New Dead game suggestion
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New Dead game suggestion

players should be allowed to bet on who will win the whole game at the end.

payouts would always be in a double ratio (if you only bet on one team, 1.5x payout if you bet on more than one team, and 1.25x if you bet on three teams, rounded down)

other players can not see your bet. and the maximum bet is 5 points per day. meaning every night you are dead, you can update your vote in the day by typing -bet # TEAM HERE, you can increase your current bet for the team you think will win or lower it

you can only increase or decrease an amount by 5 points per day. all bets are final, and you cant cancel.

like so, I die night one, I was mafia, so I think town will probably win, so I type -bet 5 town during day 2.
    each day I keep typing -bet 5 town
    lets say town gets decimated on night 5 to the mass murderer. I had bet 20 points on town. neutral killer will probably win.

so now I start betting in favor of the MM, -bet 5 neutral killer.

lets say neutral killer wins the game on night 7,
    I would lose 20 points because I bet for the town and then I would gain the amount I had bet in favor of the neutral killer 10 points x 1.5 = 15 points. and I would net -5 points.

this game would give players a reason to be active and stay to watch the game instead of doing something else.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: New Dead game suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    This has been suggested before. It was thought to lead to a lot of game-throwing. Idk, though.
    the only way I can see this as gamethrowing would be if someone from the dead could communicate with at least 1 person who is alive, since there are no game mechanics where this is possible, it is impossible for this to lead to gamethrowing. unless of course someone is skyping or cheating in general.

if people say how much they bet and on what team, any living person would have no way to figure out who bet for who and how much. people will still try to win to the best of their abilities.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

You could bet on ending screens: Town, Mafia, Other.

But whether you get rewarded or not, should be based on day/night you placed your bet and the difference to the day of the conclusion. It is usually fairly easy to figure out the winning fraction near the end of the game. On day 2, it isn't.
    Last edited by cxx; May 4th, 2013 at 05:21 AM.

13. ISO #13

been suggested a million times... and still isn't a good idea...

it may sound fun... but who's points would you be winning? what if everyone bet on the same? what if only one player bet? no one win?

besides... it wouldn't be any fun... players the dead later in the game will have a way bigger chance of guessing who the winning team will be...

if we had observers! they could vote and bet any everything!
    that would be AWESOME!
    but... there can only be 15 players in a SC2 game... so again... maybe once we move away from SC2? (never?)

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    been suggested a million times... and still isn't a good idea...

it may sound fun... but who's points would you be winning? what if everyone bet on the same? what if only one player bet? no one win?

besides... it wouldn't be any fun... players the dead later in the game will have a way bigger chance of guessing who the winning team will be...

if we had observers! they could vote and bet any everything!
    that would be AWESOME!
    but... there can only be 15 players in a SC2 game... so again... maybe once we move away from SC2? (never?)
    points wouldn't come from another player, points would come "from the house" and would appear as an extra bonus next to the standard win/loss.
    and it would totally be fine late game, so what if we have a few extra points going out at the end of the match, whats the big deal?
    half the people will be wrong and half will get an extra 10 points. wouldn't be any different than pre point reductions

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

5 star!

I could see many players having fun with this, discussing and betting in graveyard, and suddenly Arso wins and surprises everyone!

Good idea to make the game remain interesting and relevant for dead players (even if they can't win).

If this has been suggested many times before, is probably just a good sign.
    Last edited by TheComedian; May 5th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.