1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: What side is easiest to win as?

I'd say Executioner is the easiest role to win as. I don't think I've ever even waited past Day 3, almost always D2 victory.

As for Which side? Maf is easiest I'd say. All the power is in their hands, if they play it right. If masons are present though, they take away a good bit of the maf's power.
    Trolls Beware; I relish the hunt.

8. ISO #8

For me this is the order (from easiest to hardest):

Executioner: Tons of ways to win; either fake an invest role or simply way for your target to get lynched. If it dies, it's as simple as finding a mafia and telling him to tell the other mafia to vote you up and abstain. So far, they have always helped me, since I win and mafia get's a free town kill that night.

Jester: Super easy to win on the first days. If you want more fun/a challenge, try to survive as long as possible and get lynched at the end. Once again; figure out who are mafia and tell them to vote you up and let town get the hit.

Survivor: I always claim survivor d1 and say I'm gonna vest for however long I can. Then abstain while voting, so town doesn't have a reason to lynch me. Then I take a side during the midgame, depending on who's winning. Neither side will bother wasting a kill on the survivor at that point.

Mafia: Unless town gets lucky and an invest finds one of you while another dies to a vet or neutral on the first days, then you have a pretty good chance of winning. It's easy to coordinate with two players, plus you can easily fake invest roles with all the info you gather from kidnapper, consig, agents, etc. Way easier if there's a cult and they try to convert you.

Town killing: Being a jailor, vet or vig allows you to make up for a dumb town by killing the scum at night, even if the rest ignore leads from confirmed invest roles. Jailor is my favorite role from those; there have been games when I get 3 scum with my 3 jailor kills, so as long as you know what you're doing, you can totally turn the table, even if most of the town is full of idiots, as usual. The other strenght of the jailor is that it's not only a killing role, but also an invest role, since you can check the roles claimed by the ones you jail against the graveyard and the game's setup, then you simply execute the liars or add them to your last will.

Neutral killing: A lot of luck involved; a sheriff can find you right away or mafia may target you and then call you out to claim themselves as an invest role. Other than that it's a matter of finding the right targets. I find SK to be the easiest, followed by MM and arsonist being the hardest, since sometimes most of the doused people might be already dead by the time you decide to burn them.

Witch: Hard at the start, while you figure out some key roles. Easy during the late game, especially if you managed to get a confirmed invest to clear you or if you have secured a puppet SK/GF.

Citizen: YES, the mighty cit. I usually claim survivor and save my vest, then try to help town while voting, but keep a low profile to avoid being targeted by scum. If town seems to be losing, I try to force a 1v1 ending against mafia.

Cultist: Unless the save sucks and cult is OP, then I find it really hard to win as that role; you're everyone's enemy. Town wants you dead, mafia wants you dead, everyone wants you dead. Many times the town will rather lynch cult than mafia.
    My usual strategy is to convert confirmed invest roles who are trusted by the town, but I hate this role.

Witch Doctor: Even worse; you not only have to find the invest roles, but figure out which of them will be targeted on a given night. Also, it's hard because many people are stupid and use you as a cover: they'll say that you saved them from an attack, then once someone finds out that they're cult, you're the next one to die, unless you managed to get a huge cult, enough to lynch whoever you want. Then add the fact than nobody trusts doc claims and you're pretty much destined to fail.

The rest of the town: It doesn't matter how good you are or how lucky you get; most of the times they won't listen to arguments, no matter how solid they are. And forget about last wills; it seems like those are just some spam that you leave when you die, so the rest will simply skip those lines and listen to the first troll who claims to be sheriff, even when you (the dead, confirmed sheriff) said thet he's mafia.

In theory, town should get the most wins. Sadly, most of the times the town is full of idiots always willing to random lynch and who think that the typical fail trolls are funny.
    I hope to play some in-house games one of these days; the dynamics would surely change when playing with other 14 players who know what they're doing instead of having to play with 12 year olds talking about how cool tits are and how # should die because he's a nigger/jew/woman.
    Last edited by Sen; May 30th, 2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo

9. ISO #9

Stub is the easiest to win as.

You're useless, you're pathetic, and you're a sheep.

1 out of 12 games will result in victory.

Those odds are actually pretty good, when compared to that of other roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerry Crunch View Post
    I think the deadliest is Spy, he is next to you at night and you don't even know it, give him some piano wire and he is an assassin.

10. ISO #10

Town should win 66% of games
    Mafia should win 33% of games
    Evils should win 1% of games

The normal setups, (excluding citizen) however should go..
    Town- 100%
    Mafia- 0%
    Evil- 0%
    Seeing as Mafia wins frequently, and I have multiple dozens of wins as Serial Killer by claiming it on day 1.... Town is a virus unto itself. As an alignment and a power Town should never lose. Ever. As a player base town couldn't stop circle jerking if the meaning of life was offered as a prize for them to actually try to play the game.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

I've been keeping a partial record of which side won for the games I've played recently.

Town: 44 40.37%
    Mafia: 46 42.20%
    Cult: 12 11.01%
    Serial Killer: 3 2.75%
    Arsonist: 2 1.83%
    Witch: 2 1.83%
    Total: 109 100.00%

Roughly 40% Town, 40% Mafia and 20% Neutral. MM only appeared like 5 times in these 109 games and none of them won.

Personally I find Cult the easiest to win as if you pick the right people to recruit.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Steggie View Post
    I've been keeping a partial record of which side won for the games I've played recently.

Town: 44 40.37%
    Mafia: 46 42.20%
    Cult: 12 11.01%
    Serial Killer: 3 2.75%
    Arsonist: 2 1.83%
    Witch: 2 1.83%
    Total: 109 100.00%

Roughly 40% Town, 40% Mafia and 20% Neutral. MM only appeared like 5 times in these 109 games and none of them won.

Personally I find Cult the easiest to win as if you pick the right people to recruit.
    Please continue this record.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Town should win 66% of games
    Mafia should win 33% of games
    Evils should win 1% of games

The normal setups, (excluding citizen) however should go..
    Town- 100%
    Mafia- 0%
    Evil- 0%
    Seeing as Mafia wins frequently, and I have multiple dozens of wins as Serial Killer by claiming it on day 1.... Town is a virus unto itself. As an alignment and a power Town should never lose. Ever. As a player base town couldn't stop circle jerking if the meaning of life was offered as a prize for them to actually try to play the game.
    Reality:

Town: 45%~
    Mafia 20%~
    Evils: 5%~
    Benign: 30%~

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

I would say Mafia is easiest to win as, but Town wins more often. An intelligent Mafia will easily dominate the game. Unless Town gets by on blind luck (i.e. random lynching or jailing a Mafia), it is really hard for the Town to overcome a Mafia that effectively coordinates and spreads counterintelligence. However a dumb Mafia will die pretty quickly if the Town has even 2-3 intelligent people with powerful roles.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Please continue this record.
    Here we are after about 100 more games. Seems like the percentage for Town and Mafia didn't change much. Still yet to see a MM win.

Town: 83 40.49%
    Mafia: 82 40.00%
    Cult: 17 8.29%
    Serial Killer: 12 5.85%
    Arsonist: 8 3.90%
    Witch: 3 1.46%
    Jester: 1 0.49%

Total 205 100.00%

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

imo it all depends on how smart town is. if they're smart in those saves they should always win in those saves. however publics are mostly really dumb and i feel like maf wins a bit more often because of the dumbness ;)
    i also feel like the dumbness increased, it hasn't always been so bad
    FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

28. ISO #28