FM XVII Signups - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FM XVII Signups

1. ISO #151

Re: FM XVII Signups

I was thinking of cooking something up if nobody else took the reins, but I'm a bit busy at the moment.

Looks like someone else may be volunteering. Not entirely sure yet what's going to happen.
    [FMVI: Angel FMVIII: Gunsmith FMIX: Peasant FMX: Blacksmith
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host
    SFM-I: Spy SFM-II: Bandit SFM-III: Host SFM-VI: Skeleton Knight
    Awards: MFM-IV MVP SFM-VI MVP]

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by 42shadow42 View Post
    Kind of have an idea for a FM, but have never done one before, probably would need assistance, not sure whether it should be medium or large, small would not work, anyone that could help?
    Have you every hosted before? You might be better off hosting a smaller game first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

Permission to host larger and more complex games has requirements of experience hosting smaller games first on this site. The reason is simple: the best way to learn what works and what doesn't is by trying it out. In large games, a LOT can go wrong. It takes quite a lot of responsibility, and if things go south badly then all of the players in the game will be affected. Which isn't very good for the general quality of the site.

So go ahead and try your hand at designing a S-FM on the M-FM section of the boards. There's a lot of information there to guide you through the process of making your first setup.
    MFM-I: Serial Killer MFM-II: Citizen MFM-III: Detective MFM-IV: Godfather/Witch MFM-V: Emperor MFM-VI:Host

7. ISO #157

Quote Originally Posted by BorkBot View Post
    Permission to host larger and more complex games has requirements of experience hosting smaller games first on this site. The reason is simple: the best way to learn what works and what doesn't is by trying it out. In large games, a LOT can go wrong. It takes quite a lot of responsibility, and if things go south badly then all of the players in the game will be affected. Which isn't very good for the general quality of the site.

So go ahead and try your hand at designing a S-FM on the M-FM section of the boards. There's a lot of information there to guide you through the process of making your first setup.

Looking at the descriptions I think it fits M-FM best, but would still have no idea how to make it balanced.

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

I hosted the my first M-FM before S-FM were made in the first place.

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

M-FM requires having hosted at least one S-FM (check that on me, Bork) and S-FM requires having played one game before. (Check it again on me, Bork.
    That's correct. Though he has played a big FM before, so that should suffice for the S-FM requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragos View Post
    I hosted the my first M-FM before S-FM were made in the first place.
    The first few M-FMs were found to have some flaws that wouldn't have been overlooked if the host had had a chance to fiddle around with hosting a less ambitious setup before. That's why the requirements were set in the first place.

;)

Nowadays, no one wants to play 'normal' S-FM's.They all have to have a unique aspect about them.
    It's ok to put something special in a S-FM. As long as it isn't full of specialness and strange custom roles that make it hard to grasp for newcomers and veterans alike.
    Last edited by BorkBot; March 23rd, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164