S-FM 88 : Containment
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 88 : Containment

Setup

The Day it all Went to Hell:
    They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. You can see someone's entire life through their peepers. Sometimes I wonder if their not right...It seems like everyone in this prison can't keep a straight face half the time. There is so much rage leaking out of their pupils. The worst eyes on the block belongs to Rycan, a three peater who hadn't slowed down his rampage in time to keep from massacring his own family. This guy is just bloody nuts, makes everyone else keep ten feet away...Not even the guards can keep themselves from wetting their breeches when he looks at em. Seems like he got a grudge against each an' every one of em people in this prison...me included. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul...its that's true his soul are the worst of them all....

Player List:
    NoctiZ
    Creedkingsx
    Clementine
    Titus
    Dagaen
    Poriomania
    RLVG

Let the games begin...

Day One Ends in 24 hours
    Last edited by Damus_Graves; June 15th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: S-FM Containment

I don't know why but today seems like it's gonna be a great day!
    There's something in the air that makes me feel like things are gonna go my way
    The birds are chirping tweedly-deet, the sun is shining bright!
    There's a skip in my step, a pip in my pep [Snort] and I don't know why!
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re: S-FM Containment

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I believe bounties are placed at night, and game starts at day. Therefore, no bounty is in play. Just to be certain...

Is there a current bounty?

Looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setup Thread
    Day 1 start {Lynch+Bounty available}
    Bounty may be placed during the day on day 1 only.
    Therefore there may not be a current bounty if the Joker has not picked up his role PM yet, but there will be one placed on D1.
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Re: S-FM 88 : Containment

I've read through the setup and have come up with a plan to win the game:

Clementine's Plan for Success:

Everyone must claim an alignment. Please do not lie about your alignment in order for this plan to work. Since Survivors and Guards can win together, there is no reason for any of the Survivors/Guards to lie.

Scenario 1: Joker false claims Guard
    4 Survivor Claims
    3 Guard Claims

D1 Joker places bounty on Survivor claimer
    D1 lynch 1 guard claimer
    N1 Killing PR from the guards or survivors kill a guard claimer (all others do nothing)
    {I assume we have at least one killing role in the game... Why else would the Joker have an auto-vest?}
    D2 lynch last guard claimer

Joker is successfully eliminated.

Scenario 2: Joker false claims Survivor
    5 Survivor Claims
    2 Guard Claims

D1 Joker places bounty on Guard claimer
    D1 lynch 1 survivor claimer
    N1 Killing PR from the guards or survivors kill a survivor claimer (all others do nothing)
    {I assume we have at least one killing role in the game... Why else would the Joker have an auto-vest?}
    D2 lynch 1 guard claimer {roleblocks joker kill}
    N2 Killing PR from the guards or survivors kill a survivor claimer
    D3 Lynch 1 survivor claimer {assuming the bounty is placed on the last guard claimer}
    N3 Killing PR attack survivor claimer (all others do nothing)

Joker is successfully eliminated.

The first scenario gives us 2 mislynches, the second scenario gives us potentially 3 if we don't kill on N3 and instead lynch.

I think we should all leave a code in this chat with our faction claim and wait for the bounty to be announced. After the bounty has been set, we all must reveal the solution to our codes and reveal our faction.
    Comments/Critique?

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Clementine, I like the idea of a plan but let's work together to find one we can both agree on. I like the way you think, just not this plan. Any plan cannot require the joker to act in a particular way at this point, otherwise the joker would screw it up by doing the opposite.

16. ISO #16

Clementine, I like the idea of a plan but let's work together to find one we can both agree on. I like the way you think, just not this plan. Any plan cannot require the joker to act in a particular way at this point, otherwise the joker would screw it up by doing the opposite.
    What would you propose to change it to make it better? I would like to hear more comments on my proposed plan before I comment further.

17. ISO #17

I think your concept is well done, but would require two survivor deaths for your plan to work. Then guards and survivors would work together.

Rather than planning out, supposing what the joker will do, let's see what the joker does. Will he go for the active people who are most likely citizens or the helpful lurkers, most likely PRs? Who the joker targets tells us a lot about who he is and what he will do. The joker's target should claim.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Yeah we should wait until bounty is placed and then find out role and shit.
    Humor me and tell me what you think of the plan I proposed. Comparing people's opinions before and after the bounty is revealed should be very helpful for me in determining factions.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post
    Humor me and tell me what you think of the plan I proposed. Comparing people's opinions before and after the bounty is revealed should be very helpful for me in determining factions.
    I thought the plan was pretty good but instantly saw the lack of two situations: The case where someone gets doused and Joker claims the same alignment.

