Role Suggestion, Town, Psychic
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Role Suggestion, Town, Psychic

Like all great ideas, this came while taking a shower (no pun intended).

Abilities:
    Can listen and speak to the dead at night.
    Will appear as 'psychic' to the dead players.

Role Options:
    Cannot see the names of the players who answer.
    Spy can listen to what the Psychic says.

The idea of this role is to help town in the case there is no coroner and/or a player forgot to write information on his last will (example: Sheriff). It will be specially effective against the disguiser, and because of that there is an option so that the psychic cannot know who is he talking to. I don't think this is an overpower role because the dead players can lie, and will give dead players more reasons to stay on the game.

Any thoughts?

Edit: On a second thought, Medium might be a more fitting name...
    Last edited by iGEukor; June 28th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Role Suggestion, Town, Psychic

I doubt any role that talks to the dead will be implemented. My comments on this one especially are:

1. (Assuming dead people will be marked as soul 1/2/3/etc.) The anonymous thing is pointless. If 3/4 town are dead and only 1 evil, there'll be 4 people agreeing as to someone's identity, and 1 disagreeing. Just listen to the majority.

2.(Assuming they are not differentiated from) SPAM FEST!! Everyone will be screaming over each other for the Psychic's attention, and they'll not get anything but a headache from trying to decipher the chat. Example;

Sherrif: I'm the dead sheriff; try checking x player; I think they're suspicious
    Consig: Liar! I'm the dead sheriff; ignore him!
    (Dead chat devolves into Consig faking to be other players in an attempt to make Psychic not believe Sheriff, and therefore makes Psychic useless because he can't tell who to trust. Add this to the fact that most SC2Mafia players are retards and would be unable to figure it out, and you have a useless role.)

Ultimately, this role is basically unbalancable. Either it will be totally OP, or totally UP, and you really can't change that.

4. ISO #4

Re: Role Suggestion, Town, Psychic

Quote Originally Posted by madbird20 View Post
    I doubt any role that talks to the dead will be implemented. My comments on this one especially are:

1. (Assuming dead people will be marked as soul 1/2/3/etc.) The anonymous thing is pointless. If 3/4 town are dead and only 1 evil, there'll be 4 people agreeing as to someone's identity, and 1 disagreeing. Just listen to the majority.

2.(Assuming they are not differentiated from) SPAM FEST!! Everyone will be screaming over each other for the Psychic's attention, and they'll not get anything but a headache from trying to decipher the chat. Example;

Sherrif: I'm the dead sheriff; try checking x player; I think they're suspicious
    Consig: Liar! I'm the dead sheriff; ignore him!
    (Dead chat devolves into Consig faking to be other players in an attempt to make Psychic not believe Sheriff, and therefore makes Psychic useless because he can't tell who to trust. Add this to the fact that most SC2Mafia players are retards and would be unable to figure it out, and you have a useless role.)

Ultimately, this role is basically unbalancable. Either it will be totally OP, or totally UP, and you really can't change that.
    ^This, Very much this.

Nothing good can come from a role that communicate with the dead players.

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

5. ISO #5