MAFIA CONTEST - BIG PRIZE - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: MAFIA CONTEST - BIG PRIZE

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorblaze View Post
    idgaf about the other achievements, just this one because of the contest going on.
    i dont understand why a contest is offered yet you aren't supposed to try and do anything to get it. also, there are no conditions in the OP as to how you should go about getting the achievement. why make stupid random stipulations?

i<3cryptonic

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i dont understand why a contest is offered yet you aren't supposed to try and do anything to get it. also, there are no conditions in the OP as to how you should go about getting the achievement. why make stupid random stipulations?
    Trying to get it isn't the problem bunny. Organizing a game and telling people "you do X, you do Y night 1" in order to force it is the thing I'm banning for. It's essentially OOG communication because it was agreed to before the game.

3. ISO #53

It's only until the contest ends. If we find anyone coordinating action to produce the achievement I will be banning them, once the contest ends it's free game. I also have a list of people who don't know I know they're coordinating to try and get it so it'll be funny when they get banned.

The length of the bans is tbd.
    What if there is coordination for the achievement but it is not submitted for the contest?

-edit
    I was not aware this was against the rules. If it is I probably need 2 of my achievements removed..
    Last edited by Helz; September 4th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

4. ISO #54

Trying to get it isn't the problem bunny. Organizing a game and telling people "you do X, you do Y night 1" in order to force it is the thing I'm banning for. It's essentially OOG communication because it was agreed to before the game.
    So, by banning this, you're saying that this achievement has a possibility of happening in a normal, balanced save? If so, then I'm content with just playing a lot and hoping it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

It's probably a bodyguard chain. I don't remember the details, but bodyguard has a weird way of visiting his target at night. Was it that he visited his target's target? If so, then a chain might work.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaNecros View Post
    Just a thought, what if 8 witches sent one mm to themself?
    Example witches are players 2-9 and 1 is mm.
    2 sends 1 to 2
    3 sends 1 to 3
    Ect.

Would the mm have a spree at EVERY single witch house?
    No, if 2 witch manipulations contradict each other, there will be no night action. In this case, 2 and 3 can be visited without 1 killing anyone.

14. ISO #64

There has to be some order of events for the same role. Assume this is in the player order (1 goes first, then 2, then 3), and everyone is a witch.

1 targets someone to visit himself. Suppose this someone is 2.

2 was making someone visit 3
    1 forces 2 to target 1, so 1 visits 3

3 was making someone visit 4
    Instead 3 makes 1 visit 4

repeat this pattern until:

8 makes someone visit 9
    Instead 8 makes 1 visit 9

Then player 1 gets gate of steiner

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

Who says there has to be an easy way to get an achievement?
    It's just one step further than Marathon. Instead of asking for a legit Gate of Steiner replay, you could ask for a legit Marathon replay as well, and no one would be able to provide one of them.

However, enjoy the other 6 achievements that have been added. I am surprised this ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    9 people targeted red on night one, red didnt go anywhere, so there shouldve been 10 players at reds house, but yet no achievement.

Attachment 13421

feel free to explain why no achiev.

xersus
    thrillhouse
    ghost
    osvirus
    adambomb
    omwyfiz
    flavette
    bonus
    destroyer
    myself (all went to red on night one)
    ... didn't reward Mr. Popular (didn't watch the replay, just guessing by him not mentioning it, correct me if it did), so maybe the respective patch isn't even online yet.

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by cxx View Post
    Who says there has to be an easy way to get an achievement?
    It's just one step further than Marathon. Instead of asking for a legit Gate of Steiner replay, you could ask for a legit Marathon replay as well, and no one would be able to provide one of them.

However, enjoy the other 6 achievements that have been added. I am surprised this ...

... didn't reward Mr. Popular (didn't watch the replay, just guessing by him not mentioning it, correct me if it did), so maybe the respective patch isn't even online yet.

What day does that replay go to? Cause you don't get achievements for winning after 1-2 days

@ DR, what if you visit the same person a lot of times? does that count?
    Last edited by Cryptonic; September 5th, 2013 at 05:34 AM.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by cxx View Post
    September 3rd/4th I guess. It's quoted from an earlier post on page 1:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...T-BIG-PRIZE#20
    nono in kyles replay. since you watched it, I asked you lol

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by gyber View Post
    Does not count
    The last question of mine you answered was corrected by a smod, forgive me if i'm reluctant to accept your answers !!!!!!!!!!!!

