset for the Town, had the other townies listened to her and had she survived longer.

Shar-Teel: Totally played me. I didn't believe her Student claim; I thought she was some sort of TPR with some crazy WIFOM. Funny that she was the only Cultist that played me, while she was one of the two players whos COM I got right.
    She did a lot for the Cult while not being obvious to me.

15. ISO #115

Yeap, Khalid here, that's pretty much what happened. I did help out the town a bit with oushing Valygar a bit more on not recruiting, and I did need Montaron to wail, since there was practically no reason for him to undouse me if he didn't. Plus losing the auto-vest when I turned Lunatic.

I was sure enough that I did not have enough clues that I realized I'd have to go Lunatic, and I played myself in a position where I felt I was too obvious as a Lunatic. Claimed Half-Dragon to maybe get Bhaalspawns to push for lynching me during the day but then said screw it and fell back.

I'm also pretty new, but it seemed like town wasn't willing to risk their win on my win, which is all-in-all completely fair. But I don't think pushing harder would have gotten me my win, I really hoped Montaron would survive that final night.

Fun game though!

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

-vote FM Montaron

finally off work and got time to post stuff, so first and foremost

@orpz its ok, i knew it was a game and insulting is all part startagy but i would be carful on what you say, what you said there really was going bast it being "game insult" and more of real insult, i knew it was all in game sense but still be careful. overall im fine now

now onto the game, overall i thought it was good but cult got shot down by the spawns. i came in day 2 and trolled during as a reserve, i saw right through titus ruse as a resrve when i called her out having a power (tpr) it was only latter i knew she was scum becasue of meta. i was planning on having a jester fun ending but noctiz wanted to change it, i was not against it becasue of how it all went down

overall i thought it was good and was pretty anjoyable

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

I do believe that Day 1 lynch was pretty magnificent. Vote me!

-vote FM Edwin
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

-vote FM Mazzy
    Voting her cause she was probably the best Cult and had one of the biggest impacts on the game. Her actions were quite demoralizing to the Town due to taking both Vic and Anomen with her and stealing so much daychat time. Had Montaron not taken out the 3 Cults after she died, I think Mazzy's actions would have sapped Town's will to play and greatly aided a Cult win.
    M-FM Curse of Castle Varen - Ace Chapman - Ritual Killer - Loss
    FM XIX - FM Jaheira - Explorer - Win
    S-FM 111: ♥ - Lover - Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic
    I'm going to call you Madison Twatter
    I am Madison Twatter, the Epic Epitome of Towniness ^.^

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

-vote FM Montaron

Because I can.

Nah, nice play, too bad you didn't win

and dafuq dude... I'm actually living with you and I wasn't able to know who you were...

Oh well...
    FMXVII - Doctor | Win
    FMXVIII - Delta | Lose
    FMXIX - Antagonist | Win

Spoiler : S-FM History :
    S-FM: High School of the Dead - Them | Win
    S-FM: Insanity - Mason Leader | Win

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

I feel that Mazzy survived that long because the Town took some pretty bad decisions, rather than because of her ability to talk herself out of a lynch.

We had the Edwin thing on d1, then Anomen fake claiming a TPR and saving her, then some (especially Faldorn) pushing super hard to save her, and the most important: a lot of Town players sheeping votes without checking the facts.

Her cult buddies (Minsc and Shar-teel come to mind) also helped push the mislynches, while she mostly lurked during the day chat.

If anything, the Town as a whole deserves to get the LVP "award", not Mazzy the MVP.
    My opinion.

27. ISO #127

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    I was sure enough that I did not have enough clues
    You had all of them.
    The problem was that one needed to have all clues or one wouldn't notice that the missing chant is not given by clues. Under optimal circumstances the main puzzle could have been solved by night 4 and all clues have to be retrieved and trusted.

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by Phyr View Post
    You had all of them.
    The problem was that one needed to have all clues or one wouldn't notice that the missing chant is not given by clues. Under optimal circumstances the main puzzle could have been solved by night 4 and all clues have to be retrieved and trusted.
    Yeah, it caused my downfall as a Thief because I basically gave up on trying to actually unlock the Sanctum. And then had nothing going my way to work a Lunatic lynch out, because I committed to appearing like a Thief in order to obtain the clues from night 5. I'm fairly new, that was my first FM, so was fleshing out the ropes (evident by my lurking d1 etc.).

