Expanded Role Quitting?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Expanded Role Quitting?

Roles I hate include, but are not limited to.
    Arsonist, Detective, Godfather

I do not role quit, but people are not limited to only hating the roles others deem boring. Citizen is the most fun role in the game. Worst case scenario- you die and nothing of true value is lost. Best case scenario- MVP.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post

I do not role quit, but people are not limited to only hating the roles others deem boring. Citizen is the most fun role in the game. Worst case scenario- you die and nothing of true value is lost. Best case scenario- MVP.
    MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP

5. ISO #5

what is MVP?

and as are what people role-quit as?... think i have seen it all... but some times it's also if the setup is bad and not just they're role...

my least favorite roles are:
    • Arsonist
    • Serial Killer
    • Veteran

i most of the time blacklist them... so haven't played them for a while
    but i'd never leave just because i get one of these roles... i play the game... not the role

Wiki User: Deantwo

the SC2Mafia Wiki is my playground!
    Spoiler : FM History :

FM18: Bushwalter (Drug Dealer)

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Deantwo View Post
    what is MVP?

and as are what people role-quit as?... think i have seen it all... but some times it's also if the setup is bad and not just they're role...

my least favorite roles are:
    • Arsonist
    • Serial Killer
    • Veteran

i most of the time blacklist them... so haven't played them for a while
    but i'd never leave just because i get one of these roles... i play the game... not the role
    Veteran is boring, and heavy on the team killing.
    Arsonist is boring, and I always blacklist.
    Serial Killer is like the only power role that I don't groan when I roll it. I just come out as SK on d1. 9/10 they refuse to believe I am anything other than Jester. Then claim "Yo dawg, I am Mayor trying to avoid attacks" to Jailors, and get megaluls Jailbreak. I've probably got more SK wins by revealing on d1, than by playing like a normal person.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Veteran is boring, and heavy on the team killing.
    Arsonist is boring, and I always blacklist.
    Serial Killer is like the only power role that I don't groan when I roll it. I just come out as SK on d1. 9/10 they refuse to believe I am anything other than Jester. Then claim "Yo dawg, I am Mayor trying to avoid attacks" to Jailors, and get megaluls Jailbreak. I've probably got more SK wins by revealing on d1, than by playing like a normal person.
    Veteran and Arsonist take skill to play as.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Boring suggests unsatisfactory play which suggests bad experience which suggest lack of try and leads to bad play
    I disagree. I, the speaker, think "boring" suggests "not as fun", which suggests "not as fun", which further suggests "not as fun". I have won and can win with all roles. Some are not as fun. Golf takes a lot of skill, the skill required does not save it from the fact that it is less exciting and enjoyable to watch as some others.
    Not as fun.

12. ISO #12

I disagree. I, the speaker, think "boring" suggests "not as fun", which suggests "not as fun", which further suggests "not as fun". I have won and can win with all roles. Some are not as fun. Golf takes a lot of skill, the skill required does not save it from the fact that it is less exciting and enjoyable to watch as some others.
    Not as fun.
    This post suggests budding frustration and a sense of arrogance. One is understandable, the other is not.

Is it really the lack of fun that suggests role quitting?

Edit: This is where I get the sense of arrogance.
    I disagree. I, the speaker, think "boring" suggests "not as fun", which suggests "not as fun", which further suggests "not as fun
    "
    Last edited by Damus_Graves; November 5th, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

13. ISO #13

This post suggests budding frustration and a sense of arrogance. One is understandable, the other is not.

Is it really the lack of fun that suggests role quitting?
    Arrogance? Because I said I can win as roles that you are suggesting I must automatically be bad at since I don't enjoy? Yea, totally.
    Damus, try this idea. Words like "boring" might just mean less fun to play as...

And I wouldn't know about role quitting, as I don't role quit. But the regular complains are about- role fun, role effect, chance to win, and repeated play of the same role.

Edit:

I was saying that I, as the speaker, intended 'boring' to mean 'less fun'. So your analysis of some deep seeded pain and agony over the roles and thus obvious molestation and abuse as a little child, etc, etc, are really just an overreaction to my words. But feel free to tell me how much better you know my self than I do- actually closer to arrogance and superiority than my simply saying "I said this, and it meant this."
    Last edited by Slaol; November 5th, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

14. ISO #14

More PPL think Citizen are boring role but is not the True, also Coroner is a Important Role and too many ppl understimate it. I have see a lot of games win from town with coroner last investigative role, Coroner can check Cult and know who was immune or culted, can detect who was SK,GF,MM for autopsy one of him and see who was the target when GF,SK not kill anyone.

I have fun with Citizen, Citizen only need follow game, read clues, read info, read lw and find who lie and who was bad, because if GF kill Citizen its pretty stupid. Citizen are the perfect alibi for GF, and Sheriff,Invest detect him as potential GF immune.

Example I hate all mafias roles, not have more fun to play it, also SK,MM,Arso its not fun for me, more better jester,exec.