23. ISO #73

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    The last question of mine you answered was corrected by a smod, forgive me if i'm reluctant to accept your answers !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Technically yes there are balanced saves that could potentially cause this, but you'd need a LOT of lucky randoms >.> Start filling out your saves with beguilers and town protectives!
    My own emphasis added.

Basically, you still need to shape the save to get the achieve but it is balanced-ish.

I have never seen what people would consider a normal save that would allow this achieve. But the save raptor suggested would potentially contain the roles needed to get it.

I highly suggest he post it here for people to use.
    Last edited by Gyver; September 5th, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
    Spoiler : Accolades :

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by gyber View Post
    My own emphasis added.

Basically, you still need to shape the save to get the achieve but it is balanced. Redacted

I have never seen what people would consider a normal save that would allow this achieve. But the save raptor suggested would potentially contain the roles needed to get it.

I highly suggest he post it here for people to use.
    There is no technically, it's either possible in a normal save or it's not.
    When I asked, I meant like.. not 9 beguilers and 6 BDs. <- not possible. If it's like 2 beguilers and 2 BD, then that's possible.

25. ISO #75

There is no technically, it's either possible in a normal save or it's not.
    When I asked, I meant like.. not 9 beguilers and 6 BDs. <- not possible. If it's like 2 beguilers and 2 BD, then that's possible.
    Let me ask permission to post a potential save

Edit: Raptor might be skillfully ignoring me each time I ask
    Last edited by Gyver; September 5th, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Spoiler : Accolades :

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

I would like to ask just one question.

When does "visit" happens mechanically?

Visiting 8 houses must be a scenario that counts a role's visit before the actually visit happens.

As people guessed, which focus on the most complicated roles which
    1. took multiple actions in one night
    2. causing multiple result in one night

Yet, as we all know, none roles visit(as common sense) multiple houses in one night. It has to be a mechanic hole, which causing no problem therefore no reasons to fix.

However, without knowing the mechanic behind the scene, it will be a hard guess for anyone.

I would guess the function of busdriver, or beguiler is suspicious.

Anyhow, if the answer wont be given intentionally, I would ask why it has to be 8.

Has anyone of you successfully made a 3 housing visiting possible already?

-------
    Some thinking:

1. exclude all roles that DOESNT visit.
    a bunch of neutral and towns

2. exclude all roles that only does simple visit and simple fuction
    most of direct killer roles
    special exclusion: arsonist (it is actually a simple function role)

3. exclude all roles that block
    they said it can happen in normal setup, blocking roles will just ruin everything, no wonder

the clues left:

Neutral: witch(complicated), witch doctor(2 actions), mass murderer(2+ results)
    Mafia: beguiler(Oh yea, complicated), Agent(2+ results), Disguiser(complicated)
    Town: busdriver(2+ visits), lookout(2+ results), Veteran(2+ results)

**********Special Roles: Agent, Detective,
    INTUITIVELY, they SUPPOSE TO SEE ALL VISITING,
    the achivement must be able to be tested by them.

I would suggest people make the "visiting 3 houses" happens first, by using an Agent or Detective to testify.

if so and then we all inductively guess:
    Veteran and MM spree killing cant count as multiple visit
    Any roles above doesn't visit more than one without helps, except busdriver.
    Witching will not multiple the visiting.

Then it comes to the combo of roles that can HELP another role visit twice.

-------

the order of operation
    https://wiki.sc2mafia.com/index.php?title=Mechanics
    Mechanics sequence relevant and directly dictated by Dark Revenant as of June 1, 2011
    ---outdate?

but it doesn't define visiting. I suppose a visiting will be count if the action is taken. Then we need a loophole to make an action counts twice....

anyway, the investigative role act after all kiliing roles and manipulate roles, investigative roles suppose to see the result.
    Last edited by louiswill; September 7th, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

Louiswill ask some good questions really. The way I see it, it says ´Visiting´ and not ´meeting´ people. Visiting would imply to me the person to get the achievement goes to different houses where as ´meeting´ would imply he meets/sees a lot of different people during the night.

This achievement will be insanely impossible in a 'reasonable standard'. What has been said before, there will be a lot of trollish saves before this actually achievement will be acquired. If I could give a estimate how long this will take before some one is actually lucky enough to be awarded with it. It will be the year 2015.

Also, banning people for trying to coordinate to get it? That seems pretty childish. I understand you don't accept a reply with people doing it that way but, which is perfectly fine. actually banning them from the game? If you are really going to ban them from the game they are going to be banned for a long time. I doubt some one will get this achievement legit.

