M-FM XIX The Curse of Castle Varen Gamethread - Page 13
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you feel deserves MVP?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sholanda Dykes

0 0%
  • Uncle Kappy

0 0%
  • Tommy Calhoun

0 0%
  • Ricky Spanish

1 7.14%
  • Dr Jordan Edilstein

1 7.14%
  • Elisha Wilkner

0 0%
  • Pete Pendelman

1 7.14%
  • Sgt. Pepper

0 0%
  • Roland Chang

6 42.86%
  • Martin Sugar

0 0%
  • Professor Baxter

0 0%
  • Tom Yabo

0 0%
  • Demitri Krotchlikmioff

1 7.14%
  • Charles Bronson

1 7.14%
  • Lestat de Lioncourt

0 0%
  • Max Jets

0 0%
  • Sidney Huffman

0 0%
  • Rashid

0 0%
  • Laura Vanderbooben

0 0%
  • Ace Chapman

3 21.43%
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #601

Re: M-FM XVIII - The Curse of Castle Varen

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Calhoun View Post
    So Ricky suddenly feels like posting (and changing the subject) when we're talking about lynching Sidney.

What are your thoughst on the players?

So far, you've questioned some posts and discussed some meta, but haven't stated your opinion on players a single time, or participated in the votes. It feels like you're trying to deviate the course of the conversation towards rather unimportant matters.
    In progress. Gimme a few minutes.

2. ISO #602

Also, to Ricky and Laura. Since you are here, I want you to make clear what you feel about lynching Sidney: Will you vote him? Why?
    Sidney at the moment is null to me. I'm going to do a full read on her when I get home. Even if I don't have time for that, I would prefer lynching a null read to a no lynch.

3. ISO #603

4. ISO #604

Disclaimer: The following is based on the simple reading I've done in the thread. I'm on my phone, and will be able to do more in depth reads later on. These are only impressions.

Everyone not listed is null/unnoticed.

Town
    Charles Bronson
    Elisha Wilkner
    Lestat de Lioncourt
    Rashid
    Jordan Edlistein
    Ace Chapman
    Uncle Kappy
    Max Jets
    Demitri Krotchlikmioff
    Tommy Calhoun
    Pete Pendleman
    Scum

5. ISO #605

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Vanderbooben View Post
    I'm in the middle of analysis and I have question for Ace.

At #342 Roland Chang appears, gives list of possible suspects and votes Rashid. This guy had only one "tl'dr" post before, he just came from nowhere to accuse people. In your posts (#346, #355) you don't seem to mind that some random guy accuses people, you just treat his "analysis" with all seriousness. Care to tell why?
    I treated it seriously in part due to his analysis of me; he uses his own tl;dr post as a town read on me, which tells me he is intelligent and should be listened to. To discredit/ignore him would be to discredit/ignore(respectively) a possible smart, helpful Town, or worse, a possible scum masquerading as a smart, helpful Town. Either way, I felt it wouldn't be in our interest to ignore him. (In fact, the idea hadn't even crossed my mind, although I am worried about how much significance he gave to my comment on his tl;dr post.)

6. ISO #606

Also, to Ricky and Laura. Since you are here, I want you to make clear what you feel about lynching Sidney: Will you vote him? Why?
    I'm in the middle of my analysis, I just wanted to ask Ace question before night comes.

I'm quite comfortable with lynching Sidney. Not as much as I'd be with lynching Pete though.

7. ISO #607

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
    These are only impressions.
    Town
    Demitri Krotchlikmioff
    I'm waiting to see those in depth reads and i'm particullarly interested in finding out why you think the Jewssian is town, when he's done nothing but post his share of check-in replies and saying that he thinks d1 lynch is bad.

8. ISO #608

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Chapman View Post
    I treated it seriously in part due to his analysis of me; he uses his own tl;dr post as a town read on me, which tells me he is intelligent and should be listened to. To discredit/ignore him would be to discredit/ignore(respectively) a possible smart, helpful Town, or worse, a possible scum masquerading as a smart, helpful Town. Either way, I felt it wouldn't be in our interest to ignore him. (In fact, the idea hadn't even crossed my mind, although I am worried about how much significance he gave to my comment on his tl;dr post.)
    I read this as "He thinks I'm town, so I think he's worth listening to." Care to rephrase?

9. ISO #609

I'm waiting to see those in depth reads and i'm particullarly interested in finding out why you think the Jewssian is town, when he's done nothing but post his share of check-in replies and saying that he thinks d1 lynch is bad.
    It's a scale. Top is towniest, bottom is scummiest.

