S-FM Modern Masters
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Modern Masters

Modern Masters Mafia
    An S-FM for 12 players
    Designed by Poriomania

This is a radically different setup, one you've never seen on SC2Mafia, and it's designed to be a "test run" for my M-FM, Tarot Mafia. This game has no role list and has different roles than the traditional cookie cutter ones, like sheriff or doctor. This will be unlike any other setup you will encounter in SC2Mafia.

In S-FM Modern Masters uses the trending mechanic. Each Night, each player will vote for a different player whom they wish become trending. I will track all of these votes cumulatively, and whoever has the most votes at the end of the Night will be declared trending at the beginning of the next game Day. Trending gives you more powerful and special abilities.

Spoiler : Roles :

Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any

Spoiler : Win Conditions :

Town: Eliminate all threats.
    Mafia: Control the lynch, or make it so that such control is inevitable.

There may be a few hidden win conditions.

Spoiler : Order of Operations :

The game will resolve using Natural Action Resolution.

Spoiler : Sample Role Card :

Welcome to S-FM Modern Masters, Poriomania! You are Tarmogoyf, one of the strongest green creatures ever printed. Before your release in Modern Masters, you regularly broke the $100 price tag.

You are a Neutral Plot Device. You have the following special abilities:

Active Abilities:
    Gravemass: This is to show what an ability text looks like.

Win Condition: Survive.

Please confirm via return PM.

1. I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.

2. 48 hour Days, 24 hour Nights. The game will start at Day 1. Be prepared to talk.

3. No editing posts, PM quoting, PMing, all that jazz. I don't want to modkill players.

4. There are no jesters, cults, or anything that disrupts the core spirit of the game. Behavioral Analysis is Behavioral Analysis, and you'll have to hone your skills to succeed in this game.

5. Rolecalling early will not break the game. The setup will punish you if you try to mod or flavorgame it. I don't recommend it!

6. The only game discussion should take place in the observer chat, in the thread.

7. Respect your fellow players, and have fun. If you don't have fun, I will modkill you or replace you, and that would be bad, wouldn't it?

Game Mechanics

1. There will be two kinds of Trending abilities - trending active and trending gain. Trending Active means that you only have the ability when you're trending. Trending Gain means that you gain the ability forever.

2. There is no need of knowledge of Magic: The Gathering to play. Knowing some might give you a 5 or 10-percent lead, but nothing too drastic.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Modern Masters

Like I said on the MFM setup you submitted:
    The possible roles listing is a requirement. No exceptions.

Players need to know what's possible and what isn't, so they can use reasoning to determine what happened. This is a key element of forum mafia.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

5. ISO #5