Devoted Fanatic
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Devoted Fanatic

1. ISO #1

Devotee/Fanatic

Role name: Devotee/Fanatic
    Description: You've become completely enamored with your target, willing to do anything for them.
    Alignment: Neutral - Benign
    Abilities: Guard your target at night, protecting them from harm. If somebody attempts to kill your target, you will die instead while killing the attacker. (Optional): If your target decides to kill himself, you will instead die and take on their last will as your own.
    Win Condition: See that your target lives to the end of the game.
    Host Options:
    1) Limited to 2 Nights
    2) Limited to 3 Nights
    3) Limited to 4 Nights
    4) Able to target Jester/Executioner - ON/OFF (Default)
    5) Prevents target suicide - ON/OFF
    Pros: Has the ability to protect their target, will kill somebody who attacks their target so as to reduce their chances of being attacked again.
    Cons: Dies while protecting target, reliant on other people succeeding to win.
    Overall effect on the metagame if implemented: Basically a force multiplier for the person who is the target, makes Vigilantes and Mafia more wary of killing random people, especially those who seem to have others defending them.
    Additional comments: Option for Jester/Executioner may need to not be on ever, as having a role whose goal it is to die be your target would be silly. Might be too hard to win with.
    Last edited by Bergtau; April 9th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Devoted Fanatic

need more detail, I have made a similar suggestion before. They are not quite interested.

But, you can read this thread first, it will help.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...482#post303482

This was my suggestion:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...counter-spy%29
    When we talked about pubs, we are talking about us.
    When they talked about pubs, they exclude themselves.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    Are we bad players? We include bad players, but that is just a part of us.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    A neutral benign bodyguard?
    The problem is that this role will stick on one target for most of game...the goal shall not die right?

It is a challenging goal indeed though.
    They say only bad players want to modify citizens, and they do not satisfy bad players.
    ---They put veteran, mayor, allowed jester to visit for nothing, and they regretted and say those things are brainless.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    A neutral benign bodyguard?
    A bodyguard would never pretend to be a Sheriff in order to lie for somebody else, etc.

Basically bodyguards tend to keep silent, sort of like doctors. This role would be more active in siding with their target. The last will thing would add an interesting component as well I think, protecting them from a Jester or allowing them to pass on information if they're attempting to suicide as a Sheriff while still keeping them alive.

Something interesting to note, this role could win even if their target lost in the case of a tie where their target is still alive.

Also, the ability could maybe be changed, the core idea is a reverse-executioner, which reminds me, they should probably have some sort of option for when after their target dies prematurely.
    Last edited by Bergtau; April 9th, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    A bodyguard would never pretend to be a Sheriff in order to lie for somebody else, etc.

Basically bodyguards tend to keep silent, sort of like doctors. This role would be more active in siding with their target. The last will thing would add an interesting component as well I think, protecting them from a Jester or allowing them to pass on information if they're attempting to suicide as a Sheriff while still keeping them alive.

Something interesting to note, this role could win even if their target lost in the case of a tie where their target is still alive.

Also, the ability could maybe be changed, the core idea is a reverse-executioner, which reminds me, they should probably have some sort of option for when after their target dies prematurely.

exactly, when a neutral's goal is to keep someone alive at all cost.

It means he also defend the guy on trial and lynch its enemy.

This make this role has significantly different game play than bodyguard.

However, simply give someone one extra life really can not help much.

Without sufficient information, it is hard to defend anyone.

Thus, when I thought that idea, I gave the role the investigating ability instead of bodyguard type protection.
    -this may also vary the night action's target, instead of targeting one person almost entire game..

I thought the flaw can also be cured by adding a condition to make the role become jester or some after the goal failed.

-------------------

But what I really find interesting is that when this role's target goal is PREVENT A JESTER / HUNTER to die.

even tie may still make it a win for this role. good concept.

Or if your target is an intentional axxhole....cant do much.
    Last edited by louiswill; April 10th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    exactly, when a neutral's goal is to keep someone alive at all cost.

It means he also defend the guy on trial and lynch its enemy.

This make this role has significantly different game play than bodyguard.

However, simply give someone one extra life really can not help much.

Without sufficient information, it is hard to defend anyone.

Thus, when I thought that idea, I gave the role the investigating ability instead of bodyguard type protection.
    -this may also vary the night action's target, instead of targeting one person almost entire game..

I thought the flaw can also be cured by adding a condition to make the role become jester or some after the goal failed.

-------------------

But what I really find interesting is that when this role's target goal is PREVENT A JESTER / HUNTER to die.

even tie may still make it a win for this role. good concept.

Or if your target is an intentional axxhole....cant do much.
    Well, I thought the bodyguard-type ability was really fitting with the role. I would think they would share their description with a Lookout in that they spend large amounts of time outside other people's houses. The idea for their ability is that they were stalking their target when somebody attacked the target, so they rushed to their aid. Imagine a crazy fan boy outside of Emma Watson's house who rushes to help her when somebody breaks in, the kind of person who creates collages of pictures of their target on their wall.

I would be for giving it different or increased powers, possibly being like a Detective in seeing who their target visits as well as being a Bodyguard.

As for somebody just being a jerk, that can happen with Executioner as well. I think this role's biggest problem would be the unbalancing factor it could cause.

8. ISO #8

target being a jerk is good for exectuioneer, for this role, it kind work backward.

anyway, I really expect this kind role put in game play.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by louiswill View Post
    target being a jerk is good for exectuioneer, for this role, it kind work backward.

anyway, I really expect this kind role put in game play.
    Target being a jerk CAN be good for executioner assuming that gets them lynched. What it can also do is get them shot during the night. Being a jerk can also include suiciding for no reason.