10. ISO #610

I read this as "He thinks I'm town, so I think he's worth listening to." Care to rephrase?
    Sure. I should have given more reasons than that lol. If you read his actual analysis, you see that he actually went through the thread, noted every post # that he analyzed so we could go back and see what he was talking about, and also went into quite a lot of detail. All of this, in addition to the "Trap" he laid in his first post, lead me to think he's intelligent, and that is the reason I think he should be listened to, not because he thinks I'm Town (Also, if you note, a lot of people think I'm town, and 2 or 3 of these people I believe to be scum or undecided)

11. ISO #611

12. ISO #612

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Vanderbooben View Post
    I'm in the middle of analysis and I have question for Ace.

At #342 Roland Chang appears, gives list of possible suspects and votes Rashid. This guy had only one "tl'dr" post before, he just came from nowhere to accuse people. In your posts (#346, #355) you don't seem to mind that some random guy accuses people, you just treat his "analysis" with all seriousness. Care to tell why?
    Why would be discount the analysis at all? Activity level is in no way indicative of a players alignment or intelligence. If someone had discounted Roland's post because of his activity/previous posts, that would make them scum.

13. ISO #613

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Chang View Post
    tl ,dr.
    rashid - scum
    max jets - scum
    Uncle Kappy - scum
    Laura Vanderbooben - scum
    tommy calhoun - scum

Charles Bronson - town

Elisha Wilkner - angry fat chicksguiser

-vote Rashid
    I am going to Excel the shit out of this game!
    These were all Chang's posts in the thread.

Hm. Gonna review the thread and see where Roland is pulling his alignment list from. Also, Roland, do you have any specific ideas about which person could be which role?
    Ace apparently fully agrees with Roland's insightful analysis.

There was no analysis of you at that point. You agreed with him before he posted it. I want you to explain your trust.

14. ISO #614

15. ISO #615

16. ISO #616

First off Laura: No. I did NOT fully agree with his analysis. I stated that I wanted to see where he was puling it from, and I wanted additional information out of him. In no way did I suggest that I trusted him. I agreed with him AFTER he gave his "Part due" post, as he seemed to get quite a few things right (Although after I went back to do my checking, I found that I disagreed with Rashid as "95% scum", and my own alignment list reflected this in that I placed Rashid 50/50. I don't see where you're pulling the assumption that I agreed with him from.

I wrote that, Ricky, because you implied that I agree with people who say I'm Town. I wanted to point out to you that I do NOT buddy with people who think I am Town, and resent the notion.

17. ISO #617

Can I ask you to justify some of these? Specifically Sgt. Pepper, Martin Sugar, me, Max Jets, Uncle Kappy, and Tommy Calhoun. Thanks.
    Sgt pepper has been explained
    Martin is dependent on Sidney
    You have been unhelpful
    Max just caught my eye
    Kappy was involved in conversation around the beginning of the Sidney train
    Tommy is town.

Could you rephrase this? I don't understand the meaning.
    Sidney's text style and opinions seemed to shift, and they matched ones I brought up for discussion long ago that Sidney did not find worthy of comment on.

18. ISO #618

19. ISO #619

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Pendelman View Post
    Ricky I don't get how I'm the scummiest please I would like to know your reasons
    You were told your play style is harmful, and basically told us you didn't care.
    You said you can make big posts, then didn't.
    Please, find us a reason to not think you are scum.

20. ISO #620

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bronson View Post
    Frankly I believe in lynching. I'd like to see one take place. And Sidney doesn't feel scum sheeped. The ratio is against us this game compared to others and there are quite a few people opposed to the lynch.. Seems odd, no? Also, nearly everyone I believe to be town has at some point felt Sidney was scum. If you notice I only look at first posts to decide, as our first read is often our most accurate, and the players least coordinated. Before they can find a foothold of sorts. I find Sidney to now be speaking like I spoke earlier- where was this earlier in the game?

I would suggest the lynch.
    look slaol, i understand you are trying to make good with your promise after your shit performance as dunn in fm18, but being super-aggressive town with tunnel vision is just gonna leave you looking like a pleb. go ahead and lynch me, i'll gladly take the loss to humiliate you in front of all these people. maybe then you'll learn not to tunnel.

you cannot read me, stop wasting town's time trying to. just trust me when i say kindly FUCK OFF and let me do my thing. your arm chair psychology wont work here. your previous experience is null.

21. ISO #621

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Huffman View Post
    look slaol, i understand you are trying to make good with your promise after your shit performance as dunn in fm18, but being super-aggressive town with tunnel vision is just gonna leave you looking like a pleb. go ahead and lynch me, i'll gladly take the loss to humiliate you in front of all these people. maybe then you'll learn not to tunnel.

you cannot read me, stop wasting town's time trying to. just trust me when i say kindly FUCK OFF and let me do my thing. your arm chair psychology wont work here. your previous experience is null.
    No COM hunting. That pisses me off.