We should wait for the bounty announcement, then collect claims and reveal the bounty target's alignment last.
    ah fuck.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Doused? There is no arsonist? Did you mean bountied?
    Yes.. I am kinda distracted because I am skyping with people and getting achievements in SC2 at the same time lolol.
    ah fuck.

24. ISO #24

wut
    Once everyone claims, her plan becomes 1 plan. If there are 5 survivors, go with that. If there are 3 guards, go with that. Ezmode.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Creedkingsx View Post
    wut
    Once everyone claims, her plan becomes 1 plan. If there are 5 survivors, go with that. If there are 3 guards, go with that. Ezmode.
    I'm seeing several steps ahead. Guards lose if they go along with this plan. Guards only win if their numbers are equal to or greater than the survivors. Therefore, guards might not even claim at all. Not ezmode man. Not ezmode at all.

26. ISO #26

From the setup

Joker: Eliminate the Survivors and the Guards, or have nothing able to prevent this from happening.
    Survivors: Eliminate the Joker and have at least 1 remaining member alive.
    Guards: Eliminate the Joker, have at least 1 remaining member alive, and hold 50% of the population.
    Scenario: Joker claims Survivor

Don't lynch Joker's target, mislynch survivor target, mislynch survivor target. (Joker would be a moron to claim guard)
    Joker kills both guards after he's gotten the KPN out of them.

Joker wins or is in lylo, unless a guard is a veteran. If the guard is a vet & joker dies, then two survivors left alive. Veteran Guard loses.

Solution: Guards lose... therefore they will not comply

Scenario: Joker claims Guard

Well the guards really don't want this and it's a moronic Joker play as he needs the KPN. Guards lose here too.

Joker needs the guards to increase the KPN. It also dramatically lowers his odds of survival. Joker won't claim here.

Clementine's plan is essentially have the guards sacrifice themselves so the survivors can cakewalk.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Questions about the setup:
    When the joker places a bounty, does that count as a visit?
    Yesh :3

I believe bounties are placed at night, and game starts at day. Therefore, no bounty is in play. Just to be certain...

Is there a current bounty?

Looking forward to this.
    Not yet. The Joker has the remainder of the day to play his bounty.

Does the game end instantly when one faction has won? (i.e. if the Joker is lynched D1, are the guards ineligible to lynch/kill 2 survivors for their win?)
    If the Joker is lynched today the Survivors win and the Guards lose. This is done because the Survivors only want the Joker gone.
    Will all the no shows and one post wonders be replaced?
    Um They will be given a public warning then a replacement..if my replacers don't all unsign from being a replacement

32. ISO #32

So I have been playing Fable III for the last 8 hours non-stop because it is free on XBL Marketplace and the entire group of people we have is going on a binge of sorts with it.... .-.
    lol
    So we want a mass roleclaim but not a single person has claimed? LOLOK
    Must I lead the crowd of crowds?
    For the sake of vagueness and necessity, I will leave it to alignment as the rest should, masks importance of each role.
    Survivor

33. ISO #33

disclaimer: due to the fast-paced nature of this queue, I have the freedom to "switch" play styles until I find one that consistently wins games.

Since I know that my usual semi-aggressive, questioning playstyle (the one I use in most of my games) is difficult to work into a 24-hour day, I am adopting my sc2mafia playstyle - a mix of arrogance, abrasiveness, and (hopefully) curtness that has a knack for winning games.

I really don't care for a plan - my only objective this game is killing the Joker, and that it what shall I pursue.

any1 got a problem with that?

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Clementine, all questions for the host should usually be in green. However, usually day 1 no posters are not replaced especially if the host didn't announce what day the game would start on and some had a conflict.
    Sorry, I was on my phone and I had to just type in a guess at the color code since they don't work on my phone. I'm most used to typing in yellow text due to FM 18 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    disclaimer: due to the fast-paced nature of this queue, I have the freedom to "switch" play styles until I find one that consistently wins games.

Since I know that my usual semi-aggressive, questioning playstyle (the one I use in most of my games) is difficult to work into a 24-hour day, I am adopting my sc2mafia playstyle - a mix of arrogance, abrasiveness, and (hopefully) curtness that has a knack for winning games.