But it was definitely a terrific experience, so no regrets here , looking forward to the upcoming M-FM etc.!

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

Where is the roleplay? I want to see the epic story of Kivan, brave hunter who managed to unite everybody and guide them through the Eldercity! It was me who opened the passage under Thieves Guild (end of day 1 RP), so I'm obviously the Leader of this expedition, right?^^
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

I feel that Mazzy survived that long because the Town took some pretty bad decisions, rather than because of her ability to talk herself out of a lynch.

We had the Edwin thing on d1, then Anomen fake claiming a TPR and saving her, then some (especially Faldorn) pushing super hard to save her, and the most important: a lot of Town players sheeping votes without checking the facts.

Her cult buddies (Minsc and Shar-teel come to mind) also helped push the mislynches, while she mostly lurked during the day chat.

If anything, the Town as a whole deserves to get the LVP "award", not Mazzy the MVP.
    My opinion.
    This has so much sad truth to it. I hope in the MVP awards they put "Worst Town Ever" and put all our names on it LOL
    M-FM Curse of Castle Varen - Ace Chapman - Ritual Killer - Loss
    FM XIX - FM Jaheira - Explorer - Win
    S-FM 111: ♥ - Lover - Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic
    I'm going to call you Madison Twatter
    I am Madison Twatter, the Epic Epitome of Towniness ^.^

34. ISO #134

To be fair: I was looking at the facts in Viconia vs Mazzy case - unfortunately that made me one of the biggest Viconia pushers. We basically believed that Safana's clue is legit because she posted it first. And Viconia's clue sounded way too similar so it was probable then she faked it. But what killed her is the fact that we didn't know that some of the clues repeat themselves... and that was the main reason why I didn't believe her.

Well, I think I've focused way too much on this riddle. Blood of Viconia is on my hands. But Keldorn was also a victiim of my bad riddle solving, so at least I don't have a negative score:P
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

What I found the most ammusing is how everyone decided to ignore the fact that Mazzy pretty much claimed having faked her clue on her first or second post of that day.

Viconia wasn't a confirmed Town, but Mazzy was so obvscum and there was a ton of evidence against her.
    That day was when I was getting into a "Fuck this" mindset. >__>

37. ISO #137

What I found the most ammusing is how everyone decided to ignore the fact that Mazzy pretty much claimed having faked her clue on her first or second post of that day.

Viconia wasn't a confirmed Town, but Mazzy was so obvscum and there was a ton of evidence against her.
    That day was when I was getting into a "Fuck this" mindset. >__>
    Not to mention that several members of the cult were pushing for Mazzy's lynch...
    AKA Othnia (Battle.net ID): formerly in FMs II-XII.

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    aka: Blood of me on his hands :P
    I'm sorry porio.

As for my vote, I have to go with

-vote FM Shar-Teel

Because I agree with the remark that Montaron played well for town, but not for himself.
    Last edited by 42shadow42; September 30th, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
    Spoiler : FM Experience :
    Spoiler : L-FM :
    FMXVII FM Roronoa Zoro - Obvious Jester - Lost, FMXVII FM Ryan - Citizen -Lost
    Spoiler : S-FM :
    S-FM 81 Bus Drivers: Bus Driver - Lost, S-FM 86 Plane Crash: Jailor Won, S-FM 84 Heart of The Swarm: Citizen - Won, S-FM 82 Colonization: Host - 3 Town Survivors, S-FM 71 MLP FiM I: Doctor - Lost, S-FM 68 Democracy: Citizen - Lost

40. ISO #140

I'm sorry porio.

As for my vote, I have to go with

-vote FM Shar-Teel

Because I agree with the remark that Montaron played well for town, but not for himself.
    This is the reason why I voted for FM Montaron. It seems like FM Montaron is not going to win any awards because he played toward the town's interests at the expense of his own. I think FM Montaron did very well this game and is deserving of recognition as someone who found a lot of scum and helped increase town spirits.
    FM History
    Game Role Win/Loss
    SFM 104: The Matrix Mafioso Win
    SFM 106: Pandemic - The Startling Citizen Win
    SFM 112: Retirement Detective Win
    FM 19 Citizen (FM Garrick) Win

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

Awards are overrated.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148