Suggestion for new role: Don
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Suggestion for new role: Don

The Don would be like a GF, unique role for the mafia (kinda like the mayor-marshall thing) and instead of killing every night, it calls hits on people. Kinda like the arso douse people at night. Then when he's ready, he can execute all the hits in the same night. I don't know it just seems like godfather is there in EVERY SINGLE GAME and it's a role that could be really fun to introduce. Thoughts?

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Suggestion for new role: Don

could be interesting indeed... but i think it'd be best in a FM game... be cause there can only be 15 players in a SC2 game

if you are only "dousing" people at night... you won't be able to react quickly when a sheriff reveal... and there'll be a lot more Town alive till the "burning"... so i don't see it being useful at all...

for example:
    a game with 4 sheriffs... it'd be much better to kill a random player in hopes of hitting a sheriff... rather then "dousing"... because the longer the Sheriffs are alive the higher the chances of them finding you or one of your allies...

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

4. ISO #4

well put it this way. Maybe you dont react as fast as GF, but if you know 3 is mayor and 7 is sheriff, and u also know both of them will be doc'd, by dousing them (dousing would ignore doc / bg heals of course) ur able to take out important town role really early, instead of letting them destroy the mafia.

I dont know i just think GF is a role that's ALWAYS there, and it would be fun to see a 2nd version of the gf

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Possible make it so when Don's "paint" their targets it doesn't count as an attack? So they can hit BG protected targets? MMs that aren't home? Allowing to call a hit on a vet would be rough .. I like the idea of the mechanic (and a balancing power for the Mafia) .. this idea might have legs.

Plus sure you want to hit sheriffs, but in the endgame this would be helpful once town has everyone pegged/protected. Not to mention that you can paint early suspicious targets, and then later when they're announced you can call in the hit. I like it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    Yes brigade, this makes sense and it does sound like a lot of fun. Is there a place we can submit ideas for new roles?
    Donate a dollar and gain access to the Research and Development forums.
    We are opposed to the line of compromise with imperialism. At the same time, we cannot tolerate the practice of only shouting against imperialism, but, in actual fact, being afraid to fight it. Kim Il Sung
    [CENTER]S-FM: Bus Drivers, S-FM: Trust, S-FM: Double Killers, S-FM: Double Killers Too, S-FM: Heart of the Swarm [COLOR="#FF0000"]HOST[SIZE=1]

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    Yes brigade, this makes sense and it does sound like a lot of fun. Is there a place we can submit ideas for new roles?
    Just share ideas here

If the idea is mediocre, then yes, you will more likely be heard if you donate I guess.

If the idea is really awesome, and an improvement to the game, then I can't imagine they would choose not to implement it, and stop making the game more awesome, only because they want that 1 dollar...