Is Holocaust Revisionism illegal...
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Is Holocaust Revisionism illegal...

People are punished for saying not many jews died, or that the holocaust didn't happen.
    He's asking if you were to say there were more deaths than there actually was, would you also be punished.

I would say no, you wouldn't be punished. It's a double standard. imo, you shouldn't be punished for either.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    but whos to say it hasnt already been augmented, and is just now being fixed?
    We just have to trust that it is accurate to the best of mankind's knowledge. It is possible we're being lied to, but highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; May 8th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

8. ISO #8

The Rwandan Genocide was a state-engineered slaughter that lasted 100 days and killed an estimated 500,000 - 1,000,000 people. The Nazis had way more men, logistical support, and time (years). 6 million seems truthful.

My thread is entirely rhetorical. The German Courts may still condemn the individual for not having a factual basis for this new revelation.

Also, has Nazism really been eliminated from Germany if you can be imprisoned for saying something unpopular? The truth is, there is no actual law specifying that Holocaust Denial/Revisionism is illegal, but it's more of a hate-speech blanket law, which makes more sense, based on the idea that hate speech can lead to destabilization of society and the renewal of violent retribution.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    So far people end up in prison for saying less Jews died, or that the Holocaust didn't happen at all.
    How it can coexist with the free speech rights? It's broadly disregarded, how some regimes disallow recent history revisionism. No doubts, different view? How can anyone be sure what happened without personal experience? We just assume so known history is true. There were grand lies in the past that got discovered after archaeological research. No reason for us to guess so it won't happen again.

It's always highly questionable when some government or community deny the right to question official/mainstream view or opinion on something.

10. ISO #10

I'm very sorry if this is necro but I need my opinion about this I'm a very strong believer in neo naziism and people are killed for talking about the holocaust there about less deaths non should be illegal but Germany fell and then rose but is falling again Germany used to be a brilliant placeat meat a quarter if the population is neo nazi

11. ISO #11