I'll check this thread over a couple of years, by shear amount of games played by then, some one is bound to have earned it. Just hope for them they realize there is a greater price for it other then the 510 points it already rewards

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.Revenant View Post
    Arsonist doesn't visit anyone but himself when burning. He just pushes a detonator, basically.

No role (save for the Bus Driver) actually visits more than 1 person per night, in the end. However, the night actions work on a sort of quantum uncertainty principle; if you get paradoxes involved, there can be multiple visit targets.
    You all have seemed to ignore this post by dr. he prtty much explains how to attempt it. After that it pure luck pretty much.

As for raptor banning for coordinating to get it, its a contest, if you try to plan it out in advance its essensaly cheating. There are more reasons then just this little contest behind it. If someone trys to coordinate it it pretty much defeatst the puropous of this contest in the first place as well

33. ISO #83

Hmm Paradoxes eh. Sounds like something fun.

Example of One paradox I encountered in a normal game:

1 Bus driver
    1 Bodyguard
    1 Killing role

Bus driver swaps himself with the bodyguard
    Bodyguard chooses to guard the Bus Driver.
    Killing role targets the Bus Driver.

This series of events creates a paradox. The Bodyguard now defends himself from an attack on himself, which is an impossibility. While this paradox would seemingly create a problem, it is not the same problem that would cause 8 visits. Good luck finding the cause, though. Just thought I'd say something interesting that happened to me in game :P

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

1 Bus driver
    1 Bodyguard
    1 Killing role

This series of events creates a paradox. The Bodyguard now defends himself from an attack on himself, which is an impossibility. While this paradox would seemingly create a problem, it is not the same problem that would cause 8 visits. Good luck finding the cause, though. Just thought I'd say something interesting that happened to me in game :P
    Therefore, you meant making a role that not suppose target themselves target themselves? How does this paradox creates more than once visits then?

If so, what if you replace the bodyguard with veteran?
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

Will questions about game mechanics be answered?
    If you were on Skype, you would know every little detail about this achievement

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

40. ISO #90

Quote Originally Posted by Mugy7 View Post
    If you were on Skype, you would know every little detail about this achievement
    Most of the fun comes from figuring it out, I wouldn't want to know exactly how it's done x.x

41. ISO #91

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

1 Bus driver
    1 Bodyguard
    1 Killing role

Some paradox with a beguiler involved would probably do the job

Good luck figuring that shit out though

42. ISO #92

So visited someone is really just going to their house right? Well don't jailers technically detain their suspects at their house?

I know its possible to be jailed by more than one jailers at once, so wouldn't being jailed by 8 jailers technically be considered visiting all 8?

Just an idea...

43. ISO #93

Quote Originally Posted by Timsun View Post
    So visited someone is really just going to their house right? Well don't jailers technically detain their suspects at their house?

I know its possible to be jailed by more than one jailers at once, so wouldn't being jailed by 8 jailers technically be considered visiting all 8?

Just an idea...
    Technically you dont visit the jailor he visits you. If 2 jailors visit same guy the jailors dont visit each other either. You have to visit someone and a jailor is a roleblocking role. You cant visit when roleblocked so role to do this cheevo exclude all roles that can roleblock.

Rev we need to know where beguiler acts in the sequence, it happens bedore killing but is it before bds or witches?
    Last edited by UltimaNecros; September 11th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaNecros View Post
    Technically you dont visit the jailor he visits you. If 2 jailors visit same guy the jailors dont visit each other either. You have to visit someone and a jailor is a roleblocking role. You cant visit when roleblocked so role to do this cheevo exclude all roles that can roleblock.

Rev we need to know where beguiler acts in the sequence, it happens bedore killing but is it before bds or witches?
    Wat where are you getting your info?

pls include citations if you're going to shoot down an idea with "facts", otherwise it will just slow down any progress in figuring it out.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; September 11th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

It's only until the contest ends. If we find anyone coordinating action to produce the achievement I will be banning them, once the contest ends it's free game. I also have a list of people who don't know I know they're coordinating to try and get it so it'll be funny when they get banned.

The length of the bans is tbd.
    If I'm on that list, please note that I am now going legit and not coordinating. Just using a troll save.

49. ISO #99

My current save for this pos lol:

GF
    Beguiler
    Mafia Deception (Excludes any possible non-Beguiler)
    Neutral Killing
    Witch
    Neutral Benign
    Sheriff
    Town Investigative
    Bus Driver
    Town Protective (excludes BG)
    Town Protective (excludes BG)
    Town Killing
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random

50. ISO #100