I really don't care for a plan - my only objective this game is killing the Joker, and that it what shall I pursue.

any1 got a problem with that?
    Are you claiming survivor? I'd like you to explicitly claim because I'm pretty sure you're the Joker based on host meta and reactions.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Clem the code is 00FF00 for the green we all use. ;)

I'm also suspicious of those who push hard for claims without revealing their own Clem. It's kind of obvious what you will claim, but you should for appearances sake.
    I have already breadcrumbed my claim (like I asked everyone to).
    Smart cookies will already know what faction I have claimed. (I claimed my exact role, too)...

38. ISO #38

Clem the code is 00FF00 for the green we all use. ;)

I'm also suspicious of those who push hard for claims without revealing their own Clem. It's kind of obvious what you will claim, but you should for appearances sake.
    Also, good to know. I just know that ffff00 is yellow, ff0000 I believe is red, and I assumed that 0000ff would be green.

39. ISO #39

You should PUBLICLY, claim if you want a public claim. This whole, I soft claimed it, is great when you're pressured and you don't want the morons to shoot or lynch you. However, if you're intending to communicate with only select people it's moronic. The joker isn't going to lose the ability to read soft claims.

If you want a public claim, claim your faction publicly. Period. Good for the good good for the gander. Otherwise, be satisfied with people shooting gibberish and claiming its a soft claim of their faction/role. I've interpreted yours, I just don't like this strategy. If I didn't understand your claim, I'd be voting you right now Clem.

[her][/hr]
    Ahh no problem on the color thing. It took me forever to figure out the right color.

40. ISO #40

You should PUBLICLY, claim if you want a public claim. This whole, I soft claimed it, is great when you're pressured and you don't want the morons to shoot or lynch you. However, if you're intending to communicate with only select people it's moronic. The joker isn't going to lose the ability to read soft claims.

If you want a public claim, claim your faction publicly. Period. Good for the good good for the gander. Otherwise, be satisfied with people shooting gibberish and claiming its a soft claim of their faction/role. I've interpreted yours, I just don't like this strategy. If I didn't understand your claim, I'd be voting you right now Clem.

[her][/hr]
    Ahh no problem on the color thing. It took me forever to figure out the right color.
    I claim guard.

Open question to everyone: If you had a gun, would you shoot me with it?

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by Poriomania View Post
    So every new person on this site's play? K, got it.

42. ISO #42

Faction assignments:
    imo this is how it looks. I'd like to lynch the guy who didn't show up yet today since he is (probably) a survivor and if one of the other survivors wants to be a pal and volunteer to die so that the next day we can lynch porio and the game ends with all of us except the joker winning.

Survivor
    creedkingsx (claimed)
    NoctiZ
    RLVG
    Dagaen

Guard
    clementine (claimed)
    Titus

Joker
    poriomania

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Well, great, I didn't have to claim anything! Yes, I am Survivor.

Titus looks like Guard, with all those concerns about guard well-being but maybe that was on purpose:P

Btw, why voting d1? We will lynch Joker's bounty but only at the last possible moment, so we can gather clues. Or do we have to win this thing d1?
    Indolent.756, EU server.
    Indolent.628, NA server.

46. ISO #46

I claim guard.

Open question to everyone: If you had a gun, would you shoot me with it?
    Not at the moment

I claim Survivor.
    ah fuck.

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

Faction assignments:
    imo this is how it looks. I'd like to lynch the guy who didn't show up yet today since he is (probably) a survivor and if one of the other survivors wants to be a pal and volunteer to die so that the next day we can lynch porio and the game ends with all of us except the joker winning.

Survivor
    creedkingsx (claimed)
    NoctiZ (claimed)
    Dagaen (claimed)

RLVG

Guard
    clementine (claimed)
    Titus

Joker
    poriomania

49. ISO #49

Dagaen and NoctiZ will you vote to lynch RLVG? We can lynch the joker target tomorrow. It's just important for the guards to eliminate some of the survivors so that we can all win together when we lynch Poriomania.

50. ISO #50

Dagaen and NoctiZ will you vote to lynch RLVG? We can lynch the joker target tomorrow. It's just important for the guards to eliminate some of the survivors so that we can all win together when we lynch Poriomania.
    Yes I can.

I will also volunteer to die.
    ah fuck.