MVP = Most Valueable Player

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by ZeratulChef View Post
    More PPL think Citizen are boring role but is not the True, also Coroner is a Important Role and too many ppl understimate it. I have see a lot of games win from town with coroner last investigative role, Coroner can check Cult and know who was immune or culted, can detect who was SK,GF,MM for autopsy one of him and see who was the target when GF,SK not kill anyone.

I have fun with Citizen, Citizen only need follow game, read clues, read info, read lw and find who lie and who was bad, because if GF kill Citizen its pretty stupid. Citizen are the perfect alibi for GF, and Sheriff,Invest detect him as potential GF immune.

Example I hate all mafias roles, not have more fun to play it, also SK,MM,Arso its not fun for me, more better jester,exec.

MVP = Most Valueable Player
    You forget that a month ago, most rolequitters comprised of Doctors, Sheriffs, and Witches like 60% of the time. Doctors and Sheriffs because they were too common and boring, and Witches because they were way to hard to win as, probably even harder than Serial Killer.

Now you see people like Vigilantes rolequitting.

EDIT: And before someone tells me how important a Doctor is, face it. It is really boring. You basically have to play like a Survivor while also hoping that your investigative roles survive, and hope that your power/killing roles aren't retards.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Force20 View Post
    Witches because they were way to hard to win as, probably even harder than Serial Killer.
    Witch is NOT a hard role to win as, 9/10 games as Witch I win, the problem, the Witch always trusts the Mafia WAY to much. Its a 2v2v1 A GF, a random Mafia-take a guess- a doctor, and a sheriff, you are the Witch. The GF says to control the doctor to target him so he can kill the Sheriff, he does kill the Sheriff, but it turns out, the last mafia was a Disguiser, and take a guess at who he disguised-you-.

Also in this situation, 1v1v2 SK, Witch, and GF and some maf-other than disg or consort-. The SK says he will kill you, and the GF says he will win with you. You control the SK onto himself -not doing anything but buying you the night to lynch him in the morning. You stop the SK from attacking you, but guess what. *You were hit by the Mafia* Then the Mafia proceeds to lynch the SK and laughs at you while doing it.

So unless the town wins, or you're unlucky and die N1 or N2, the only way to lose as Witch is to trust the Mafia, because 9/10 they wont trust you. So thats why its much better to side with Neutrals, SK/Last Cultist/Arson/MM. Cultist because you know he cant betray you by killing you, yet the killing roles, will USUALLY be happy they have even one ally in the town. Also the Witch is the most game changing role and can mess with people the most -other than the BD- which makes it in my opinion, the funnest. So why ragequit?

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Witch is NOT a hard role to win as, 9/10 games as Witch I win, the problem, the Witch always trusts the Mafia WAY to much. Its a 2v2v1 A GF, a random Mafia-take a guess- a doctor, and a sheriff, you are the Witch. The GF says to control the doctor to target him so he can kill the Sheriff, he does kill the Sheriff, but it turns out, the last mafia was a Disguiser, and take a guess at who he disguised-you-.

Also in this situation, 1v1v2 SK, Witch, and GF and some maf-other than disg or consort-. The SK says he will kill you, and the GF says he will win with you. You control the SK onto himself -not doing anything but buying you the night to lynch him in the morning. You stop the SK from attacking you, but guess what. *You were hit by the Mafia* Then the Mafia proceeds to lynch the SK and laughs at you while doing it.

So unless the town wins, or you're unlucky and die N1 or N2, the only way to lose as Witch is to trust the Mafia, because 9/10 they wont trust you. So thats why its much better to side with Neutrals, SK/Last Cultist/Arson/MM. Cultist because you know he cant betray you by killing you, yet the killing roles, will USUALLY be happy they have even one ally in the town. Also the Witch is the most game changing role and can mess with people the most -other than the BD- which makes it in my opinion, the funnest. So why ragequit?
    People ragequit because they think its a shitty role and that they die too easily. Given the fact they must survive and see the town lose and do not have a way to directly kill anyone means they must rely on scum to not be retarded as well as the scum to not betray them.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Force20 View Post
    People ragequit because they think its a shitty role and that they die too easily. Given the fact they must survive and see the town lose and do not have a way to directly kill anyone means they must rely on scum to not be retarded as well as the scum to not betray them.
    Of course the problem is as I say, because of betrayals. That in my opinion, is the only reason ppl rage from Witch.

19. ISO #19

You cannot say for sure who is rolequitting and who isn't. I have had to leave numberous times due to RL
    Damus, when I said that my recent ban (and other trolls) resulted in a drop in Mafia popularity, someone said "quality over quantity". So what if you enforce the old threat I saw on the loading screen over a year ago: "Warning: quitting after receiving your role may result in you being put on the kick-vote list".

Drops are unlikely, since drops only occur at start of game, and RL or not, you're still breaking the game. Of all the stuff I've done, I rarely ever ragequit after receiving role. Either way, it's ruining the game, mafia loses a vital player, and what if it starts a mafia ragequit?