22. ISO #622

23. ISO #623

24. ISO #624

Well.
    Whether he's town or not, his posts are harmful, his contributions are null and his typical "fuck you. you dumb. hurr" defense could be considered spam.

Whatever his role, I think we agree that getting rid of him would improve the daychat in future days.

Please add your votes: We have 4-5 hours to get rid of this nuisance.

25. ISO #625

COM accusation.
    What have I tunneled? I suggested a lynch of someone that everyone I trust agreed was scummy. I suggested someone else earlier, and have been battling other people as well. I would also, frankly, be fine with a no-lynch. They're good, but not entirely necessary at this time. Just because you might be lynched doesn't mean I've tunneled. Maybe if you had been more helpful we'd be on someone else, and maybe if you actually read you'd realize I didn't tunnel.

You also claim I am Town. Do you just believe that? Or know that for a fact because you got a PM with someone else's name in it?

26. ISO #626

First off Laura: No. I did NOT fully agree with his analysis. I stated that I wanted to see where he was puling it from, and I wanted additional information out of him. In no way did I suggest that I trusted him. I agreed with him AFTER he gave his "Part due" post, as he seemed to get quite a few things right (Although after I went back to do my checking, I found that I disagreed with Rashid as "95% scum", and my own alignment list reflected this in that I placed Rashid 50/50. I don't see where you're pulling the assumption that I agreed with him from.
    Yes, I've failed to state my point. I am sorry for that.

I just find curious that you treat his post with so much... respect. You are very active and try to analyze everyone, but when random guy shows up with list of accusations you don't question him. You don't attack him. You just ask his opinion about people and try to find out why did he posted such thing. I have a feeling you trust his analysis and I have no idea why.

27. ISO #627

28. ISO #628

29. ISO #629

30. ISO #630

Well.
    Whether he's town or not, his posts are harmful, his contributions are null and his typical "fuck you. you dumb. hurr" defense could be considered spam.

Whatever his role, I think we agree that getting rid of him would improve the daychat in future days.

Please add your votes: We have 4-5 hours to get rid of this nuisance.
    Look all this tunneling I'm doing.... I'm totally the only one pushing this lynch.
    >.>

31. ISO #631

It was not my intent to give off a trusting vibe. I was holding off on "Attacking" as you say, until I had a firmer grasp of him. Everyone I had "Attacked" up to that stage had posted quite a bit before me, and I had something to go off of. I asked the question of him because I wanted to know IF I could trust his analysis. Again, not my intent to seem like I trusted him, because even now I'm not sure about him (Again, check my alignment list. I have him listed as Town, but I do note that he could still be scum). Any further questions?

32. ISO #632

33. ISO #633

34. ISO #634

35. ISO #635

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bronson View Post
    COM accusation.
    What have I tunneled? I suggested a lynch of someone that everyone I trust agreed was scummy. I suggested someone else earlier, and have been battling other people as well. I would also, frankly, be fine with a no-lynch. They're good, but not entirely necessary at this time. Just because you might be lynched doesn't mean I've tunneled. Maybe if you had been more helpful we'd be on someone else, and maybe if you actually read you'd realize I didn't tunnel.

You also claim I am Town. Do you just believe that? Or know that for a fact because you got a PM with someone else's name in it?
    you claim im worthy of a lynch because i trolled at the beginning and voted pepper.

my i remind town that last night when you were drunk you made several troll posts and started the vote on pepper.

you are the worst kind of town, the one whos "seen it all" so you fear what you havent seen. consider the socratic paradox.

36. ISO #636

37. ISO #637

Seeing this as well as the OMGUS makes me comfortable with this lynch.
    L-3.
    -vote Sidney Huffman

38. ISO #638

39. ISO #639

you claim im worthy of a lynch because i trolled at the beginning and voted pepper.

my i remind town that last night when you were drunk you made several troll posts and started the vote on pepper.

you are the worst kind of town, the one whos "seen it all" so you fear what you havent seen. consider the socratic paradox.
    I didn't say you trolled, nor did I accuse your vote on pepper. I said you were unhelpful (i.e. didnt answer questions and directly refused to coordinate) and I am still against pepper. It's like you didn't even read my posts...

40. ISO #640

41. ISO #641

42. ISO #642

Okay As for the lynch/no lynch dichotomy: I'm all for lynching today, but I would like to wait a few hours (At least 2 or 3) before doing so, because:

1. Not everyone has been active, (Kappy, Demitri, Tom, Max, Rashid, etc) and I want to hear from them, and
    2: I want to see who will post an analysis before day's end.

43. ISO #643

44. ISO #644

45. ISO #645

46. ISO #646

strawman, begging the question, ad hominem

47. ISO #647

48. ISO #648

49. ISO #649

50. ISO #650